Chapter 26

The bold And The beauty

 

Maya s determination to resist Jiyong was weakening day by day. She did a lot of thinking the following few days. Jiyong gave all the space she needed. He wanted her to come to a decision by her own. 

Hyorin s due date was fast approaching and Taeyang wanted to complete all his work before the baby was born so Taeyang , along with Jiyong, spent most of their time working.

 

"Are you avoiding me?" Maya asked a very groggy Jiyong one day morning. 

After all that talk the other night about wanting another chance, Maya felt that her husband was giving her the silent treatment! 

"What?? No!!! I am just helping Taeyang finish his work ahead of his baby s delivery!" he replied as he sat up and pouted.

"Well.. if you really meant what you said the other day.. then.. I have a doctor s appointment today. Would you.. I mean.. if you are free.." maya struggled to finish her question.

"I would love to," Jiyong answered, rescuing her from her embarrassment.

 

Maya was curled up on the sofa watching tv with a large bowl of popcorn popped up on her now huge stomach. 

"Hey, baby," Jiyong dropped his bag on the table nearby and kissed his wife on the forehead before taking a handful of popcorn and flopping down on the sofa near her legs. He casually her tummy with his other hand, as he smiled at his wife.

"How was it at work? Have you informed them that this will be last month before you take your maternity leave?"

Eyes still glued to the tv, Maya shook her head. But before she could reply, the popcorn bowl literally jumped from the kick of the baby!!

"Omg!! Did you see that?" Jiyong leaped out of the sofa and looked at her tummy in amazement.

Maya gave him a bored look and replied, "More like felt it! He has been doing that all day today!"

Jiyong removed the popcorn bowl from the top of her tummy, earning a glare from Maya. He ignored her and placed his ear on her tummy! 

"Yea! Sure! Your son is probably having a concert in there or something!"

After a few minutes of being entertained by his Son, Jiyong sat up.

"Just another five more weeks to go!" he announced.

"Hmm.. " came a quiet reply. Jiyong looked at Maya wondering why she didn't sound as excited as him. Usually she was the one posting pictures of her every ultrasound to the fridge and counting the weeks.

She slowly got up and pulled her hair into a ponytail. Her face looked like she would burst into tears any moment.

"Hey..." Jiyong gently pulled the woman into his lap.

"What happened? You can tell me! Does it hurt anywhere?" he eyes flitted across her face, as tears brimmed in her eyes. She started sobbing, making Jiyong panic more inside but not trying to show it in his voice, he asked, "Can we go to the hospital? You want me to call my mom?"

"No.. no.. I .. I am scared!" Moaned the woman on his lap. Jiyong all but got up to snatch the hospital bag and drag Maya outside with him.

"I sp.. spoke to Hyorin unnie and she told me she labored for nearly twenty four hours to deliver her little girl! And our baby already weighs more than their little one!"

Jiyong sighed in relief. For a second, he thought the baby was coming early.

"Maya, if you want to opt for a c section, go for it. As long as you and the Baby are fine, anything is ok!" Jiyong tried to comfort his Wife as he kissed away the tears that ran down her cheeks.

His lips moved its way across her cheeks to her lips. It was a sweet kiss, like the many he had given her over the past few weeks, but Maya felt a shudder run through her body.

May did not close her eyes for the kiss. She wanted to see Jiyong. His face. His expression when he kissed her. Her baby was going to be born soon. She couldn't let Jiyong s insecurity hurt the baby.

When Jiyong slowly and reluctantly let go of Maya s lips and moved back, he saw Maya s eyes boring into his.

He understood what she was asking. And with tears in his eyes, he whispered back, " You and this baby mean more than anything in this whole wide world for me! I love you, Maya."

Maya s eyes widened in revelation. For the first time, Jiyong had confessed his love for her!! 

Once again their Son did not agree with all the crowding and did a somersault in the tummy bringing the attention back to himself.

 

It was already two days past her due date and the baby was showing no signs of coming yet! 

Jiyong s Mother had shifted back to his house to prepare for her grandson. Maya was super cranky. She tried walking all day as much as she could to induce labor but to no result. She even tried eating super spicy food when her mother in law suggested it but again nothing happened!

"Please!! I am so done being pregnant! Do something, doctor," Maya pleaded with her doctor when they went for the checkup that day.

