Moments

Start or Finished

(This happened when Jungkook was just getting close to Jimin)

 

I close the door and put the umbrella against the wall, the rain dripping off and onto the floor. I’m too tired to even turn on the lights as I carry my feet with me down the hall. Too exhausted to even take off my shoes.

 

I can hear clinking sounds in the kitchen as I near the living room. When the sofa comes into view I don’t even think twice before falling right on it. My shoes are still on and my feet are hanging off the couch.

 

I hear shuffling as my eyes closes. I can hear a soft voice calling me but I ignore it. I can feel my shoes comes off as someone takes them off. My socks are left on. Out of curiosity I open my eyes.

 

Sitting in front of me on the ground was Jin. Jin’s eyes shone concern as he stared back. I wasn’t feeling very exhausted anymore. I sit up on the sofa rubbing my eyes. “Do you want something to drink?” he asks.

 

I pull Jin off the ground and seated next to me. I rest my head on his shoulder and lean against him. “You always just talk about doing work. Just hang with me,” I tell him. Funny how, I was now fully awake. “Let’s do something fun.” 

 

“Something fun?” I sit up and smiled. I drag Jin with me to the table. I can see a small smile on his face as I seat him across from me. “What do you want to play?” I hear him say as I sit down.

 

“Are you a fan of me?” I ask with a bright smile though I know the answer to it.

 

“Yes...” He looks more curious now.

 

“So I will say things about a character I’ve acted as before and you tell me who it is. Like if I was Jiho from By Me.”

 

“Sure,” he says brightly and even a bit excited. 

 

~~~~

 

“You got all of them.” 

 

“I knew I would,” Jin says confidently.

 

“Let’s go outside.” I stood up. 

 

“Isn’t it cold though?” He was right. It probably would be cold. 

 

“Just wear your jacket.” I head for the door. 

 

I sit right on the edge of the pool dipping my feet in the water. It was nice and relaxing. Jin sat down next to me looking at the water. “You like the pool a lot.” I take a glimpse of him. He turns to me. “You come out here a lot when you’re sad or just when you want loosen up,” he said a bit thoughtfully.

 

Now to think of it, Jin seems to know me a lot. He seems to pay attention a lot too, more than I thought. I glance at him again. He was still looking at the water. I then look down at the water to.

 

Our reflections staring back. My attention went to Jin’s reflection. He looked calm and peaceful. I wish I could be calm and peaceful. It’s been tiring and a little bit stressful lately. 

 

“Do you want to hear a joke?” Jin asks sounding a bit unsure. 

 

“Go ahead.” I wait in anticipation. I never really thought of Jin joking.

 

“Why did the invisible man turn down the job offer?” Jin says faintly. He seems kinda awkward about joking. 

 

“Why?” I ask.

 

“Because he couldn’t see himself doing it.” There was a moment of silence. Then I started chuckling. I soon started laughing. The joke was somewhat funny but the way Jin said it. 

 

I can see Jin’s face lighten. “I’m glad you enjoyed it. It’s nice to see you happy.” I was still calming down as I saw my reflection. I do look better.

 

~~~~

 

I had found my old guitar in my closet so I brought it out for me and Jin to enjoy. We were still sitting outside by the pool. 

 

He started playing it. The tune sounded nice so I did what my instinct told me. I started singing to it. I was making up words as he played. He stopped when I ran out of words.

 

“Your voice is really nice, Jungkook,” Jin compliments me. I can feel myself getting a bit shy. I only sang a little as I was more in acting. 

 

“Thank you,” I manage to say. He started fiddling around with the guitar. “Sing.” He looks up.

 

“Huh?”

 

I lean back. “I want to hear your singing. You must be good.” I want to know how his voice sounded like. He shook his head.

 

“I’m not good at it. Really.” He tries going back to playing the guitar. I really wanted to hear his singing though. I grab the guitar out of his hands. He looks like a kid who’s candy got stolen as I did so. “Jungkook,” he says sighing.

