You Before Me

The Cure is You

August 19. Jackson Wang and Kim Umji. The rational side of Sinb sent her best friend a happy birthday text knowing that it was the right thing to do and despite their tension, Sinb loved Umji. The irrational side of Sinb decided not to apologize to her friend and reconcile when all she got back was a simple "Thanks. Have a good day." The message actual was what Sinb was expecting because Umji hated having unsolved problems in her life and Sinb brushed over their latest argument. So when Jackson knocked on her door surprising her she actually went out to spend the day with him. 

The irrational side of Sinb decided to go out into the world with the boy who nights before tried to follow her back into the apertment and hit her door making her cry. They had stuck to their routine of drinking and kissing but Jackson had finally tried more. One night he had reached over and refused to let her go when she pulled away. She remembers the way his hands gripped onto her waist leaving slight marks. The way when she finally escaped his grasp, Jackson's eyes had a darkness she'd never seen before, or had been too drunk to see. So even though it had been days after this incident and all Jackson brough Sinb was pink flowers, which she told him she hated, why did she find herself back on the streets with him ? Maybe it was because she had to keep remembering she needed to get over or Sowon. Or maybe Sinb had just not been able to be alone. With Sowon everything was whole, Umji always made sure Sinb taken care of, and Jackson made her think she felt something. Even though they had all become screwed relationships, Sinb didn't know if she could handle being by herself, especially in the midst of her rollercoaster of emotions. But the day was somewhat enjoyable. They went to the lake which was semi-awkward and then the duo went for dinner. Unintentionally Jackson had chosen one of Sinb's favorite resturants.

"I come here with Bam and Mark often. They have really good jokkbal."

"I love this place. Thank you Jackson." Sinb knew that it was a mere coincidence but she was genuine with her comment. She realized how much she really did enjoy being outside. 

~~~

"Guys I'm not going to a club." Umji repeated for the tenth time within the hour. Sowon was on her knees begging beside Yerin who had been asking for the entire hour.

"Eunha-ya ! Help usssss." Umji scowled because the new couple was still deeply in their honeymoon phase and she could barely resist the small girl. 

"Umji can I g-give you an early present ?" Eunha had been the only one who came over that day because Yerin had let her sleep while the older two went to meet with Yuju. Umji had invited her over because she knew how much Eunha didn't like being alone.

"You know you didn't have to get me anything but sure what is it ?" Umji was laying beside Eunha on her bed and the older of the two had her back to Umji as she spoke.

"Close your eyes." Umji, slightly confused, slowly closed her eyes before feeling Eunha's breath on her face.

"I umm want to sing you a song." Umji was going to ask about the change in proximity but Eunha's honey-like voice made it extremely hard to focus.

"I don’t know why
But I keep getting nervous
I pray that you won’t disappear
Like a midsummer night’s dream
I pray, let it be just like today

Even after I fall deep asleep
Forever be by my side
I like your cozy embrace
You’re my everything
I feel like I have the world
With your warm breath, from behind
You comforted me
I love you" 

After the song ended Umji slowly opened her eyes and saw that Eunha was searching for an answer in them. Not knowing what to say, Umji leaned in for a kiss when Eunha started talking again.

"You don't have to. I- You don't have to kiss me out of pity but when I'd see you at the bakery I thought of how to talk to you and then-" Umji kissed Eunha slowly and Eunha hesitated before kissing her softly. Umji pulled away first and smiled before holding the girl in her arms.

"You're my favorite birthday gift."

"Yah Yerin it's her birthday don't force her to do anything." Eunha sat next to her girlfriend pulling her into her body to 'save her from the unnies'. Umji smiled and went to peck her lips but Eunha dodged and smiled. "She will willingly choose to come to the club with us." Umji groaned before laying on Eunha.

"Shut up I'll go. SHUT UP. " Sowon and Yerin smiled in victory before teasing Umji about how whipped she was, turning the birthday girl red. 

Hours later, Umji found herself at an unfamiliar club due to Yerin's choice but she didn't mind. Sowon and Yerin were dancing crazily together until Yuju came and Yerin was too flustered to make a fool of herself, purposefully, any longer. Yuju coming had been Umji's way of paying Yerin back for dragging her out but after Yuju had a couple shots it seemed to be more of a present for Yuju. 

"Yerin dance with me" Yerin didn't have a chance to respond before she was being dragged off the couch and onto the dance floor. Sowon encouraged Umji to ask Eunha to dance but they didn't want to leave her alone.

"You two need alone time there is a ton of built up tension. Plus I have to go to the bathroom for my medicine." Sowon stood up after yelling over the loud music and while parting ways Umji shot her a thankful smile. 

Walking into the bathroom Sowon reached down to try and find her pills in her pocket but they were empty. She remembered taking it out of Yerin's bag but she figured she must have dropped them on her way to the bathroom.

" I..." Sowon sat down on the floor as she felt like she was losing air and her heartbeat speed up. Just then the door to the bathroom stood Sinb because of course at a time like this Sinb was the one to walk in. Sinb wanted to walk back out and out of the club but seeing Sowon on the floor and hearing how heavy she was breathing Sinb found herself kneeling in front of the girl. 

"Are you ok ?"

"I-I really m-miss you HwangB-B." Sowon tried to smile but she found herself on the verge of passing out. Sinb tried to block out everything from how worried she looked to how beautiful Sowon looked even in the crappy bathroom lighting.

"Sowon did you come with someone ?"

"Y-Yerin and" Sinb stood up so the girl wouldn't talk anymore afraid it would make her actually pass out but Sowon grabbed her wrist and pulled her back down. Sowon tried to talk again before Sinb cut her off.

"I'll come back ok?" After Sowon smiled she ran out to the dance floor trying to slip in between the various bodies dancing together. Her and Jackson came after dinner because Jackson knew how much Sinb loved to dance and hoped between the dancing and drinking Sinb would give in to him. By some miracle Sinb found Yerin dancing with some unfamiliar girl and grabbed her arm.

"S-Sowon can't breathe." Sinb was trying not to panic as shr spoke but seeing Yerin's eyes widened she figured this must be serious . Yerin grabbed Yuju's hand and dragged her towards the bathrooms. Eunha saw them go and knew it was important so she grabbed Umji to follow. Sinb made eye contact with her best friend, feeling a little uncomfortable, and then turned to walk outside. Sinb had told Sowon she would come back with no intention of doing so but she felt as though something had made it hard for her to move. Looking to her side she saw Umji smiling at her with her hand on Sinb's arm.

"She needs you too."