Before Saying Goodbye

The Luckiest Girl ( a BTS fanfiction)

 

 

 

 

 

Hobi-Oppa didn't respond after that. I kinda panicked 'cause what if he got mad at me for going behind his back? I know he might get into trouble with his parents, but he was going on and on about this dance camp (a group of various choreographers get together every Summer to offer free dance classes to teenagers; they even recruit some of them to their dance crews and even have them audition to bigger talent management companies if they have real potential) and how he really, REALLY, REAAAAALLLYYY wanted to go but he's too scared to apply and so I did it for him. He has raw talent, and it hit me that maybe he just needed someone to push him a little harder in pursuing his passion and take some risks to achieve his dreams -- his OWN dreams, not the dream his mom and dad want for him. 

I love how his face lights up when he talks about the new dance routine that he's learned or that new dance video that his favorite choreographer uploaded on Youtube. Sometimes he would even teach Jimin some of the dance routines that he's just learned and they'd both get stuck in their own little dance bubble.

 

He's been a source of my strength, my happy pill, and one of my cherished friends and I want him to be as happy as he is whenever he dances.

 

 

Few minutes past 2, my phone rang. It's Hobi-Oppa.

I gulped a few times before answering it, "Hello, Oppa?! Are you mad?! I'm sorry for auditioning for you and keeping it a secret --"

 

 

/Byun Seonsaeng confiscated my phone, Nica! That's why I couldn't reply to you.../

 

He didn't sound mad nor upset. He was giggly, as always.

 

/...It's afternoon break so I got it back./

 

I asked, "How did she know you were texting in class?! You were that obvious?!"

 

/Well, I always use my phone during class and this is the first time I've been caught. This is your fault, technically./

 

I bit my lip, "Oppa, I'm sorry, really. I didn't mean to --"

 

He cut me off, his voice animated in telling me what happened,

/It's because I screamed, Nica. I couldn't contain my emotions and so I went hysterical right in the middle of discussion! It's History class and obviously I wouldn't scream in excitement because of what our teacher was discussing and so she caught me./

 

I scowled, "I'm really sorry."

 

 

To my surprise, his voice got serious. Calm and sincere. 

/Stop saying sorry. I should say thank you, Nica. You know how badly I wanted to go that dance camp but I'm always scared to actually apply. I can't believe you got me in. Ah, jinjja... I'm so happy./

 

 

I stopped walking.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to mention one tiny detail to you -- I'm in school right now.

I got discharged last night, and so I decided to visit the school since my parents both came to work today (I'm still terrified of being alone, so I really needed to get out of the house).

I won't do anything risky or bad or dangerous, I promise. I just want to tell Hobi-Oppa the good news.

 

 

/I'm so happy that I could hug you, Nica! Ah... Jinjja!!!!/

 

I smiled, "Then why don't you hug me?"

/Don't worry, I'll come to your house with your Joonie-oppa after class so I can hug you!/

I smiled even wider, "No, do it now."

/Huh?!/

 

I'm at the juniors' building, and I can see Hobi-oppa's back right now. He's about 20 steps ahead of me.

I hung up and yelled, "Oppa!"

Hobi-oppa turned around and saw me. His eyes went wide. He looked around and blinked a few times, reassuring himself that I'm real.

He ran towards me then grabbed me by my wrist and we went to under a huge tree by the soccer field, "What are you doing here?!" He held my face, my neck  and my arms. He even made me turn around, "Are you okay? Do your brothers know that you're here?! Are your burns healed now?!"

I laughed and stopped him from body-checking me, "I'm okay. No, they don't know I'm here. I'll be careful, don't worry. I had planned on telling you about the dance camp in person but I got too excited that I decided to text you instead."

Tears fell almost instantly from Hobi-oppa's eyes but he's smiling from ear to ear. He hugged me tightly and even carried me and swirled me around, "Thank you, thank you, thank you, Nica!" He put me down and pinched my cheek, "You don't know how much this means to me."

"I do, actually. That's why I did it. I'm sorry for keeping it a secret to you, though. I just wanted to wait until you got in before I tell you. You make me happy and I want to make you happy and I know dancing makes you happy so..." I shrugged and gave him my sweetest smile.

He cried even more. He squatted in front of me and hid his face with his hands. 

I rustled his hair, "Oppa! Ya!"

