심장박동 (Heartbeat)

The Cure is You

Dropping Yuju off was more than confusing for Sowon. Eunha kept comforting the girl and Yerin kept glancing at the two of with an unreadable expression on her face. Arriving at Yuju's house, Sowon and Eunha gave her a warm goodbye while Yerin's seemed more forced, Yuju simply half-smiled and walked out the car. Before the car door even fully swung close, Eunha hit Yerin's shoulder.

"Jung Yerin I want to slap you right now."

"Wait what did she do ?" Eunha simply looked at Yerin before rolling her eyes and answering Sowon's question.

"Yerin started acting cold to her out of nowhere and when Yuju was obviously trying to flirt, Yerin blew up and said that Yuju needed to stop being so affectionate."

"SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND... I saw her phone and there was a guy sending her a ton of hearts. I didn't need her getting close to me, kissing my injury, and then be sad when she said she was dating someone." Yerin turned red as she yelled and slowly got quieter. At a stop light Sowon, who jad finally absorbed everything, hit Yerin in the leg.

"You know you're being a hypocrite right ? You threatened Sinb for not listening and you yelled at Yuju before you even knew what was happening." Yerin groaned and put her head on the horn. The cars around her started to honk making her sigh and sit back up. 

"Should I call her then ?"

"NO" Sowon and Eunha yelled in sync before Eunha continued. "I'll call her and put her on speaker." Pulling out her phone, Eunha held it foward so all three girls could hear.

"H-hello" Yuju sounded like she'd just been crying making Yerin feel like an even worse person.

"Yuju-ya are you ok ?"

"I... ya don't worry about me Eunha-ya."

"Is it because of Yerin ?" Yuju paused and that was enough to answer the question. "We all know you like her even if Yerin-unnie is blind to it." 

"I just... everything seemed ok and I don't know what I did wrong. Maybe I made her uncomfortable by being too strong. I hate that it feels like I have a high school crush on her Eunha." Yerin wanted to scream. The mix of happiness that Yuju said she felt did have a crush on her and the sadness she felt because it was confirmed she had royally screwed things up. 

"Yerin likes you a lot. She likes you too, a lot. And she is really good at advice but she at taking any of it." Eunha kept eye contact with Yerin who couldn't handle it anymore and walked inside the trio's shared home. Sowon simply shook her head and followed Yerin into the house. "Yuju-ya... Yerin thinks you have a boyfriend. She saw something on your phone."

"No-I... God. He was an ex. I'm not even sure how he got my number I swear. I didn't even text him back. How am I going to fix this ? I really really like her."

"I'll talk to her. She is just impulsive. Trust me it's not your fault. Cheer up Yuju." Yuju said her goodbyes and Eunha walked into her home to see Sowon shaking her head as Yerin sprawled across the couch. 

"Yerin you have to apologize and tell her. You're being a child." Sowon spoke like a mother scolding her child which accurately seemed to represent them as Yerin groaned. Eunha watched their interaction from the doorway amused.

"Ok yes I was wrong but sometimes when you make mistakes people don't just forgive you Sowon, it seems like a simple apology but things can't just be erased." All three stayed quiet for a moment after Yerin spoke before sighing and walking into Sowon and Yerin's shared room.

"I am getting ready for tomorrow and then going to bed. Night." Sowon closed the door behind her with a slam making Yerin wince.

"Aish... I just screw everything up. I didn't mean to say that, ecspecially because her and Sinb just made up."

"Did you also mean to be so cold to Yuju even though the person who texted her was an ex ?"

"I never like being cold especially to Yuju. I just really wish she would have said she had a- wait did you say ex as in past tense meaning that I overreacted to a situation that's not even real ?" Yerin was now sitting up and staring at Eunha who couldn't help but inhale deeply.

"Yerin-ah... sometimes you'rethe dumbest person I know. Yes he was her ex that she hasn't talked to. In the morning apologize to Sowon and then Yuju is your next priority. You dug your own gave so you gotta get out of it. " Eunha walked into her room and heard Yerin groan again before going to bed laughing. She knew Sowon would forgive her best friend, but Yerin intentionally did really hurt her feelings so she was curious how tomorrow would work. 

The next morning Sowon wasn't necessarily  avoiding Yerin... she just made sure she saw her minimally which somehow worked between looking herself in one of the bathrooms and basically stealing Eunha's room. It wasn't until Yerin actually used her brain abd grabbed the car keys before Sowon did doing the madness. 

"Sowon I'm sorry." Yerin stood in frobt of the door not really sure how to add on to her statement but she knew there was more to the story. 

"It's fine Yerin."

"Sowon," Yerin now reached for Sowon's hand and Sowon simply looked at their hands then back at Yerin. "What I said was stupid and I didn't mean it about you and-"

"I know it's just... she said she wants to start over which is great but Yerin what if in the end she knows I'm not good enough. I've already screwed up and-"

"You live in the past too much. If she was anyone else maybe she would leave you in the end, but she's Sinb. The girl you've liked since you met her and the girl that no matter what will always love you. You two aren't just a weird relationship. You're real love. Now go on your 'friend date' and remember to not focus on the path." Yerin put the keys in Sowon's hands and moved passed her smiling warmly. She heard the door open and thought Sowon had left until she felt two arms around her, pulling her into a hug. 

