Pain is to be felt, not narrated.

The Deadline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon drove Jimin back to his dorm room. Jimin was asleep in the passenger seat after much time denying that 'No, Kim Namjoon, I'm not drunk.'

Cute, Namjoon smiled.

Jimin was walking half-asleep with Namjoon's help. He didn't even open his eyes when he unlocked his door, which was a magic trick of its own and Namjoon was amused. When he laid Jimin down on the bed, he saw the tears strains on his boyfriend's cheeks and his heart ached.

"Jimin ah?" Namjoon called softly. Jimin stirred, burying his face into the pillows. "Jimin ah, can we talk?"

Jimin, slowly, turned and sat up, his hair a mess. He squinted, the lights in his room was making him dizzy. He reached for the space between them, wiggling his finger at nothing.

"Yes, Joonie? What's up? I'm not drunk, I promise."

"You are, a little bit. But uh... that's not what I want to talk about."

Jimin giggled at that. He suddenly went in for a hug but Namjoom backed away. Instantly, Namjoon regretted it. The hurt in Jimin's eyes almost choked him up.

"Joon?" Jimin whispered.

"Uh..." Namjoon in a deep breath. "Sorry, I..."

"What's wrong?" Jimin was already close to tears. Namjoon opened up his arms and scooted closer but Jimin slapped him away. "What's the ing problem, Kim Namjoon?"

"Jimin-"

The influence seemed to wash off Jimin now. He stared at his boyfriend, lips pouty. He looked away briefly, and when he looked back his face was wet again.

"What's happening?"

Namjoon was quiet.

"You know, don't you?" Jimin whispered.

Slowly, Namjoon nodded.

"Nothing happened, I swear." Jimin said through tears. "I didn't cheat on you. I was just trying to take a nap. Yoongi just sat there accompanying me. We only talked. Nothing else happened-"

"Jimin, Jimin, please breathe." Namjoon grabbed him by the shoulders.

Jimin was already hysterically crying beyond words. His shaky shoulders and flushed cheeks were a new sight. In other situation, Namjoon would have loved to just make fun of this little cutie. But tonight was too quiet, too lonely for some reasons that now Namjoon couldn't feel anything besides pain. He couldn't even hold Jimin without feeling like he was holding someone who didn't belong in his arms anymore—or ever, at all. 

"I'm so sorry, Joonie. I really am." Jimin said, teardrops after teardrops were running down his cheeks. "I couldn't fight it. I thought I was over him. I tried so hard not to be around him. I'm so sorry. I'll try harder, I promise. I won't ever see him again if that's what you want. Nothing happened between us behind your back, I swear. Just—please don't be mad at me. I'm so sorry."

"Jimin ah, it's okay." Namjoon reached to wipe the tears away but they kept coming. He never saw Jimin crying this hard before, not even when they were watching The Notebook.

Namjoon was not angry. no, he wasn't. Not even a tiny bit. He knew Jimin and he knew he wouldn't cheat. Would never cheat. He also knew Yoongi enough to know that boy wasn't a life-ruiner. Namjoon just wanted Jimin to be happy at this point and if that wasn't with him, it was okay too. It was okay and completely fine if Jimin's home was with someone else. 

"Joon, please..."

"Jimin ah,"

"Joon, I'm so sorry for hurting you. I don't want to live. Please don't be mad at me. Please. Are you mad? Are you disappointed?"

"Jimin ah, I mean it. It's okay. I promise I'm not angry."

"Why are you not angry? You're lying."

"Because you did nothing wrong,"

"You are too nice, I want to die."

Namjoon couldn't help but chuckle, though Jimin didn't notice that amidst his crying. Jimin scooted closer and wrapped his arms around Namjoon's neck. He was sniffing into Namjoon, his hot tears soaked his soon-to-be ex-boyfriend's shirt.

"I don't... want to lose y-you, Namjoon ah..." Jimin whispered through hiccups. 

Namjoon cleared his throat. "Jimin, that's a little selfish. You can't have both. I'm not into polygamy."

"I'm not a selfish. I'm a human."

"I didn't mean shellfish. And of course, I know you're human. A cute one. The thing is, I'm not mad or upset. I'm actually happy for you. What we have, I know it was something but it wasn't anything as deep as what you feel for Yoongi. And I'm grateful for the time we spend together, but ending it now is cool too. We can at least remain on good term. I hate bitter exes." Namjoon sighed. "Why am I trying to explain to a drunkard..."

"I'm not drunk." Jimin murmured, sniffing.

"That's what drunk people say, baby."

This shall be the last time Namjoon was able to call him that. He patted Jimin's hair, sooting him. Jimin was calm now, his hug was getting loose too until Namjoon was sure the boy had fallen asleep. He laid Jimin down gently on the bed and tucked him in nicely before he retreated to sleep on the chair nearby.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter