Better Than Expected...

Royal Traditions, Skirts, and Unknown Love

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh~ So warm~" Onew exclaimed as he, Minho, Key, and Jonghyun sat on the carpet of Key's living room, their lower bodies under the warmth of a kotatsu, a heating blanket Key's family imported from Japan. They laid their heads on the table attached it. Tangerine peels littered all over the table around an empty bowl. The only things they could hear as they stayed silent were their maknae Taemin's sweet-sounding humming and a soft buzz from the blender.

 

"This is almost better than . Ahhh, I love you even more for this, Bummie," Jonghyun moaned softly. Minho turned his resting head to Jonghyun and raised an eyebrow. 

 

Key would've flipped his hair dramatically if there wasn't the warmth of the kotatsu spreading everywhere on his body and seeping through his toes. "As if you couldn't love me anymore, yeobo~"

 

"Minho-hyung~~ Key-umma~ Jonghyun-hyung~ Onew-hyung~! I made my famous banana milksha-" Taemin froze in his steps as he stared at his four hyungs. He shook his head disapporivingly while clicking his tongue. He set down the platter of glasses on the kotatsu's table. All four of them sat up and grabbed a glass. "Seriously? This is what you guys were doing when I was working my off to refresh you?"

 

"You didn't work your off, Taemin-ah. You probably just blended banana milk with even more milk plus honey." Key stared at the glass.

 

"No! I blended with real bananas! Don't judge it like how I cook my ramen!" 

 

"..." The four of them just stared at Taemin, hesitantly. Just yesterday, they met up at Jonghyun's house and let Taemin cook. Unfortunately, Taemin includes honey, milk, and lots of salt in ramen. They even swore he put in a bit of banana milk too. Ever since then, they were picky on whether or not to let Taemin in the kitchen ever again.

 

Taemin pouted, frustrated that his friends wouldn't try it. "Just try it! It won't kill you! I tasted it and it tasted great!"

 

"The ramen nearly killed us," Jonghyun murmured. That was a bad choice, for Taemin was hovering over him with an evil glare on his face.

 

"You want me to kill you instead?" Taemin threatened. 

 

"We'll drink it," The four announced. Taemin went back to his usual happy-go-lucky face and went over to sit next to Minho under the kotatsu, sipping his own share happily. Minho patted Taemin on the head a few times, as if to tame him. They never even knew Taemin had a violent side like this until Jonghyun had opened his big mouth (in contrast to his dwarf-like height; A/N: ogod why am i so mean to jjong) and told off at Taemin for accidentally spilling milk on one of his sheet music pieces. 

 

"Come on, Jonghyun. Drink it. You're the person who made him the most mad." Onew pointed at him.

 

"But Minho is his boyfriend!" Jonghyun retorted. 

 

"Come on. Taemin's looking at you. ... Actually, both of them are staring at you. Glaring really. Erm. Intently actually." Onew shriveled under the kotatsu as he felt his younger brother's and his boyfriend's sharing Minho's flaming glare.

 

"Fine." Jonghyun grabbed the straw and took a shy sip. He widened his eyes and sipped more. "This is good!"

 

"Huh?!" The other three shouted. Taemin went back to drinking his and murmured an "I told you so". The five drank it together and smiled. 

 

"This is good, Taemin-ah. And for some reason, every time I take a sip, it makes me even happier." Minho smiled at Taemin while the maknae smiled back. 

 

"Anyways! I have an idea other than to just lay around in this.... whatever the heck this is..." Taemin stared at the kotatsu. "Let's go to my family's outdoor bath~!"

 

"Outdoor bath?" Key blinked and grinned. "Omo! That sounds nice!"

 

"It is! It is! Much warmer than this... I'm sorry, I haven't the slightest what it is." Taemin rubbed his chin. "Err, sorry about my last sentence. I get incoherant when I speak sometimes. Great, I did it again. It's weird. But anyways... We could all go!..... Except for Onew-hyung."

 

"What?! Why not?!" Onew was shocked.

 

"You're not going to leave Sunjung-noona alone, aren't you? Stop hanging out with us gay guys. It might influence you in the future.... or something like that."

 

"I'm bi though."

 

"That doesn't count! Now, go outside and go over to Sunjung's house. If I see you anywhere else, I'm going to punish you." Taemin got up and went over to the door.

 

", I like it."

 

"Eww! ! Gogogo!" Taemin threw Onew's jacket and scarf at him.

 

"Whatever. Bye guys. I promise to bring you guys back chicken when we're done." Onew pulled the jacket on and wrapped the scarf around his neck, waving goodbye as he stepped into his boots.

 

"Please don't," The four dongsaengs said in unison.

 

---

 

Taemin jumped around off and on the stone path to the bathhouse excitedly. But he wasn't himself like he usually is when they go out. He was Taeyeon at the moment, with his usual ponytail (with a complimentary pink ribbon tied around it, "It's getting much longer! You need to tighten it more!" thanks to Key) and a pink lace dress along with white leggings and pink flats under a white fleece jacket, pink striped scarf, and pink earmuffs. "I've never worn this much pink. I feel like my cousin, Sungmin," Taemin joked when Key insisted on picking his clothing for today. He had to dress as Taeyeon because he was on his family's territory and the rules were that Lee boys following the tradition must wear girl's clothing whenever on Lee territory. He held a bottle of strawberry milk in one hand.

 

Minho, Jonghyun, and Key trailed along, watching the crossdressed boy prance. Jonghyun nudged Minho in the side, or at least tried to and hit his hip instead, considering the dwarf he is compared to Minho. But Minho still understood the gesture and went over to Taemin, slipping his fingers through his and intertwining them.

 

"Taeyeonnie, you need to settle down a bit. You've been here before, haven't you?" Minho asked in a way to distract him.

 

"Onsen~ Onsen~ Oh? Ne... But I haven't been here for a long time! Even though my family owns this outdoor bath, I don't get to go here as often- Wait, where's Jonghyun-appa and Key-umma?" Taemin asked in his girl voice, looking around while sipping his strawberry milk. He turned to face the door and saw Jonghyun and Key sneaking inside without them. 

 

"Yah! Jonghyun-appa, Key-umma, you're not going to have before we bathe first!" 

 

"It's alright, Taeyeon-ah. We're bound to be in separate baths, anyways. So, it's better for them to do it in the room than do it in the bath. You wouldn't want the bath water to get dirty," Minho suggested.

 

Taemin pouted and squeezed Minho's hand. "I demand compensation afterwards." He gasped as Minho suddenly grabbed his chin to face him.

 

"Oh, trust me. I'll pay for it and more." Minho smirked and let go of his chin. Taemin's face reddened as he covered half his face with his free hand, a habit he does when he blushes. He tried to keep up when Minho went forward as if he didn't say anything.

 

What am I getting so flustered about? 

 

---

Sorry for the very late update! At least I'm back. D:

 

You readers forgive me, right?

 

Sorry if it's short. I promise I'll try to write another one.