Kiss Me Like You'll Lose Me

The Cure is You

"Sowon, Yerin and Yuju just came home. Are you ready ?" Sinb straddled Sowon while she laid down. Groaning the latter put a pillow over her head.

"How do I say it without worrying them ? Even Yuju seemed like she'd cry after I said I would do the surgery." Sinb smiled and lifted the pillow from Sowon's face. 

"It's ok we are all here for each other. Plus we are allowed to be worried. We love you."

"I love me too." Sinb went to put the pillow back on Sowon's face but Sowon grabbed her wrist and pulled Sinb down until they were inches away from each other. Showing off her perfect smile, Sowon kissed Sinb and sat herself up never disconnecting their lips. "But not close to as much as I love you." The two finally dragged themselves out of bed and walked into the living room where the other fou r were engrossed in a drama. 

"This is so sad she'll die and he'll never know her feelings." Yerin was on the verge of tears while the other three leaned in to tune her out. Sowon suggested that they should join in and watch with them but Sinb knew she simply wanted to avoid bring up her surgery.

"Hey there's something Sowon has to tell you guys." Yuju immediately turned off the tv and Yerin pouted before realizing what was happening. Sowon started to talk about her operation and how it could be the last one she'd ever need. Even though Yerin and Yuju already knew, Yerin started to tear up with the idea of losing her best friend all over again. 

"No no you're not going to le-"

"Umji I know you don't want me to leave Sinb but what if I-"

"IT'S NOT ABOUT SINB IT'S... it's about us." Umji started to cry and Sowon walked over to hug her.

"You've done a lot for us Sowon. You always know how to comfort us and encourage us. Before your first surgery you only had Yerin and I know she was scared but now... now there's five of us that are at risk of losing you." Eunha picked up her girlfriend's sentence as she tried to hold back her own tears. Sowon now sat on the floor in front of her friends with Sinb sitting the furthest. 

"I trust Sowon and Yuju will be guiding her operation. This could mean the end of all her problems with her heart. We can't be selfish and ask her not to do it. We are all in her life now and we have to want her to love for as long as possible without restrictions so we will support her." Yerin got on the ground and hugged Sowon tightly. Mumbling a thank you into her hair Sowon looked towards Sinb.

"Sinb ? You are in support of my surgery right ?" Sinb nodded but the other girls in the room could tell she was just as upset as Eunha and Umji. After a while of sitting there Yuju broke the silence. 

"She signed the papers and agreed to it already. All we can do for a week until it happens, is wait and support her." Yuju played as peace maker even though she wanted to cry alongside Umji. The rest of the day was quieter and less playful but as the week went on things went back to normal up until the surgery day.

"Sowon if you don't make it out I'll kill you." Umji hugged the eldest one last time as she was getting prepared for surgery. Yuju had convinced the surgeons to give them all five more minutes before making then wait in the lobby.

"Omuji I have to come out alive so that way I can see how cute your kids with Eunha are." Eunha smiled before hugging Sowon. Eunha was trying to not cry but tears slowly descended down her face which Sowon wiped away trying but not too drop her own smile. Sinb walked out of the room without a word and it was then tgat Sowon's smiled faltered. 

"We'll go get her." Yerin stayed while the other three went to go try and relax Sinb. Yerin didn't say much admit the surgery after the night they all were informed but when she walked over to Sowon she couldn't control her tears. 

"Hey dolls don't cry Yennie. I'm going to be ok. This surgery is like the last one and I got through that."

"Barely. Sowon... you're like my sister if I lost you. I don't know what I'd do. Do you really need this ? Yuju could cancel it and then she can-"

"You know I need to. You guys shouldn't have to care around pills in case or when my heart speeds up freak out and need to rush me to the doctors. Plus you know I need to do this for... Sinb." Yerin nodded and hugged Sowon again letting her remaining tears fall. "Give one of these to Sinb and keep the other just... just in case something goes wrong. Only then open it ok ?" Just as she finished her sentence the surgeons came in.

"Ma'am it's time to go on with the surgery. Are you ready ?" Sowon looked at the door and saw that Sinb still hadn't walked in. Giving two envelopes to Yerin, she smiled and nodded.

"I love you Yerin-ah tell the other girls I love them too. And sa-" Sinb rushed back into the room and pushed passed the two male surgeons. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I shouldn't haveran out like that. I'm so weak. It's all just setting in and I love you so much Sowon. I'm so scared and dumb. I almost let you go in there without-"

"Hwang Sinb. I love you more than anything and it's ok. I'm a little scared too but you give me a reason to fight. You're still more than perfect, you anyways will be because no matter what you're Sinb. My Sinb. Promise me you won't ever forget that because I'll spend every minute making sure you remember." Sowon kissed Sinb and pulled her into a hug. 

"Don't worry Ms. Hwang. I'll do everything in my power to make sure this goes as smoothly and quickly as possible." Yuju walked into the room and gave Yerin a hug before turning to Sinb. 

"I'll update you on everything as much as I can. I have taken care of Sowon for a while, she's strong you know that." Lifting her head tho look at Sowon, Sinb nodded slightly while wiping at her face.

"You're right. Sowon is the strongest person I know. Please make sure shes ok." The surgeons nodded and pushed Sowon into the operating room. The five girls hugged before Yuju left to follow the boys and Sowon. The last four waited in the lobby holding hands and trying to be strong for one another and Sowon. Her surgery only was supposed to last for 3 hours. They could hold on for three more hours. 

 

XXXXXX

I did another short chapter again I'm terrible I'm sorry. BUT the next chapter is sadly the last and that is already almost 2000+ words so it will be soon and long and make up for the last two.