The Truth?!

Royal Traditions, Skirts, and Unknown Love

"He's lost most of his memory. He'll have to be hospitalized for a few months before he can function normally again. Afterwards, he needs someone to lead him through this. He had gotten a broken rib, a damaged lung, and his legs were broken. It's severe but he lived. They'll heal overtime." the doctor explained. Taemin's mother covered in relief. His father just stood there. Jinki and Kibum tried to peek through the glass window on the door without getting caught. They whined as a nurse pulled them by the wrists and kicked them out since they weren't allowed in.

"Have you seen Minho, Key?" Jinki asked, plopping his on a bench.

"I dunno... He looked so traumatized then ran away. He wasn't even crying. Just traumatized," Kibum replied, staring at the cars rushing by. He looked around and sighed. "I haven't seen Jjong hyung today... Where is he?"

Jinki sighed sadly. He replied, "We could go to your house then go to his. He lives across the street from you anyway."

"Okay. See you, hyung. I'll be sure to bring Jjong hyung and come over with chicken. My parents might learn some news about Taemin ah," Kibum hugged Jinki and walked off with a goodbye.

The next day, Jinki was surprised to see Jonghyun and Kibum grinning at the other side of his open door. His adoptive parents weren't home and the close pair took it as a chance to come over. Jinki felt a string of drool going down his face once he noticed Kibum was holding a bucket of chicken.

"Taemin's transferring to Europe," Jonghyun suddenly said in the midst of the variety show they were watching.

"What?" Both Jinki and Kibum dropped their drumstick.

"My family is close friends with Taemin's. I came over since his family invited mine to visit Taemin. His dad was talking on and on about Onew hyung's influence on Taemin. From afar, Taemin seemed so sad and clueless about everything. There were a lot of wires on him. So I wasn't allowed to talk to him."

Kibum started to shake Jonghyun violently, nagging about how he didn't tell him sooner. Jinki smiled awkwardly but felt like his heart will break. Guess he couldn't tell him anyway.


~ o n e w ~

I smiled softly at the cold snowy sky, burying my face in my scarf. It was the first snow of the year. I had a bucket of chicken in hand and a drumstick in the other. I waited for the others to finish getting their food, well, Taemin was the only other one who was hungry so Minho and Jonghyun went with him. Kibum waited patiently for the others but smiled at me. He rubbed his hands together to form heat, breathing warm air on them. I munched on my drumstick happily. He looked at me and pointed at me. He always acts kinda funny when he's outside in the cold.

"Hyung, I bet I'm prettier and funnier than you," He exclaimed.

I laughed, "Psh. You're just jealous because you don't get to have some of this warm delicious chicken," I waved my drumstick in front of his face then took a quick bite out of it. He tugged at my long hair. I really needed a haircut.

"Give me some."

"No."

"Yah!"

"I said no- ouch! Where do you get all these magazines?!"

"I'm an expert when it comes to fashion."

"You're also an expert at harming other peopl- OW!"

"What did you say?"

I held up my hands in defense. "YAH! Don't hit me!"

"Hyung~~~~~!" I heard Taemin call in the distance.

Taemin cheerfully had a crepe in hand, crumbs and chocolate all over his mouth. Guess our parents never really taught him how to eat desserts properly. Minho and Jonghyun trailed along, their hands shoved into their pockets. I waved happily at them as Taemin took another bite of his crepe.

"Finally? What took you guys so long?" Kibum asked.

"Blame Jinki hyung~"

"No, Taemin ah. I got my chicken before you."

"So you got a bucket of chicken while I got only one crepe? Unbelievable."

Taemin faced Minho and smiled. He held up the crepe to his mouth. "Hey Minho hyung~ Try some," Minho just stared at him with adoration-filled looks while smiling. Tch. That pabo who obviously loves my dongsaeng but doesn't want to say it. Jonghyun glared at Taemin and shook his head, grabbing Taemin's chin.

"Yah~ can't you eat properly, Taem? You got crepe all over your face. Lemme wipe it off for you," Jonghyun lifted his hand. Taemin blinked, just standing there. Suddenly, Minho grabbed his wrist and looked at him with a deadly flaming glare. It wasn't even a glare. Just a blank stare that probably just bore into Jonghyun's soul. But it scared me.

"Let me do it," If looks could kill, Minho murdered Jonghyun. Jonghyun trembled and just backed away.

Minho dragged Taemin away behind everyone else. I was so sure that he'd it off or something. To my surprise, he didn't. He just wiped it off with his own hand. Taemin caught up with us. Aha. Minho just his own hand. What a love-struck person. He walked over to Taemin's side and they casually conversed. It was like they were in their own world and they didn't even know it.

Jonghyun crossed his arms and complained, "Sheesh, does he think I'm a ert?"

"I don't trust Minho. Something's sneaky about him."

I ignored it. I just want my chicken.

---

~ m i n h o ~

I shoved my hands in my pockets as I half-listened to Taemin wanting us to see a movie together as friends. I nearly opened my mouth to imply it as a date but I kept quiet. Dang, why do feminine people act so differently under the cold? Maybe it's just Key and Taemin. Or just Key. Maybe Taemin's starting to not dislike me? I'd like that for once. I suddenly felt someone grabbing onto my hand. I turned to Taemin who was pouting at me.

"Yah~ Are you listening to me, hyung?" He asked.

"Oh, mianhe, Taemin ah," I snap out of it. 