Hobi-oppa sniffed and hugged my knees, "I can't believe I got into that dance camp. Jeongmal. This is the happiest day of my life. I kept on missing my chances because I'm too scared but you pushed me to chase after my dream -- my real dream. Thank you, Nica."

"This is why I wanted to tell you about it in person. I didn't want to miss seeing your reaction." I replied.

He stood up and wiped his tears, "Did you sneak out from home?"

I grimaced, "I kinda did, but don't worry I'll go home now. I just really wanted to see you. Say hi to the boys for me."

Before I walked away, Hobi-Oppa hugged me again, "Thank you, again. Nica. I'll be forever thankful for you."

I just smiled at him and we parted ways.

 

It's the least I can do for you before I leave, Hobi-Oppa.

 

 

 


 

When I got home, I went straight to my room and continued on studying. My school plans are still pending because I just got discharged yesterday. My doctor said that I'm fit to return to school, but I should avoid stress and any kind of physical activities.

I've got an appointment with Ms. Bae next week and I guess until then my parents can't really decide if they'll allow me to finish this school term or not. If they do allow me, I still have 4 weeks left to spend with my boys. 

Mom said that we'll fly to London around beginning of Summer 'cause she wants to attend Yoongi-Oppa's graduation right before we leave. She will be working full-time in her work's 'international affairs department', and she also said it may take years before they re-assign her again (Of course I don't really want to be away from my mom, but should I really have to come with her?) so it may take years before I go home too.

 

This is really depressing. I just started a whole new chapter of my life  --- new school, new friends, new teachers -- and now I'm back to square one again. It's more unnerving as this time we're going to a place that I've never been to and live there for years.

"Don't worry, my boss said we could go home for holidays if we could." My mom said. Yeah, right. London is not just a train away, Mom.

My whole life is literally here. This whole London thing scares the heck out of me, as I don't think I'm mentally prepared for this huge change in my life. I barely made it with my school situation and I'm not even wholly recovered from it. How am I supposed to adapt to a completely different environment?

 

Whatever. It's a done deal. I can rant all I want, but nothing's going to change. I'm still going to London. I'm still leaving everything behind. All I can do for now is cherish every day I have left to spend with my dad, brothers, and friends. 

 

 

I feel like I'm terminally ill or something.

 


 

The next day, Mom gets to work at a later time to stay with me for a couple of hours. We had talked a bit last night that I can absolutely go back to school and finish the term, if, and only if, Ms. Bae clears me for school.

My parents have contacted my teachers and they all have given me modules to study and some homework to do so I can somehow keep up with my academics. There are some things that I don't understand in these modules as I'm not physically learning at school, so I asked my brothers and TaeMinKook if they could tutor me. Namjoon-oppa promised to help me with Science and English and I've got Yoongi-Oppa to teach me with Math. Jimin offered to help me with our Arts and Crafts subject. Jungkook also told me that he can help me with anything, except Math and English. Taehyung, on the other hand, said the most he can do is buy me ice cream while I study.

I'm about halfway done with the take home exam given by Mr. Lee (It was an 80-item quiz, by the way). I still have a few modules to study and a bunch of assignments to work on, but I don't have the motivation to do them. It's past noon and it's so nice outside -- I don't want to waste the whole day studying. Plus, I still have a few days to finish this before I get back to school, if my parents let me. It's okay.

My brothers told me that we all get the half day off today for the Sports Festival. Every student participating will have to train in the afternoon, and I know Yoongi-Oppa's playing basketball for his class, Jimin's playing high-jump for our class, Taehyung's our representative for wrestling, and Jungkook's our star player for track and field.

 

I want to watch them train.

 

I gathered my stuff, washed up and changed my clothes. I still have to persuade my mom to let me go outside, but I just don't care anymore. I just want to see the boys. Spend time with them while I still can.

When I went downstairs, she was knitting at the living room.

"Mom..." I said.

"No." She didn't even look at me, she's still focused on the fabric that she's knitting.

"I literally just said Mom." I replied. This will be harder than I thought it would be.

"You've been my daughter for 16 years, Nica. I know what every version of your 'Mom' means. That one that you just used on me is when you need to ask permission for something." she said, without even throwing a glance at me.

I sighed, "Mom, I just want to watch Yoongi-oppa play. He has basketball training today. Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook are playing, too. I just want to show them my support."

She didn't respond.

