Chapter 02

The bold And The beauty

Maya tried her best to look unflustered. 

She closed her eyes and took a sip of water before replying, "Sure. Do what you do. But just so you know, the wedding planner said she will be coming up in a few minutes to check a few details with you."

 

Jiyong preceded to remove him cufflinks and push his shirt up his elbow and walked past Maya to the fridge to get some water for himself. It was only after he passed her did Maya realize that she had been holding her breath!! 

 

Jiyong observed the girl from the corner of his eyes. Did this marriage not affect her at all? She was sitting so coolly as if she did this everyday!!! 

 

Maya spent the next ten or so minutes engrossed in her phone trying not to pay attention to the top man walking around the room. She thanked his manager for the phone call that came, just as Jiyong was ing his pant buttons. For a second then she had contemplated sprinting out of the room, when the call came to her rescue. 

 

Maya s cool as cucumber attitude irritated Jiyong to no end! It was he was always cold to people and to see another person acting as if he didn't exist right in front of them was damn frustrating! 

 

Maya had somehow managed to gain Jiyong s attention, albeit in a bad way..

 

 

The wedding reception was a big hit with the media and the entertainment industry. YG had pulled all the strings to make this a one of a kind wedding and he talk of the town. So absorbed were the guests with the grandiose of things that the awkwardness between the groom and bride went unnoticed. But being a good actor, Jiyong did his part of s smitten groom perfectly and Maya s dazzling smile and charm got them through the day. Not many noted that the groom and bride hardly spent anytime together.

 

By the time the couple reached their honeymoon suite, it was well past midnight. 

 

The fact the Sandara never attended his wedding reception bothered Jiyong, as he gazed outside the window at the picturesque Seoul night. 

 He wandered into the bedroom wondering what his wife was doing. He found her already fast asleep on top of the blankets. 

 

Jiyong stood there watching her face closely. His mind replayed his first meeting her a week ago at Taeyang s house. They couldn't risk meeting anywhere. 

Even then she had behaved all polite and proper showing not kind of emotions. Her brother had tagged along but he had let the two talk for a couple of minutes alone, understanding what a shock it must have been for the two of them to wake up one day and find out that they will be married in less than ten days. 

 

When Jiyong had asked her what she expected out of th heir relation, she had looked at him straight in the eye and said nothing. She told him that she had always known that she would one day be used in some kind of business deal and that she had always expected a business man and the only surprising thing for her was that she was marrying a pop idol instead. 

Hearing her say that she accepted her fate to a loveless marriage, Jiyong felt more depressed. He was getting a robot trained to play the role of a wife.

 

When Jiyong had not said or asked anything after that, she politely bowed to me and excused herself and left. 

 

Jiyong returned to the present as he stared at the woman on his bed. He had never in his life imagined his first night like this. He went back to the living area unable to sleep...