The old gynecologist smiled at the very heavily pregnant woman. Both her husband and mother in law accompanied Maya, hoping to convince the doctor to induce labor artificially. 

"It's just been two days past your due date. Let's give the baby another day or three more days ok? But otherwise everything seems to be fine! But there are plenty of ways of inducing labor naturally. So maybe you can consider that?"

"Oh, I have done everything!! I ate spicy food, walked around the whole day, climbed stairs.." replied Maya pitifully, nearly on the verge of tears.

"Hmm. Well, they say raspberry leaf tea helps. May be you could try that? And if your husband is willing to help, helps induce labor too." the doctor replied nonchalantly.

 

Another day had gone and Maya was at her wits end. She was groggy and cranky and she hadn't slept the whole day! She took short naps and wakes around and around the whole house a thousand times the previous night. Though Jiyong tried to keep her company, he was fast asleep on the sofa when his mom saw them in the morning.

Deciding to put an end to Maya s misery, Jiyong mother woke her son up.

"Jiyong ah, I am going out to get some raspberry leaves. You take Maya into the bedroom and .. you know.. do something! But we are helping Maya have this baby today!"

"Omma, where will you find the raspberry leaves? Do you want me to come?" Jiyong got up all groggy and disoriented.

"No! You stay! Listen carefully!! I want to see my grandson today! Got it?" his mom ordered and went out of the house in a hurry. 

It slowly dawned on Jiyong what his mom expected him to do. Maya had gone to take a shower. Should he? It's not that he didn't find Maya unattractive because of her pregnancy. Like hell, her bigger s were alone a huge turn on if any! But he had promised her that he wouldn't make the first move on her! That he would give her space! 

But even before he could come to a conclusion, he heard a loud scream from the bedroom. Jiyong shot out of the sofa and rushed into the room only to see Maya crouching on the floor.

"Hey. Hey.. are you ok?" Jiyong put his arms around her shoulder falling on his knees beside her and tried to support her as she winced in pain.

Tears spilled out of Maya s eyes as her body writhed in pain. 

"I think the baby.. baby...is coming! " Maya stammered in pain.

"Ok..ok.. let's get you to the hospital," Jiyong did not know how he managed to get his wife to the hospital without anyone s help. He had left a message to his mom and all his other family members that he was going to the hospital and drove like a mad man.

 

Jiyong was totally not prepared when he was allowed into the birthing room. Maya and himself had not spoken about it so he had assumed that he won't be present to see the birth of his child. 

Maya was immediately rushed into the labor room as her water had already broken along her way to the hospital.

The midwives and nurses present guided Jiyong to move behind Maya in the bed as they got ready to deliver the baby. The gynecologist was on her way but the baby decided not to wait for her.

"Jiyong.. it hurts!!" Whimpered his wife, as another contraction hit, making him feel all the more helpless. 

"I love you, Maya. I love you so much," were the only words that Jiyong could think of.

"Ok! Let's see how we are doing.." said the midwife as she poked her head into Maya s hospital gown. "You are almost fully dilated so be ready to push on your next contraction, Maya shi. The father can hold her knees apart so that it helps the baby to come out more easily. Yea.. that's right. Keep it like that. Push.. push .. mayashi!! You can do this!! Your baby is doing all he can to come out. Help him.. come on.." 

With a strangled cry, Maya pushed with all her night before falling back into her husband s chest. 

"I can't.. please.." she cried.

"Come on mayashi.. I can already see the head!! One more big push!! You can do this," the mid wife encourages her as the nurse holding Maya s hand gave a sympathetic smile and wiped the tears and sweat on her face.

Maya nodded as she felt pain engulf her again and pushed as hard as she could. 

A loud cry erupted from the foot of the bed. Jiyong didn't realize he was holding his breath as he watched the midwife life a bloody wriggling baby into their view.

Tears ran down his cheeks his son was placed in his wife s hands. With jet black straight hair, his son looked just like Jiyong with hardly any features of Maya. 

 

Jiyong watched his wife as she held her son firmly to her chest and rocked him to sleep. He hadn't stopped following her and wagging her ever since they returned back from the hospital. He found her mesmerizing. 

He hadn't known what he was missing before he married. But now, with every passing second of watching them, he knew this was what he had been missing. 

 

Maya was his savior and his son, kwon Drago, was his miracle!