I walked closer to her, "I don't want to spend my remaining days sitting at home, Mom. I want to spend every single minute with my brothers and my friends. We're, no, YOU are taking me to London for who knows how long. I just want to enjoy my time with friends while I can. Besides, you'll leave for work in an hour! I don't want to be alone here! Just let me go, please."

Finally, she stopped knitting and looked at me, "Fine, but you have to update me. Text me your location and who you're with. You need to be home before I do. AND one of the boys should take you home in case your brothers have something to do. Arraseo?"

I jumped on her and gave her a tight hug, "Yes, Mom. I'll be careful."

 


 

 

I rushed to the library and went straight to the Literary section. I almost instantly found Jin-oppa ('cause seriously, who would miss his handsome face???) sitting with books and notes in front of him while Hobi-Oppa was beside him, making paper boats.

When he noticed me approaching, his eyes widened.

"Hi." I waved shyly.

"Nicaaaaaaaaaa." Hobi-Oppa tried so hard not to do his adorably cute sound effects as we are at the library. He stood up and pinched my cheek instead.

Jin-oppa held my hand and asked, "Are you feeling better? What are you doing here?"

"Did you sneak out again?" Hobi-oppa whispered.

I shook my head, "No, no. I got my mom's permission this time. I just missed you guys. I want to watch the boys train. Where's Rap Monster-oppa?"

Jin-oppa giggled then answered, while still holding my hand. God, it's so soft and warm. I am seriously dying. Somebody call 119. "He's not here. I don't know where he is actually."

Hobi-oppa then replied, "Oh, I think he was gonna go to the Han River and bike."

I furrowed my brows in wonder, "Bike?"

Jin-oppa let go of my hand, at last. I think he could sense that I'm internally hyperventilating right now, "Oh, he must have a battle tonight then! That's what he does before his battle. He bikes by the Han River to clear his mind. He says it helps him in writing songs."

Hobi-oppa moved and offered me his seat, "Sit down for a bit. Jin-hyung's still finishing his homework. I don't really get why he wants to do it right after class."

Jin-oppa smirked and threw a crumpled paper at him, "I'm not like you, Hobi. I don't do my assignment 15 minutes before the class starts."

 

Hobi-oppa and I talked for a bit while Jin-oppa writes his homework. He joins our conversations from time to time, and even joined in when Hobi-oppa took selcas ("Change my picture on your phone! Ya, Jin-hyung, you sent Nica a selca last night so she could change your photo? Aish, this hyung."). We were at the hidden part of the library, farthest from the librarian's desk so we could still laugh and talk at our normal voices (although at one point, the librarian did glare at Hobi-oppa when he squealed while Jin-oppa was telling a dad joke).

Hobi-oppa has informed his parents about the dance camp and he told us this intense story of how he got into an argument with his dad because he wouldn't allow him to come, "I didn't back down this time 'cause I don't want Nica's efforts to go to waste. I love dancing and if my parents couldn't see that, there's nothing I can do. It's time that they know what I really want and I'm standing by it," he said proudly to us.

When Jin-oppa was finished with schoolwork, it was his turn. He shared that he's finding it hard to choose what career to pursue after high school. He even confessed how jealous he is of Hobi-oppa because the latter knows what he wants and is really dedicated to his passion and he can't help but feel frustrated because he is the exact opposite, "I'm graduating real soon, and I still don't know what I want to be in life. I just wish I had it all figured out like you, Hobi." The mood got a little down and so he just threw in a couple of dad jokes to lighten things up (and we got a "ssssshhhhh!!" from the librarian this time).

I love how easily these guys can share everything to me. I've known Jin-oppa half my life so he's really not a stranger to me, but this is the first time that I've actually had a real, serious talk with him.

 

I'm thankful to have bonded with Hobi and Jin-oppa. This is such a genuine moment for me because I don't remember hanging out with just the two of them, as my brothers and the 3 musketeers usually tag along.

We took a couple (maybe a hundred, Hobi-Oppa went crazy with the capture button) more pictures and headed to the gym to watch Yoongi-oppa's practice game.

 

When we reached the gym, the game was already in the 3rd quarter. Jin-oppa still managed to find us courtside seats because of his privileges (I forgot to mention again -- he's the Senior Class President). Once seated, I immediately looked for my eldest brother, who was then busily dribbling the ball. 

I held my chest, "I've never watched him play. I'm so excited."

 

Yoongi-oppa has an average height, but he looks shorter compared to the other players. He uses it to his advantage though, as he runs swiftly and aims for the rival's basket.

 

"Yoongi, 3 points!"

 

The crowd cheered. I stood up and yelled as loud as I could, "That's my brother! GO, OPPAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

Jin-oppa moved closer to me so he could whisper to my ear, "He's so good, right?"

I nodded. I blushed as he was so close. Goodness. Calm down, heart.

 

As the game continues, Yoongi-oppa kept on making scores for his team. I find it funny how energetic and quick he is when it comes to basketball because he acts the other way around at home. 

I feel pride and joy while watching him play. I can't believe my sloth of a brother is actually a basketball MVP. Wow. He really deserves the nickname Suga.

 

By the end of 4th quarter, their team won: 119-96

 

After the game, we went down to the court to congratulate Yoongi-oppa. I even brought a towel and water bottle for him.

He was surprised when he saw me coming, "Ya, why are you here?! Did you two sneak her out of the house? Aish --"

I wiped his face with the towel to shut him up, "Mom knows I'm here. By the way, you did good, Suga."

He snatched the water bottle from my other hand and pinched my nose, "That's Suga-oppa for you, Miss. Mom really allowed you to come here? Did you take your meds? Did you put ointment on your burns?"

I continued on wiping the sweat off of his forehead and neck, "Stop worrying too much about me. I'm fine. Yes, I drank my meds. Yes, I put ointment on my burns. Yes, Mom allowed me to come here."

Jin-oppa gave him a high-five, "Good game, Syub."

Hobi-oppa then added, "You think you're ready for the real thing?"

Yoongi-oppa smiled, "Not quite. We're going to practice again after an hour. Too bad I can't leave and join you guys. Can you take care of this brat for me?" He then rustled my hair and gave me a side hug, "Be good, okay? Where are you going now?"

I can't help but smile. I noticed that Yoongi-oppa is more affectionate towards me now since the fire, "I want to watch Joonie-oppa's rap battle, but I might visit TaeMinKook first and see if they could join us. Do you think we could pass the guards? Am I too cute to not be mistaken as an adult?" I made a disgustingly cute face on Yoongi-oppa that made him cringe and cover my face with his hands. Jin and Hobi-oppa laughed.

"Please don't do that again. I can't eat dinner now. My appetite is spoiled. Eck." Yoongi-oppa said, while pretending to barf.

Hobi-oppa checked his phone, "I just got a text from Taehyung. They're all finished with training. He said he's at the change room with Kookie and Chim right now. Do you wanna go? Joonie's battle starts in about..." he then checked his watch, "..4 hours. We have plenty of time. We could eat something and hang out then go."

Both Jin-oppa and I nodded in agreement. 

"We'll leave now. Oppa, fighting! By the way, I took a video of you playing. I'll send it to Mom and Dad." I said to my eldest brother while we were walking away.

He pouted, "You brat." He then waved and smiled, "Take care of her, please."

Jin-oppa put his arm around my shoulder, "We will."

 

Oh my Goodness. This is too much.

Boy, I might go crazy if this continues. Ms. Bae will never clear me. She might even have me admitted. 

 

 


 

I decided to surprise Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook, so Jin and Hobi-oppa didn't come with me and waited by the school gate. They are still in the change room, and so I hid just behind the wall right beside the door to surprise them when they come out.

I could hear them talking as the walls are thin.

 

"Where did your abs come from, Jimin? Wow." That's Taehyung talking.

"Ya, don't touch my tummy! I'm ticklish!" Jimin replied, giggling.

"When did you start going to the gym?" That's Jungkook's voice.

Jimin answered, "I don't go to the gym. I just watch a couple of workout videos online and do them at home before I go to bed."

Taehyung asked him, "Are you still trying to impress Nica?"

 

What now?

 

"Well, no! Not really. No! We made a deal remember? I'm just doing this because I want to." Jimin said.

"That deal is stupid, I'm telling you. It made me a jerk to her. Don't you know how hard it is for me to ignore her everyday because of that stupid deal?!" said Jungkook.

 

Deal?!

 

"Jungkook-ssi, It's not my fault you've handled things differently. Our deal says, and I quote, 'Kim Taehyung, Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook can't make a move on Nica until Graduation Day. Reasons stated are: 1.) we are too young and immature and might just hurt her, even without intending it; 2.) it might make things weird; 3.) making things weird will result to the whole group being weird, and lastly, 4.) Yoongi-hyung and Namjoon-hyung will kill us if we make her cry.' It didn't say to ignore and avoid her at all costs, you dummy. You can be nice to her without breaking the deal, you know. Just like what Jimin and I do." Taehyung replied.

