Ch 14.0 Fireworks

Every King Needs A Queen

A week after our Hongdae trip it was the day of the fireworks festival. Sunny and I got ready together. Zelo, Sunny and I headed to the Han River to meet the others. The bridge was lit up in different colors. The light reflected off the river created an otherworldly effect. Youngjae, Sunmi and Daehyun were already there waiting for us. The guys nodded at each other in that way guys do.

“Hey guys! Were you guys waiting long?”, I said.

“No, we just got here not too long ago”, replied Sunmi.

“What do you guys want to check out first?”, asked Zelo.

“I just know we gotta check out the food stalls.”, said Daehyun.

“How about we just walk around and see what’s here?”, suggested Youngjae.

“Well what are we waiting for? Let’s go check out the festival.”, said Sunny leading the way.

“Hey! Slow down. Wait for us!”, called Youngjae.

“Maybe you just need to walk faster.”, she called back throwing a cheeky smile over her shoulder.

 

We walked around the festival together, checking out vendors for about an hour.

“I’m kind of hungry. Do you guys want to go get food?”, asked Daehyun.

“When do the fireworks start? I want to get a good spot.”, I said. Sunmi checked the time.

“There’s still half an hour.”

“I still wanted to check out the games though.”, said Sunny.

“Hmm… how about we split up? Me and Dae Honey will go get food. Sunny and Youngjae can go check out the games. And Zelo and Jenny can go find us a spot to watch the fireworks.” We all agreed it sounded like a good idea. Sunmi and Daehyun headed over to the food stalls. Sunny and Youngjae headed to the games. Zelo and I headed to towards the river to snag a good spot. I hoped it wasn’t too crowded already.