Fire

The Luckiest Girl ( a BTS fanfiction)

 

A/N: I don't really know exactly how this story progressed from being the fluffiest of fluffs to... this. I am shocked myself. Lol please love me still.

Anyway, here you go!

*jumps off a cliff*

*actually has a parachute*

 

 


 

Sehun and his friends went home rather hurriedly and awkwardly, even contemplating to say goodbye to us before leaving. I think they are actually nice guys; it's just too bad that we crossed paths at the wrong time and for all the wrong reasons.

Just before the boys and I head home ourselves, they lined up in front of me like cadet officers right outside the diner. They all look so worried and pissed off and confused and tired from everything that has happened since yesterday. I am a wreck myself, but I'm trying my hardest not to let them know that I'm in the verge of breaking down any minute as I don't want them to worry, atleast not more than they already do.

 

I'm sick of this. I don't want anyone to worry about me. Not my parents, not my brothers, not my friends. 

 

I made a mistake. I was so desperate to find a girl friend in school to compensate for the bullying that I've been through, thinking that it's the only thing that would make me feel like I'm myself again. I was always around girls for almost half of my life, and when I entered high school my world drastically changed. Suddenly I became this lone girl who got bullied by all of her girl classmates for hanging out with the "coolest" boys in campus.

 

Like, how stupid is that?!

 

I miss the feeling of having a girl friend, and so when Jennie came... I became so attached to her. She reminded me of my old life -- the one that didn't involve boys, or girls bullying girls, or trying to fit in.

Jennie made me feel like I've got a friend in her, like I could trust her, and so I did. 

Now I've realized that that was the problem. I was too attached to her that I became too trusting. I missed a lot of signs: the way she'd always subtly tell me to not hang out with the boys or do anything school-related ("Let's have some girl time, just you and me! You can hang out with them later." "Are you sure you want to sit with them? Let's sit at the other table." "Let's go to the mall first! That homework can wait!"), or that one time that she ignored me the whole day when Taehyung bought me breakfast, or when she got super pissy at me when Taehyung lent me his uniform because someone threw chocolate milk on me...

 

She was like a friend to me. She was nice. She even defended me when I was being bullied. She made me think that my life has not changed after all.

 

Or so I thought.

 

 

"Is there anything we could do for you, Nica?" Jimin finally spoke.

I was looking down and intently avoiding their gaze, gripping tightly at the straps of my backpack. I just nodded, eyes still on the concrete pavement because I swear I'm gonna sob like a little kid again if I ever look any one of them in the eye, "I just want to go home. I'm tired."

Taehyung held me by the shoulders and gently rubbed them, "Are you sure?"

I replied with a fake but supposedly convincing smile, eyes still low, "Let's go home. It's been a long day." I then sighed and raised my head. Nica, don't cry. You've done enough crying today, "Since you're all here, I just want to say that I'm so sorry. The last thing I wanted was to make you guys worry about me. I am fine, really. I'm just tired and I guess I still have hangover from last night so I'm dying to sleep." I even faked a chuckle to spice up my acting, "Thank you for being here. For everything. I wouldn't have survived yesterday and today without you, guys."

Hoseok-oppa, smiled sheepishly at me and said, "I wish we could have done more for you, Nica. I hate seeing you suffer and not being able to do anything." His smile was still bright, but his eyes were sad and wary.

Even my Mr. Sunshine and Good Vibes is feeling down today because of me. Ugh.

God, tears. Tears are coming!!! I turned my back on them and started walking away to shake my nerves and force myself not to cry. When I felt like I'm composed enough, I faced them, "You've done enough. Now, let's go home. See you tomorrow." I sniffed, forcing liquids back to my eyes and nose if possible, and smiled at them.

They didn't argue anymore. It's either my acting made them believe that I'm really fine and that they don't have to worry about you or my acting was so bad that they just let me be. Or maybe they are just too tired to deal with me altogether.

Namjoon and Yoongi-oppa followed me, and the others said their goodbyes and went on their way.

I was silent the whole time we were walking home. I maintained two paces behind my brothers who were busy talking about stuff that I don't really know about and was too distracted to even pay attention. I think it's about a rap battle of some sort? From time to time they would ask me random things and I would just nod or smile and occasionally answer.

When we got home, I rushed to my room and locked the door. I quickly changed into my pajamas and laid on my bed. I also turned off my phone so no one could disturb me as I need silence to process everything.

