Ch 12.5 It's Sunny!

Every King Needs A Queen

Soon night fell and we were walking into Mato’s backroom. Everyone was there except Youngjae.

“You guys don’t need me to introduce Sunny to everyone right?”, asked Zelo.

“I think we can handle this.”,said Sunny.

“Great. But one more thing before I go.”, he leaned down and kissed me on the cheek. I could feel my face immediately heat up. It only got worse as the room erupted into a chorus of ooohs. When Zelo pulled away, he stopped to whisper in my ear.

“That was payback for last time.”  He was already headed over to the poker table where Jongup, Yongguk and Himchan were playing cards before I could get my brain to formulate a coherent response.

“You’re in pretty deep, aren’t you?”, teased Sunny.

“Shut up.”, I grumbled. At that moment, Sun Mi had made her over to us.

“Hey Jenny. And you must be Sunny! I’ve been so excited to meet you!”, she said.

“I’ve heard a lot about you, too. Thanks for looking out for Jenny. I heard you’ve got a lot planned for my visit.”

“Yeah! I was thinking we could go to Hongdae tomorrow.”

“Sounds good to me.”

“Me too.”

“Great! Now that we got that out of the way.” Sun Mi started with a mischievous glint in her eye.

“I see that things are going well between you and Zelo.” Sunny and Sun Mi started giggling.

“Stop it, you two!” I started blushing again.

“Alright, alright. Why don’t we head over to the bar and I’ll mix us a few drinks?”, Sun Mi asked draping her arms over both mine and Sunny’s shoulders.

“Wait shouldn’t we go say hi to the other guys first?”, I asked.

“Oh yeah that’s right! I guess I just wanted you guys all to myself. Go ahead. I’ll get started on the drinks”, she said heading to the bar. We headed towards Daehyun first who was sitting on one of the couches watching something on his phone.

“Hey Daehyun. I just wanted to introduce my friend Sunny to you. She’s here visiting.”

“Hey Jenny. It’s nice to meet you, Sunny. Quite a few people are excited about your visit.” Sunny looked at me. I looked back at her, confused.

“Oh really? Like who?”, I asked.

“ Between My Sun and Youngjae, I don’t know who’s more excited.”

“Did you just throw your friend under the bus?”, asked Sunny. Daehyun chuckled.

“You’re a blunt one, aren’t you?”

“That’s one way to put it.”, she replied.

“But yes I did. That’s how our friendship works.”

“Are you sure he didn’t just steal your chicken again and this is your mini revenge?”, I asked.

“It might be.”, he said smiling slightly.

“I can’t with you two. Anyway, where is Youngjae?”

“He’s running a little late. He’ll be here soon.”

“Ok. We’re gonna go say hi to the other guys.”

“Alright. Hope you enjoy your stay in Korea, Sunny.”

“Thanks. I’ll see you later.” We made our way over to the table.

“He calls Sun Mi My Sun? That’s so cute.”

“Yeah and Sun Mi calls him Dae Honey.”

“Why don’t you and Zelo have cute nicknames for each other?”

“We’ve only just started dating. They’ve been together for awhile.”

“True. Hey, I already have a great idea for a pet name.”

“What is it?”

“Albert.” I smacked her.

“Stop it.”, I said but I couldn’t help laughing.

“So violent.” We finally made it to the cards table where they were playing Uno. Zelo had moved to playing darts so it was just Yongguk, Himchan and Jongup playing cards.

“Hey Yongguk, Himchan, Jongup. This is my friend Sunny. She’s here visiting me.”

“Chyeah. I’m Yongguk. There are some great art museums with some powerful artworks around here. Let me know if you ever want suggestions on where to go.”, said Yongguk.

“Sure thing. I love art.”, replied Sunny.

“Hey there. I’m Himchan. If you want suggestions on where to shop I’m your man.”

“Noted. Nice to meet you.”, said Sunny.

“Hi I’m Jongup. If you want to game at a PC room, I can tell you the good ones to go to.”

“What do you play?”, asked Sunny.

“Different stuff. I’ve been playing a lot of World of Warcraft lately, though.”

“Oh cool. Maybe we could play together some time.”

“Maybe. But wouldn’t you rather hang out with the others?”, he said bluntly.

“Who knows? I might. Why? Scared you’re not as good as I am?”, Sunny said. Jongup chuckled.

“You’ve got fire. Sorry I didn’t mean to offend you. I just meant that the others are probably more social and interesting than I am. I’ve heard I’m a little blunt sometimes.”

“A little?”, said Himchan.

“It’s alright. I get that a lot, too.”, said Sunny with a shrug.

“Anyway, we’re gonna head over to the bar. We’ve got some drinks waiting for us.”, I said. The guys all said bye to us and we headed back over towards Sun Mi.

“That Jongup guy is kind of weird.”, said Sunny once we were out of earshot.

“Yeah you gotta get used to him.”

“I wouldn’t have thought he was such a game nerd. The tattoos are totally misleading.”

“Yeah, he’s kind of intimidating until you get to know him. Then you find out he’s just kind of weird.”

 

At the bar, the three of us chatted while we sipped our drinks. Then, Youngjae slid into the seat next to Sunny.

“Hello, ladies.”

“Hey Youngjae! You made it.”, said Sun Mi.

“Hey. I was starting to think you wouldn’t make it.”, I said

“Yeah I thought so too. I had to run a few errands first. But I couldn’t miss out introducing myself to our special guest. You must be Sunny. I’ve been looking forward to meeting you.”

“And you must be Youngjae. I can’t say I wasn’t curious about you.”, Sunny replied.

“Is that so? I gotta say I was pretty impressed by your hacking skills.”

“From what I’ve heard, you’re not so bad either. So I’ve got a question for you. What do you think is the best way to get around a firewall?”

“Oh boy. If you let her get started you’ll be here for a while.”, I warned.

“In that case, would you like a drink Youngjae?”, offered Sun Mi.

“I would love one.”, replied Youngjae without looking away from Sunny. Sun Mi and I traded smiles.