"Lines are made to be crossed, idiot."

The Deadline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next many days, none of the boys happened to run into each other. Or rather, none of them went with their normal routines. Yoongi had been avoiding to go to the studio saying he had school works to catch up to, while Hoseok went to his business meetings and Namjoon was left alone in the studio. Jimin didn't visit. At all. Namjoon figured he must have seen the letter and now he didn't know if he should be at ease or worried.

Deep inside, Namjoon was down. His mind did not function like they used to. He hated that he had to lie and said he was okay. He wasn't. He was still a human, a boy who had just lost his lover. Of course he was sad. He wanted to cry every time he breathed. How come Hoseok still ask such a stupid question?

This evening, Namjoon went out to get a drink. He had been debating on staying sober throughout this whole post-breakup period but he wasn't strong enough. Now, he was more of a beer person than vodka or gin (he heard they tasted like straight hellfire and could really burn you inside out so he always stayed away). But this time, he wanted to try them. So he ordered something that sounded fancy and looked beautiful but could make him drunk fast. He watched the bartender mixed his drink. It looked fun and he was so skilled about it. When his drink was served, Namjoon ended up staring at it instead of gulping it down. He wasn't sure if drunk him would be the type of passing out or calling up on your ex while crying.

He was a bit scared to find out, not gonna lie. 

The seat next to him was pulled and someone sat down. He didn't look at first because he really couldn't think of something else at that moment. But after a few sip and feeling his face getting hotter (maybe the air con broke), Namjoon looked to his side and accidentally cursed under his breathe. There was a blond stranger in baby blue shirt sitting there. It was Namjoon's favorite color so he couldn't help himself.

"God is such a best friend," he slurred.

"Excuse me?" The man pulled his glass from his lips, frowning wasn't the right word to call what he was doing but he was in-between frowning and smiling. Something like 'srowning' if Namjoon had to give it a name. Or 'friling'.

Namjoon grinned, "I've just lost an angel and now He sends me another one."

"Oh," the man mumbled something to himself before he turned to the bartender. "How much did he drink?"

The bartender pointed to the half-empty glass, "Just that."

The man turned to Namjoon, then. "If you can't even hold your liquor, why bother drinking?"

"Of course I can drink."

"Water does not count." The man sighed. "Do you even remember your name?"

"Yes. I'm Namjoon, model, 125k Instagram followers."

"A model huh?" There was a hint of interest in the man's voice as he gave Namjoon a quick head-to-toe check out. "What's your full name?"

"Why should I tell you that? You tell me first."

The man pointed at himself, "My name is Kim Seokjin. I'm not a model or do I have 125k followers. But I'm a decent guy."

"Kim? Cool!" Namjoon clicked his tongue and pointed finger-gun at the man, "When we get married, we don't have to change our surname!"

Finally, the man smiled. "You're kinda cute."

"Kinda?" Drunk Namjoon was a bit offended. "Why not hella?"

"Hella is reserved for sober you," 

Jin offered to buy Namjoon another drink. Namjoon accepted. They talked throughout the night about various stuff but Namjoon wasn't a hundred percent his normal self so most of the time, their talks ended up on a whole unrelated conclusion. At the end of the night, before they parted ways (because coincidentally they both had an exam the next day and coming out to get drunk the night before wasn't a great idea after all), they exchanged numbers.

Namjoon murmured the name Seokjin as he was on his way back home (he wasn't driving, no worries). The name ran smoothly across his tongue as if he was meant to say that all this time.

He later swore that every embarrassing thing he said that night didn't come from him. It was the alcohol talking.

Needless to say, Jimin didn't cross his mind once throughout the whole night.

 

--

 

Namjoon sat his exam with a damn headache. All he could think about was the boy named Seokjin whom he apparently just proposed a marriage to. Throughout the whole exam period, Namjoon couldn't stop blushing. He was such a decent guy! Barely a month after a break-up and he was already pinning for someone else he met once at a bar?

Decent guy!

The time was up and Namjoon prepared himself for a supplement exam.

 

---

 

Suran asked Yoongi to proofread one of her posts today. She told him she usually did it herself but she had another thing to get to and she didn't have enough time.

Yoongi said yes, to his own surprise. He'd never read her stuff yet. He knew she wrote blogs but honestly, he wasn't interested enough to check them out yet.

[The concept of love has always been a stranger to me.

Her blog started with that. Love, wow. Exactly Yoongi's area of expertise, he mocked himself.

I never understood how a person could give up everything they have for one person. It is a weapon—love. You give someone the power to destroy you, like handing them a loaded gun while you just stand there and hope they won't pull the trigger. They always pull the trigger.

Love songs never made sense to me. I did not understand why someone would spend their energy singing about someone for the entirety of 3 minutes. I never got the lyrics and what they meant. I never listened to that kind of songs twice.

I never finished any romantic movies. I couldn't stand the idea that two people would love each other so much that they'd die for each other (e.g. Romeo and Juliette). I did not feel what other people like to call 'butterflies' in my stomach when I watched those movies. So the whole concept of love itself was unusual to me.

But on someday, when the sun shines just right and the sky is at the right shade of blue, I do believe in love. I do get jealous when I see two people walking hand in hand, their smiles

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter