Chapter 10

The bold And The beauty

 

From the time, Jiyong and Maya returned from his home, Maya noticed a lot of changes in Jiyong. For one, he seemed to come home most of the night. One night, he had ever bought dinner from outside and had dismissed the maid early. 

Maya herself was later from work that day and was not in a good mood. It was not great to be a junior member of any team in Korea. You were expected to more than most of the work that people did and today felt like the worst day ever!!

Coming back home, she felt as if her bad luck was following her around to find the kitchen spick and span and the maid not around. She was ravenous and she felt like bawling her heart out.Just as she decided to cook some ramen, her phone rang.

"Hello.." her answered un surely because of the unknown number. She didn't know many people in Korea yet!

"Hey.. it's me Jiyong." 

"Oh . Hi," she replied wondering why the call out of the blue.

They had been cordial and friendly the past couple of days, after their return from the Christmas get together at his home.

"Yea.. so I am on the way home and was wondering if you were home and if you had had dinner already?" Jiyong enquired casually.

"I just reached home. By the way, is it maid s off day today? I didn't know,"she enquired.

"About that.. yea.. I gave her the evening off. I just thought that maybe we can have pizza or something? It's my once in a blue moon early finish from work," Jiyong added shyly.

As soon as she heard the word pizza, Maya s stomach growled loudly. 

"Sounds great. Thanks," she replied quickly.

"Good. Will be there in a hour," quipped Jiyong as he cut the call and turned to his manager. 

"Hyung, take me to that new pizza shop that has opened," he said as he browsed through the shop s menu online.

 

By the time Jiyong reached home with the food, Maya had already settled infront of the sofa with the tv on. As the smell of the pizza wafted through the room, Maya felt like she could have kissed Jiyong. She was that famished. 

"You are the best, Jiyong. Come.. I downloaded the last episode of Game of Thrones. Do you watch Game of Thrones?" she asked as scooted over to one side of the sofa and made space for him.

Placing the pizza boxes on the table infront of the sofa, Jiyong quickly ran to the kitchen to put the surprise deserts he had bought in the fridge. It felt nice to come home to a house with someone waiting for him, though maybe waiting for the food would have been more like it.

 

"So that guy died in the last season but he somehow comes alive this season??" Jiyong enquirer in disbelief.

"Yea.. you know, I cried so much when they killed his brother. I thought of giving up on the series when I saw this guy die. Then I read the spoiler that he would be back so.. yea.. basically I watch the show for this guy," continued his Wife as she nibbled on her last slice.

Jiyong watched the girl infront of him with something like amusement on his face. He found her very attractive when she wasn't on guard and without makeup on. 

"So are you free this weekend?" he tried to ask as casually as he could.

"Hmm.. maybe.. why?" Maya was so engrossed in her tv, she didn't get the implication that maybe he was going to ask her out.

"Just like that.. maybe you could visit me at MBC studio? We are performing our latest album for the first time there."

"Really? Is that ok if I come? I mean is it allowed?" Maya looked at him with incredulity.

Jiyong looked into his eyes as he replied, "Yea. All my members' family are coming."

He hoped she would understand what he was suggesting. That he wanted to consider her as part of his family but Maya looked back at the tv as she asked him, "oh so your parents and unnie will also come?"

Jiyong choked a little on his pizza and said "Yea .. sure.. so will you come?"

"Hmm.. ok.." agreed Maya without releasing the implications of her husband s act.

Jiyong mentally made a note to call his parents tomorrow to invite them for the event.

 

The next day, Maya took it upon herself to make something for breakfast seeing that Jiyong had bought dinner the previous night. 

When Jiyong woke up later in the morning, he was very surprised to hear from the maid that Maya had prepared something for him before she left.

The whole week went in a similar way, each going out of their way to do something small for the other, under the pretense that they were just doing it because the other person did something before that. By the end of the week, Jiyong had already dropped and picked up Maya from work twice! Their relationship had settled into a comfortable friendship zone. 

 

"So what do I wear for tonight? Should it be formal?" Maya tried to hide her nervousness about the night s MBC program as they sat the dining table, eating their breakfast. 

"Would you like me to send my stylist?" Jiyong offered as he browsed through his phone for any last minute messages and changes from s.

"No, it's ok. This is my first time at such a event. I am just clueless!" Maya tries to explain.

"Don't worry.. I will send one of my stylist noonas. Just be ready by 6pm. I will meet you at the studio ok? "

Maya nodded as she stared at the food infront of her. 

"Hey.. don't stress about it ok? " Jiyong tried to console his wife.

"Will you be introducing me to people there?" She asked nervously, still refusing to look up at him.

"Would you like me to?" Jiyong asked softly, waiting eagerly for her reply.

"What about your parents? Will they come directly to the studio as well?" Maya once again dodged his attempt at drawing her out.

"Well.. if you are nervous then you can some with them to the studio," suggested Jiyong as he got up to leave.

"Yea. Maybe I will do that!" Agreed Maya, looks at him and waving her hands. 

Watching him leave, Maya wondered what had changed in their relationship over the weekend. It felt like finally they were getting used to having each other around in their life. He was being so considerate and sweet , Maya found herself looking forward to having him around.

 

"Everyone ready? One hour to go live!" announced an assistant producer as he peeked into the Bigbang room.

"Hyung, I think your parents are here," Seungri looked at Jiyong as he was being prepped up.

"Oh. You saw?" Jiyong watched his maknae from the corner of his eyes, as he demanded.

"No. Manager hyung told me. He was trying to get them good seats near the stage," remarked the young man casually. 

As Jiyong sat there wondering if it meant that Maya was there with them, Youngbae who was in the chair next to him, getting him hair done, gave his shoulder a nudge and asked mockingly , "So do we get to meet the one making to shoot out of the studio early every evening?" 

Jiyong glared at him, hoping his other members didn't catch on the information. But he was a little too late.

"Really?? Maya shi is here?? Finally!!! I couldn't attend the wedding because if my mom a surgery. So today do I finally get to meet her?" Seungri never missed anythin, did he?

"Let's see.." Jiyong replied nonchalantly.

He didn't want to seem as if he was putting too much pressure on Maya on her very first outing as his wife. He wanted to take this relationship as slowly as possible. 

Under the pretense of going to the restroom, Jiyong escaped from the waiting lounge and decided to take a peek at the seating area in the auditorium.

There she was. In a lavender knee length dress with dangling purple diamond earrings. She had swept her hair onto one side of her shoulder, looking as elegant as ever. 

Was she showing too much of skin on her shoulder and neck, Jiyong wondered but quickly chided himself for his thoughts.

What was wrong with him? Why did it suddenly matter to him whether she was exposing too much skin or not? Is it because he was finally going to acknowledge to the world that she was his wife?

 

That day, Jiyong s performance was spellbinding. It was as if he wanted to show off to his wife what a great performer her husband was. All during the Bigbang s live performance, the camera often focused on Maya s face and expressions. 

Once the show was over, the MC decided to have some fun with Jiyong.

"GD shi, I heard there is a special person her among the audience today to see your performance?" he started.

"Everyone present here is special to me but yes. There is one person who is watching my performance for the first time!" Jiyong smiled shyly as he looked at the camera and replied.

The camera zoomed in on Maya as she tried to keep her smile polite and neutral.

"Would you like to introduce her to the audience, GD shi?" the MC tried again to improve the rating of the show with an surprise guest on the stage but Jiyong, being the king of kpop that he is, knew how to handle any unwanted media attention properly.

"Not yet," he smiled cordially.

Getting the hint from the pop idol, the MC congratulated Jiyong on his marriage and the group for their great performance and ended the show.