Chapter 22

The bold And The beauty

 

The next couple of months went in a bustle of activity for Jiyong. He went on a Japan Tour with s and returned after two months to see a more radiant wife and prominent baby bump.

During their tour, he had seen h

Taeyang constantly video calling his very pregnant wife and always being worried about her. 

Though his own ego didn't let him enquire after her health, he did ask some of his staffs back home to visit his house for some of the reason, just so they will see Maya and let him know if anything was wrong. Though the staffs now suspected Maya s pregnancy, they knew to keep their mouth shut and do their job. 

He had still not confided in anyone about his imminent fatherhood as if saying it louder will make it more real.  

 

When Maya entered the house after another gruelling day at work, she knew Jiyong must be home from the sound of television in the living room. Excited at having someone else at home other than their part time helper, at the same time hiding her true feelings from appearing on her face, Maya s eyes roamed around the living room but was disappointed not to find Jiyong there.

Was he in his room? Should she drop in and say hi, maybe? 

Just as she was contemplating her these things , she bumped into something or someone as she turned around. Caught off guard, she took a step back only to be hit by a side table , knocking her off balance, if not for a hand that held her above the elbow.

When Maya opened her eyes, reassured that she wouldn't be falling anytime soon, she was met with a concerned pair of her husband s eyes.

"Are you ok?" he asked with a worried expression on his face.

Maya slowly detached her hands from his grip and moved a little away from him and nodded in reply.

Though she was really happy to have him, and wanted to tell him she really missed him, she didn't do much. 

Jiyong watched his wife put some distance between them both. His eyes flickered for a moment to her very obvious bump. There was a baby inside that! His baby! He nervously swallowed and looked away , hoping she did notice him.

She hadn't. Too scared to reveal her real feelings, her eyes wandered around the room.

"Will you be staying for dinner?" was the only thing Maya could come up with!

"Yea.. I missed home food a lot! I have already given the maid a list of things I wanted to eat. I hope you don't mind," Jiyong tried to continue with the formal talk. 

"Oh. I have dinner plans with Jason oppa and a few friends. Please enjoy your dinner." Maya gave a small smile and retreated to her room.

She leaned against the door and placed a hand on her tummy. Her heart had been beating really fast at the sight of Jiyong after nearly two and half months and maybe because of that, she had felt tiny fluttering in her tummy as well. She was already about 18 weeks pregnant and it was high time she started to feel the baby s movements but it had to happen now. 

She had been craving for some good Italian food the past few days and had told Jason oppa casually the other day and he had made a reservation at the best Italian restaurant in town.

Getting ready excitedly, when the door bell rang Maya rushed out to open the door not noticing her husband watching her from the living room.

Jiyong watched as Jason gave his wife a hug, which in his opinion he should have done after seeing her after so long , and he placed a hand on her evident bump and said , " Let's get you what you want so you can be a good boy and not trouble you mom, ok?"

Boy?? Really? Jiyong was stunned into a statue. So he was .. having a son? No.. no.. Maya was having a son. A son on whom he has no rights! Even before he could see the baby, he had already written off his rights to it! And someone like Jason would probably take his place! And Jiyong will be left forever as a godfather of Taeyang s kid.

Before he snapped out of his trance, Maya had already left with her friend. 

 

Maya and Jiyong met two days later during breakfast. She looked pale with dark circles around her eyes and mumbled about wanting to sleep longer. 

The maid gently chided her for sleeping late last night, without having the fruit snacks she had packed for her employer.

She looked like she badly needed rest and Jiyong couldn't keep quiet anymore. 

"Maybe you should take a day off?" he suggested.

"It's ok. Just have to get through today. Tomorrow weekend starts anyway." muttered Maya, as she got up to get ready for work without having completed her breakfast.

 

Jiyong had a variety show recording to do that day before proceeding to his studio. It was there that the receptionist rummaged through something on her table and ran towards Jiyong who was entering into his room.

"Jiyong shi, we tried calling you and your manager for a long time. Someone called Jason called and left a message for you. He said your wife collapsed in her office and she is in hospital right now. He has left a number for you!"

"What?? When did he call??" Jiyong fumbled in his pocket and found his mobile which had turned off because of no battery.

"About three hours back," meekly replied the young woman.

"Which hospital?" Jiyong shouted back as he ran past her.

 

Jiyong and his manager soon found the ICU room where Maya was admitted. Jason and a another female friend of hers, with whom Jiyong and Maya had once gone out for lunch with were waiting in the lounge near her room.

As soon as Jiyong approached the room, Jenny , her friend came towards him and gestured for him to follow her. 

Once they were a little away from the room, she turned towards Jiyong and asked, "What took you so long?"

"My mobile was off. I didn't get the message. How is she? What happened?" Jiyong asked in utter distress.

"She is stable now. The bleeding has stopped for now. But the doctors are not sure the baby will survive. I am sorry, Jiyong shi," Jenny patted his shoulders and left him alone.

Bleeding?? Baby .. baby won't survive?? Oh my god! He might not have wanted the baby.. but he didn't will it to die! 

What will he answer Maya if she lost the baby? Was it his disregard for the baby that was going to kill his baby?

 

As Jiyong walked once again towards his wife s room, this time it was Jason who stopped him outside.

"Dude. Don't! Maya.. she doesn't want to see you! I am sorry!" Jason sounded sincerely apologetic to the man standing before him.

"Why not? I am the one who should be there! " his sorrow turned to anger.

"Do you really want to talk about this now? She is sleeping now. Let her rest and get well. Maybe you guys can talk it out afterwards!" Jason tried to sound as understanding of the situation as possible.

"But by then my child might not be there anymore!" Jiyong screamed in agony.

"I didn't know you cared one way or another!" Jason gave a cold look and moved away from the door.