Chapter 09

The bold And The beauty

 

Maya had already taken bath and settled into one side of the bed before Jiyong knocked and entered into his old room. He was comparatively more dresses than her, wearing pajama pants and sleeveless t shirt. He seemed more uneasy in his own room than her. Looking at him make him way to only chair in the room infront of his computer and sit awkwardly, brought a smile on Maya s face. 

Giving her a polite smile, he rubbed his hands together as he asked, "Now what?"

"Everyone went to bed?" Maya tried to divert the attention to anywhere than the both of them alone in the room.

"Yea.. I Guess.." replied Jiyong as he scanned his old room, trying to avoid eye contact with his Wife.

"Your manager left?" Continued Maya.

"Hmm.. He will meet me at the venue for the schedule tomorrow." 

"Ok... umm.. aren't you tired?" Maya looked at her hands as she asked.

"I am.." came the reply.

"Then you should sleep," Maya asserted as she patted the bed beside her. 

Unassuredly, Jiyong walked slowly toward the bed and got under the blanket.

But before he could thank her, Maya bid him good night and lay down with her back to him. 

Jiyong lay down, with his back facing hers and wondered why he felt wide awake even after a very hectic and long day. It wasn't the first time he was lying down next to a girl but why did his heart flutter so much? Is it guilt at what he had done the other night? Is it awareness of an attraction he felt for Maya somehow? 

Maya too lay wide awake. 

Jiyong tossed and turned unable to find a comfortable position and state of mind to sleep.

"When was the last time you were in this room?" Maya asked softly. 

There was a long pause as if Jiyong was trying to remember when it actually was.

Finally he answered, "The day after my drug scandal got released to the press."

Maya was taken back by his honest answer. She decided to probe him some more to see how much more of himself he was willing to let her see.

"So did you do it? The drug, I mean.."

This time, the silence was for a longer time that she even thought that maybe he had slept. 

Just as she turned her neck to check on him, she found him looking at her intently.

"Yes!" he replied, as if daring her to ask more.

His eyes seemed to be holding her in place as she lay like that with her head turned to one side looking at him. 

"Don't you want to know why?" he dared her again.

"Is there a reason to do it?" she asked innocently enough.

"I don't know about others but I had.. I wanted to hurt someone more that she had hurt me.. so the night she broke up with me, I held the party. I went all out.. inviting everyone I could think of.. just so that someone will tell her about it!"

"I shouldn't have asked. I am sorry," Maya whispered as she broke the eye contact and moved back to her original position. 

"It's ok. It was a long time ago. I thought I was doing that to hurt her but I hurt all those who really cared about me more.. i should have learnt my lesson then. But until recently I didn't realise that I was craving for something that was destroying me!"

Not knowing how to reply to that and fearing that things were getting too personal, Maya closed her eyes and pretended to sleep. But she didn't fool anyone in the room. 

 

The couple had hardly slept for a few hours when Jiyong woke up to a knock on the door. His Sister stood before the door, asking them to get ready for breakfast. 

Still half asleep, Jiyong toddled towards the bed planning to grab few more minutes of sleep, when he noticed Maya. She was sprawled across her half of the bed , on her stomach with her hands over her head. The silk pajama bottom hardly covered her butts and her long legs and parts of her waist were exposed to the whole world to see. Was that why his Sister had peeped in and smirked at him before leaving? 

Jiyong grabbed his end of the blanket and gently threw it on her before calling her name.

"Maya, wake up. I am going to go get ready for breakfast. Come down when you are ready. We will leave after breakfast ok?" Jiyong called out from the door.

"Hmm..ok," Maya replied groggily as she pushed her hair out of the way and sat up and examined her surrounding.

Oh yea.. she had spent the night at Jiyong s place. In his room to be exact. Her first night in a guy s bed, with a guy!! 

Jiyong had kept his words. A couple of times when Maya has woken up because of the unfamiliar environment, she had found Jiyong lying face down on his side of the bed with his hands below him, mouth open and snoring. 

 

After biding goodbye to everyone, Jiyong and Maya drove back to their house in comfortable silence. As Jiyong drove, Maya looked outside the window for a few minutes, before dozing off, catching up on her remaining sleep. Jiyong smiled to himself looking at his sleeping Wife and reduced the radio volume. 

He had never confided to anyone about his drug scandal and somehow saying it all out to her, seemed to take a burden off his chest. Someone knew. He didn't know whether she cared but atleast she asked! No one had asked him why he had done what he did! He was so hurt that night! 

Sandara had told him that she had gotten an pregnant after their brief fling during their YG family event but that she had aborted the baby because she didn't see a future with him. She was brazen enough to tell him that she wanted someone more sturdy , more dependable, not someone who can't even accept his relationships in public and someone who was a bad influence to her. 

But why didn't she understand that he was protecting her and all the girls he was dating by not accepting their relationships? 

So his misplaced anger got him doing everything she told him he was and wasn't.. if she she thought he was unpredictable and bad influence now, he wanted to show her how much more bad he can be.. if she had thought he wouldn't have married her because of the pregnancy, he got married to a complete stranger for his boss YG s sake, just to show that he could be responsible and do what was expected of him.. 

But the more he looked at Maya, the more he felt guilty. She was stuck in a war between two people she had no idea existed before this marriage. 

His Mother had had a brief talk with him before he left and had pleaded with him to put more into his marriage than his job for once. They were growing older each day and wanted to see him a family man sooner than later. 

He glanced once more at his sleeping Wife and promised himself that he would give it a try!