My brothers both knocked and asked if I needed anything, but I ignored them and just pretended that I was sleeping. I didn't even bother going downstairs to get something to eat as I don't feel like eating.

 

I don't feel anything, to be honest.

 

Today, to state the obvious, has been the worst day of my life. I woke up with the worst hangover (Is it still called a hangover even if it's not the result of drinking too much alcohol?), my brothers and guy friends got mad at me and gave me the silent treatment all morning because of it, I got called to the Principal's office for alleged cheating and I almost failed that subject if it wasn't for Jungkook who came and saved me, we almost got reported for making a scene at the diner because Yoongi-oppa just punched a complete stranger -- which is not really a stranger because I actually met him and sadly flirted with him last night -- and to top it all off, I just found out that I got drugged at that same damn night.

 

Jennie drugged me last night.

 

There. I freaking said it.

When Sehun told me that it can't be alcohol who made me that wild and clueless last night, my knees started shaking. 

I only had one drink the entire night, and I wasn't really planning on drinking anything because we have that test the day after and my brothers would kill me if they knew that I was out drinking with strangers in a party that I didn't even know who organized.

 

But then Jennie convinced me to drink.

 

I was completely conscious when she handed me that "tequila shot". She had left me for a while after telling me that she saw a friend that she needed to say hi to, and so I was standing awkwardly by the edge of the dance floor looking all confused and obviously out of place. When she came back, she had shot glasses on her hands. She then told me to drink up and I was hesitant to have it at first 'cause hello I just turned 16 and I've never had a drink in my life and what if I'm really allergic to alcohol and something bad happen? but she told me "it's just a drink", that "everyone drinks when there's a party" and I'm 16 already so it's okay and "I need to trust her on this."

 

And so I did.

I trusted her.

 

I can still picture the smile on her face when I took the shot glass on his right hand and drank the blue, bitter liquid that was in it.

That evil smile of hers was the last thing that I completely remember before everything went blank.

 

 

Why would she do that? We were friends, right? She was the only girl friend I have in school and I stood up for her when the boys clearly told me that they hated her. I even got mad at them because of her!

It doesn't make sense. Jennie has been nothing but a sweet friend to me. What have I done wrong, so wrong, that she dragged me to that god-forsaken party and drugged me? 

We're in high school! High school students are expected to sleep in class, take too long on breaks, be late for school, cut classes, pull pranks on each other, avoid doing homework, and a lot of other things.

BUT TO PUT A DATE DRUG ON YOUR CLASSMATE'S DRINK?! Absolutely freaking not.

 

I thought she was different from the bullies in my class. Turns out, she was worse.

I suppose my existence is such a bother to her and the other girls in my class that they'd do absolutely anything to get rid of me.

 

I felt sick to my stomach after processing everything that had happened ever since I went to my brothers' school.

Various emotions -- mostly anger and self-pity -- hit me like huge tidal waves. I cried for hours, until my chest felt numb that I felt like suffocating. 

 

I eventually fell asleep 2 hours before my alarm went off.

 

 


 

The next day, I was so ready to confront Jennie once and for all, but she didn't come to class. Great.

I tried calling her multiple times on both our lunch and afternoon breaks, but she's not answering. Maybe Sehun told her that I know what she did and she's not ready to face me or something. Ugh.

Anyway, I don't exactly know how I survived any of my classes. My mind's still a mess; I'm running on 2 hours of sleep, my eyes are puffy that I can't see properly and my chest hurts every time I breathe. Most of the time, I would just stare at the blackboard and pretend to listen to my teachers just so I don't get called in recitation (I've learned over the years that teachers don't call "attentive" students to recite. They love shaming the ones who were either inattentive or sleeping).

Chim, Kookie and Tae made an effort to cheer me up (Jungkook, believe it or not, even showed me his breakdancing skills to get a response out of me), but they failed. They all stopped trying after lunch break and just expressed their concern by throwing sad glances at me then sighed to themselves literally every 5 minutes.

 

It made me feel even worse.

 

Speaking of lunch break, I just sat quietly and played with my food the whole time. I didn't really feel like eating nor talking nor even existing. Jin-oppa made an attempt to feed me (I blushed real hard when he did it, but I still refused) and Hoseok-oppa even bought me my favorite chocolate milkshake (he illegally went outside the school premises for this, goodness) but I turned him down, too.