 

I covered my mouth with my hands as I might say something, even if I'm completely speechless right now.

 

They made a deal. For me. About me. On me.

 

Taehyung even had it memorized!

 

 

Jimin then spoke, "In my defense, I saw her first. So technically, I was the one who had a crush on her first."

I heard a snapping sound, "Ouch!" Jimin yelled. I think Taehyung hit him with his shirt or something, "Nica is not a thing that you can just call first dibs on, pabo."

"Honestly, I feel so bad treating her like that. She was going through so much and I felt like my actions just added to her pain. I just thought that avoiding her altogether will conceal my feelings or something. Ugh, how come you tricked me into signing that stupid deal!!!" Jungkook ranted.

 

Oh my God. I can't believe what I'm hearing right now.

So when Jungkook said that he has his reasons for snobbing me -- that reason was their deal.

I --

He --

I can't --

What is --

 

Taehyung then explained, "Hey, calm down! We all did this to protect not just our friendship with her, but also our own friendship. Okay, say we all pursue her. All of us at the same time. What happens, hypothetically, if she chose me instead of you two? What would happen then? It would just ruin everyhing -- our group, us 3, and our relationship with Nica. Besides, we all agree that if we still like her after Graduation, which is like, in 2 years, we could finally confess to her. Our feelings could change until then. Who knows, Jimin might end up liking that girl who keeps on leaving food in his locker?"

"No way!" Jimin reacted.

"Tae maybe a dork sometimes, but he has a point, Jiminie. Although, I don't think I'll ever find someone like Nica." Jungkook then said.

"I know. She's warm and funny and so easy to talk to. Despite everything that has happened to her, she remained strong and cheerful. I was so picky with people to trust and be close with, but she broke my barriers real quick." Taehyung added.

Jimin then spoke, "She has the kindest heart and the most beautiful smile."

 

Then silence.

My heart's just beating so fast right now. I am so overwhelmed and flattered and flushed and confused by everything that I have just heard.

 

"We could definitely make a Nica fanclub and just fanboy over him," Jimin joked. They all giggled.

 

Then I noticed the door knob turned.

"Surprise!" I shouted. I think my voice just cracked because I'm internally panicking.

Jimin jumped, "Omo, Nica?!!!!"

Taehyung's eyes widened, "You're here?!"

Jungkook looked like he just saw a ghost, "How long have you been standing there?"

 

 

I lied. Of course I lied, "I just got here. Why?"

"Nothing. Nothing. Why are you here? Oh my Gosh! We missed you!" Jimin replied as he touched my cheek.

Taehyung held my hand, "Are you really feeling better now? What brings you here?"

Jungkook, as usual, just stared at me and smiled.

I cleared my throat, trying so hard not to blush as I recall the conversation that I just eavesdropped on, "I was planning on watching you train but obviously I missed it. I'm with Hobi and Jin-oppa actually. We just watched Yoongi-oppa's practice game. Do you have anything to do? We're gonna grab something to eat and head straight to Joonie-oppa's rap battle. Do you want to come?"

Jimin then said, "We're underage though. How are we gonna pass the security?"

I shrugged, "We'll cross the bridge when we get there. Are you coming or not?"

"I'm coming! I've always wanted to watch Rap Monster live!" Taehyung answered.

I turned to Jungkook, "Are you coming, Kookie?"

He smiled timidly and replied, "Y-yeah. Sure. Sounds cool."

Then I looked at Jimin, "Chim?"

"Well, if you're all coming, I want to come too." Jimin replied.

I smiled, "Great. Let's go then."

 

 

I took a deep breath and force myself to foget what I just heard. From what I understood, these 3 made a deal that I'm off limits till Grad Day. This deal, somehow, explains Kookie's snobbish / hot and cold actions towards me.

While I'm still flustered by the fact that they all, what's the term??, admire me, I can't help but be glad, in a way, that they chose to prioritize their friendship over me. Taehyung's right; we are still young and immature and things are just gonna get weird if, hypothetically, I end up having a relationship with one of them.

 

Plus, I'm not even sure if I'm ready for a relationship! No, I'm definitley not ready. God, how does that even work?!

Obviously, coming from an all-girls' school, I have zero experience with boys and romance and courtship and all that stuff. My only reference are books and dramas!

 

And Jin-oppa.

