Now: Back

Start or Finished

Taehyung leans his head against the window bored. They were going back to Seoul. Their trip in Hua Hin had ended. The staffs were still putting their bags in the car. Hoseok was helping them and Jimin was still doing something. 

 

Once the stuff got ready to go, the people got seated. In the driver seat was Yoongi. In the passenger seat was Jimin. It was odd that he didn’t want to sit next to Jungkook. 

 

The seats behind them were taken by Jungkook and Jin. The seats behind those two were taken by Namjoon, Hoseok and Taehyung. Hoseok sat in the middle. Namjoon sat behind Jungkook. Taehyung sat behind Jin.

 

No one noticed except Jin that Jungkook was acting a bit strange. He sat far away from Jin inching close to the window. Seokjin had a dejected look. He thinks he knows the reason Jungkook is acting like so.

 

They drove with Jimin and Yoongi talking. The others were quiet. Only at times did Jungkook talked.

 

Before long they arrived at the airport. The stars and staffs got in the plane. Seokjin sat with Hoseok. Jungkook sat with Taehyung. Jimin sat with Yoongi. Namjoon sat with a staff. 

 

When they got settled Hoseok went to Taehyung and gave him a drink he bought earlier. Taehyung takes it without much thought. Hoseok said bye to Jungkook and left. The plane started. 

 

Jungkook looks out the window then his eyes wander to the drink. ‘I just want to turn him around so he can see me but I can’t cause I know he doesn’t love me.’ ‘Don’t you mean didn’t love you.’ ‘Uh, yeah didn’t.’ Jungkook recalled his conversation with Hoseok yesterday.

 

 

Jungkook’s p.o.v

 

Could it be? I glance at Taehyung. He was doing a word search while sipping the drink carelessly. “What?” he ask then put his drink down and turn his attention to me.

 

“Nothing. It’s just you seem more than a friend to Jimin,” I state.

 

Giving a hard look he speaks, “It seems you notice.” He grabs the drink and take a sip. “Jimin wouldn’t want me to say this so it’s either you listen and keep your mouth shut or you don’t listen at all.”

 

He stares at me with eyes that came off intimidating. Without saying a word I tap my ear. 

 

Jimin couldn’t possibly see us from where he was. “Jiminie and I were past lovers.” I wasn’t that shock at what he said. “I wanted him back so I chased you knowing he liked you. Then I decided that if he really did still care for me he’d come to me. He didn’t of course. I’m just here coincidentally.” 

 

I had a feeling there was more to that but it did sound like the whole case just summed up. He must not know of Hoseok’s feelings. Even though I just talked with him yesterday it does make some sense.

 

Like when we were eating breakfast, Hoseok kept his eyes near the direction of Taehyung. They were together most of the time though Taehyung might just see them as friends. Unlike Jimin who shows his want to be with me, Hoseok just quietly ends up with Taehyung.

 

“You know,” I started. “I’m saying this as a friend not as a jealous boyfriend. You should look around you. I’m sure there is someone who likes you especially the way you are, not just your face but just you.” I waited for his reaction.

 

“You sound like you walked right out of a movie,” Taehyung says un-enthusiastically. “What’s up with you anyway?”

 

“Not, Nothing,” I say trying to sound normal. Guess nothing will break his shell. 

 

He goes back to his word search. I take out my phone to see what’s new. An article titles ‘Who’s going to the JFS award show.’ The picture had me, Jimin, and this other actress.

 

JFS stands for Just For Stars. I knew I was going. I got the invite the day before coming to Hua Hin. JFS happened once each year. There were awards like Artist of the Year, Drama of the year, Song of the year, OST of the year, etc. The one that meant a lot to us actors was of course Actor of the year. There was also Actress of the Year.

 

I’ve been winning Actor of the year for the last two years. The award show wasn’t going to happen until much later though. 

 

I just skip the article and continue scrolling. I had on earplugs and wasn’t paying attention to Taehyung. 

 

~~~~

 

We were going to land soon so I thought to wake Taehyung up who had fell asleep. “Taehyung, you should wake up. We’re landing soon,” I whisper shaking his arm. He mumbles something. 

 

“Taehyung,” I whisper again. 

 

“Don’t worry. He deserves it. He doesn’t even like him,” Taehyung mumbles. Then his eyes shot open. He moves his arm away from me. “What are you doing?”

 

“Just waking you up. We’re landing soon.” I put my earplugs back in. I’m glad I don’t sleep talk or sleep walk. 

 

 

Hoseok’s p.o.v

 

We all got off the plane and was looking for something to eat. “We should all just go our own ways,” Jimin suggests while wrapping his arm around Jungkook’s. 

 

“But isn’t it easier if we just eat together so when we ride the same car back-“ Jin got interrupted by Jungkook.

 

“I like Jimin’s idea.”

 

“I don’t know bout you guys but Yoongi will just take me and Jungkook home,” Jimin tells us.

 

“Sure,” Taehyung says. “Sounds good.” 

 

Yoongi, Jungkook, and Jimin walked the opposite direction. The staffs still offered us rides home but Taehyung said he had someone bring his car here and he can drop us off.

 

With that we went to eat at a hamburger place. Taehyung ordered while we waited.

 

“Why didn’t you go with them considering you’re Jungkook’s.  .  .assistant,” Namjoon asked Jin.

 

“Jungkook doesn’t want to make Jimin think otherwise. But I think it’s good to be with you guys,” Jin answered. 

 

“I’ll go help Tae bring the food,” I stood up and went to Taehyung. I grabbed the drinks while he grabbed the tray with our food. “Did anything happen with you and Jungkook? You didn’t tell him right,” I ask casually.

 

“Well I did tell him about Jimin and I. Nothing much though just that we were past lovers and I chased him wanting him back,” he cringed at his self. I laughed. He was cute when he was shy. Sadly, he didn’t show that side a lot. “But, he said this weird thing.”

 

We arrived at the table and set the food down. “What weird thing?” I ask.

 

“Cheesy thing like he was trying to be my friend. Something like someone might like me that isn’t Jimin,” he scoff. 

 

I laugh a little too but then I stop. Something like someone might like him that isn’t Jimin. Does Jungkook know?

 

“Hoseok, what are you still doing standing? Sit down,” Jin said as he pulled out a chair for me.

 

I sat down and ate quietly as the other three chat. If Jungkook tell someone especially Jimin then that wouldn’t be good.

 

~~~~

 

We drop Jin off first then Namjoon. “Hoseok, are you okay?” 

 

“Uh-yeah,” I say knowing that I don’t feel fine.

 

“If you want you can sleep at my house tonight,” Taehyung says, his eyes still on the road.

 

“Sure, if you’re fine with it.” 

 

“Good. I’m fine with it.” Taehyung smiles at me then the smile disappear as soon as it came and his eyes went back to the road.

 

I felt a bit sad at the lost of attention then lecture myself for being like so. I really do need to stop liking and caring for Taehyung when I know he sees me differently. 

 

We soon arrived at Taehyung’s house. I get both our luggages and plan to bring it inside. “Wait, I’ll do it.” Taehyung throws me his keys and grab the luggages out of my hand. “You open the door.”

 

I open the door while he got our stuff. I turn on the lights and make my way to the living room. There were pictures of Taehyung and his family hanging on the walls like usual.

 

Taehyung was a family person. I notice a picture on the coffee table that wats faced down. Curiously I lift it back up. It was a picture of him and Jimin. They were at the Namsan Seoul Tower. I recognize the view it gives.

 

Taehyung looked so happy and soft. Jimin was looked so different. He had big cheeks and smile a smile I never saw him smile before. A special smile. 

 

I notice something else on the table. It was faced down. I pick it up and look at it. It was a picture of Jungkook and Jimin at a restaurant. It looked like it was taken secretly.

 

“What are you doing?” Taehyung’s sharp voice ask. I don’t bother to hide the photo knowing he stood there long enough. He sees the picture I’m holding. He walks closer to me and take the photo out of my hand. “Oh, this. I took it when I found out about their secret relationship. I planned to sell them out to the public before they could.”

 

He sits down on the sofa and stares at it thoughtfully. “But you didn’t.” I follow him and sit down next to him. “Why? You had all the possible roots, didn’t you.”

 

“I didn’t.” 

 

“You did,” I say knowing he did. A moment of silence fills the room.

 

“I did,” he admits with a shaky voice and drops the picture. “I did.” He looks at me with watery eyes then pull me into an embrace. Once again I felt Taehyung’s tears on my shoulder like on the bridge. 

 

This time I knew more of how he felt and understood him more. 

 

 

Third person’s p.o.v

 

Jin took out his luggage and said bye to Namjoon, Taehyung, and Hoseok. He also thanked them for dropping him home. The lights were on which meant Jungkook probably already came home.

 

Jin reaches the door and takes out his keys. Taehyung dropped him off at the back of the house. Opening the back door he slowly entered. He didn’t see Jungkook anywhere. *ring* *ring*

 

The phone rings. Jin picks it up. “Hello.” It was Jungkook’s mom. “Yes, we came home not too long ago. Yes, I will go to your house. Bye.” 

 

Jungkook’s mom wanted him to go sleep at her house and in his room over there. Jin decided to tell Jungkook first before leaving. Yet, he didn’t know where he was. He heard a noise outside in the front.

 

“Jungkook?” Jin walks out to the front yard. Sure enough Jungkook was sitting by the pool DRINKING.

 

“Jungkook!” Jin exclaims. He goes to Jungkook and take away the cup and the bottle of beer. “What are you doing?”

 

Jungkook tries to grab the cup and bottle. “Leave me alone,” he says coldly.

 

“No,” Jin says putting the cup and bottle aside. “Why are you like this? You never drink.” Jungkook didn’t answer him and just pouts. His face was a light shade of pink. Jin scoots closer smelling him. “How long have you been drinking?” 

 

Jungkook blabbers something and leans against Jin. To support the extra weight Jin holds Jungkook in an almost back hug way. The grass was not wet but a little damp. Jin feels Jungkook’s body.

 

It was so hot. “Jungkook you should get inside,” Jin suggests worriedly. 

 

“No! I don’t want to!” Jungkook stubbornly says and snuggles deeper into Jin. 

 

“Jungkook,” Jin say. 

 

Jungkook looks up at him tiredly. “He doesn’t love me, Jin. He loves someone else. I don’t want to believe,” Jungkook says hazily. 

 

“Who?” Jin asked cupping his cheek. It was hot also. 

 

“Jimin. He still loves Taehyung and maybe even someone else,” Jungkook broke down crying. 

 

“I’m here for you Jungkook,” Jin told him though he knew Jungkook may not remember.

 

“You are.” Jungkook out after saying that. Jin put his hand on Jungkook’s forehead, the temperature was calming down.

 

Slowly and steadily he wraps an arm around Jungkook’s waist and an arm of Jungkook around his neck. He carefully makes his way inside and up the stairs. By the time they reached Jungkook’s room he was panting. Jungkook worked out a lot.

 

He lays Jungkook in the bed making sure he is comfortable. Then he goes grabs a wet towel to wipe his body. 

 

Jin wipes his face first admiring each and every detail. He takes off Jungkook’s shirt to wipe there. He remembered when he saw Jungkook shirtless in black trunks. When they played together in the pool. 

 

His face reddens at the memory. He wipes his chest trying not to wake him up. He only bothered to do the top half. He put the towel in the bowl of water and was about to leave when Jungkook grabs his wrist. 

 

He tries desperately to pry off Jungkook’s hand but to no avail. Jungkook opens his eyes, “Jimin is that you.”

 

“It’s Jin,” Jin says still trying to pry off the hand. He successfully does as Jungkook sits up. Before he can escape Jungkook pulls him down to sit on the bed.

 

“Jimin, you came back. Tell me you still love me. Remember the timberlands you gave me. I still have them.”

 

Jin sits there kind of sad. He never saw Jungkook in this state. He was either somewhat mean or playful. But not this. You can say love makes you do stupid things.

 

Jungkook scoots closer to Jin and takes his hands up to cup both of Seokjin’s cheeks. Jin pushes him away. “Jungkook you’re not thinking right. I have to go.” Jin pushes him away and gets up again.

 

Jungkook harshly grab Jin’s wrist and pull him back down. “Jimin, don’t leave me. Please.” Jungkook comes closer to Jin as he squirms and tries to break free. Seokjin stops as Jungkook had place his lips on Jin’s. 

 

Jin just sits there. Jungkook moves away. “I love you Jimin.” He pins Jin down on the bed and kisses him once again.

 

Jin fights against Jungkook. “I’m not Jimin, Jungkook!” Jungkook doesn’t listen and continues doing what he does. 

 

Soon Jin gets tired and let Jungkook do what he was doing. “I’m not Jimin. I’m Jin, Seokjin,” he quietly says though he knows Jungkook doesn’t hear him. 

 

Jungkook places a gentle kiss on his lips. “Kiss me Jimin.” A tear escapes his eye but he kisses back anyways doing what his heart wants.