Chapter 11

The bold And The beauty

 

It was immediately after the program ended did Maya see Sandara for the first time. Since she was not well acquainted with the kpop idol world she smiled politely to the group of women in the restroom when she went to avail the facility, not recognising one of them to be Sandara as the latter stared daggers at her.  

It was when she was locked inside a commode, when she happened to hear the woman talking about her.

"Sandara unnie, is that oppa s wife?" came a high pitched voice. 

The restroom was very quiet for a few seconds as Maya  heard someone walk away before she heard another voice answer, "shh.. be careful of what you talk. See.. now you have hurt unnie. I heard that all this is an act. To get financial help from her family. Once YG regains stability, oppa will divorce her. I heard he himself said so!" Though the young woman tried to say this as quietly as possible, Maya could clearly hear everything. 

It hurt Maya immensely but her heart fought with her mind which was trying to be logical about all this. Nothing the girl said was something new to Maya. In fact, she had consoled herself saying the same things the other day so the fact that Jiyong believes the same shouldn't after her so much. But it did! It did a lot. 

The past few days had been going on so well. She had even thought that Jiyong wanted to give her a chance at making things work. Maybe she was wrong. She was so confused as she exited the restroom. 

 

After sending off his parents home, Jiyong guided Maya to a restaurant where s were waiting for them. 

After the introduction, the members made space for Maya , near Jiyong as they watched the couple with amusement. 

It was not like they had never bought their girlfriends to meet their members, but none of them had expected their leader to actually get married any time in the future and seeing him with a ring on his finger as he sat with his wife felt unreal to them all.

All until Seungri and Daesang decided to do something about the awkwardly polite conversation going around by telling quirky backstage stories, which resulted in everyone breaking out into laughter. 

As time went by, Maya noticed that everyone were getting more and more drunk with soju while she still hadn't finished her first glass of wine. She wasn't a big fan of alcohol and accepted the wine just for the sake of being polite. 

As the drinks disappeared inside them, so did the modesty act and soon Jiyong and Maya were teased to moon and back with lots of ual innuendos. 

Jiyong watched  as Maya blushed at all the jokes directed at them. Though he tried to stop the boys, they were on a roll today. 

Just as the time came for them to leave, Seungri suddenly suggested they all take a photo with their leader and his wife.

Tactless as he is, seungri insisted on Jiyong putting his hands around Maya s shoulder , as the couple posed for the snap. Maya squirmed in uncomfortableness. Her discomfort was clearly seen on her face as she hurriedly excused herself to the restroom immediately after the photo, causing all the members to wonder what had happened for her to hurry away. They all returned to their places each giving inquisitive glances towards Jiyong as they prepared to leave. Jiyong felt very hurt and humiliated infront of s of all people. 

 

Their once comfortable silence returned back to back to its uneasy state. As soon as they reached home, Maya tried to out as much distance between them as possible so that she can calm her mind and fluttering heart.

"I really enjoyed your show. It was amazing. Thanks a lot for inviting me, Jiyong," Maya muttered as she started to walk towards her room. 

"Quit the act, Maya!" Jiyong s accusing voice stopped her in her track, though.

"Sorry?" she turned around to meet his glare, confused about the sudden change in attitude.

Was in the alcohol talking? Or did he get courage from it? Jiyong didn't want to analyze it further. Today he wanted to let her know what he has been in his heart for sometime. 

"I mean we are husband and wife for heavens sake. What's with all this formality? I already feel like a guy forward stuck in the friend zone. I don't want to be just a friend. I want to be your husband," Jiyong ranted.

"What do you mean? " Maya looked at him with fear and accusation in her eyes.

Jiyong knew what images were flashing across Maya s mind right then.

"If you think I am talking about physical contact, yes, I am talking about hat too! I agree I did something really bad to you once but I have already apologized for it and promised you that I won't touch you inappropriately ever again. What more do you want?" Jiyong exploded.

"Jiyong, I think you are drunk. Maybe we should talk about this tomorrow,"  sighed Maya as she tried to leave the place once more. 

Jiyong marched angrily to stand infront of Maya and blocked her way. He gave her a very predatory glare before continuing, "No, I want to talk now. I am fed up of being manipulated by everyone! You didn't come into my life as a friend or a lover. Your role in my life is to be a wife. What if I want you to play that role now? Huh? You can act as a good daughter in law to my parents but what about their son? Huh?" 

"So what do you want me to do? " Maya demanded as she felt her temper raising. 

"You want me to sleep with you? Have a child with you? So that your duty to your company is done? Is that it? Ok.. let's do it," she continued, daring Jiyong to do what she thought he wanted. 

"What kind of person do you think I am? I made a mistake once like I said before. And I have learnt my lesson. I won't touch you unless you come to me voluntarily. I have done a lot to show to you that I want to take this relationship seriously! But you.. you refuse to even acknowledge it!!" Jiyong seethed.

"Are you sure it's not all an act?" Maya countered.

"I am not even going to answer that! This shows how low you actually think of me! You know what? Think whatever you want! But for the next five years, you are stuck with me, baby! Whether you want it or not, I am your husband and you are my wife!! The faster you learn to accept it the easier it is going to be for you. Because I am not going to let you make me a fool of myself like all the other woman before you!!" roared Jiyong.