"I am okay; you should be, too."

The Deadline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin was being pushed by Namjoon who had come back and hastily told him that he'd need to get dressed cause 'we're going to get coffee and it'd be great, trust me!'.

Jimin didn't understand why Namjoon suddenly wanted coffee on the morning of their break-up. He wondered if other couples do this too or if this was a special case. After all, Namjoon had promised not to change the way he acted toward Jimin—still, this was all too fast for Jimin to let the reality sink in. 

Namjoon looked at his phone more than a few times now to be considered normal. When Jimin asked, the taller male only said that he was reading the GPS. Why did they need GPS to get coffee? Did Namjoon have a specific shop he wanted to go to?

"Joon ah, can we slow down? I have short legs," Jimin grumbled. 

Namjoon slowed as requested, his grips on Jimin's shoulders loosened too.

"Sorry, I just wanted to get there quickly."

"Where is the place, anyway? You seem so determined to get there."

"Oh... uh... I heard croissants there sold out fast so I wanna go grab one before it's too late."

"But you don't like croissants. You said they're just normal bread but fancier and more expensive."

"Did I? Hmm, I don't recall."

Jimin forgot what he was about to reply when Namjoon exclaimed and pointed to the title of a cafe. Sugary Snack Bar. Wow, what a name. Jimin could already taste diabetes he was going to get. He never knew Namjoon had a sweet tooth.

Namjoon double-checked the place, peeking inside through the glass before he ushered Jimin to enter. Once they pushed open the door, the tiny bell drew some people's attention. Jimin was hit by the smell of freshly brewed coffee and his mouth watered. 

Damn, I need more self-control.

Namjoon still had his hands on Jimin's shoulders but now his eyes were elsewhere. He was looking—searching, for something in the crowd. He muttered something under his breath that Jimin didn't catch but it sounded quite like 'whereishedidheleave'.

"Joon, what do you want to drink?"

"Uh, water."

Jimin rolled his eyes, causing the waitress to smile at his cuteness. Jimin ordered himself a cup of iced cappuccino and Namjoon his croissant.

"Did you find us a table?" Jimin nudged. 

Suddenly, Namjoon snapped his fingers and turned to grin at Jimin.

"Yes, I did."

Before Jimin could properly put his changes into his wallet, Namjoon started dragging him toward one end of the cafe. Only when they were close that Jimin saw who Namjoon was leading him to.

"Joon, wait- Kim Namjo-"

"Oh? Yoongi!!" Namjoon practically yelled and gained half of the place's attention. Jimin wanted to face-palm himself but he was too occupied staring at the girl sitting across Yoongi. Both of them were laughing about something before Namjoon called.

Yoongi saw Namjoon and his smile appeared, and then it disappeared when he saw Jimin. 

"G-guys! Hey,"

"What a coincidence!" Namjoon chimed.

In that moment, Jimin was glad they broke up because how dare, Namjoon!! How dare! He even had the audacity to say the word coincidence and .

Jimin's head snapped toward Namjoon, his eyes glaring.

Namjoon avoided his gaze.

"Uh, yeah. Uh, what are- I mean," Yoongi was quiet for a second. "Um, this is Suran. She writes a travel blog."

On cue, the girl waved at both Jimin and Namjoon. Her smile was to die for.

"Ah~~ Suran-ie? Hi, hi~" 

Kim ing Namjoon couldn't act surprised for . Jimin watched as Namjoon went in for a handshake. Suran giggled, cheeks rosy.

And then she turned to Jimin, "Hi?"

Jimin wanted to clench his own chest. It felt numb. If this continued, he'd need a CPR.

"Hello, I'm Jimin."

"Nice to meet both of you~ Would you like to join us?"

"No." / "No."

Both Jimin and Yoongi answered at the same time. Suran looked from Jimin to Yoongi, eyes unsure. She then looked to Namjoon, who placed both hands on Jimin's shoulders and pushed him toward the empty seat at Yoongi's right. Namjoon himself then skipped to the other seat across Jimin, on Suran's right.

For a moment, the four of them just sat in awkward silence.

"So," Suran started. "The showroom was well-prepared. I was blown out of my mind when I saw. Are you guys also Yoon's classmates? Or do you go to a different place?"

Yoon?

YOON?

Jimin stared at her.

"Me and Yoon go to the same uni. But we're not classmates."

This time Yoongi stared at Namjoon.

"How about you, Jimin?" Suran turned to him. 

Jimin shrugged and sipped his coffee. As if sensing the lack of interest in conversation, Suran turns back to Yoongi.

"Anyway, there's a place called Old Town Square in Prague. I heard it's really beautiful. It's popular during Christmas time."

Yoongi nodded, "I've always wanted to visit Prague. I heard it's Paris but in Czech."

"Yeah, you're right. Both places are romantic down to the last brick."

Yoongi burst into a fit of laughter. Suran smiled along. 

Wow, Jimin finally had to admit that Karma was real. He wondered if Yoongi had felt this same way or worse back then when he saw him and Namjoon together.

Jimin sipped his coffee, which now tasted more bitter than ever. 

Suran and Yoongi were talking about this stuff Jimin didn't quite understand but he tried to keep his ears open and focused on their talk anymore. At one point, Jimin heard Yoongi mentioned 'visiting' and Suran replied with something along the line of 'yeah, I'd love to come along'.

"Are you two planning your honeymoon?"

Jimin choked on his coffee. He couldn't even look at Suran or Yoongi because apparently, he was blushing hard himself so he couldn't imagine what the other two's reacti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter