The Deadline

The Deadline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PARK JIMIN! ❤

 


As the dorm electricity would be out by 9PM, the party had to end before that. But as far as tradition went, when the lights were out, they'd move the party from the dorm hall to someone's room and carry on with the party with lamps ran by battery, and candles.  

But now it was already 8:40 and there was no sight of Jimin yet. Yoongi couldn't help but feel like Jimin said he'd be here only for show. Of course Jimin wouldn't show up when he was this mad at him.

When the clock read 8:59 PM, every one at the parties started their celebratory countdown. Someone handed Yoongi a cup of beer, which is highly illegal but they hid it from the dorm managers and headmistress well. So Yoongi down the cup in one breath, gagging at the taste a bit. 

"15! 14! 13!" Already, almost all the drink and food were moved upstairs to the first floor rooms.

"12! 11! 10! Wooo!" Someone got overly excited.

Searching, still searching.

"9! 8!"

Someone handed Yoongi another drink.

"For the end of Junior Year." The boy grinned. Yoongi recalled this one to be Jimin's classmate, though not the one he had seen this morning.

"Is Jimin coming?" 

"Jimin?" The boy tilts his head. "Didn't you see him? He went upstairs just a moment ago."

Yoongi gulped. "Thanks,"

"He looked beat, man." The boy added and then shrugged. "His first time at a party and some idiot probably forced some drink down the poor boy."

Yoongi tapped the boy's arm as a thank and hurriedly climbed up to search for his drunk boyfriend.

"3! 2! 1!"

The lights went out. Yoongi missed a step and fell face first on the staircase.

He hated this stupid dorm policy.

 

-

 

Rubbing his sore cheek, Yoongi navigated carefully around the lamps and candles. He remembered last year, someone's shirt was caught on fire and it was a drag trying to calm the whole room down. These kids became like pre-historic cavemen once there was alcohol in their system and they caught sight of fire.

Hoo, hoo, hoo!! Wow, fire! They seemed to lose their ability to form coherent sentences as well.

A familiar laughter came in between the sombre music. Yoongi followed it to the corner of the room where he found Jimin giggling at something his classmate had said. Jimin seemed a little flushed, his rosy cheeks were noticeable even under the dim lighting.

"Told you he'd find me," Jimin said before he turned to where Yoongi stood. "Hey, boyfriend. Took you long enough."

"I waited for you the whole evening, Jimin. You could've told me you've been here all along."

"Do I look like I must report to you every second, Yoongi?"

"That's not what I meant and you know that."

Jimin nodded, "I know. I just didn't care."

The classmate stood up, clearly didn't want to be caught in the middle of this fight. He walked away after a few unsure glances at Jimin. Jimin watched until he was gone before he spoke to Yoongi again.

"Why are you being possessive?"

"Possessive?" Yoongi had to take a moment to digest that accusation. Him? Possessive? How?

"Yeah," Jimin laid back and crossed his legs. "You clearly didn't care about my existence and out of nowhere, you approached me and asked me out." He looked Yoongi straight in the eyes,

"Admit it, Yoongi. You chose me because I was easy."

"Would you just listen to what I have to say?"

"Sure, go ahead." Jimin patted the floor cushion across him. Yoongi sat down.

He took a deep, deep breath. Jimin was now watching him, his face calm and so empty of emotions that Yoongi didn't know where to begin his side of the story. He was in the wrong and he couldn't even deny that truth. But he wanted Jimin to understand the hidden and unsaid intentions. What they had built along the way were something else entirely and Yoong never wanted to lose that.

"I admit I chose you because you were easy." Yoongi started. Jimin didn't react nor say anything. 

Yoongi continued, "I never thought about anyone else but myself. I accepted this stupid bet because I was bored and got sick of doing homework like any other stupid high school kids felt. Jin came in at the right time so I didn't consider at all. I thought you would be easy because I knew you before and I relied on that past familarity. But,"

Jimin was still expressionless. Yoongi continued despite the increasing volume of the music and noisy chatter from the others around them.

"After that night you stayed with me and looked after me, something changed. We both felt it. I never intended for it to get this far, I admit. But after that night, I wavered. The bet was no longer my first priority. I even asked Jin to let me off, but he was b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter