Gone

Start or Finished

Jungkook didn’t have anything to do today. He was just lazing around his house. He kept getting phone calls from Jimin and didn’t answer. 

 

He finally answered after who knows how many missed calls. 

 

“I haven’t heard from you in so long,” he hears Jimin say from the other line. This was just the second day. 

 

“What do you want?” Jungkook says sounding sharper than he usually does.

 

“Jungkook, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for that to happen. This to happen. It was just-“

 

“Taehyung,” Jungkook interrupts. “I know it’s Taehyung. I just saw him yesterday.”

 

There was silence from the other line. “You saw Taehyung yesterday?”

 

“Well he came to see me.” Jungkook could tell that Jimin was probably furrowing his eyebrows.

 

“He kissed me. I didn’t kiss him. I tried to push him away but I couldn’t. Then when I could leave I ran. Believe me Jungkook. Please.”

 

Jungkook was taking it all in. “I will think about it.” He hung up right after that. Should he really help Jimin. Should he believe Jimin. Though painful he tried to find the picture again.

 

There was so many stories that could go with the picture. He turns off his phone remembering Jin. 

 

‘I should go see him’ he thought. 

 

He then drove over to his mom’s house. When he arrived it felt odd. Like something was missing. 

 

He pushed the thought away and enter the house. His mother was sitting on the sofa with a magazine open. ‘Jin must be upstairs’ he thought. “Mom.” Mrs. Jeon looks up from the magazine.

 

“Yes, Jungkook,” she seems calm.

 

“Can I see Seokjin?” Jungkook asks hopefully.

 

“Why do you want to see him?” 

 

“Because I’m worried and I miss him,” Jungkook answers. He feels like his mother is hiding something.

 

“Go back home Jungkook,” his mother says almost sadly looking back down to her magazine.

 

Jungkook was confused. Where was Jin? Is he hiding? He looks towards the stairs that went up to the bedrooms. He looks at his mom who was just focusing on the magazine.

 

‘I have to see him.’ He runs up the stairs and could hear his mom calling after him. “Jin!” He push the door of Jin’s room open. “Seokjin....”

 

The room was clean and empty. The bed nicely made and the desk cleared of all of Jin’s belonging. “No...” he went to the closet and opens it. All the clothes were gone. Completely wiped. 

 

He couldn’t believe it. No. He just found out about his feelings and the baby. Now Jin’s gone. He was shaking his head not believing it.

 

His mother arrives in the room with a concerned face but not surprised. He looks at his mom with tears in his eyes. “Why didn’t you tell me? Were you planing on keeping me in the dark forever?” 

 

He runs a hand through his hair. “Where did he go?” Mrs. Jeon was quiet. “Mom.” 

 

She sighed. “He went back to America.” She was silent as Jungkook took it in. “He thought to tell his family and get them to know.”

 

“He ran away from me.” Jungkook looked out the window. “I’ll have to go after him.” Jungkook moved away from the window and passed his mother exiting the room. 

 

She pulled him back. “Don’t, Jungkook. He left for a reason. Please let him be.” Jungkook pulled away. He heads straight out and leaves as his mom watches him go. 

 

~~~~

 

Jungkook checks himself out. He doesn’t looks bad. He stands up from the chair and walks over to the long mirror. 

 

Brown. Brown hair. He ruffles his hair. Black hair gone. He already misses his black hair but he kinda likes this new hair. New him. He imagines how Jin would react to him dyeing his hair. ‘I miss your black hair but the brown does look really nice’. 

 

The image fades away as he remembers that this was just his imagination and that Jin was already gone. 

 

He looks at the time. He should get going. So he made his way to the meeting place. He arrives at Jimin’s company.

 

When he enters the room he saw Jimin, Yoongi, and his manager. They were sitting around this table. Kyungsoo was the first to notice him. “Jungkook’s here,” he announces as I grab a seat.

 

I sit next to him across from Jimin. His mouth was open as he examined me. “You actually dyed your hair,” Jimin says.

 

“I need to talk to you in private Jimin.” Kyungsoo looks at Yoongi and the two then exit the room. “Lets break up.”

 

Jimin eyes widen. “Why Jungkook? Do you not believe me?” 

 

“I believe you but I don’t think I love you anymore. I’m not even sure I-ever loved you.” Jimin was taking in deep breaths his fist clenching. “But I will stay dating with you for some more time before leaving so things won’t come off as suspicious.”

 

Jimin’s face was facing down towards table. “Is it because of that Jin?” This time it was Jungkook’s eyes that widen. Taking Jungkook’s silence as an answer Jimin stares right into Jungkook. “It is, isn’t it?”

 

“Don’t talk about Jin.”

 

“Why can’t I talk about him? He’s just your house keeper. Or is he something more than that? More than me,” Jimin says like he’s finally clicking. 

 

“I’m leaving.” Jungkook gets up from his seat and walks over to the door. Jimin spins in his chair, gets up and grabs Jungkook’s arm. 

 

“If there’s something you’re hiding please tell me. My feelings for you are still the same,” Jimin says calmly. Jungkook gently removes his arm then pushes the door open, leaving right away.

 

Jimin goes back to the table. Of course he lied. Always now lying. His thoughts goes to Namjoon. He hasn’t seen the man in a while. He wonders how he’s doing. 

 

Yoongi rushes into the room. “What happened?” Yoongi sat down next to Jimin. 

 

Jimin turns to Yoongi with a poker face. “He wants to break up.” 

 

“He wants to break up!” Jimin raised an eyebrow. Yoongi has never really showed any emotions like this. “Why! Why would he?” Yoongi questions in a blabber.

 

“Just let it be. He said he’ll stay with me for some time until this all blow over and no one really cares anymore.” Yoongi rolled his eyes. 

 

~~~~

 

Jimin waits for the right moment before he jumps out of the car and sprints to the house. He knocks on the door and looks around hoping no one would see him. The door opens with a surprised face. “Jimin?” 

 

Jimin peered over his shades. “Can I come in?” he asks with a nervous smile. Namjoon nods and opens the door wider for Jimin to come in. 

 

After closing the door, Namjoon spoke. “Is everything okay?” Namjoon sat down across Jimin with a concern face. “I know about the scandal.” Jimin winced. Of course everyone knew about it.

 

“Everything’s fine...I guess. I just haven’t seen you for awhile...” Jimin looks directly at Namjoon. After a moment of eye contact, Namjoon clears his throat and looks away. Jimin looks away too. 

 

‘I need to tell him. I’m pretty sure I’m correct. I have to stop being like this’ Jimin thought. There was a main reason he came here. His heart was beating. Though it may seem short. He thinks he likes Namjoon. 

 

Since he isn’t sure he thought that he should confess to Namjoon and get rejected before his feelings are more confirm. He needs to only focus on Jungkook. No one else.

 

“Namjoon?” Namjoon hums as a response. “I need to tell you something important.” Saying the word ‘important’ earned Namjoon’s full attention. Jimin took a deep breath and turned his head, avoiding Namjoon’s stare.

 

“I..like you. More than how you should like a friend.” There was silence. Jimin nervously looks at Namjoon. He was still in the same position.

 

“You’re dating Jungkook,” he manages to say.

 

“I know but-“ 

 

“Are you joking?” Jimin stops and was shocked. “If you are, please don’t,” Namjoon says almost sadly. Jimin was surprise. This wasn’t suppose to happen. Namjoon stood up and was walking away.

 

He didn’t know what to do. Namjoon didn’t reject him or accept him. He could almost feel his heart dropping but now it was just there. 

 

“Wait!” Jimin stands up and grabs Namjoon’s arm. “I’m sorry for what I said. I-l thought you were going to reject me but you didn’t and now I’m having mixed feelings. But I wasn’t joking. I really wasn’t. I know I’m dating Jungkook but. I thought my feelings for you would go away if you rejected me. I’m-I’m sorry....” Jimin blabbers.

 

Namjoon’s eyes were wide. Jimin never acted or felt this way before. He was even a bit embarrassed at himself. He loosen his grip on Namjoon’s arm and steps away looking down.

