Chapter 27

The bold And The beauty

 

"Maya...Maya... come out now!!! Look at what your son has done!! Mayaaaa!!"

 

Maya sighed from inside the bathroom. She knew exactly why Jiyong was screaming his head off and refused to allow all the fuss he was making to disturb her little me time that she got.

Following his screaming with loud banging, Maya was left with no choice but to stomp out!

"Jiyong! Why is he my son every time he poops and your son when he acts all cute?" 

Jiyong was holding their son with both hands, stretched out and scrunching his face at the smells coming from his diapers. But the eight month old baby just found his father s reaction damn funny and thought it was all a game and the baby kicked both his legs and giggled, reaching out his chubby hands towards his mother.

Like everything else, Jiyong made even having a baby a fashion thing. He was very fond of taking his son everywhere in his baby carrier. His fans went crazy whenever they say the father and son duo anywhere. Even other idols were jealous at the ease with which Jiyong managed to make even the toughest of jobs look so cool.

Though his son resembled Jiyong a lot, as he grew some of his features seemed to have maya in it. Like his big brown eyes. The baby was a right mixture of east and west. 

 

Maya had returned back to work after her maternity leave, leaving behind her son with a nanny at home. Jiyong tried to do as much of his work from home so that his son had atleast one of his parent at home with him at all times.

Though maya appreciated all that Jiyong did for her and her son, she still wasn't sure if she should really believe Jiyong s love confessions before her delivery. Maybe he said all those things because she was having his baby! Maybe it was because she was giving something that his very precious Sandara refused to give him. She doubted that just like her parents, he wanted and valued her for something that was not her feelings. He probably felt indebted to her for his baby.

 

And there they were.. one person waiting for the other to make a move, to accept his love and the other, wanting to protect her heart, unwilling to let her feelings wonder..

Now that Jiyong s mother was back home, Maya slept with her son in her son s room and Jiyong didn't have the heart to ask her to move into his room. He needed to earn her trust and forcing her or rushing her won't do. 

 

One day, Maya came back to find Jiyong s mother home.

"Eomeonim? How are you? What a surprise??" Maya rushed forward to hug the woman who had become closer to her than her own mother ever was.

"Good!! Good!! Aigo!! You have become too thin, Maya!! Don't tell me you are on some stupid diet to lose the pregnancy weight like his sister did!!!"the old woman chided her daughter in law gently, engulfing her in a warm hug.

"No, no, eomonim. It's just that ever since I got back to work, things have become hectic!" Maya reasoned as she stepped back from the hug.

"I could take my mind off my little grandson!! I just had to come for a visit! Jiyong also told me that he has to go to Japan for a week, so I thought I will help you," the mother said as both the ladies made their way to the nursery.

It was only when she was there that maya realized that because of the surprise visit, Maya had not had time to shift all her things from the baby s room to Jiyong s. So far, Jiyong and Maya had never let on about any of their problems to the older couple not wanting to trouble them with their problems.

Worried and nervous, Maya knew that her mother in law must have already been to the nursery a dozen times atleast by now. Deep in thought about how to explain her things in the room, Maya opened the door to the nursery to see her son wide awake and her husband and son on the floor and on the tummies.

On seeing the two woman at the door, Jiyong sat up and picked his son up, wiping the drool pouring out of his mouth.

"You are back just in time, Maya. He just woke up and has been fussing the whole day!!" The father complained.

Maya sat down near the father son duo.

"Did you miss mommy?? Did you?? Did you??" Maya cooed as she tickled her son s belly with her nose.

She looked up and smiled at her husband, as she said, "He had been doing that a lot lately! Maybe he is teething? Hyorin unnie said it's time for his first teeth!"

Jiyong s mother joined them on the floor and took her grandson into her arms.

The eight month old active baby immediately went for the pearls around her neck, grabbing a handful and tried to stuff them into his mouth.

"Ah!! See.. he wants to eat everything!! I think you are right, Maya. See.. his gums are red and swollen! Have you started him on solids?" 

"Yes, omma. He has been having puréed avocados and bananas for nearly a month now!" Jiyong replied.

The old woman looked at her son in appreciation. She never expected him to be a hands on dad that he had become. Just when she had reached his house, she had found him putting his son to sleep with a bottle of expressed milk. When she had questioned about the need for maya to work, he had been very protective of her desire to be independent and that he was glad that she did, because it gave him time alone with his son. To say that Jiyong s mother was proud of her son would be an understatement .

"In that case, why don't we do this? Maya and Jiyong, you guys go out for dinner. I will take care of my little jiyongie here and rest," ever the observant omma, suggested to her son and daughter in law.

