Start Over

The Deadline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi carried his Canon over his shoulder and a folder of printed A3 pictures under his right arm, his left arm carrying a heavy backpack filled with other camera equipment. His photographer mentor had assigned him an assignment and now he was on his way to submit his work to her. He had now gotten accustomed to the way college worked; which had shifted from the usual 8 to 3 each day to someday at 9 am, some days start at 7 am with large Americano, in between there, were usually only 2 to 3 classes a day, and mostly 3 to 4 days a week. Because Yoongi was pursuing both a major and a minor—and neither had anything in common, with his major being Global Business and his minor instead focused on Digital Media and Arts. Yoongi's schedule sometimes clashed. He had determined to pay equal attention to both things, but sometimes he tended to prioritize his minor more than his major.  

Last semester, he barely had enough credit to advance. But for his minor, he was excellent at it. Plenty of his works were displayed around the Art building and he had received quite a handful of praise for them.

At the end of the freshmen year, Yoongi fully got the hang of college. He spent his free period doing his assignment in the library, and sometimes when school works were a little overwhelming for him, he retreated to the back of the campus where there were a pond and many green things he could take pictures of. 

On the school break before the sophomore year started, Yoongi met someone. The boy came through like a hyper fish. Yoongi first met him in the library one afternoon when he suddenly yelled to everyone whether or not they had seen his phone. The librarian was not happy at the sudden outburst, but she did try to look for it with him.

The boy turned the whole library upside down and Yoongi tried to ignore the commotion at first but it was no success. The boy arrived at his table and Yoongi was tempted not to pull his earphones out.

"Hi, can I borrow your phone for a few minutes?" he asked.

Yoongi pretended he didn't hear that. The boy, as if not getting the hint, sat down across Yoongi and knocked gently on Yoongi's laptop.

Yoongi sighed. What a life.

"May I borrow your phone for a few minutes?" The boy asked again, emphasizing each word. Yoongi pulled out his run-down phone and handed over. The boy grinned as he accepted.

He dialed some numbers and waited, his slender fingers tapping against the table. Soon, both he and Yoongi felt a vibration. The boy paused, pulling the phone from his ear.

"Did you hear that?"

Yoongi pointed to the boy pocket. "It's from there."

The boy tapped his pockets before he pulled out his ringing phone. Taking a long sigh of relief, the boy spoke loudly but not enough to be a yell like the first time.

"Guys, I found my phone!"

"Where?" One from the crowd asked.

"In my pants pocket."

On cue, a collective groan was heard. The boy giggled to himself as he sat back. He handed Yoongi back his phone.

"Thanks, man. I forgot my pants have a pocket. Actually, they're not mine. I had a few drink last night and I out at my friend's friend's place so when I woke, I didn't even remember the name of the current US president. Is it Bill? Anyways, I grabbed the first pants near me and bolted out of the house because I had a study date this morning and I didn't want to ruin that like I did for the last 3 times this week. But then I couldn't find my phone which I was sure I had it when I left the house so I panicked a little, you see. My phone is my everything and I'm quite useless without it. Probably, I'll die without it. I have tons of my projects planned in there and my notes and the photos." The boy paused when his phone beeped a new message. He squinted at the words for a moment before he sighed.

Yoongi just sat there, none of the boy's words really made sense but he was polite not to interrupt.

"Aww man, I have to get to this art concept

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter