Ch2: Mochii is the Highlight

Every King Needs A Queen

 

The car ride was mostly quiet. I spent most of it staring out the window. I had always wanted to visit Korea. I marvelled at the buildings and scenery we passed. It was similar yet so different from Hong Kong. When we finally arrived, I wasn’t sure what I had been expecting but we ended up at a pretty normal looking house.

    “What? Were you expecting a mansion or something?” I stuck my tongue out at him. He laughed.

    “What’s this? Looks like the princess isn’t totally prim and proper after all.”

    “What is with you and this princess business? I have a name you know.”

    “I do, too. If you use my name, I’ll use yours.”

    “Fine.” He looked at her.

    “Fine, Zelo.”

    “Great. Let’s go in, Pei Jun.”

    “Just Jenny will work.”, I said annoyed.

    “Ok. I hope you don’t mind dogs by the way.”

    “Dogs?” I asked unable to keep the excitement from my voice.

    “Yeah I have a Pomeranian named Mochii.”, he replied casually as he opened the door. Almost immediately a bread colored furry blob came barrelling towards Zelo. Mochii was attacking his face with wet kisses.

    “Alright, alright Mochii.”, Zelo said with a small chuckle, setting the dog down. That’s when the dog saw that I was standing behind Zelo. Mochii excitedly ran up to me, tail wagging and started sniffing me. I couldn’t keep my eyes off Mochii. Mochii had just captured my heart.

    “Do you want to hold Mochii?” Zelo asked. I guess my face said it all.

    “Go ahead. Mochii is pretty friendly.” I didn’t need to be told twice and quickly scooped the dog into my arms.

    “I’m guessing you really like dogs?”

    “Like them? I love them.” I said smiling. Zelo looked a bit taken aback. I realized this was the first time I smiled since landing in Korea. I gently put Mochii down.

    “Anyways, where should I put my bags?”, I said trying to regain my composure. I thought I saw a flash of disappointment on his face but I quickly dismissed it as my imagination. Why would he be disappointed?

    “I’ll show you to your room.”, he said leading me upstairs. Once we got up there with my bags, he turned to leave.

    “Oh before I forget, we’re going to HQ later. The guys want to meet you.”

    “What if I don’t want to meet them?”

    “You have to meet them eventually whether you like it or not.”

    “Fine. Just give me a 30 minute heads up before we leave.”

    “Alright.” I was finally alone and the reality of my situation sank in. I suddenly felt exhausted. I flopped down on the bed and dialed Sunny’s number.

    “Wei? How was your flight?”

    “It was alright. I slept for most of it but have you heard that I’m engaged?”

    “So that’s why the main house has been buzzing with excitement lately. I wondered what could cause a disturbance like this.”

    “You sound way too calm about this.”

    “Well I assume you have a plan to get out of this or was this guy hot enough to make you settle down?” I could practically see her waggling her eyebrows.

    “Please. I made a deal with Ba. He said if I could escape back to Hong Kong I wouldn’t have to marry him.”

    “Interesting.”

    “I’m going to meet the other guys part of his group later. I need more information on Zelo and the others. I need to know what I’m up against here.”

    “Where’s my please at?” I rolled my eyes.

    “Please Sunny.”

    “That’s better. I just texted you the documents.”

    “You made sure they’re untraceable?”

    “What am I? An amateur?” Sunny said sounding a bit offended.

    “Oh and fun fact it looks like someone tried to dig up information on you, too. They’re good, but not as good as me.”

    “How much information did they get?”

    “Barely anything. Don’t worry you still have your secrets.”

    “Good. I’ll need all the advantages I can get. Thanks for the information. I’m going to read over it now.”

    “Ok. Good luck on your mission. See you soon.” I missed Sunny all over again after we hung up. I opened up the documents she sent me.

 

Bang Yongguk

Affiliation: BAP

Role: Pyro technician

Notes: Destroys evidence. Usually carries a lighter. Despite his tough exterior, he is actually a pretty sensitive soul. Group’s right-hand man. Does a lot of behind the scenes work. Can imitate ducks. Likes Tigger.

 

Kim Himchan

Affiliation: BAP

Role: Ringleader

Notes: Executes hits. Collects secrets. Runs an illegal criminal agency in the club district. Collects cologne. Squints a lot because his eyesight is bad.

 

Jung Daehyun

Affiliation: BAP

Role: Analyst

Notes: Often is the lookout. Skilled in strategy. From Busan. Foodie. Dislikes seafood. Has a temper. Can be petty.

 

Yoo Youngjae

Affiliation: BAP

Role: Hacker

Notes: Really good at darts. Skilled in using throwing knives. Brainy. Best friends with Daehyun. Will do almost anything for money.

 

Moon Jongup

Affiliation: BAP

Role: Hitman

Notes: Good at being quick and silent. Reportedly has a weird personality. Unpredictable. Shortest member of BAP. Exercises when he’s bored. Good at washing dishes. Likes anime. One of his favorites is One Punch Man.

 

Zelo

Affiliation: BAP

Role: Sniper

Notes:Real name unknown. Extremely skilled in using any firearm. Youngest member of the group but is the tallest. Extremely loyal to group. Likes animals. Used to have a pet frog. Currently owns a Pomeranian.

 

I wish I had more information to work with. If even Sunny couldn’t get more information these guys must be really good at covering their tracks.

 

Meanwhile Zelo was looking at Jenny’s information while talking to Youngjae on the phone.

 

Lao Pei Jun “Jenny”

19 years old

Daughter of HK mafia boss Lao Wen Chuan

Studied abroad in America for a few years in middle school

Has been sheltered most of her life

Has shown no signs of interest in her father’s work

No one outside the main house knows her connection in the mafia

Best friends with the daughter of her father’s bodyguard

Said friend goes everywhere with her. Assumed to be her bodyguard

Really likes dogs

 

“This is all you could find?”, asked Zelo.

“Whoever protects their files is really good. It was hard enough finding this information.”, said Youngjae sounding a little offended.

“Sorry hyung. I just wish I had more information to work with.”

“Did you fall for her already?” teased Youngjae.

“Hardly. She’s just...interesting.” Youngjae laughed a little.

“I can’t wait to meet her. When are you guys coming to HQ?”

“We’ll be there in about an hour.”

“Alright. See you then.” Youngjae said as he hung up. Zelo took one more look at the file before getting up to give Jenny her 30 minute heads up.