Ch 14.6 Fireworks: Sunmi and Daehyun

Every King Needs A Queen

 

Daehyun and Sunmi snacked on hotteok ( Korean pancakes with brown sugar and peanuts inside) as they checked out the food vendors.

“Sunmi! Is that you?”, a voice called out. Daehyun and Sunmi both turned toward the voice. It came from a woman who looked around Sunmi’s age. She had honey brown hair styled in a fashionable bob and large brown eyes.

“Eun-soo! What are you doing in Seoul?”

“I came to visit my boyfriend.” Her eyes landed on Daehyun. Sunmi saw the question in her eyes. She opened to introduce the two but he beat her to it.

“You must be one of Sunmi’s friends. I’m her boyfriend Jung Daehyun.”, he said with a charming smile.

“Oh yes, I am. My name is Eun-soo. We went to high school together.”, said Eun-soo, slightly flustered.

“Pleasure to meet you. Any friend of my Sun is a friend of mine.”, he said with a wink. Eun-soo started to blush.

“Wow Sunmi. Where did you meet such a charming guy?” Sunmi tried not to smile too much.

“He just kind of found me.”

“You’re so lucky.”, she said.

“I think I’m the lucky one.”, he said , placing an arm around Sunmi’s waist.

“You guys are so cute. Anyways, I have to go find my boyfriend. Maybe we can meet up later for coffee or something?”

“That sounds great. Text me.”, said Sunmi.

“Bye, Eun-soo.”, said Daehyun. Once she was out of sight, Sunmi turned to Daehyun.

“Weren’t you laying it on kind of thick?”, she asked. He shrugged.

“I wanted to make sure she knew that we were definitely a couple. I know it bothers you that your friends haven’t met me and doubt our relationship.”

“You knew?”

“You’re good at hiding your feelings, but I know you better than anyone.”, he said before taking a bite of Sunmi’s hotteok.

“Hey! You have your own!”

“Yours just tastes sweeter for some reason.”

“Is that so? Let me try yours.” He held out his pancake.

“That’s not what I meant.”, said Sunmi. She got up on her toes and pressed her lips against his. She felt him smile against her lips as he deepened the kiss. They pulled away once they heard the fireworks blooming in the sky.

“I don’t know. I think that was the sweetest hotteok I’ve tasted.”, said Sunmi.

“You’re right. I want to get seconds.”

“How about we go find the others?”, said Sunmi. Daehyun pouted.

“I rather get back to what we were doing.” Sunmi laughed.

“We can do that later. Come on. Let’s go.” Hand in hand they made their way through the festival towards the river.