"You're the best Yennie. Even when you're being dumb. I'll get Yuju to come over in 3 hours. Plan something big." Sowon kissed her cheek when she heard a flash go off.

"Awww the unnie line is all made up again." Eunha smiled as the Polaroid came out of the camera making all of them laugh and Sowon walk out the door away from the two. 

~~~~

Sinb woke up to Umji in the kitchen making eggs and danced her way into the kitchen. Waiting until Umji was not grabbing things out the fridge or messing with the pan, she jumped on the ginger girls back. Umji easily carried Sinb's weight but laughed at Sinb's odd action.

"Sinb what are you doing?" Umji asked inbetween laughs while Sinb began making weird motions with her hands as if she wanted to play. 

"I have so much energy. I forgot how much energy I have this time of day." Umji's laughter rang out again as she put Sinb down on an open spot on the counter like a child. 

"You don't have energy in the mornings. You simply smelled food and know you're seeing Sowon today." Sinb blushed and Umji sat the pan of eggs beside then to share. Taking a bite and trying to make her face go back to her natural color and, Sinb playfully nudged Umji. 

"Shut up it's as friends." Umji nodded her head in an "whatever you say" manner and Sinb jumped off the counter chasing her around. Sinb had Umji trapped with a face splitting grin. "Omuji-ya say sorry."

"Why say sorry when I should just tell you you're gonna be late if you don't get ready ?" Glancing at her phone Sinb realized that she was going to meet with Sowon in an hour and she was no where near ready. 

"Crap I have to go shower."

"I'm choosing your clothes." Sinb smiled at her friend before walking towards the shower.

"You're the best Omuji. But I'm still getting you later."

Sowon arrived at the small cafe first and ordered a milk tea for both of them. She nervously played with her hands until she saw Sinb sit down. 

"Sorry I'm late, Umji wanted choose my shirt and she kept changing my clothes darker. Something about charms. Also I'll pay you back for the drinks Sowon it's not fair." Sowon stared at Sinb making the latter smile shyly. "S-Sowon-ah ?"

"Sorry Sinb you just umm wow." Sowon felt her face heat up at her fumbling over words. Sinb was wearing black leather shorts, and a white top with a business-like coat on top. "You just look really good like always." Sinb blushed and drank a sip of her tea.

"Thanks so do you Sowon." The pair smiled and continued talking for a while until a hand landed on Sinb's shoulder. 

"Hey can... can we talk ?" Sinb turned around to see Jackson sporting a black eye. Sowon reached to squeeze Sinb's hand and the latter gave her a smile before turning back to Jackson. 

"Ya but it has to be in front of Sowon." Sinb moved her chair beside the older girl so she was directly facing Jackson as he sat down. Under the table she reached for Sowon's hand making her smile and Jackson adjusted in his chair. 

"What I said was out of line and I'm sorry but Sinb... are you sure you wanna be with Sowon ?"

"It's none of your business what she wants because you hold no relevance in her life." Sowon spoke coldly and the only thing holding her back was Sinb's gentle squeeze that the younger gave her. 

"Sinb," Jackson ignored Sowon as he stared at Sinb making her shift in her chair. "I was a . I know but I really care about you. I always have and I let alcohol and your vulnerability get in the way of that. But I do know I'll never leave you like she did. When we kissed I know you felt something too." Sinb stayed silent and practically let go of Sowon's hand. Sowon felt her heart racing as she looked between the two. She doubted that Sinb would go back to Jackson but if she had felt something with him maybe she would no longer feel anything with her. 

"I have to call Yuju I'll be right back." She walked outside and dialed Yuju's number. She was going to text Yuju anyway for Yerin but now it gave her a moment to breathe. 

"Yuju-ah I can't... Can you bring me pills ? Yerin and Eunha went to the-"

"I'm on my way Sowon. Save your breathe ok ?" Sowon wasn't sure if ot was because she studied acting or she really didn't know what to do that made jerherso believable but she hoped at least Yerin could get a successful date out of it. She began walking back inside when Sinb ran in front of her. 

"He kissed me and he asked if you could ever make me feel what I felt then. I said no." Sowon looked at her with confusion before looking back at Jackson who had a smirk on his face while looking right at Sowon. Sinb pulled Sowon in for a kiss and Sowon froze. Her hands stayed around Sinb as of she was afraid to touch her until Sinb's hands moved from Sowon's neck to her hands putting them on her waist. That gave Sowon the green light and she kissed Sinb back with a mix of hunger and passion. They pulled away out of breath and Sinb was smiling mirroring Sowon who did the same. "You still make me feel too much to be compared to anyone." Jackson pushed passed them as he left making them both laugh and return to their table. 

"That was brave HwangB. But what happened to starting as friends ?"

~~~~

Yuju raced over to Sowon's apartment and knocked out of courtesy before turning the doorknob to find it open. 

"Sowon are you -" She looked inside and realized there were candles leading to a room. "Sowon you in there ?" She slowly followed the candles and opened the door and saw Yerin.

"Y-Yerin ?"

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

I feel like I have risen from the dead but I really wanted to upload this chapter before I have school tomorrow so I'm sorry it kind of . But hey lots of unanswered questions to be answered :)