 

“Just sing. I’ll play any song for you.” I started playing this song I knew Jin heard before. He stayed silent for a while. I was going to put the guitar down. But he started singing.

 

It was surely a different style of my singing but it sound wonderful. I guess I tuned out and just listened because I eventually stopped playing which made him stop singing.

 

“It was wonderful, great.” 

 

“Oh...thanks.” He looks down. 

 

After that we played some more tunes then it eventually turned into me rapping. 

 

“As expected of Golden Jungkook.” Jin said to me while clapping. I rub the back of my neck feeling a bit embarrassed but proud of myself.

 

 

Jin’s p.o.v

 

He’s a really admirable person. “I have to go back now,” I tell Jungkook. His face fell and I winced. I should have said it in another way.

 

Jungkook put on a smile, “I can walk you out.” We both stood up. At the gate I turned to look at him. 

 

He turns to me. “Go back safely.” He raise his hand and brings it to my face. Inches away from cupping my cheek. 

 

As if snapping out of whatever thought he was in, he brings it up to the top of my head patting it a bit awkwardly. I felt a bit sadden but quickly pushes it away. 

 

“Sleep well.” I turn and walk off down the street. I soon found myself at ease and even waltzing a bit. 

 

I was even humming too. I stopped as I saw a picture of Jungkook. His hair was brown and he was wearing a black and dark red suit. He was looking away from the camera. Then the picture dissolved and another picture of him came up.

 

This time he was looking straight at the camera. It feels like he was really looking at you. I look away and continue walking. 

 

A small smile resting on my lips from time to time. 

 

———————————————————————————————————————

 

(This is during that one month time skipped)

 

I wipe the counter quietly as Jungkook and Jimin are on the sofa watching a movie, cuddling. As I put the towel back I couldn’t help but look at the two. They look so perfect for each other.

 

Jungkook happens to turn his head as I was staring. I don’t even bother to look away fast knowing he already saw me. I go out of the room and into the bathroom. I close the door meeting the mirror. 

 

I go to the sink and turn on the water. I splash some onto my face taking a tower to wipe my face afterwards.

 

I brush the hair out of my face when I accidentally hit something making it slide off the counter. I bent down to see what it was and to pick it up. On the white tiles was a silver necklace. I pick it up. 

 

There was a locket and a small flower. I feel like I seen this before. I open the locket. 

 

There was a picture of Jungkook. He looked really handsome and charming. I was just looking at it. Snapping out of it I close it and put it back on the counter. 

 

I open the door. Standing there was Jungkook. “Have you seen a silver necklace?” 

 

“I....” I didn’t finish as he saw it on the counter, he went over to it grabbing it. He smiled a bit. I watch him feeling a feeling I couldn’t explain. I leave and walk down the stairs. 

 

Now I remember why it looked so familiar. I saw it on Jimin once. Jimin looked up from the sofa as I came down the stairs.

 

“Are you already leaving?” Jimin asks. His voice sounded really nice. He smiled at me.

 

“Yes.” He stands up and walks towards me. I pressed my lips together as he came closer. He was wearing a turquoise, bluish button up. The first two buttons weren’t button, showing his necklace which had a simple emerald.

 

“Can I ask you something?” Jimin asked. I nod my head. He led the way as he went to the door. I followed him.

 

When we reached the door he turned his head to look back. He then went back to looking at me. His stare was piercing and sharp. He leaned forward and whispered into my ear.

 

“Do you like Jungkook?” I hear him say. I was going to move back but stopped myself. If I did then that would have made Jimin suspicious. Instead I looked at him. 

 

“No, I don’t.” I say calmly. Probably too calmly. Jimin moved back. 

 

He brought a hand up to cover his mouth. “Really?” I nod my head unsurely. He hurriedly opens the door as Jungkook’s footsteps were heard. 

 

I quickly leaves as the door close shut right after me. It was chilly and I regret not having a jacket with me.

 

Why did Jimin-ssi ask me that? Also, he seems a bit strange.

 

———————————————————————————————————————

 (Present)

 

“Jimin, why didn’t you tell me you were leaving?” Jungkook asks into the phone just hearing the news.

