Chapter 03

The bold And The beauty

 

It has been two weeks since the marriage and they had hardly said more than a ten sentences to each other. 

Jiyong stayed in his dorm or at his agency most of the time, giving the excuse of their upcoming comeback.. 

Taeyang approached him one day after their practice.

"I am going home. What about you? " he asked as he packed his back. 

"No.. I think I will go to the dorm," Jiyong replied as he removed his sweat drenched tshirt.

"Jiyong ah, for how long are you going to play hide and seek with her?" 

"With who? I don't know what you are talking about!" Jiyong replied as he changed into a cleaner Shirt and packed up his things.

"Hyorin had lots of good things to say about her from the time they spent together at the marriage. Seems Maya was really respectful to your parents and sister."

"Hmmm.. " was the only reply as they both walked out of the dance studio. 

"Look, how long are you planning to mop over Dara? Can you please give this relationship a chance?" Taeyang stopped Jiyong with a hand on his shoulder as he said all that he had been wanting to say. 

Taeyang had never approved of Jiyong s obsession over Sandara. After what had happened three years back, he never thought Sandara would ever accept Jiyong s proposal. It was just Jiyong s guilty conscience that was making Jiyong propose to Sandara again and again.  

 

Ignoring all that Taeyang had told him, Jiyong drove to the cafe where Sandara had promised to meet him. He was finally able to convince her to meet him as he was desperate to see her. He knew if wasn't going to change anything in their relationship but he was still in denial about his marriage and he also wanted to know why Sandara never came to his wedding reception. It was just an excuse to see her one more time. His mind could comprehend that but not his heart!

After three hours of waiting for Sandara, a very frustrated and angry Jiyong called her only to reacher her voice mail. Once again , he felt humiliated by Sandara. But after attempting to call her for more than a dozen times, he finally got a message.

 

"Jiyong ah, I am sorry. Meeting you was never my plan. I just said so to get you off my back. Please don't call me or try to reach me. I will be disconnecting this number from now. Go back to your wife! Be a man she deserves. For once!"

 

Jiyong was in a depressed and stormy mood by the time he reached his apartment building. Only to see, his wife exiting the lift he was about to enter. 

Maya was bored to death staying in the apartment all by herself. On the one day she decided to go out for movie and dinner with her friends, Jiyong decides to come home early! 

"Going somewhere?" Jiyong asked just to break the awkward silence as he noticed her friends standing to one side of the lift. 

"Yea.. I was getting bored so thought of going to the movies and dinner. I am sorry I didn't know you would come home early," Maya replied. 

Jiyong gave a small nod as he got into the lift and left.

But just as the lift was closing, he heard a female friend of Maya ask, "Really? That's how you guys talk to each other?"

"You rejected Jason for him? You must be crazy! He seems like an !" retorted another female. 

The lift door closed to a shut before Jiyong heard his wife s reply. Not that he was interested,he told himself. 

There were fans who threw themselves at him willingly, he thought, while the one woman he really wanted couldn't bear to see him and the woman he married supposedly already had a more worthy suitor. 

 

It was 11pm by the time Maya reached home. After showering and changing into her pajamas, she strolled into the kitchen with a smile on her face, reminiscing of the wonderful time she had with her friends in a long while, only to come face to face with a very drunk Jiyong. 

For a second, Maya thought of turning around and returning back to her room when heard Jiyong.

"Had fun, did you?" he slurred as he walked towards her with a can of beer in his hand.

Looking anywhere but at him, wondering what exactly to say, Maya replied, "yea.. been long since I met them."

There was silence for some minutes and Maya wondered whether he had left the kitchen but as she looked up, she found him leaning against the kitchen island, observing her with his red eyes.

"Whose Jason?" his next question confirmed her fear that he had heard her friends' comments from their meeting near the lift.

"Oopa is just a friend," she answered quickly, as she took a step back and decided to go thirsty for the night and escape from there. 

There was a weird aura around Jiyong right then and her womanly instinct told her to run.

"I think I will go to sleep now, Jiyong Shi... Good night," Maya bowed slightly and got ready to sprint out of the room when she felt a firm hold on her wrist.

"Jiyong Shi, is it? And Jason is oppa?? I think we should change that!" he sneered as he pushed her against the wall and kissed her on her lips for all he was worth!