 

Namjoon knew it was wrong. All of this. Since the beginning. Since he became interested in Jimin. The fact that Jimin was already taken. He was never a man to come in between relationships.

 

“Jimin....” Jimin was still staring at the ground. Jimin’s eyes were soon met with Namjoon as Namjoon had lifted his chin up. Namjoon looked down at Jimin’s pink, plump lips. 

 

Jimin hesitantly moves closer and presses his lip onto Namjoon’s. Namjoon was shock and he told himself to push Jimin away but he...couldn’t.

 

Jimin deepens the kiss and Namjoon could help but kiss him back. Namjoon’s hands slides down and wraps around Jimin’s waist. Jimin cups his cheek and their kiss stops.

 

“Jungkook and I are going to break up after my scandal cools down. Tomorrow he’s going to say he was the one kissing me in the picture.” Namjoon nods. 

 

“So if Jungkook wasn’t the one kissing you. Who was?” Namjoon asks. Jimin’s eyes flicker away. 

 

“It was my ex. It’s a long story,” Jimin answers like he wanted to move on from the topic. “Can I stay the night?” 

 

“Sure,” Namjoon says assuring Jimin. 

 

“Thanks.” Jimin smiles a small smile before resting his head on Namjoon’s shoulder. His hands wrapping around Namjoon’s back. 

 

Namjoon’s thoughts were scattering all over the place but he stays quiet and just let the moment happen.

 

———————————————————————————————————————

 

Jungkook sat on his bed looking blankly at the wall. He has been sitting there for half an hour doing nothing. He had told Jimin what he wanted to so that’s that. Yet, Jin is gone.

 

He drags himself downstairs and into the living room. He turns the tv on and starts watching it. It was him on the screen with this actress. 

 

“Stay tune for By Luck,” the actress said. (By Luck is another ff of mine. Please check it out.)

 

The two waves to the camera before the drama started rolling. The first setting was in Jeju on the beach. Jungkook wasn’t paying attention to it much as his mind was on Jin.

 

(Flashback)

 

“My favorite drama is By Luck,” Jin told me.

 

“Why that one?” I ask him. That one was alright in my opinion. I had to act in a way I usually didn’t. I was somewhat sad and heartbroken. I don’t really to act like that.

 

“Because I like the character you played. He was gentle and he...just sees love.” Jin smiled after finishing. I can see him thinking about him right now. It made me want to watch the drama.

 

I never really watch my own dramas. “Do you really like him that much?” Jin seems to wake up from his daydream. “More than me?” 

 

He thought for a while. “Maybe one percent more.” I open my mouth in disbelief. “Just kidding. I like you more.” He laughed a little. I felt a bit fluster as he pushes the laugh away.

 

(Present)

 

I focus back on the screen to see when I meet the lead actor again. I guess I could watch this. Considering Jin like this drama a lot.

 

I bring my chin to down to rest in my hand as I continue watching.

 

———————————————————————————————————————

 

Jin was immerse in his phone as his favorite k-drama was playing. By Luck. He couldn’t help but remember Jungkook. He moves the phone closer to his face as his favorite scene was playing. 

 

He misses Jungkook. He misses Mrs. Jeon’s house. He sighs and his eyes slowly travels away from his phone. 

 

Was there ever a time he felt happy? Yes. Yes there was. When he came to Korea and met Jungkook again. When it was just the two of them in Jungkook’s house. Just the two of them. No Jimin. No one else.

 

Those were memories. He puts the phone away and rest his head on the armrest. His head lifts as the door opens. 

 

The person held bags of groceries. He close the door with his foot and sets the groceries on the table. “I got all the things you asked for.”

 

Jin smiled slightly. “Thank you again Hoseok.”

 

 

Author’s Note

 

By Luck is another Jinkook ff I wrote. It has five parts so it’s shorter than this one. It’s also just Jinkook. No other ships. Check it out. 

 

This chapter is kinda short so sorry. I’ll try to make next chapter longer. Thank you for reading.