My brothers were surprisingly quiet, even on our way to school earlier. I reckon that maybe they are giving me space to think and breathe, as that's what they usually do ever since we were kids.

 

Lunch hour ended with all of us sitting silently at our usual spot. 

Again, it made me feel worse that I already do.

 

 

On the other hand, the girls in my class had the maturity to leave me alone today and not play tricks on me during PE. I guess I looked so pathetic that bullying me doesn't satisfy them anymore.

OR

Maybe they got the Principal's memo about yesterday?

 

Honestly, I don't care what the reason is. I'm just thankful that they don't bother me anymore. I have so many things on my plate right now; I got no time to spare to deal with them.

 

After 8 hours of pure mental and emotional torture, dismissal came...

"Nica, I really, really, really need to pee. We'll wait for you at the school gate?" Taehyung asked. He was swaying from side to side, hands on his... you know while talking.

He looks so funny! His face was all crumpled from the discomfort that I managed to smile a little. He really need to go, "Sure, Tae. I'm just gonna finish packing up."

Jungkook then said to me, "Do you want me to wait for you?" He wore his backpack and was ready to go.

I shook my head, "I may be a while, sorry. Why don't you come with Tae and Chim? Wait for me at the gate."

"Okay." Jungkook smiled at me and headed towards the door.

"C'mon guys! I really need to pee!!!! See you at the gate, Nica!" Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's arm and came running like a crazy man.

Jimin laughed while shaking his head, "That's his fault for drinking too much strawberry juice." Before he left to follow the two, he asked me, "Do you want to grab some ice cream later, Nica?"

Before I can answer him, my phone rang, "Uhm... Sure Jimin."

"Yay! See you at the gate." Jimin smiled and left.

 

I then answered my phone, "Hello?"

/Nica, it's me./

 

Jennie.

 

My heart started beating fast. It's not the same as compared to when Jin-oppa smiles at me or Jungkook looks at me; this is because of panic. And anger. And betrayal, "Where are you? We need to talk. I know what you did, Jennie. Why? Why would you do that? I thought we were friends!"

 

/Meet me at the stock room near the gymnasium at 7pm. I'll tell you why./

 

Then she hung up.

 

I don't know why, of all places, Jennie chose the stock room to meet me. We have this old, dusty stock room near the gymnasium that's full of old books and armchairs. Everyone can enter that room 'cause the door is never locked.

Whatever, atleast she finally had the guts to face me.

It's not until 6pm, so I finished packing my things and waited for my 3 musketeers at the school gate.

 

When we finished eating ice cream, Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung were suddenly in a hurry to leave.

"Where are you guys going?" I asked them. I'm really curious because they're acting weird and fidgety. Do they need to pee again?

All 3 answered at the same time: Jimin shouted, "Home!"; Jungkook yelled, "Basketball!"; Taehyung screamed, "Computer!"

They glared at each other. What is up?

I then said, "Jimin, why are you walking on that direction? Your house is on the opposite way. Jungkook, you're not really into basketball right? Taehyung... I have nothing to say to you. You always play computer games after class."

Jimin elbowed Jungkook, "Yes... We were actually gonna play computer games with V. I was about to go home but then --"

Jungkook cut him off, "When we were in the bathroom, Taehyung said we should go play games after eating ice cream. I thought we were gonna go play ball when he meant..." he air-quoted with his fingers, " ...'play.' I was wrong." Then he laughed nervously while scratching his head.

"Can I come with you then?" I asked. I think I still have enough time before I meet with Jennie. I want to distract myself for a bit.

"NO!!!" They all yelled at me in chorus.

Taehyung then said, "You can't come because.... 'cause we are NOT only playing computer games at the shop." he threw a look at the other two, "Right?! Right?!"

I creased my brows, "What else are you gonna do then?"

"We're gonna watch... stuff. You know... just like what boys do." Jimin answered.

Taehyung then nodded 500 times,"Yes. YES. YES!!! We are gonna watch some stuff that boys watch without girls."

I was grossed out by their answer. Too much information!!!! "Yuck. Okay, fine! I won't come then! You are so disgusting. Why --- You --- Jimin?! Seriously?! You're gonna -- Jungkook?! You're coming too?!"

Jungkook shrugged, "Hey, I'm a... I'm a guy too. This is how we learn... things."

Again, too much information!!! "Please stop talking. I don't need to hear anything else about these... things." I grunted and looked at my watch ---5:45pm. I still got the time to spare before I meet up with Jennie.

