Chapter 1: I Wanted a Vacation Not a Husband

Every King Needs A Queen

I was sitting across from a gorgeous boy in the little coffee shop they had at the Incheon airport. It would be the great start to a potential love story if I weren’t glaring daggers at him. What made him even more infuriating was that Zelo’s only response was an amused smirk.

    “You think this is funny?”, I asked.

    “Maybe just a little.”, he admitted with a shrug.

    “If what you said is true, why do you seem so okay with it?” I asked. He opened his mouth to respond. At that moment my phone started to ring. Dad was finally returning my calls after he didn’t pick up the 11 times I called him.

    “Wei? Ba?” I answered in Chinese.

    “Daughter, did you arrive in Korea already?”

    “I have but the craziest thing happened.”

    “Oh I suppose you met him already.”

    “Ba, tell me the truth. Who is he?” I glanced at the blonde boy across from me who still looked amused despite the fact that I was speaking in Chinese and I was pretty sure he couldn’t understand me.

    “Your fiancee.”

    “What do you mean fiancee?”

    “It’s for the good of the clan.”

    “I told you I don’t want to be part of the family business.”

    “I know but there was no other choice. We need to expand and make new allies. Things are changing.”

    “So you marry me off to the Korean mafia?”

    “Daughter, I wouldn’t marry you off to someone I didn’t approve of. He is a good and strong man. Trust me.” His voice softened.

    “Ba, I know. But what about what I want?” He sighed.

    “Okay. I’ll make you a deal. If you can successfully escape from him and return to Hong Kong on your own, you don’t have to marry him.”

    “Alright it’s a deal. See you soon.” I said and hung up the phone.

    “Well? Did you get all of the answers you were looking for, princess?”

    “Almost, but it’ll have to do.” I said leaving it at that.

    “Well then shall we get going?”, he said getting up.

    “Where are we going?” I asked rising.

    “Home.”