Chapter 19

The bold And The beauty

 

Jiyong found Maya chewing on a dry toast at the dining table the next morning. Looking up at him, shed smiled and asked, "Good morning! Would you like me to ask the maid to cook something for you?"

Jiyong ignored her and moved around her to get milk from the fridge. 

Maya just shrugged and continued chewing on her bread. 

He continued doing his things as she wasn't there in the house with him. Maya tried many time to make small conversations with him, but he gave her a cold shoulder.

Finally, Maya couldn't handle it anymore. 

"Seriously , Jiyong? You are going to ignore me now?? For how long?"

"Till you give respect to my feelings!! Till I become your first priority!" Jiyong burst out.

"You are!! Why does my killing this baby mean I give you priority!?? This is your baby as well, Jiyong!" with tears in her eyes, Maya went closer to Jiyong.

"Because you don't understand that being a good Father and a good idol is impossible. You saw for yourself how easily idols are manipulated as long as it benefits the agency! How do you think it will affect a child if he has a parent involved in such scandals?" Jiyong refused to look at Maya and turned his face away as he poured out his feelings. "Maya, my career is my first priority in life! I have undergone and faced a lot of challenges to come where I am and I am not ready to give it all up just for the sake of a child. I will do what it takes to stay on the top and sacrifice whatever I have to! Sandara was right! I am not meant to be father not because I can't, but because I don't have any interest in it! My aim is higher! I want to be more successful than anyone in Korean entertainment industry!! And this child will just be my weakness! Why, even our marriage was for me to climb the social ladder!"

His thoughtless words caused Maya to take a step back in shock. 

"Maybe you married me for social reasons, but hasn't things changed now? Don't we like each other enough to put our differences aside and learn to love each other?" Maya tried to console herself as she stammered for some kind of confirmation from her Husband.

"Maybe.. but this is so far I am ready to go. A child just complicates things. If.. if things don't work out, I don't want to be responsible for another human being?" Jiyong raved on.

"B..But having a ..ba..a.. child will only cement climb further! And you said you weren't ready now! That we could have them later!!" Maya stammered in disbelief.

"Maya.. I .. I was just lying.. I don't want a baby and that's the end of it. If you plan of having one, I am sorry but that's the end of our marriage !" he replied. 

Jiyong continued , "I am so sorry to hurt you, Maya. But I am not confident to commit myself to a kid or a person for lifelong. You deserve someone who does. I entered into the marriage thinking of it as a short term agreement and didn't mean to get emotionally involved! But things happened. I hope you will abort the baby and wait till the end of the prenup agreement and find yourself a better man after our divorce! "

Maya was too shocked to think of a reply! 

It looked like Jiyong had already planned of disposing her off even before they got started with their life! 

Undaunted, Maya looked at him as she said with a quiver in her voice, "Looks like you have already made term plans! I won't interrupt ! Unlike you, I had stared to believe that maybe we had a chance at this marriage. I guess I was wrong. Please let me know if you want me to stay here or leave and also if you would acknowledge the child as your own or not. I have my own plans to make!" 

Maya turned around and left the house, closing the door quietly after her. 

 

After Maya left, Jiyong sat here with tears streaming down his face. He knew he had become a coward from all the relationships he had before. That more than trusting the other party, he didn't trust himself! 

Every woman he had had a relationship with before had needed something from him, be it money or fame. But Maya entered his life having experienced both. She had come to him because of the misplaced obligation she had for her parents thinking she was the reason for their beloved heir, her Brother s death. She had come expecting nothing. Jiyong wanted to give this marriage a chance, he really did.

But once he came to know of her pregnancy, all his previous insecurities came rushing back to him to haunt him.