Chapter 15

The bold And The beauty

 

Jiyong woke up to find that Maya was no longer in bed. She was sitting in the living room looking at her phone as tears rolled down her eyes.

"She doesn't mean anything to me anymore! I want to forget about her and move on... I tolerate her presence only for the company s sake!" It was Jiyong s voice, as he seemed to be talking to someone behind the camera.

Jiyong was shocked to hear his own voice coming from her phone. As he rushed forward towards her, Maya looked up at him with red eyes.

"Baby.. let me explain.. it's not what you think," Jiyong sat near his wife and took the phone from her hand.

As soon as he put his hand around her shoulders, she jumped up and away from him.

"Don't, Jiyong!! Please!! I don't even want to look at you right now!!" she screamed and she moved away from him.

"Maya..." before he could utter another word, Maya had shut herself in the guest room.

 

"What the hell?? Why was I not video taped without my knowledge? I thought the scandal will come out later in the week? You said  Jiyong roared into his phone at his manager.

"I was not aware as well! The media expects a statement from you and the agency! What do you want me to say?" his manager on the other side asked.

"Handle it! I have enough to take care of at home," Jiyong seethed.

"Oh, by the way, some of your fans are actually happy with the news and want you to be with Sandara. So it would be better to keep your wife away from some website," his well meaning manager suggested.

"I think it s a little too late for that," Jiyong confided. Just then he heard a door closing.

Hoping to see Maya out of her room, Jiyong hurriedly cut his call only to see that Maya was no longer in her room or anywhere in the house. 

 

It was almost midnight by the time Maya returned home. She had just been roaming around the city, wanting time to herself, trying to figure out what to do next. 

When she entered the house, she found Jiyong pacing  around in the living room. As soon as their eyes met, Jiyong let it a relieved sigh and rushed towards her.

"Maya, do you know how worried I was? Where the hell were you? Why did you switch off your mobile?" worried words gushed out of him.

"Are you going file for divorce now? To be with her? " Maya asked with no emotions in her voice.

"What?? No, baby. Listen, this whole things is just an act. An act to .." Jiyong tried to explain to her as he dragged her to a chair nearby.

"That's what you said to her in the video too.. are you double playing us? Please.. I .. I need to know before hand if you are planning to end our marriage. I need to make plans," Maya sobbed.

"What plans? What are talking about? Just let me explain," Jiyong reasoned.

Maya got up quickly and staggered and almost fell down before Jiyong caught her.

"Maya.. you need to rest. You look sick. Let's talk tomorrow. But remember, I really love you,ok?" Jiyong concerned and upset with himself for making her go through this.

Jiyong watched her walk back to the guest room with reluctance. There was nothing he could do unless she believed him. Before going to bed, he called his mother and asked her to come home the next day. He wanted someone to be with his wife while was at the agency sorting out all the mess.

 

Jiyong s mother reached home early the next day and shot daggers at her son with her eyes as he sat there disoriented on the sofa, head in his hands.

"When will you learn a lesson, Jiyong ah? Have you sorted it out with your wife yet? If I were her, I would have thrown you out of the house!" She barked.

"Not yet. She refuses to come out of the room and keeps her mobile switched off," mumbled Jiyong.

"Don't you have to go somewhere? You leave first! I will try talking to her. By the way, call your dad. He is vey mad at you!" Cautioned his mother.

Reluctantly , Jiyong got ready and left for his agency.

 

Jiyong s mother gently knocked on the door and called out, "Maya, it's me. Open the door. He has left the house!"

A few minutes later, Maya let Jiyong s mother into the room and went back to sit on her bed with her knees drawn to her chest.

"Maya, you shouldn't believe everything the media says! Talk to him. He was waiting for you till now and just left. Give him a chance to explain himself," the old lady implored.

Maya did not acknowledge what her mother inlaw was saying and kept still. When she felt a hand, her hair soothingly, all her pent up emotions burst out as she wailed and cried.

Jiyong s mother hugged her daughter in law and patted her on her back waiting for her cries to subside. 

 

That night, upon her mother inlaws insistence, Maya agreed to listen to Jiyong a explanation. 

"First of all, that video.. I didn't know existed. But I was talking about Sandara in the video, not you! Secondly, I did go to the hotel that night and so did Sandara, supposedly but we did not meet each other or spend time with each other. This scandal was a planned conspiracy by our agency. But it went too far. It was just supposed to say that we met each other!"

Jiyong looked at his hands as he spoke.

"Seriously why.." interrupted Maya, not fully trusting her husband. 

"Please .. let me finish. Two weeks back, Hyun-suk shi, the head of YG, was caught gambling and in company of minors in compromising situation by police. But because of his social status, full details of the situation will not be revealed but just to deviate the public s eyes attention, this whole scandal was planned. I was not aware of it , till I met Hyun-Suk at the hotel that night. I didn't have any say in the matter. I am sorry. But this is the truth. I really want you to believe me but I will understand of you need time to come to terms with it!" Jiyong finished without looking up at his wife.