Face Your Fears

The Cure is You

"Sowon I love you please don't leave me." Sinb's body had become overtaken by her sobbing and her words barley came out. Sowon watched the other girl who she was supposed to love fall apart in front of her but didn't move, she COULDN'T move. "Sinb-ya... I'm sorry. I love you too but I can't... We can't." Sinb didn't try to speak again, instead as the tears flowed down her face, before she knew way had happened, she slapped Sowon. Sinb looked torn. She didn't realize she she had struck her until a little blood had run down Sowon's cheek. The ring. Sinb wanted to throw It at Sowon but she also wanted to apologize, she thought maybe it'd fix everything but she was more rational than that. Sinb left with tears in her eyes just like Sowon thought she would. The cut stung almost as much as her heart. Sowon did it because she loved Sinb and even if she was upset and had just slapped her, Sowon was happy she got to be feel the young girl's touch one last time.

 

Heart Surgery. When Sowon was a baby she wasn't supposed to make it but she fought through it and eventually there was less appointments. Less concern. But it suddenly came back again and it was worse. Of course Sinb started to notice her irregular heartbeat or how fast Sowon would lose her breath when they kissed, but Sowon would always say a cheesy line to make the younger girl push her away playfully. Slowly Sowon stopped the cheesy lines because she made sure Sinb couldn't feel her heartbeat by maintain distance. Their kisses were more like pecks now too. It hurt Sowon to do this more than the feeling of her heart itself but the doctors said she'd need surgery soon and there was only a small chance she'd make it. That's why she did it. She finally broke up with Sinb and after she had walked away Sowon cried. Not the slient cry as if she were holding back her tears, the cry and that shook her body so hard she fainted. Of course it was her heart to blame but Sowon was sure it was the fact it was broken now as opposed to her disease.

 

But all that was a year and a half ago. Sowon had made ut through the surgery. The doctors praised her because she was a miracle case but she didn't feel that way. Of course she was grateful but the fact that she had given up Sinb haunted her everyday of her recovery. For a year and a half Sinb didn't want to leave her room. Both girls that about that everyday. Sowon had Yerin that came by her side everyday, even though Sowon was convinced it was because of her nurse, Yuju, who had this effect on Yerin where everytime she spoke directly to her she'd turn red and forget how to speak but regardless she was happy about it. After a slow recovery Sowon was convinced to go outside by Yerin. "Yah Sowon it's good for your heart and Sinb is good for your heart. She loves you still so find her and explain your idiotic reasoning." Yerin said this everytime Sowon wasn't particularly in the mood to go outside and it always worked. She would walk with a girl named Eunha she met in the hospital. Often they'd get confused for a couple but they felt nothing for each other. Both girls knew that Sowon was devoted to Sinb and Eunha had a mystery girl that she had only met a total of twice but swore it was the most magical moment of her life. Sowon went to all of Sinb's favorite spots from dance studios to her favorite restaurants hoping to see the smaller girl but never caught a break. Sometimes she thought about what happened if she did see her. She knew she'd most likely be with Umji. The thought of the two together made her want to punch herself in the face for letting Sinb run right into her arms but it was all part of her "brilliant idea". After Sinb ran off, Umji was going to pick her up. Sowon had planned to break up with Sinb for weeks and she wanted to make sure she was ok. That's what Sowon really wanted, to make Sinb was happy and ok.

Sinb was defiently not happy nor was she ok. There were nights where she'd be incredibly drunk and all she'd do is be reckless. Thankfully Umji was there for her. She always took her home and made sure the girl had always been taken care of properly. Umji did love the girl but the two had tried to be something more and Umji realized she could never replace Sowon but she was ok with that because she needed to be Sinb's best friend. A couple of days before Sinb's birthday, Umji came over to see Sinb  staring at the ceiling. "I want to go dancing today." Umji nodded carelessly thinking that they would be going to some club Sinb had become a regular at but was surprised when the older girl got up to change. "Dancing now ? In the day ? No alcohol ?" The surprise in her voice made Sinb feel a little bit lighter in spirit and smile at her best friend. "Yah we used to be UmB the dancing duo. I haven't been the best friend and I wanna make it up to you." Umji almost jumped for joy when she heard this and rushed Sinb to get dressed. "I know somewhere fun and I'll take you to eat whatever you want just go faster." After the two had left the house, they walked hand in hand through the streets of Seoul. Sinb hasn't smiles this much in a long time and it made both girls incredibly happy.