Truths Revealed

Royal Traditions, Skirts, and Unknown Love

Taemin trembled, unknowing if it was because of the snow or the truth about Jinki. The hot chocolate in his hands was long dropped onto the ground, staining the white sidewalk. There was full-on tension and silence between the three. Kibum glared at Jinki, smacking his arm toget his attention. But Jinki cowardly stared at the tear-stained face of the maknae. Taemin forgot all about his meeting with Minho and kept his full attention on the older boy in front of him. 

 
"Jinki hyung. Jinki hyung.... No... Onew hyung... Onew hyung... please explain," Taemin pleaded but Jinki just kept quiet.
 
"I told you talking about it in public is a stupid idea," Kibum retorted at Jinki.
 
"Kibum umma... You even knew? You didn't even tell me?" 
 
"I.... Taemin ah...." Kibum reached out to lend a comforting hand but Taemin just slapped it away.
 
"Don't touch me," Taemin glared at Kibum, "You guys hid this from me."
 
"It was for a good cause..." Jinki whispered.
 
"Good cause? Hyung, you know how lonely I felt when I grew up? The longing I had for a brother I forgot I had? There are still memories that I haven't even known yet, hyung. Because nobody was there to tell me. You could've came back, hyung. But, no, umma died because of you!" Taemin yelled the last sentence as tears continued to pour down his cheeks. Jinki flinched, deeply affected by that statement.
 
"W-What?"
 
"Umma died in Europe years ago. A year after I lost my memories... A year after I lost you," Taemin croaked out.
 
"T-Taemin..."
 
"That's why appa's only here but he doesn't even care about me. He only checks up on me to see if I'm being successful. I never experience love a parent gives anymore."
 
"H-How did umma-"
 
"Her heart, Onew hyung... H-Her heart got weak...  because you left us. Then she was gravely ill because of it... I visited her everyday but it didn't help her... She had a sudden heart attack at the hospital and her heart stopped. T-That was the last day I saw her. Y-You know that affects a child, having no memories but his name and his destined hobby, only to watch his mother die in front of him?"
 
Jinki was silent.
 
"Very deeply, hyung. I dance like it's walking to me because I thought umma would be proud of me up there. I can't forgive you, hyung. You broke my promise. You said you'd tell me you were Onew hyung once you came back."
 
Jinki extended his arms to give Taemin a comforting hug but Taemin just backed away.
 
"Go away. I hate you." Taemin ran off.
 
"Taemin..."
 
---
 
Minho sighed, looking at his watch. He wondered where Taemin has gone off to. "He would never be this late... I wonder what happened to him." Deeply worried, he looked all around where Taemin must be. He even checked at the main house, where he was rudely pushed out. Sighing, he nearly gave up and thought that Taemin must've ditched him. Until the person he was looking for was just a few feet away.
 
Taemin was looking down at the ground, sitting a swing. He kicked the snow solemnly. His face was tear-stained, and his whole body was trembling. A plastic bag sat lonely beside him. Minho couldn't help but feel bad for the boy and sneaked up behind him. He wrapped his arms around the younger's waist and rested his head on the boy's shoulder. Taemin gasped and turned around, his face turning red.
 
"M-Minho hyung? What are you doing here?" Taemin asked, wiping away his tears.
 
"Well, I thought you ditched me and the movie. So I came looking for you. Did something happen?" Minho started wiping the remaining tears.
 
".... No."
 
"Something must've happened."
 
"Aniyo." 
 
"Taemin ah, don't lie to me."
 
"I-I don't want to tell you."
 
"Mmm. Fine then," Minho let go of Taemin and the younger shivered at the lack of warmth. The frog-eyed jock sat on the swing next to him and looked at Taemin. He was still crying.
 
"M-Minho hyung, am I a burden to you?"
 
"What? Of course not."
 
I guess I have to tell him. Taemin thought. His heart was beating faster. He looked into Minho's eyes. "Hyung..."
 
"Yes?"
 
"Well,IreallylikeyoubutI'mtooshytoadmititandIreallywanttogoutwithyousoIdon'thavetokeeponfantasizingaboutuskissing-" Taemin was immediately interrupted as Minho pulled the swing's chain and pulled Taemin closer to him. He crashed their lips together into a sweet yet slightly rough kiss. Taemin froze immediately. Minho parted, thinking Taemin didn't get the message. He placed his lips more gently onto Taemin's as the latter soon succumbed under the unknown sweet feeling he felt. They sat there, tilting their heads as their kiss got deeper. Taemin was the first to part his lips from Minho's.
 

Taemin stared at the young man in front of him, his remaining tears starting to dry before Minho wipes them away for him, and whispered, "Does that.... you know .... really mean...?"

 

"Yes, Taemin ah. I really like you too," Minho proclaimed before leaning his face forward again. They continued to kiss again, liking how each other tastes. They didn't worry about anyone watching. They didn't care that their families were rivals. The only thing that mattered was that they had each other.

 

For the first time in a while, Taemin found pure happiness. At the right timing too.

---

Jinki shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he sat in a table in Starbucks, sitting across from Kibum and Jonghyun. He darted his eyes at anywhere besides those two. The tension between them was too much. Jonghyun his chin curiously as Kibum told his boyfriend what had happened. Jinki mentally groaned and looked away as Jonghyun tried to initialize a makeout session in front of Jinki, but Kibum just pushed him away.

 

"No time for that, yeobo," Kibum whined. Jonghyun pouted.

 

"I guess just saying that in the middle of the streets was stupid," Jinki sat across Kibum and Jonghyun, who were busy thinking. Nobody had to say anything. Key and Jonghyun were already labeled as Taemin's parents. And no, his father didn't count before he's somewhat of a showerbag. Jinki winced early, expecting a painful death from Key's magazine of horror, pages and pages full of fashion and whatnot.

 

There was painful silence before Key and Jonghyun burst out into song, "Whatever he does, it's Onew sangtae~~~~" they sang, hitting the table along with the beat.

 

Jonghyun wiped the tears forming from his laughter and smiled at Jinki. "You're a good guy, hyung. That's what I like about you."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Taemin will get over it. In fact, knowing that frog-eyed jock, Minho's probably comforting him right now. I heard  today would be the day Minho confesses to him."

 

"No way, yeobo. Taemin'll confess first."

 

"Whoa! Taemin likes Minho too?!"

 

"Isn't it obvious? They've shared a kiss before. It's destiny!"

 

"Uhm, when can I be in this conversation?"

 

"... I'm feeling unsure about Minho though. Let's go. He might my Taeminnie," Kibum immediately shot up from his chair and walked towards the exit.

 

"Uhm, Kibummie... Shouldn't we give them some privacy?" Jonghyun followed after.

 

"No. We're going now," Kibum held up his infamous rolled-up magazine and glared at the two. "Unless you want to protest against it and get hurt in the process."

 

Jonghyun and Jinki gulped. They looked at each other, the scared expression obvious in their faces. They quickly tried to catch up with Kibum.

 

---

 

The trio drove towards Minho's house and paused. Jonghyun kept on planting kisses on Kibum to calm him down but Kibum still had that pissed/worried face on. Jinki rolled his eyes at each kiss. He continued to text Sunjung. Where's Sunjung when he needed her? Then Jinki smashed his head into the seat in front of him once Kibum suddenly paused. Note to self: Never let Kibum drive when he's pissed.

 

Kibum strode forward and stopped in front of the main entrance. He took out a spare key and quickly unlocked the door in one swift motion. God damnit, why did Minho give Kibum a spare key. was the only thought rushing through Jjong's and Onew's minds. He ran up the stairs as fast as possible but Jonghyun caught up to him quickly. The raptor tried to prevent the diva from opening the door as the latter put up a fair fight. 

 

Jinki shrugged and casually went up to open the door. His eyes widened like saucers and his face immediately flushed red. Jonghyun and Kibum stopped fighting and looked in the direction where Jinki's eyes were going. They stopped all actions.

 

"Holy ," Jinki cursed.

 

Taemin was underneath Minho, both battling for dominance with only their tongues in each other's mouths. Minho still had his clothes on but Taemin was in nothing but his boxers. Both were already drenched in sweat. Minho had his hand in Taemin's boxers and the sight was something Kibum couldn't handle. Taemin froze once he realized the three was watching him and Minho and blushed dark red.

 

"Uhh... h-hi, hyungs?" Taemin giggled awkwardly. Minho glanced at the three and quickly removed his hand from Taemin's boxers.

 

"Yah! What is this?" Jonghyun tried to erase the sight from his mind. Jinki probably fainted.

 

"Uhm, Minho and I are together now and we're kissing, yippee?"

 

Jonghyun snorted. "That was much more than kissing."

 

"Oh no. Has Jinki hyung fainted?" Minho slightly blushed, staring at the unconscious figure on the floor.



Kibum shook his head fiercely and disapprovingly. "Oh no. Oh no no no no. Taemin, no matter how your teenage hormonal body is, you shall stay away from him," He dragged Taemin away from Minho, even if the maknae was half-.

 

"Ahhhh, yeobo. You're such a diva."

 

"What was that? You want to get none for THREE weeks? And face the wrath of my magazine?"

 

"I'll be quiet."

 

"That's a first," Minho snorted, picking up his shirt.

 

"You shut up, Keroro," Jonghyun retorted. "Or else I'll you two as long as I want to."