Well, I can't even count him as a relationship 'cause he doesn't know I have a crush on him since forever (I don't plan on telling him anytime soon).

 

 

My head hurts.

 


 

"So... how are we gonna wing this thing?" Hobi-oppa blinked, shifting his gaze between us and the hamburger that he's eating. We're at Burger King right now, eating dinner (Taehyung picked the place, of course.).

"First of all, you..." Jin-oppa pointed at Tae, Chim and Kookie, "...can't wear uniforms there. That'll just blow off everything." He then checked his phone, "We have about 2 hours left before Joon-ah's battle. How about we all go to my house first and I can find you something to wear?"

"We're going to your house, Hyung?!" Taehyung's face glowed, his eyes twinkled.

"We can see your mansion, at last!" Jimin raised his hands in excitement.

Jin-oppa chuckled, "It's not really a mansion."

 

But Yoongi-oppa tells me that he does live in a mansion. He and Namjoon-oppa have been there a million times, but they never let me go with them and I never asked them if I could come along as I don't want to spoil their "boy bonding time".

 

"Waaaah, their gate is bigger than our school gate. Omo. Seokjin-hyung, are you a prince?!" Taehyung's eyes grew wider as we all stare at the huge gate to Jin-oppa's house.

Jin-oppa went to the bricked wall where there was a button. He pressed it and said, "It's me. Please open the gate."

Jungkook's mouth dropped, "Omo, you can speak to your doorbell?!"

"I can tell how rich your family is just by looking at your gate, Hyung. Wow." Jimin said, while caressing the metal bars of the gate like he's holding an expensive figurine at a museum.

 

The gate opened and a 3-storey house with a fully landscaped garden came into our view. It was so beautiful that we hesitated to come in for a second. 

Jin-oppa chuckled, "Why are you just standing there? Let's go."

Hobi-oppa then replied, "I can't believe this. Your house is so big and pretty! Are you sure we could come in?"

 

When we got inside the house, our jaws dropped at how palace-like it is. I'm sure Jin-oppa can't help but laugh (and somehow feel embarrassed) at us. Taehyung kept on touching almost everything in sight -- the paintings, the antique furnitures, the walls, even the fur carpet -- while Jungkook just had his mouth open the whole time, taking in the beauty of the place. Jimin spotted the grand piano and played with it, and Hobi-oppa, on the other hand, asked Jin-oppa a dozen questions, like he was a tourist exploring a museum.

"You guys, we don't have much time. Let's go upstairs. We need to find clothes for you." Jin-oppa said. He then turned to me, "Nica, do you need anything? Water? Food?"

I shook my head and smiled, "I'm good, Oppa."

 

Jin-oppa's room is like a penthouse in a hotel. It's tidy and spaceous, the walls and even the furniture are either sky blue or white. He opened a door on the corner which is actually his walk-in closet that has, and I'm not kidding, maybe more than a hundred pieces of clothing and pairs of shoes.

Hobi-oppa hit him on the arm, "I can't believe we spend so much time together and yet you failed to mention that you're rich!"

Jin-oppa answered, "It's because I don't think I am."

Taehyung's already browsing through Jin-oppa's necktie collection, "Wow, why do you need so many neckties?"

Jimin then asked, "Why are you studying in our school then if you're this rich? I'm sure your parents can afford sending you to that elite highschool 5 blocks from ours, right?"

Jin-oppa shrugged, "I like our school. Yoongi's there. You're there. Nica's there. It's the friends and the memories that I'm after."

 

Jin-oppa then told the boys to raid his closet and pick whatever they want to wear. He also gave me fake eyeglasses to wear to help me look older. After almost an hour of Jimin changing into a thousand outfits, Hobi-oppa browsing through Jin-oppa's shoes, Jin-oppa insisting that Jungkook should wear a pink polo shirt, and Jungkook telling Taehyung not to play with the light switch, we are ready to go.

 

I hope our disguise will convince the guards that we're adults. Fingers crossed.

 

 


 

"Stop pushing me." Jin-oppa claimed. We are a few feet away from the entrance to the underground arena.

"You go first. Since you look the oldest." Jungkook said.

Jin-oppa glared at him and we giggled, "After everything I've done for you, Jungkook."

"Let's go! There are no seats so we need to be early." Hobi-oppa said, while pushing Jin-oppa again.

"Stop pushing me!" Jin-oppa yelled again.