I don't want to lie to them, but I guess it's better that they don't know that I'm meeting with Jennie. Knowing these boys, I'm pretty sure they'd insist on coming if I tell them.

 

I want to fight this battle alone. I want to confront Jennie by myself

 

So I told them, "I'm gonna drop by the library to return a book then I'll come home. Good night you guys. Uhm... enjoy I guess?" I flinched,  "Seriously, you are so gross." I waved them goodbye and hurriedly ran back to school.

 

I wasn't lying when I told the boys that I'm gonna run to the library to return a book. I still have about an hour before I go meet with Jennie and good thing our library's open until 6:30 (surprisingly, there were many students "studying" and "reading" when I came in.)

I returned a book that I borrowed for our Lit class and went to the Maths section to browse some reading materials. Mr. Lee will hand my make-up exam by next week, and I want to be ready for it.

When I got the books that I think I needed, I sat down at one of the tables near the entrance and pretended to read. My heart is going haywire again; I feel tensed but my mind is shockingly nonchalant at the thought of confronting Jennie.

I checked my watch again -- 6:25pm. The library will be closed soon so I gathered my belongings and left.

It's in our handbook that students are only allowed inside the school premises until 7:30pm, so I guess Jennie thinks that our talk would be short and simple. Our meeting place is a good 10-minute walk from the stock room. The sun is setting, so the sky is a mixture of orange, pink and lilac. I was so preoccupied by my school situation that I can't even watch sunsets anymore. I walked slowly, through the hundreds of trees surrounding the school grounds, feeling the cool air through my skin while I watched the horizon slowly change its color as the sun ends its shift for the day.

 

I wish my school days are as calm and beautiful as this. 

 

I eventually reached the gymnasium and walked slowly towards the stock room. I opened the door carefully. It was pitch black inside as the sun has set so I struggled a bit before I find the light switch. There were shelves upon shelves of old books on the corners and maybe a hundred armchairs that are in complete disarray placed in the middle of the room. 

The room has a gloomy vibe to it, to be honest. I can't really describe it but the smell is like a combination of dust, chalk and old wood. It was also humid inside as the windows are all closed and there are no fans nor AC that I can turn on to get some cool air circulating.

"Jennie?" I tried calling for her, maybe she was just hiding in here somewhere.

 

Nobody answered. Maybe she's not here yet. I checked the time -- 6:42pm.

 

Then my phone rang. It's Taehyung. I picked it up, "Hello?"

/Nica, where are you?/ There's a tone of fear and worry on his voice.

I answered, slightly panicking, "Still at school. Why?"

/Are you alone? Why are you still there?! It's getting dark./

 I lied, "I'm on my way home as we speak."

/Good. Well, uhm... Do you remember that stalker that I was telling you guys about? The one who kept on following me every morning?/

I heard Jimin talking in the background, "Give me your phone, I'll explain it to her. We don't have time."

/Nica, Jennie is TaeTae's stalker./

Jimin's statement threw me for a loop, "What are you talking about?!" 

/It all started this morning. Tae was on his way to school with Minho and Seojun-hyung, you know them right? Seniors? Football varsity? Anyway, Minho-hyung noticed that someone's following them and Tae mentioned that he thinks someone's following him every morning. Now, Minho-hyung.../

Jungkook shouted, "Minho-hyung can be a spy!"

/Kookie, let me finish talking. Where was I? Yes, Minho-hyung. Tae said he tried to corner the stalker to know who she is but he only managed to grasp her arm before she ran away. He got a good look on her though, and he was sure that it was Jennie./

I tried to give Jennie the benefit of the doubt, "How sure was he? I mean, Minho-oppa had never seen Jennie right? Did Taehyungie showed him a picture of her?"

/That's what we thought, too. So we tried thinking of other evidence to prove that it was her. Then we got sidetracked./

Jungkook made a comment again, "The plot thickens."

/Jungkook, I swear. One more word and I'll smack you./

Jungkook wheezed, "If you can reach me."

/I'm not done growing. I'll reach your height and the moment I do, I will skin you --/

I heard screeching, and then Taehyung's voice. Apparently, he snatched the phone from Jimin. /Hello? Nica? I'll continue the story as we have no time and I might kill these two if this continues. Are you home yet?/

I lied, again, "Almost. Hold up. I'm really confused. Why are you telling me all of this now? We were together for 9 hours."

/Do you remember the paper that was found under your desk? It was from another school right? Jungkook had this brilliant idea that maybe if we investigate who the real owner of that paper would lead us to this awful person who framed you for cheating. We did some research, well, actually, we asked a bunch of people and as turns out, it was Jennie's old school. We went and visit that school after we had ice cream./

Then I heard Jungkook's voice. He has the phone now. /We didn't really watch R18 stuff Nica, I swear./

Taehyung said, "Give me that --"

More screeching, but Jungkook spoke again,

/Ssshh, it's my time to explain! Anyway, we asked some students about her and luckily we came across some of her former classmates. One of them showed us Jennie's "secret" Facebook account... Jennie got it really bad for Taehyung. Her bedroom is full of his pictures and they said that she's been obsessed with Taehyung since middle school. She wanted everyone to call her "Mrs. V" 'cause that's Taehyung's nickname right?! There's even a rumor that she basically threatened her parents that she'll commit suicide if they don't let her transfer to our school./

 Jimin then reached for the phone and said,

 

/Nica, she's crazy./

 

Before I can even react to Jimin's words, I felt a hard thing hit my head and everything went black.

 


 

When I regained consciousness, I found myself tied onto a chair in the middle of the stock room and all I can smell was gasoline. I can't move as my arms, waist, legs, and feet are bound.

Oh, God. I yelled, with tears streaming down my eyes, "JENNIE!!!!"

She showed up in front of me, near the door, with a lighter on her hand, "Oh, you're awake."

She was smiling at me, the same bright smile that she had every day when we're together at school. She had dark circles in her eyes and her hair was unkempt.

I don't know if my last conversation with Chim, Tae, and Kook affected my perception, but she really does look like a PSYCHOPATH right now.

 

I started to feel scared for my life.

I am just 16. I have so many things I want to do for myself. I want to finish school, help my parents, be successful, travel the world, fall in love, get married, and have kids.

Heck, I've never even had a boyfriend yet! I can't even confess to Jin-oppa that I have this huge crush on him for the longest time or even tell Jungkook that sometimes I feel like I'm, sort of kind of but I'm not sure yet 'cause, again, we are only 16 and I honestly don't know exactly what it is, falling for him and based on the state that I am in right now, I don't get to confess to either of them... ever.

"Why are you doing this? I thought we were friends. You were so nice to me." I said as I cry my eyes out.

 

I'm gonna die. I knew it. I'm gonna die tonight.

I didn't even have the chance to say goodbye to my parents and brothers.

God, if I had known that it'll be the last day of my life, I shouldn't have been so pissy this morning.

 

"I really didn't get why the girls in our class despise you at first. I genuinely pitied you 'cause you're this helpless girl, outcasted by her girl classmates. But then, eventually I figured out why they hated you so much. BECAUSE YOU... ARE A FREAKING ." Jennie's stares pierced right through me, burning my flesh. She clutched the lighter that was in her hand, so tight that she started shaking.

"Do you know how much it physically hurt to be with you everyday?! You acting so cute and helpless in front of those boys and Taehyung. Taehyung..." Jennie let out a brief smile, then she returned to her psycho self again, "YOU GET TAEHYUNG'S ATTENTION WITHOUT EVEN TRYING! I watched him look at you every day and I want him to look at me like that but he can't even say one word to me BECAUSE YOU'RE ALWAYS ON THE WAY, SEEKING FOR HIS ATTENTION!"

I made an attempt to defend myself, "Jennie, I don't --"

But she screamed, eyes wide with fury, "SHUT UP! If I hear one more word from you, I won't hesitate to smack your head again."

I didn't say a peep, but I let out a muffled sob.

She continued ranting, "I almost lost it when he lent you his uniform. YOU WORE HIS ING UNIFORM TO CLASS!!! That was my mistake, if I had known that he would do this after I had told that stupid boy to throw chocolate milk on you I wouldn't have done it in the first place."

 

So it was her too? Wow.

 

She walked towards me and I felt chills come down my spine. "Taehyung cares for you. I can see how his face lights up the moment you enter the room. He looks out for you, and I die everytime I have to fake a smile and act like it's okay to watch him go crazy over you. HOW ARE YOU SO GOOD IN SEDUCING HIM!!!"

She squatted in front of me to meet my eye level, "I tried so hard to mess you up. I drugged you at that party, and it kinda worked 'cause they were so angry at you the next day. I also plotted that whole cheating incident, 'cause it makes sense right? You were so hangover that you didn't have time to study so you cheated to pass the exam. I thought Taehyung would lose interest in you..."

She grabbed my throat and I cried even more, "WHAT IS IT WITH YOU?!!! YOU ARE NOT EVEN THAT PRETTY! God, you make me sick."

"Jennie, please. Let me go. I'm begging you, please." I was struggling to speak as she was choking me. 

"Why? So you would go tell Taehyung that you've been bullied again? So he could take care of you again?! NO." She lets go of me and I felt like gagging when my airway is finally free.

I begged for my life again, my voice all squeaky and desperate, "Jennie, please."

Jennie walked towards the door, "Since all my little games didn't work, sadly I would have to completely get you out of the way."

She reached for a red gallon of gasoline lying by the entrance and spread it on the entire room, including on me. 

"Don't do this please. Please." I said, tears pouring like waterfalls.

Jennie smiled and got something on her pocket -- a key. She acted surprised, "Oh, look what I've got here! It was really easy finding the key to that stupid door. I used my charm on one of the custodians to find it."

She flicked the lighter that was on her other hand and set the armchair by the entrance on fire, "I could've just set you on fire first, but I want you to enjoy a slow and torturous death. Goodbye, Nica."

I shrieked, "JENNIE!"

Jennie went out and closed the door shut. 

I screamed again, "HELP! HELP ME! PLEASE, SOMEBODY! HELP ME!" I kept on scrambling my words as I'm crying while trying to speak.

 

I made numerous attempts to free myself that my skin started to bleed from the friction. The armchairs are all made of wood, so fire spread quickly. I suddenly heard voices, female voices, from the outside.

"Are you out of your mind?!!!!" I am not sure which voice it is.

"LET ME GO!" That's Jennie's.

"You are a psycho! Oh my God, where is Nica?! Did you seriously locked her up in there and set the room on fire?!" That voice is familiar.

"You hate her too, right?! Aren't you happy?! I got rid of her once and for all!" That's Jennie again.

"You crazy , we were insecure and overly jealous of her getting the boys' attention but not to the point that we want to literally kill her! Oh my God! Wait, Seulgi! Call Jimin! Tell her we know where Nica is! Oh my God!!!" 

 

The girls...

The same girls who have been bullying me since Day 1...

They came? Of all people?

 

"HELP! I'M IN HERE!" My lungs are starting to get filled with smoke that it makes me hard to speak and even breathe.

 

I heard countless knocks on the door, "Nica! We'll get you out of there! I swear!" That voice is Irene's. I'm sure of it. She's kind of the leader, always telling the others what to do. "Yerim, find the keys! I'm sure this has it hidden somewhere in her." Yerim's a part of their group, too, but she is passive in bullying me. Usually she just watches and laughs at the side.

"OUCH! DON'T PULL ON MY HAIR!" Jennie screamed.

"I SWEAR TO GOD IF NICA DIES BEFORE WE EVEN GET TO APOLOGIZE, I WILL SHAVE YOUR HEAD." That's Sooyoung's voice. The one who pushed me to the pool that one time.

 

"I forgive you! For everything." I yelled.

Another familiar voice, Wendy's, replied, "Nica, don't forgive us yet. We haven't even rescued you!"

Fire has reached from where I am sitting. There are only 5 armchairs remaining around me before I'm toasted. I don't feel any fear nor panic anymore; I just feel lightheaded. I can feel the smoke slowly constricting my airway, and it gets harder and harder to breathe as seconds go by. What makes it worse is I can't even cover my nose and mouth as I am bounded. My eyes are starting to feel itchy and irritated as well that I started squinting just to see.

 

"NICA! NICA, I'M HERE! I GOT YOU!"

 

Jungkook.

That's Jungkook's voice.

 

"NICA, PLEASE STAY AWAKE. WE'LL GET YOU OUT OF THERE!"

 

Jimin.

 

"NICA, I'M SORRY..."

 

Taehyung.

They're here.

 

 

I tried my hardest to keep my eyes open, but it's just too much.

This is too much.

Everything is too much.

Maybe I should just stop struggling, and rest.

 

Before everything went black again, I felt two sturdy arms lifting me up.

 

 

"Nica, please. Wake up. Please. God, I didn't even get to say I love her. Nica, please. Breathe. For me."