Ch 12.0 It's Sunny!

Every King Needs A Queen

It was the day before Sunny’s flight to Korea.

“Are you sure you don’t want us to pick you up?”, I asked Sunny.

“Yeah I’m sure. I fly in at 4AM and I know you don’t function until after 9. Besides, this way I can sleep at the hotel before coming over.”

“Alright if you’re sure. Are you already packed?”

“Haha I just started.”

“Sunny! Your flight leaves in 3 hours!”

“Yeah, I have plenty of time.” I rolled my eyes. Some things never changed.

“Well I’ll stop distracting you. Hurry up and pack.”

“Yeah, yeah. See you in the morning.”

“See you.”

 

Around noon the next morning, I practically flew down the stairs when the doorbell rang. Sunny and I wrapped each other up in a tight hug.

“You’re here! You’re really here!”, I said. She laughed.

“Yeah. Now let me come inside. Bugs are gonna get in.” We let go of each other and I showed her around the house. Zelo and Mochii were in the kitchen making pancakes.

“Hey! You must be Sunny.”, he said raising his spatula in greeting.

“And you must be Zelo. Those pancakes smell amazing.”

“Would you like some?”

“I ate at the hotel but I suppose I could make room for one.”
“You always have room for more food.”, I teased.

“I don’t know where it all goes.”, she said gesturing to her small frame. Sunny had always looked like a doll: long, shiny black hair, big, warm brown eyes framed by long lashes, small delicate hands perfect for playing piano . People were usually surprised by how her bluntness and no nonsense attitude contrasted with her delicate looks.

Zelo handed Sunny her pancake.

“Why does she get hers first?”, I said jokingly.

“Because yours have to be perfect like you.”

“Please. Your empty flattery doesn’t work on me.” I said but secretly it did work.

“Gross. You guys are almost making me lose my appetite.” Zelo laughed.

“After brunch, I’ll be heading out for a bit so you guys don’t have to worry about me being a third wheel. But I was going to go to Mato’s tonight. You guys coming?”

“I’m in.”, said Sunny.

“Me too.”, I said. We all ate our pancakes and helped Zelo with dishes before he left. Then, it was just me, Sunny and Mochii.

 

The three of us were laying on my bed watching random videos on my laptop.

“Hey. So haven’t you ever wondered what Zelo’s real name was?”, Sunny asked.

“Hmm I never thought about it. He’s just been Zelo to me.”, I said absentmindedly petting Mochii.

“You’re not even a little curious? Like what if it’s something like Albert?”

“Oh, please. There’s no way his real name is Albert.”, I laughed.

“I don’t know. If my name were Albert I’d never tell anyone either.” I thought for a moment.

“Ok maybe I’m a little curious.”

“Because it really might be Albert?”

“No!”, I said playfully smacking her. We both started laughing.

“Anyway, are you nervous to meet Youngjae tonight?”

“He should be the one nervous to meet me.”, she joked. I raised my eyebrow at her.

“Fine, fine. Maybe a little. He’s cute and knows his way around a firewall. Do you know how hard it is to find a cute hacker? They’re one in a million. But if it doesn’t work out at least I still have you.”

“You’re gross.”

“Not as gross as you.” We both burst out laughing again.