Studying Escape

More then an Omega

“Are you okay?” I looked at the man standing above me but the ringing in my ear made my vision blurry.

“Can you walk?” Seeing that I was unable to help myself he helped me stand up, leaning my body weight against his frame. I blushed slightly never having been so close to any males outside my family and tried to get my bearings. 

“I-I’m good.” -Which didn't work cause he had to hold onto me again.

“You’re obviously not. Come to the nurse’s office with me.” He grabbed my hand and put it over his shoulder, helping me to the nurse’s office. When we got there the teacher happened to be in. She bowed politely to the man and looked at me in shock.

“Alpha Jaewhan… and Hakyeon?” Jaewhan helped me bow along me with him... I could hardly hear what they were discussing...

The man put me down on the nearest bed gently, lifting up my feet so I'd rest properly then taking my hand causing me to flinch slightly.

“Could you help him please? I think his ribs are hurting.” Jaewhan gently touched my side with made me jump.

“S-Sure Alpha Jaewhan…” ALPHA Jaewhan?! What was he even? How? He left in a hurry as the bell rang. The nurses office was near the Omega territory of the school so it was probably further then his own classes. But...


After he left, I couldn't help it when I felt my jaw slacken my. How did I manage to get help from an Alpha of all things? How the hell did he find me? Sure the Omega bathrooms are near the exit/ entry way for the other side of the school but literally no one was out of class yet and it wasn't like I was very noticeable behind the lockers...

If this got out somehow my brother, my sister- surely everyone would accuse and ridicule me. The very last thing I wanted was for father to claim that I was- Yet again, disgracing the Cha name. The more I thought about it, the sicker I became. Putting my now, not so blurry vision to rest and throwing the covers over my head for some much needed darkness.

After the nurse gave me some aspirin, I left the office since I had the nurses note I decided that it was fine to miss my last class of the day- French. The nurse had given me a note of excuse but I just thanked her and left. If she had seen the bruises I had outside of my vision she’d most likely call my father. And if she contacted my father, I’d receive more bruises. I knew much better than to let anyone see how worthless I really was.

As I was doing before I looked in my locker and saw my bento, remembering that I had skipped lunch so when I took it out I secretly went to the back of the school as usual. Once I was there, inside the dense forest bed, the cat Ihad perilously made friends with was waiting for me it seemed. I bowed apologetically.

"I'm sorry, did you wait very long?" Af if she understood me, she rubbed against me and purred.. Recently I saw the cat every day and we had formed a bond. I sat next to it and propped up against the large bolder.

“So today, I met Alpha Jaewhan for the first time…Well should I say second? I attended his birthday dinner when I was little and I met him there but I haven’t seen him since… I actually didn’t even realize he went here…” I thought he went to a private school…

I wasn't very aware of the things outside of myself, it was a tactical approach. Greet the men and woman your parents wished for you to meet, avoid the gates of those who looked and bear with the pain in order to avoid embarrassing the family more. After the events of that party, I like a mantra I followed my approach. I didn't engage with anything I didn't have a right to and the more I kept to myself the safer I was.

The cat meowed at me softly,bringing me back from me memories by coming close to my hand so I could pet it. I laughed and it looked at me.

“Your such a cute cat… What should I call you?” I petted her back then noticed her collar. Right on her tag the name Yuna was engraved.

“Yuna? Did your master give you that name?” As if she understood she meowed at me again, purring under my touch. It was honestly the first time in a while that something had been so close to me...allowing me near it...

When my lunch was finished, I packed up my containers and headed back to school. Feeling worse than ever... but also better because I had told Yuna about my day. She quietly listened as well. Even if it was a cat, and even if it was weird, I was happy to have a friend to listen to me.

I went inside the almost abandoned school to get some books from my locker, I also rang to the bathroom closest to me, trying to hurry up before my ride got there and they left me. However when I got inside the bathroom the pungent smell of smoke invaded my nose and a dreaded scene appeared before my eyes.

“Get away runt.” My sister and a friend were smoking inside the Omega boys bathroom. I quickly left the bathroom and bumped into my brother.

“Beat it.” He growled at me. I whimpered at the harshness of his voice and ran away until I could no longer see the school. I texted my father that since I was at the nurse earlier in the day that I was going to study more and ran to the nearest café. Sitting down at the window and looking outside at the setting sun. This was a familiar cafe yet no one knew the real me here. No one bothered me here and no one cared to look for me here.

(A.N Seriously I hate them little twats grrrrr... Wven writing out their scenes makes me mad lmfao)

/Flashback/

"Father, Can I go on the field trip to visit the othe world with my brother? Please? Please~!" My father looked from his papers down to where I had tippy-toed onto the ledge of his office table.

"No." he glared at me so harshly I still remember the feeling my my throat getting clogged and my prompt exit. It wasn't only then either- when was little I was allowed to go to events and things my family did but I was never given any toys. Rather it seemed like anything I wanted was given to my older siblings. I wanted a bike my sister got one in blue and pink, the piano lessons I asked for my father gave my sister, my brother was gifted a taekwondo set while I had to find out that the sole reason I was not taught with the others was not because it was a private lesson but because my brother found me embarrassing...

After learning of it, I stopped wanting things, since it was a fruitless endeavor. My siblings made fun of me over it and gloated at the things they had while I lived with the things I could make myself. Finally one day I cried to my mother in frustration, after not seeing her for over two years and she sat me down across from her in her room. With no lights on and only the daylight shining through the curtains she looked at me in my face and explained to me that because I had ruined the Cha family, I simply didn’t deserve to share the love my siblings did. That instead of crying like 'a spoiled brat' I should instead be thankful. That the one thing father did give me was money. His reason was that no Cha could ever be caught or seen penniless in any situation.

And so, at 5 years of age, I decided to save up the money I had been so grateful to receive. To save it all up, until I had ebough to run away and to never be caught. Since he loved to over-extend his power and reach he often gave me much more then I needed. And I saved it all.

I took out my phone and looking into a note I had titled 'Un-Yeong', there I had a list of the cash I saved daily, before it was always in a notebook, however this method was safer and closer.

Right now I had around 20 million won saved up. No one, not even the maids knew I had that money. It wasn’t in a bank, or else father would find it and re distribute it to my siblings. It wasn’t in a place where others could find it either. If a maid found it and stole it I could hardly tell on them. They would get punished and I’d never see any money ever again. So I hid it inside of some trash bags, in a hollow part of my wall, inside my closet. The compartment I had made on my own was under the seat nearest to the bathroom.

/Ends/

The next day after a run and some at home studying I decided to go to the same cafe I had went to yesterday. It was the weekend and my father didn't care much for where I went either. I avoided my siblings carefully though since they often tried to make my life hell whenever they saw me. When I got to the café I went straight in and ordered a latte and went outside to wait. It was still cold out but I didn’t mind at all. In fact the cold would wake me up, I should probably study anyways.

The manager brought the latte out to me himself and bowed to me. He must have seen that I was a Cha yesterday since I had ran in with no covering. A face with a name that brought with it status and meaning with in the wolf communities. Even if it was fake, even if I knew it was fake, and even if I screamed it was fake who would believe me. Deciding this would my last time here, since I'd been discover I bowed my head to thank him for all this time and went back to my studies. I stayed there for a few hours then called my driver to bring me home.

Onthe way back I sadly looked at the cafe. I would miss their lattes...