Chapter 17

The bold And The beauty

 

"Oh come on!! You are the last person I would want a child with!! It was a great fling while it lasted but I never thought it as anything more! Look at you, for heaven s sake! Everytime you have one of your depression phase, you run away, leaving everyone behind only to return back with one more tattoo as a reminder of the episode! I have seen you lose your too many times! How can I trust you to be there for a baby? That's too much to expect from someone like you. Don't get me wrong, Jiyong. I am sure there is someone for you out there. It's just not me!! I need a normal person. Someone I can depend on all the time! Not someone who would play with me for a few days when the mood is right and disappear when it isn't!"

Sandara s words still echoed in his mind that night when he had had gone to her house to check if the rumors were true. Being in the same company meant most of your secrets were open ones. So when he heard his staffs gossiping about Sandara not doing her promotions for a few days because she was recovering from an abortion, he knew it most probably involved him. 

Only Taeyang and his manager had been available of his brief felling with her and they had tried their best to console him only to be let down by the drug scandal he got himself involved in that very night. 

Though at that time it had seen like a good idea to show Sandara that her words didn't affect him at all and that he would do as he pleases, her scalding words had stayed with him throughout.

His belief that people loved his onstage persona , Gdragon more for his fame and money but not Kwon Jiyong who suffered from loneliness and depression got cemented in his mind. 

He had initially detested Maya for that very reason. He was scared that she would come with the assumption of marrying a glamorous and confident GD and might hate the real Jiyong once she came to know him.

In his desperation to flee from the situation, he had even tried to reconnect with Sandara who had known Jiyong, not GD from their few months together.

But things had changed along the way and he found that since Maya was not bought up in the entertainment industry, she gave a damn about his image in it. It was what she saw that she believed and that worked well with him.

Until tonight.. when he had gone all out to show her that her trust meant a lot to him...

 

Maya was too shocked to actually go out and confront Jiyong. She cried herself to sleep hoping the pregnancy test kits were wrong. 

 

It was still early in the morning when Maya woke up to movement in the room. Jiyong was quietly getting ready for his work that day and from the look of his face, Maya knew he was still in a bad mood.

"Jiyong..." she tried in the hope that last night was just a nightmare.

"I have already said what I wanted to say last night, Maya. I will arrange for an appointment with a good doctor through my manager."

Annoyed with his stubbornness, Maya ignored him as she tried to walk past him.

But Jiyong caught her wrist and pulled her into his chest and hugged her tightly. Maya struggled to loosen herself from his hold but to no result.

"Maya.. please.. just do this one thing for me! Please!"

"Why? Is this because of what happened between you and Sandara again? Is she going to be the elephant in the room for us always?" Maya retorted angrily.

Kissing her on her forehead, Jiyong manipulated her to the bed without relenting his hold on her and made her sit on his lap as he took a deep breath and tried to reason with her again, "Maya, we are still very young! We have enough time! Just not now ok? I am ready now!"

"What if I want this baby?" She whimpered as she started sobbing.

Anger seethed inside Jiyong. 

"What if I ask you to choose between this .. this.. and me?" He questioned her mercilessly.

"Aren't you both one and the same? Isn't this child yours also? Why are you so adamant about this? Give me one good reason other than you are not ready because we have nearly nine months to get ready!" Maya pleaded.

Jiyong abruptly stood up causing Maya to nearly topple over if not for Jiyong  holding her forearm.

"I hope you come to the righty conclusion, Maya," were the last words out of his mouth and he banged the door behind him and left. 

 

By noon that day, Maya got her pregnancy confirmed from a doctor. Without any married friends to open her heart to, Maya decided to risk embarrassment and called Jiyong Best Friend Taeyang to get to understand her Husband s aversion to her pregnancy. 

At Taeyang s insistence, Maya accepted an invitation for dinner at Taeyang and his girl Friend s house.