 

I just love watching them bicker like this. I'm gonna miss laughing so hard like this. I'm gonna miss them.

 

"Let's go, Nica." said Taehyung. I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice they were already walking in.

"Stay close." whispered Jin-oppa. Jungkook placed me in between Hobi-oppa and him. Hobi-oppa placed his arm over my shoulder.

Jin-oppa cleared his throat and spoke to one of the security personnel, "6 tickets please. Main."

All of us stopped breathing for a moment. Nobody dared to smile; all acted... older?? I don't even know how to act older. I just kept my head low and stared at the concrete.

"You're all here to watch Rap Monster?" the security asked.

Jin-oppa then replied, "Y-yes. He invited us actually."

"Your friend's really good. He's my favorite of them all." The security guy warmly tells us, while he hands out our tickets.

"Don't worry, I'll tell him that." Jin-oppa reached for his wallet and paid for the tickets. We all walked rather cautiously and once we're inside, away from the security entrance, we all sighed in relief.

"I thought I was gonna pass out. I wasn't breathing at all." Jimin said, holding his chest.

"Our disguise worked, thank God." Jin-oppa said.

Jungkook then replied, teasingly, "We are the only ones who dressed up though. You don't need to --" He didn't get the chance to finish his sentence as Jin-oppa kicked him in the , "OUCH!"

Hobi-oppa then cut them off as he run towards the arena, "Let's go! The arena's filling up. We might not see the stage upclose!" 

 

The arena has the same size of our school gymnasium. There's a big stage but there are no seats, so the audience would have to stand. No wonder Hobi-oppa wants us to be early.

There's quite a number of people already swarming at the front of the stage. Jin-oppa instructed us, "There's gonna be a lot of pushing in here as everyone wants to be as close to the stage as possible, so be careful. We need to stay close, okay? The show's about to start."

"Nica, do you see the stage?" Taehyung asked me.

"No, sorry, but it's okay. Can't help it if I'm short." I answered.

Jimin then pulled my arm so I'm in between them. Jin-oppa's in front of me, Hobi-Oppa and Taehyung are on my opposite sides, and Jimin and Jungkook are behind me.

Then, the lights were off and a spotlight was focused on the stage. A man, I think he's the host, showed up, "Are you ready to have some fun tonight? The show will start in 5 minutes!"

The crowd cheered and everyone suddenly started pushing to make their way to the stage.

"The people are going wild now." Jimin said.

Jungkook drew closer to me, both his hands on my hips. Chills went down on my spine. Seriously, Jin-oppa and Jungkook should warn me before they touch me! 

People kept on pushing and pushing from different directions that I ended up squished on Jin-oppa's back. Hobi-oppa held Jimin and Jin-oppa's hands while Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's arm so we won't get separated.

Hobi-oppa then said, "This is too much. Why don't we go at the back? There's less people in there. Nica might get squished."

We then started to escape the mosh pit one by one -- Jimin grabbed Jungkook's hand who then grabbed my hand, and so I held Taehyung's hand and then he grasped Hobi-oppa's hand and Hobi-oppa held on Jin-oppa's hand.

"We're like Kindergartens holding hands while crossing the street." Jimin pointed out, giggling.

 

 

Then loud music started playing. The audience went wild once more. The boys can still see the stage from where we're at now, but I have to tiptoe because of my height. I don't mind though.

"I have goosebumps all over. This is so cool!" Taehyung yelled.

The host came out again, "This is it! The main event of the day! Put your hands together for our contenders, Ravi and RAP MONSTERRRR!!!!!!!"

 

 

Smoke filled the stage as 2 platforms rose: On the left appeared a red-haired boy with a long face and fierce eyes, Ravi. On the right was my genius of brother, wearing gold chains and sporting a mohawk, Rap Monster.

"He looks so cool. I want to cry right now." Jungkook whispered.

 

 

Ravi was the first one to showcase his talent. I don't know much about rap, but he's pretty good. He sure knows how to rhyme and his stage prescence is incredible.

 

BUT...

 

I don't know if this is my bias talking, but when it's my Joonie-oppa -- no -- Rap Monster's turn. I was blown away. He delivered his lines with so much power and conviction and swag that I don't know if I should admire or be intimidated by him. 

Jin-oppa suddenly whispered to me, "Hop on my shoulders so you could see better." He scooted down, tapped his shoulder, and glanced at me.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Ppali. Before I change my mind." he replied.