"So, how about that movie then? We could rent some and watch them at your house. That would seem nice."

"Yeah, it would. It would get you away from your dad too."

"Mmm, yeah. That too. Don't worry. I'll buy snacks and drinks for us. Is tomorrow night okay?"

"Ahh, yeah-" I paused and jerked my head at what I saw in the corner of my eye. Someone quickly hid behind a tree, a familiar strand of black hair blowing in the cold winter air. Tch. Yuri. She went through to the extent of stalking Taemin and I. I half-expected for her to hire people to do that for her. I instantly grabbed Taemin's hand and dragged him forward. 

"H-Hey! Hyung, what are you doing?!" Taemin complained.

"Yuri's stalking me again."

"N-Noona?!"

"Shut up. You don't want her to find out you're actually a guy," I explained in a hushed voice. Once I said that, Taemin kept quiet but silently complained that I was holding his hand too hard. Where can I buy women's clothing around here? Ah, a department store is around the corner. Taemin's whining and protesting is giving me a headache, really.  

I dragged Taemin inside and quickly grabbed some clothes, making sure it was Taemin's size. I paid for all of them at the nearby counter and rushed back to Taemin. Kibum's lectures on my fashion sense really paid off. I shoved the clothes into his arms. "Hurry up. Yuri's about to catch up with us. I already paid."

"Yah. You-" Taemin paused and turned around, his back facing me, "Never mind." 

"Pabo. Just hurry up."

"Minho hyung?" Taemin turned his head back to me.

"Bwoyo?"

"Thank you," His voice was almost a whisper. 

"Hurry up, crossdresser."

Taemin's cheeks turned a bit pink at my sudden remark and rushed into the women's dressing room. I wonder how he doesn't get caught. I watched as Yuri came up to me, panting. She rested her hands on her knees and tried to keep her breath steady. She looked around and faced me.

"Eh? Where's-"

"Minho oppa~! I love what you picked out for me~!" Taemin had a bright (fake) smile on his face as his head popped out the dressing rooms' entrance. He had his traditional ponytail, I swear it switches his personalities, on. I had no idea how he got a hair elastic. He wore the white turtleneck dress, black leggings, and black Ugg boots under the coat, hat, and gloves he was wearing. The clothes he was wearing before was probably in the plastic bag he was holding. Kibum would be so proud of me right now. He wrapped his arms around one of mine. "Oh! Yuri unnie~"

"T-Taeyeon?! But you were- You called him hyung- Different voice-"

"It's not nice to spy on a couple, unnie. I was practicing on oppa to see if I could easily get a boy's role in any musical. It's so realistic right?" Taemin said the last sentence in his real voice. 
 
Yuri stammered incoherent words as she pointed at us. "You... you!" I managed to make of her gibberish. Taemin pulled me out of the store away from her, but still kept his arms around mine. We laughed as soon as we got out. 

"That was fun. Thanks a lot, Minho. Well, I'll see you tomorrow. Bye hyung," Taemin pecked me on the cheek and walked away from me. 

My cheeks flushed dark red. This boy is driving me crazy with his teasing. And him being oblivious to it just makes it worse. I don't know what this feeling is but I just know...

that I'm falling for him more.

---

~ t a e m i n ~

I nearly skipped down the snow-covered sidewalk. It was the first snow of Seoul this year which excited me. Minho had texted me that I could hang at his house before we watch a movie. So here I am, skipping, oh goodness I really am skipping, to Minho's house with a bag of snacks and soda in one hand and a Styrofoam cup of hot chocolate in another. The female servants helped me bake some sweets for us. I hope Minho doesn't hate sweets. Damn, I'm starting to like Minho.

I felt sleepy under the steel-colored sky. It's such a cozy atmosphere when it snows so lightly. I swallowed a mouthful of yarn from my scarf, warming up half of my face.

"Ah~! The snowy winter feels so nice~!" I said to myself, but earned weird stares from other people. Hmph. They're just not into the spirit of winter. 

"I'm serious, Onew hyung. Tell him now," I heard a familiar voice from afar. I turn to the source of the voice. Ah, it's Kibum umma and Jinki hyung. Why is Kibum calling Jinki Onew? A faint memory flashed through my mind. I tried my best to hear the entire conversation, hiding behind a pole. My head peeked out.

"I can't. It's too hard."

"I'll make you go into a chicken hiatus. Oh, and not let you go on that date with that girl... Oh, I forgot... Park Sunjung. I still can't believe you actually gave her a chance."

"She's cute. She's into business, like me. She works part-time at a chicken restaurant. How can I not like her?" Eh? Jinki hyung likes Park Sunjung noona? I never would've guessed.

"Anyways, you should tell him."



"Again, it's not easy, Kibum. What would happen if I told Taemin I was his biological older brother? It would be mind-blowing really. He would be ashamed of me."

My breath hitched and I dropped my hot chocolate. All the puzzle pieces started to be put together. Onew. Biological brother. Onew. Onew. Hyung. I can't believe it. Memories flashed through my mind. When he played with me, when he got kicked out of the house, when he got disowned. My hatred for my father started to form. I felt something warm and wet go down my cheek. I didn't realize I was crying. Jinki... he's Onew. He's Onyu hyung. 

I didn't know what got over me but I walked over to them. My hands trembled.

"T-Taemin ah..." Onew hyung whispered. Kibum umma bulged his eyes at me.

"Jinki hyung... why didn't you tell me you're Onyu hyung?"