"Hi. I'm Namjoon's boyfriend."

The Deadline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi halted, question marks flying around his head.

"A trip?"

"Yeah, a trip." 

"A trip." Yoongi repeated, the word still had not gone to his head yet. "A ing trip." 

He only realized he had cursed aloud when Hoseok slapped his arm, face red.

"We don't on this trip. We just need to scout a location!"

Namjoon perked up, eyes bright, "You wanna what?"

"That's not what I meant!" Yoongi's face was a little bit red and he was mildly embarrassed, he admitted. They had sat down in a coffee shop and Hoseok's loud voice drew a bit of attention of the others.

"Yeah, just a scouting trip! On our next project, I want to have this thick nature as the background. It's like a theme of going back to the way we start. Like, reborn. Or renew. Rise. Or you could think of it like a redemption. I named this project Phoenix, which is kinda cool." Namjoon looked to Hoseok briefly, "You'll learn to love it."

"Yeah, still not doing it for me."

Phoenix. Reborn. Yoongi kinda liked it. He had been on his own journey of redemption so he understood what Namjoon was getting at. But the problem was the trip. Going on a trip would mean spending and spending wasn't something Yoongi would jump in at any given chances. He had been saving up for a new camera and other equipment. He had been using the first ever camera given by Jimin and needless to say, it was hard for him to move on when he would be reminded of his first heartbreak every time he looked at that thing.

But that was Yoongi's biggest dilemma. He wanted to move on from Jimin, but at the same time, he would do anything just to remind himself of the boy who had disappeared like a butterfly.

"Oh..." Namjoon exclaimed, looking at his phone. Hoseok peered at the screen and read along with his friend. Their face lit up at the same time when they finished.

"What?" Yoongi was getting excited too just by watching.

"I have been trying to get sponsors for a long time. Just now, someone texted me saying they'll fund project Phoenix as long as I accept one more model on the team! Wahhhh!! Is this a dream?? Hoseok ah, punch me!"

Hoseok punched Namjoon hard on his chest. Namjoon winced.

They both started cheering again until their voice cracked.

"We have a sponsor now!!"

"Guys," Yoongi waved his hands at them, pleading them to tone it down. "So does that mean the trip will be fully paid for by the sponsor?"

Namjoon nodded too quickly.

Yoongi's lips stretched into a grin, and without much thought, he started cheering too. The other in the coffee shop gave them weird look. But the three of them didn't care.

They were going on a trip and they wouldn't have to pay a penny!

 

-- 

 

The three of them saw each other again on the day of the trip. They had agreed to meet up in front of the campus at 7 am sharp. Hoseok was the first one to arrive, followed by Yoongi whose dorm was just around the corner. They were about to bet whether or not Namjoon would arrive on time when the said subject pulled up in his van at 6:59 am.

"Wheeez! Sorry!" Namjoon ran up to them. "I couldn't find the key."

Hoseok was saying something along the line of insult but Yoongi couldn't pay much attention. His mind was on the familiar figure who just got off the passenger seat. He looked different—good different. His hair was darker, cheeks less round, and he was paler. It seemed he had gotten taller too, and probably more handsome as well. 

But why did Jimin just came out of Namjoons'car?

When Namjoon was done bickering with his friend, he turned to Yoongi. And when he noticed Yoongi's attention was elsewhere, he snapped his fingers.

"Right. I forgot." He gestured at Jimin. "This is Jimin, he's my... He'd be joining us, too."

Another car—a red sports car—pulled up with a screech. The four of them turned to look, only Namjoon wasn't surprised. A tall male exited from the passenger seat and half-ran to where they were. The driver, another tall male with his big sunglasses, took his time.

"Omg, sorry! Were you all waiting long? I'm sorry for being late." The passenger boy was bowing. Namjoon reassured him that it was alright. The diver boy came up and waved, not saying anything.

"Okay," Namjoon breathed. "Hoseok, Yoongi, this is our sponsor. His name is Jeon Jungkook." Namjoon gestured at the driver.

Then, he gestured at the other one. "And this is his model, Kim Taehyung. They'll be joining us on this Creative Content Gathering trip."

Both Hoseok and Yoongi actually wanted to roll their eyes at the sudden name of the trip.

Taehyung grinned at everyone. "Hi! Let's work happily together!"

Hoseok returned an identical grin, obviously, and the two got along in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter