Merry Christmas~!

Royal Traditions, Skirts, and Unknown Love

Sunjung walked down the busy streets of Seoul at night, alone. She watched as couples held onto each other, trying to rush towards home to celebrate their Christmas. She sighed, silently cursing at Jinki as she took each step. The roads are nearly empty, since families stayed at home for whatever they're doing for the joyous holiday. Sunjung felt more lonely than before. She blew hot air onto her hands as an attempt to keep warm. Secretly, she wished for Jinki to hold onto her right now.

 

Sunjung felt someone poke her and turned around. A person in a chicken costume smiled at her and waved. His/her face was covered as the hood was lowered to cover his/her eyes. Jinki oppa...? she guessed. The person handed the young woman a fluorescent pearl blue balloon, their smile widening more. As Sunjnug observed close, his/her features were similar to Jinki's... and someone else she couldn't think of.

 

The chicken person waved goodbye frantically and ran off. Sunjung gasped at the sudden action. Gripping onto the string of the balloon tightly, she quickly ran after the chicken person. She rested her hands on her knees as a response to her weak stamina. Panting slightly, she looked up and saw five people dressed in animals. A tiger, a raccoon, the chicken she saw earlier, a frog, and a cow. They were apparently motioning her to pick one to chase after, then ran off. The cow stumbled a bit, having something hidden behind their back, before running off.

 

Sunjung believed the chicken would've been Jinki because 1) their facial features were similar to his and 2) he likes chicken. She tried to improve her stamina by breathing slowly, and ran after the chicken. She heard a somewhat familiar giggle in response from the chicken. That made her question herself if it really was Jinki.

 

"Yah! What on earth are you doing, oppa?! Planning something?" Sunjung tried to question the chicken as they again giggled.

 

"For one thing, I'm not your oppa," the chicken simply replied, in an attempt to sound deep but failed.

 

"Yah, Jinki oppa, don't play with me!"

 

"Haven't I told you I'm not Jinki? You picked the wrong animal, unnie~"

 

"Wait, unnie?!" Sunjung immediately stormed down and grabbed onto the chicken. The latter whined in defeat. The older girl took off the hood, that revealed Taemin, or 'Taeyeon'. "Taeyeon ah?!"

 

"Hi, unnie!" Taemin waved happily and grinned. "You caught me. I'm not Jinki oppa~"

 

"Aish, no wonder. You little dongsaeng of Jinki," Sunjung growled and tugged onto Taemin's ponytail. The crossdresser whined again, adjusting his ponytail.

 

"Well, you have to go on a.... a quest! Yeah, a quest! Like those MMOs we always play together, unnie~ The only thing I'll tell you is that you'll find Jinki and the rest of the animals are boys. Good luck reaching the end of it because I'm not helping you this time. Merry Christmas, Sun-sun unnie~!" Taemin winked and ran off. Sunjung reached out for him and groaned. At the corner of her eye, she spotted the raccoon tripping (or purposely tripping) over air. He nearly dropped the shopping bag in his hands. She turned around, thinking that it must be Jinki.

 

Sunjung quickly returned to her quest and ran after the raccoon. He yelped and quickly ran ahead of her, but his speed wasn't very good. They nearly passed a designer label store with a huge sale advertised on the windows. The raccoon paused and turned to the store, He started to instinctively gush about the sale until Sunjung caught up with him. She grabbed onto her shoulders and turned him around to face her. She knew who this guy was.

 

"Hello, Kibum," Sunjung sarcastically smiled.

 

"Oh, Sunny noona! I thought I would've done good on my part," Kibum pouted.

 

"Obviously not. Luckily this store had a sale," Sunjung clenched her teeth.

 

"Yes!" Kibum took off his hood, his smiling face revealed, "Hi, noona, this task won't be easy."

 

Sunjnug groaned loudly and shook Kibum frantically, "Just tell me where oppa is!"

 

"Can't, noona. Jinki promised me that he would go through a withdrawal of chicken and buy me clothes for this. I can't pass this up and neither could you. He worked hard to make this work, noona. So, good luck, my dear!" Kibum patted Sunjung on the head and handed her the bag before rushing into the store. She opened the bag, shocked to see many clothes inside that Sunjnug had been eyeing. Jinki knew she wanted these clothing.

 

Sunjung sighed. She continued walking until she spotted the tiger eating chicken from the vendor stands that were still open. He gasped at Sunjung's arrival and dropped his chicken. He ran off. She cursed at Jinki again and ran after the tiger.

 

The tiger was singing something as he ran. Sunjung recognized this as her favorite song, the one Jinki would always sing to her when she's nervous or down. But the singing voice was much different from Jinki's. More powerful and stronger in contrast to Jinki's soothing and unique voice. They continued running until the song was over. He stopped in the middle of a park, the park where they had their first date, and their first kiss.

 

The tiger smiled as Sunjung quickly grabbed onto his arm. "You're not Jinki oppa either, are you," she questioned. The tiger shook his head.

 

Sunjung removed his hood, revealing Jonghyun's pouting face. She giggled. "Hi Jonghyun."

 

"Hi noona. Did you like my singing?" Jonghyun bobbed his head back and forth.

 

"It was great, like always," Sunjung smiled.

 

"Good~! Because here," Jonghyun handed her a thin case. It was a CD case. On the CD, was written "Jinki <3s Sunjung". Sunjung observed the small neat hangul written on the CD case in Sharpie, which was obviously written by Jinki.

 

Jungie ah,

I know I made a mistake. And I know in my heart, that you're number one and that I'd put chicken in second for you (which is usually hard for me).

But Jonghyun and I put together this mixed CD for you.

It contains songs, sung by mostly me and some with me and Jonghyun, that I wrote for you and your favorite songs that I covered.

I hope you enjoy it, saranghae. Merry Christmas.

Love,

Lee Jinki

 

Sunjung, touched, covered . Jonghyun bowed and winked at Sunjung.

 

"I hope Jinki takes good care of you, noona. The rest of us will also take good care of you, okay? Noona nomu yeppeo~ Byebye, noona. I need to look over Kibummie now since he tends to lose control when shopping," Jonghyun laughed heartily and ran the path he and Sunjung already ran through.

 

Sunjung watched as a soccer ball rolled past her. She turned to the direction of where it came from and saw the frog awkwardly peeking behind a trash can. He stood up and had a bouquet of flowers on one hand. Lilies. Her favorite flower. He waved his free rog-like hand that covered his own around, and ran. This time, he ran much faster than the others and Sunjung immediately knew it was not Jinki. He wasn't the athletic type and hated running. So he couldn't be running this fast.

 

"Yah. I know you're not Jinki oppa, Minho."

 

"Haha, Jinki and I already knew you would know anyways, noona," Minho stopped and handed Sunjung the bouquet of lilies. Taemin was happily waiting, not too far from them. He was already out of his costume but was wearing girl's clothing so Sunjung wouldn't suspect anything. Yes, she still didn't know.  Minho quickly ran towards him and grabbed onto his hand. Taemin laughed and pulled his boyfriend to wherever they wanted to go.

 

Sunjung watched the couple in envy. She looked around, confused, until she was suddenly pulled into the restaurant next to her. She nearly screamed before someone covered and whispered soothing words to her. She turned to the young man, realizing it was Jinki. He brushed his medium-lengthened brown hair out of his face and smiled. He wore a casual white suit that matched with Sunjung's white dress under her winter coat.

 

"Jinki oppa..." Sunjung whispered.

 

"Hi, Jungie ah..." Jinki grinned and intertwined her hand with his, "Do you forgive me now?"

 

"... No. Shiro," Sunjung pouted. Jinki chuckled and leaned forward, giving a tender yet quick kiss on those pouting lips. The younger girl blushed a bit.

 

"Well, I got us reservations for that restaurant you wanted to go to. Don't worry, I won't order chicken," Jinki laughed at his attempted joke while Sunjung laughed softly, still shocked at the whole thing.

 

"You did all of this just to make me forgive you over some stupid thing?" Sunjung asked as they got a table to sit in. They were sitting in a secluded corner of the restaurant.

 

"Nah. That was just part of it. I had to think of a good Christmas present for you, and you had Key drop off all those things you got me for Christmas this morning. So I had to think of something better," Jinki babbled, "And it's not over yet."

 

"Mmm. Well, this is already being a pretty good Christmas, oppa," Sunjung kissed Jinki sweetly. As they kissed, she felt something go around her neck.

 

It was a half heart pendant with her and Jinki's birthstone, since they both shared the same birth month, that said "Jinki" with a half-heart mark. Jinki grabbed his own that had her name and matched it together with hers.

 

"Merry Christmas, Park Sunjung," Jinki kissed Sunjung again.