I rode on his shoulders, and he held both of my legs for support and he lifted me up. Finally, I am able to see the stage now.

"Better?" Jin-oppa asked.

My cheeks turned red, I can feel it. Good thing he couldn't see my face, "Yes, thank you. You can put me down whenever you feel like your shoulders are hurting."

 

 

I was able to watch Namjoon-oppa spit fire onstage more properly now. Wow, I am so proud of him. He really is good. Just like Yoongi-oppa, he deserves his nickname.

He is, most definitely, a rap monster.

 

When Rap Monster's performance ended, the audience applauded and cheered. I think it's obvious who the winner for tonight's battle is.

"We should have placed bets on Joonie. We could've earned money." Hobi-oppa said, shaking his head.

"Hyung, we barely made it to the entrance. How are we gonna place bets?" Jimin answered.

 

 

A few minutes passed, and the host came back with the results in his hand. Ravi and Namjoon-oppa stood on his sides, both nervous.

The host asked the crowd, "Who do you think the winner is?"

The audience screamed for both their names, "RAVI!!!!" "RAP MONSTER!!!!"

The host smiled widely, "And the winner for tonight's battle is..."

I screamed at the top of my lungs, "RAP MONSTER!!!"

Namjoon-oppa looked at the direction of the voice, and his eyes found me, sitting on Jin-oppa's shoulders, waving at him. He was shocked at first, but then he waved back and smiled, his dimples showing.

 

The host then announced, "That girl is right. Tonight's winner, the still undefeated champion, RAP MONSTER!"

Loud cheers filled the arena. I screamed so hard, I almost fell off of Jin-oppa's shoulders. I felt like I've won the lottery or something.

The host gave the mic to Namjoon-oppa, "Thank you everyone for your support. Also, thank you to Ravi for being such a good competition. You were great, Bro. Lastly, I dedicate tonight's win to my one and only sister, my angel, Nica." he then waved at once more.

 

Tears suddenly came running down my eyes. I'm so proud of him.

 

 


 

Namjoon-oppa wanted to treat us to a late dinner to celebrate his win. We went to a diner 2 blocks from the arena and Yoongi-oppa also came by after his basketball practice.

We all ordered our favorite milkshakes and some fries and nachos.

"Did you have fun today, Nica?" Jimin asked.

"I did, actually. This is one of the best days of my life actually. I get to spend time with Jin and Hobi-oppa, surprise you guys, visit Jin-oppa's house, watch Yoongi-oppa play ball, watch Namjoon-oppa's rap battle... today was a blast." I answered.

"You were so good, Hyung. Our mouths like dropped on the floor while you were rapping. Jeongmal."  said Jungkook, his eyes wide. He even mimicked Namjoon-oppa rapping that had us all laughing on the floor (Jimin literally fell off his seat from laughing so hard).

"Stop it, Jungkook. My stomach hurts." Jin-oppa then said. His eyes are watery already.

Jungkook stopped his antics and laughter eventually died down, signalling Jimin to start a new topic, "Yoongi-hyung, do you have plans after graduation?"

Yoongi-oppa replied, "I might take a year off. I'm not sure yet. I'm helping my parents save up for my college fees."

Taehyung then asked, "But do you have a university in mind that you want to attend to?"

Yoongi-oppa nodded, "Yeah. Actually I might take Accountancy and be a banker. It doesn't involve physical labor, I work office hours, and I'm not that bad at Math. It's a practical course. I might compose songs and still join rap battles though, since that's what I really want."

Jungkook said, "Wow. You had it all planned already! I can't believe you and Jin-hyung are graduating already. Next year, Hobi-hyung and Namjoonie-hyung will be Seniors, and us 4 will be Sophomores! Time flies."

"Do you think we all stay in our section? Some students get re-shuffled to the other class. I don't like that." Jimin pouted.

"I wish I'd get Nica to be my seatmate next term." Taehyung then said.

 

I bit my lip. My brothers both looked at me.

 

"I just wish we all stay in the same class. Right, Nica?" said Jimin.

I didn't respond.

Yoongi-oppa answered for me, "You tell them, Nica. We're all here."

The boys all looked at me, eyes full of curiosity.

"Tell us what?" Hobi-oppa asked.

 

I let out a heavy sigh and closed my eyes.

 

Jimin tapped my arm, "Nica, what is it?"

I bit my lip and finally spoke, "I'm not gonna be in school next term. I'm moving to London with our Mom."