 

“Sorry, it was just so urgent,” Jimin apologize. “I’ll get you a souvenir. Promise. I gotta go now. Bye.” Jungkook opens his mouth but couldn’t say anything as the line beeped.

 

He ended the call and pack up his stuff. There was slightly a gray cloud above him. He could have convinced his manager to let him go with Jimin. 

 

He drives down his street almost missing the walking Jin. “Jin!” He looks in his review mirror seeing if it was Seokjin. He almost sighed relieve to be with someone. 

 

He drives backward and rolls down his window. “Jin!” Jin looks at him but continues walking. “Jin!” he tries again.

 

He stops the car when Jin still doesn’t stop. He gets out of his car. Why was Jin ignoring him? Jimin’s gone and now he’s going to be gone. He walks after Jin. “Jin-ah!” He grabs Jin’s arm turning him around.

 

“Let go of me Jungkook.” Jin tries to remove Jungkook’s hand. Jin surprisingly succeeds and runs off. 

 

“W-wait,” Jungkook runs after Jin. Jin doesn’t run far before Jungkook catches up to him. This time he just straight off lifts Jin off the ground. He carries Jin bridal style and into his car. 

 

Jin moves around, struggling in Jungkook’s arms. Jungkook stops and looks at Jin. “Stop moving around or you’ll fall, Seokjin.” Jin stops moving around not just because he doesn’t want to fall but because Jungkook called him Seokjin.

 

He’d never really called Jin, Seokjin. Jin keeps quiet as Jungkook puts him in the passenger seat. “Don’t run off, okay.” Seokjin doesn’t even look at Jungkook as Jungkook goes on the other side to get in.

 

Instead he keeps a stoic face as Jungkook gets seated and starts the car. Seokjin avoids Jungkook’s gaze. ‘What is he doing? Why am I here?’ Jin thinks to himself. After all he was trying to stop his feelings from going any further.

 

They arrived at Jungkook’s house shortly. Seokjin looks out the window. “Jin, Jin.” Jin motionlessly looks at Jungkook. Jungkook waves a hand in front of him. “Sorry....”

 

Jin took a breath. “Why did you bring me here? Importantly, you kind of just kidnapped me.” Jungkook poked his tongue against his inner cheek. He was kinda right. 

 

Jungkook didn’t know what came over him. He sank back into his seat. “I’m bored. Do something with me.” Jin still looked over the window.

 

He thought, ‘When you’re bored, you don’t kidnap people.’

 

He wished Jungkook would leave him alone. The more time they spend together, the deeper his feelings would go. Also, Jungkook is with Jimin already. He also has Jungkook’s baby.

 

He bit his lips and looked back at Jungkook. “What do you want to do?” Jin asked unsurely. 

 

“Let’s go to the beach.”

 

~~~~

 

Jin stood near the water feeling the cool water splash on him at times. Jungkook was crouched down and writing something on the sand. Jin peeked down at what he was writing. ‘JK+JM’. 

 

Of course. He looked around the beach. There weren’t much people and it was quiet except the sounds of the waves. 

 

“Jungkook, I should go home now.” Jungkook stood up as the water washed over the writings. Jungkook looked out at the horizon. 

 

Jin sighed and turn around making his way to the car. Jin was actually hoping Jungkook would follow him. Jungkook still stood looking at the horizon. “Seokjin, do you have anything on your mind?” 

 

‘Yes’ he thought. “No,” he said. 

 

“Really.” Jungkook turned away from the beach making eye contact with Seokjin. 

 

“Well I...” Jin looked away from Jungkook’s gaze. He couldn’t. Not now. Not ever. But he just want something else. He must’ve been quiet for a long time because Jungkook was now in front of him. 

 

‘I must be quiet even if I wish for something else.’ Jin looked back at Jungkook. “Nothing. I’m totally fine.” 

 

 

Author’s Note

 

I just wanted to show some Jinkook moments. Next chapter should be back to everyone in present time. Thank you for reading.