"Eomonim.. it's ok. We can all have dinner together here! I am sure you want to spew s some time with Jiyong too before he goes to Japan." Maya tried to reason. It had been a long time since she spent time alone with Jiyong and that was fine with her. Left alone with him, she was worried she might let her guard down and things will get awkward and complicated for them. Jiyong being just her baby s father worked well for her.

"No! No! I think both of you need this time out to get out of the house without worrying about the baby and relax. And why would I miss Jiyong when I have my little jiyongie with me?? Go! I insist!! Jiyong s sister used to go out for dates all the time with her husband, leaving the kids with us!!"

"Thanks Omma!!" Jiyong hugged his mom and got up.

He dragged Maya out of the room, holding her wrist and once the door to the nursery was closed, he turned around and wriggled his eyebrows at her.

"What?? Is this all your plan to go out? " Maya whispered angrily.

Jiyong poured and looked disappointed for a second before replying, "Arent you going to thank me for cleaning up your things and moving them to our bedroom??"

"Oh! That!! I totally forgot! Did you know before hand that eomonim was coming?" Maya looked at him doubtfully.

"Not exactly. She called me after you left for work and asked me how Long I was leaving for Japan. When I asked her why she said she intended to keep you company till I return. It sounded good so I didn't stop her from coming! Come on, Maya! You need a break too!"

"But.. Drago.." Maya stuttered as her eyes landed on the door of the nursery, refusing to let go of her Son to someone else.

"He will be fine!! Omma used to take care of my Nephew and Niece all the time when they were babies and I promise we will come back as soon as possible!" He promised.

Maya sighed and walked towards the master bedroom. Her back was to Jiyong so she probably could not see him jump up and punch the air in joy.

 

Finally they managed to have dinner at a quiet and secluded restaurant that specialised in all of Maya s Favourite things. Jiyong and Maya were back home and in their bedroom. Maya removed her dangling earrings and met Jiyong s eyes in the mirror.

"Thanks a lot for bringing me here, Jiyong! I really needed this!" Maya gave her most brightest smile and thanked her Husband.

Jiyong felt touched. He hadn't done that many things for Maya and hoped this would be a start. 

"If you would let me, I want to do a lot of things for you, Maya! But I am scared because of my past mistakes, you wouldn't give me another chance!" Jiyong decided to pour out his heart now that he has the chance.

Maya was slightly taken aback at the turn this conversation was taking!

"It's not that I don't want to give another chance, Jiyong. But .. I have someone else to think of now! I don't ever want to my Son to get hurt with whatever happens to us after our fifth year anniversary. We might as well go our separate ways and ..."

Tears welled up in Maya s eyes.

"Our son!! Do you think I will really do anything to hurt him?? I really do love you and our Son, Maya. Why is that so hard for you to believe?" Jiyong didn't want to raise his voice, because he didn't want to wake his Son and Mother up.

Jiyong held her eyes in the mirror as he watched a single tear fell from her eyes and made its way down her cheeks. 

Jiyong couldn't restrain himself anymore. He strode forward and turned Maya around. He held her face in both hands and brought his lips to hers. 

"Maya, please don't cry! I promise to never hurt you! Just.. just don't cry! I can't stand it, " Jiyong whispered against her lips.

The one kiss turned to two to a hundred kiss as Maha felt herself returning each one of them. 

Without breaking contact, joking guided Maya to the bed and was soon hovering over her as he lifted his head and said breathlessly, "I love you so much!!"  His hands went to the back of Maya s dress dropping at the top of her zipper. His eyes looked deep into her eyes. 

Maya knew what jiyong was asking. He wanted to know if she wanted the same thing he did. To make love.

She knew that if thought too much about it, she would stop this glorious moment from happening. She wanted to live for now. This moment when she could see the love in Jiyong s eyes. She didn't want to think of all the Hou sand doubts she had about their future.

With a subtle agreeing murmur, Maya tugged at his shirt , lifting it over his head, bringing his glorious lean muscles with its tattoos to her sight. 

With light kisses around , jaw and neck, Jiyong quickly drew the attention away from his hands which were busy disposing off all the clothes that were obstacles.

Maya suddenly became too conscious of her post pregnancy body and tried to hide it. But her Husband wouldn't have it. He held her hands and looked at her and whispered, "You are beautiful! You have nothing to hide from me!"

"It's.. I .. I have m..marks on my tummy and my breats.." Maha stammered.

"Trust me, I have been waiting to catch a glimpse of those for too long!!" Jiyong said as he kissed each of them.

"And all this just reminds me of the wonder that we call our son! It would never look anything but beautiful to me!!!"