Ch 2.5 Meeting the Gang

Every King Needs A Queen

The guys had finished a few rounds of poker. They were already on their fourth game. They were also all drinking glasses of whisky. Losers had to oneshot a whole glass. No water was allowed. It was a pretty intense way to play poker. I had made myself a few mixed drinks earlier but now I was just sticking to water since I noticed Zelo kept losing and the others would make him drink during the game, too. I might end up driving us back tonight. This was definitely not how I imagined a meeting at HQ went.

“Hey Jenny. I think Zelo needs a little help with this last drink!”, called Daehyun

“Nuh I dun. See prolly dun drin whiskey” slurred Zelo.

“Black rose. Black rose.”, the guys started chanting.

“Is this the last game? Can we go after this?”, I asked.

“Yeah if you finish it.”, said Himchan. I sighed. Whiskey was not my favorite but I could at least stomach this glass. I walked over and downed the whole glass. The guys all looked at me with a mix of awe and amusement.

“Great. Let’s go.”

“You guys can’t drive. I’ll call a designated driver for you guys.”, said Yongguk.

“Thanks. Can one of you guys help me take him to the car?”, I gestured to Zelo’s now sleeping form.

“I’ll do it.”, volunteered Youngjae. I said goodbye to the rest of the guys. We headed out to the car. The club had already closed so I didn’t have to elbow people out of the way this time.

“You know Zelo doesn’t usually lose this much. He’s pretty good at poker usually.”

“Everyone has these days.” Man this boy is heavy. I’m pretty sure most of his weight is in these long legs of his.

“No. He was especially bad today.”

“Are you trying to say something?”

“I don’t know. Do you think I am?”

“Just open the damn door.” We had already reached the car.

“Where are the keys?”

“His pants pocket.”

“What? You don’t want to get them?” I just fixed him with a death glare. I was tired and kind of hungry. I didn’t have time for games. He fished around for the keys and managed to get Zelo in the backseat. He was still asleep. Soon after, the designated driver arrived.

“Thanks for helping. I’ll see you.” I said before I got into the car.

“Anytime. See ya.” The designated driver started to drive away leaving Youngjae alone in the parking lot.

“Things are getting interesting.” Youngjae smiled to himself.

 

The driver helped me lug Zelo to the front door, but peaced out when he saw we had to go up some stairs. Great. I shook Zelo awake.

“Which room is yours?”

“The third door on the left upstairs.”, he answered groggily.

“Can you walk a little?” He tried but ended up stumbling. I sighed.

“Let’s take it slowly. We can do this.” Somehow we managed to get to his room. I wanted to just throw him on the bed, but I restrained myself. He wasn’t in the best state and plus if I handled him too roughly he might throw up on me. I gently placed him on his bed, poured him a glass of water, and moved a trash can closer to his bed just in case. I turned to leave when he grabbed my wrist.

“What did Youngjae whisper to you?” I rolled my eyes.

“Nothing really. Just teasing you.”

“Really? You promise?”

“Why would I lie? Can I go make some food now?”, I asked annoyed.

“Come here first. I gotta tell you something.” I leaned in inches away from his mouth.

“You’re mine.” I was ready to retort but decided to stop myself. He’s like a kid when he’s drunk. Man, I don’t have time for this. I’m hungry. I’ll deal with this in the morning.

“Good night, Zelo.”

“Good night, princess.”, he mumbled.