Artworks

More then an Omega

“For this period you will have free time until... five o’ clock. It’s three thirty now- you have an hour and a half.” I raised my hand

“Can I be excused during the time?” The teacher looked at me smiling nervously.

“Of course... Just come back to class at 5 exact.” I nodded and walked out the class as everyone glared at me. Omega or not I still received the favoritism of most of the teachers because of my last name. Usually I wouldn't use that to my advantage, because I honestly hated it... That name... But I just felt suffocated. Everywhere. I went to my spot and laid down, this time the cat never came to see me.

"Was she upset that I didn't go with her to the rose garden..." I pouted, throwing a pebble into the nearby pond. After that a walked slowly to the cave mouth and sat with a dejected feeling.

“It must be still with that man I saw earlier, the one from the garden... Who was that? I tried to remember what his face looked like and I jolted up. Was that Alpha Hongbin?! I had ran away earlier? What was I thinking?! An Alpha was talking to me and as an Omega I had to stay put but I RAN AWAY. I laid down one more kicking my legs up in total frustration.

Not only had I run off. I had run off from Lee Hongbin. He was in that group of Alpha’s I had always heard about... Not to mention the hottest Alpha ever. I groaned loudly, more embarrassed with how much of a loser I must have looked to him I rolled back and forth on the grass hoping it would swallow me whole.

When 4:40 came I left my spot and began to walk back, all the while looking for Mina along the way. When I couldn’t find her, I sighed and kept on going back to the school. Lessons would finish at seven anyways because of the tests this week. I was fine. When it turned to seven as everyone was leaving for the day the teacher asked me to stay back.

“Y-yes…” She looked at me cheerfully.

“Mr. Cha. I’d like to make a request of you- not only as a teacher but as a member of the board. I would like for you to design and then paint a painting for the school. My eyes grew wide. Not only out of shock but out of fear as well. My mother hated my drawing skills.
When I was younger, I wished to be a painter; I was even awarded in school many a times for it. I had hoped to make lots of money from it far away from the family- in fact even now I hoped when I ran off my art could be my source of income. However the one time Seo Min decided to enter the same drawing contest as me and I had won, my mother beat me senseless when I got home. She broke all my art supplies and burned all my pictures.

However, Ironically, because my talent was already known to the public because I had won in a state contest, my father had no choice but to decide to give me proper lessons. However the memory of my mother doing that to me stayed in my memory forever and I never competed again. I never drew my art for prize or for recognition. The countless pictures I drew all hung up in my room like a museum. And the ones I let the public see again we're never my best pieces unless father wished to show off again. I hadn't drawn anything since entering this school either.

“W-Why me…” She smiled at me.

“No need to be modest, when everyone on the board was discussing where to buy a painting from, you father so graciously told me you’d do it.” I felt myself start to sweat. If father had spoken then...I had to...but...

“Sure Mrs. John.” I bowed to her and left. When I got home I threw my bag on my bed and went to my walk-in. There I the light, laid on the carpeted floor and looked to the ceiling I had painted to look like a summer sky. I stretched out my hand and stared at it. How long had it been since I had been in the mood to paint? But If I didn’t make this perfectly I’d become more of a disgrace to my family then I already was.

I got up and went back into the room. While I was studying a harsh knocking noise could be heard from the door. I stood up briskly and bowed to father.

“I imagine your teacher told you about the painting you must do for the school. They need it by the next two weeks so if you’re not studying I expect you to be painting.” I nodded to him and once he left I took a deep breath. He didn’t even expect me to eat? This was typical.

I did just that however, before school I took a run then went to paint. After school I rushed home to study then paint. I ate snacks while I painted instead of full meals. In my painting room I felt at peace because I only ever saw my family as a passing moment. I was sure my lack of presence was a huge relief to them as well.

When I was done I arranged for the large panels I had painted to be moved to the school. In total I had painted 6 panels. Every panel was the same night sky, everything in the same place; however every panel represented a different phase of the moon. The day they were to move the paintings while I was there to oversee everything. However my other and sister insisted on coming as well. My sister even fixing a spot on one of the canvas' she said was not 'dark enough'. Though I didn't wish for them to be near me I let them do what they pleased until the panels were hung right in the inside of the school entrance. I looked at my work and smiled genuinely to myself while my mother and sister sneered at the large painting saying that it was 'Mediocre'.

Over the weekend I alone showcased the fully dry and fully assembled piece to the principal of the school, giving her a smile or absolute content.

“Where is your signature?” The dean looked at the pictures bottom and I pointed to it. In the farthest right and smallest corner of each panel I had drawn a simple star with an N inside. I bowed deeply to her and went back to arranging everything. I had also begged the dean not to mention that the paintings were by me. To avoid them being destroyed or damaged in anger it was better not to...

“Just say that they were donated by the Cha family. If anyone asks the painter in question would like to remain anonymous.” She nodded.
 

That Monday due to not eating full meals for the past two weeks I seems that had grown slightly weaker than usual. Not wanting any kind of yelling or beating from my father for skipping out on class I didn’t head to the nurses office, instead I went out into the school field for some fresh air. When I did I felt even dizzier, so dizzy that I stumbled a bit however a hand caught me before I could fall all the way down. Looking up at the person it felt like dejavu...Or rather a foreboding....