Chapter 18

The bold And The beauty

 

Maya was slightly nervous when she reached Taeyang s place. Was she going behind her husband s back, meeting his Friend to talk about him? But she knew both herself and Jiyong were not in their right mind to talk right now and she needed help in understanding her husband s feeling about having a child before she thought about what do with her pregnancy.

It was true that the pregnancy came a little too early in their marriage.

 

Maya was welcomed warning by Taeyang and his girl Friend, Hyorin into their beautiful house. 

"Thanks a lot for having me here today, Taeyang Shi. I hope I was disturbing your other plans for the day!" Maya politely thanked the couple.

"It's our pleasure having you over. We have been nagging Jiyong to bring you over for so long but something or the other happened.." 

Hyorin came with drinks and snacks for everyone.

"Your house looks very beautiful just like you, Hyorin Shi," Maya smiled friendly.

"Thank you. So are you! I need to get somethings for dinner. You guys keep talking. I will be back," thoughtfully gave Maya and Taeyang some privacy.

 

 "Maya shi...l know Jiyong is not the most easy person to be but trust me once you earn his love and trust, it's forever. You see, he has been in the industry from a very young age. I think from when he was around eight year old. It was a very very hard life. And then we debuted and we soon got fame and money. But while other kids were growing up in a house with parents and siblings, he stayed in dorms with other senior trainees," Taeyang tried to explain his friend s early life to a girl who was born with a silver spoon.

"When he was of the age to find love, there were very few women around him who were wanted the moody and clingy Jiyong to the cool and rich GDragon. Most woman just wanted to benefit from his money and contact then to help him deal with his loneliness. You see, we often perform on stages with thousands of fan proposing their love for us. But once the concert is over and we reach home, we are all alone. Even our parents are fed up of our hectic schedules. We hardly come home at regular timings and we are amongst never there for anyone so we can't blame anyone!!!" he continued.

Maya nodded in understanding.

"Sandara was another idol who started training from a very young age. Jiyong often saw her around and was quiet protective of her. And then we debuted and then they did and Bigbang was often paired up with 2NE1 for various activities.

And last year when we were in Paris for the fashion show things changed," Taeyang paused, taking a sip of his drink.

"Jiyong and Sandara had gone there representing a fashion brand. The Son of the head of the brand took great interest in Sandara, escorting her to places and such till he got what he wanted from her. So Sandara turned to Jiyong for comfort and by the time they returned to Korea, it was like they had become inseparable with Dara always around Jiyong. But when she became pregnant and Jiyong offered to marry her and make their relation public, she balked. She confessed that she never thought of Jiyong as a Husband material and that she had just used him for rebound! She even aborted the child without telling him saying she could never see him as someone responsible enough to be a father. Her words really hurt him a lot. She was someone he had known a long time and I guess he somehow believes everything she said about him must be true and that's why nobody ever stayed with him for long."

"I feel very sad for him but it's not easy fighting an invisible enemy, Taeyang Shi. " Maya confided.

"I am sorry. But trust me when I say this. I haven't seen Jiyong as happy as he has been the last couple of months. There has been ups and downs but I think you guys managed it wonderfully!" Taeyang complemented the woman before him just as his girl friend arrived back home.

Taeyang rushed forward to take the packages from Hyorin s hands as she smiled at Maya and said , "Ever since we found out that I am pregnant, he hasn't let me even carry my purse!"

"Oh! My congratulations to the both of you," Maya wished.

So this is how a guy treats a woman who is pregnant with his baby, Maya thought to herself and wondered if Jiyong actually loved her or if he was just using her to irk Sandara and make her feel guilty about leaving him. 

 

After a wonderful and comfortable dinner at Taeyang s place, Maya reached home, having made up her mind about what she wanted to do. 

Jiyong was already home and pacing around, when Maya reached home. 

"Where the hell were you? I went to your office to surprise you but they told me you had taken the day off! I even came honestly for you?" Jiyong lashed out at her.

"At a friend s place," muttered Maya without wanting to disclose further. She opened her handbag and took out the first ultrasound of their baby and placed it on the table near the sofa.

"You could have told me! What that's?" Jiyong demanded.

"It's an ultrasound. I am six weeks pregnant," Maya nonchalantly replied as she made her way to their bedroom and prepared herself for a shower.

When she came out of the bathroom minutes later, she found Jiyong on the bed with his hands on his knees, in deep thought. She doubted he even looked at the ultrasound. But she didn't care anymore.

She continued moving around the room, getting ready for bed, ignoring the man in the room. 

As she finished all her nighttime rituals, she tucked herself into bed and lay down with her back facing her husband and closed her eyes.

She heard the lights being switched off and felt the bed dip. After a few painfully silent moment, she heard Jiyong then towards her and ask, "What have you decided?" 

Maya slowly opened her eyes and waited for a moment before saying ,"I will keep the baby. I am not Sandara, Jiyong.I will never leave you! I can only prove my love for you by keeping this baby!"

"But what if this baby is the reason we seperate?" he bit back.

"Then atleast I leave with something of yours with me to keep forever!" she breathed.