Chapter 24

The bold And The beauty

C

Just as Jiyong approached Maya s hospital room, Jason came out of the room. 

Jiyong made a show of clearing his as he waited for Jason to notice him.

When he did, Jiyong gave him a hostile look before saying, " I never thanked you! For being there for Maya yesterday! Thanks a lot!"

Jason shook his head and smiled, replying, "You don't need to thank me! It is my duty as much as yours to take care of Maya. I know her better and for longer than you do and maybe you ever will. Since you seem to be making some effort here, I am not going to disturb you two today. At the end of the day I want Maya happy and if you can't keep her that way, I will!"

"Is that an open threat?" Jiyong glared at him.

"Assume whatever you want .. I just want you to know that I am always watching and waiting for her! Take care of her. I will visit later in the evening." Jason his heals and walked his six foot athletic frame out of Jiyong s sight.

 

Jiyong entered the room and watched Maya lying sideways with her eyes closed. Jiyong slipped his hands into Maya s free ones and bought it to his lips and kissed the back of her palm. Seeing that Naya continued sleeping, Jiyong slowly took his other hand and gently placed on the small bump of her tummy.

He couldn't feel any movement and didn't know if it was still too early for that. 

After a long time of watching his Wife s peaceful face as she slept, Jiyong got up quietly and exited the room.

He called his parents the first. As soon as he told his Mom that he was going to be a Father soon, she started sobbing uncontrollably in happiness as did his father.

Next were his group members. Taeyang was the first to call him and congratulate him, happy to be entering into fatherhood at around the same time. TOP also seemed to be happy for him. It was seungri and Daesang who seemed stunned in surprise that all of a sudden their group members were getting married and having children! Jiyong promised to treat them all to dinner once Maya was safe at home.

Throughout Maya s stay at the hospital, Jiyong was by her side. Jason and her other friends visited but they decided to leave the couple to themselves for the most part. Jiyong s Mom and Sister were also frequent visitors and his mom decided to stay with the couple for a couple of weeks to cook and care for Maya till she recovered well enough.

"Ah.. but Jiyong scared me like this when I was pregnant with him as well!! Really!! We had a small shop then and suddenly I had severe stomach pain and started bleeding. My Mother stayed with us then so she helped me and I was ok after a few days!! Ah.. like Father like Son.. "

Smiling politely at all the stories the elderly woman was saying about her son s childhood, Maya eyes found their way to Jiyong. He was laughing along with his Mother and seemed genuinely happy these days. 

 

Once again , Maya was forced to stay in the same bedroom with Jiyong because his Mom was staying with them. It almost felt as if Jiyong called his Mom on purpose every time he wanted to force Maya to sleep with him!

Maya was standing infront of the mirror in the bathroom after her shower. She had just finished all her night routine but was still reluctant to get out of the room into the bedroom where she knew Jiyong waited. 

"Mayaaa.. you can't stay inside all night! I need to use the bathroom. Come out!!" He bellowed. Maya closed her eyes and sighed before unlocking the door.

As soon as she entered the bedroom, her eyes roamed around the room trying to find her husband. But before she could actually spot him, a pair of hands wrapped around her stomach pulling her into a hard chest as Jiyong placed a quick kiss on his Wife s cheeks.

Caught off guard, Maya stood rooted to the spot with her eyes wide. Jiyong released his hold on her and walked into the bathroom, saying " I will leave the door open.. in case you want to come in and help me.. you know.." he smirked at the shocked expression on her face.

"Seriously? I am pregnant! You can't talk to me like that!!" Maya snapped at him.

"Didnt you listen to what the doc said? is fine as long as you are comfortable! Of course that's if you want to! Believe me when I say, it never crossed my mind!"

Jiyong put on a fake shocked expression on his face and winked at her. 

"Oh please.. you used me just for free !"snarled Maya.

"I have many woman who will have with me just because if who I am, Maya. I don't invest my feelings in them. But with you, we made love! It was not just !" Jiyong said softly never once breaking eye contact with her, before shutting the door.

 

Jiyong was happy at the way things have been proceeding the last few days. Maya seems not to be averse to him. Maybe it was because his mom was always around. Then he should talk to her and keep her with them for a few more days. Till he is able to convince her completely of his feelings for her.

Maya was already asleep by the time Jiyong finished his bath. He lay down facing his wife and gazed loving at the woman before him. She was his miracle. She was there to replace the emptiness in his heart. He promised himself that he will never betray her trust and will cherish her forever.

 

When Maya woke up the next morning, she found herself cuddled up in the arms of her husband. Her bottom leg was in between both his legs while her other leg lay on top. They lay facing each other and she was snuggled cozily into his chest with her tummy nestled just below his. They had both kicked the blanket off, warm enough with their shared body heat.

Without wanting to wake Jiyong, Maya managed to untangle herself from him, and looked at her husband from the foot of the bed. 

He made falling in love with him so easy when he made an effort. But once was enough, Maya decided. She was not going to fall for him again. She was not a thing to be had at whim!! And neither was her child. She promised to protect her child from even his father if need be. No child should be made to feel as if he or she was a mistake and that was the first thing her husband had felt about her baby! Why was he acting so happy all of a sudden? How could she trust him? Whatever the reason was, she wasn't going to let her baby be a pawn in her husband s game!