First Day

The Luckiest Girl ( a BTS fanfiction)

"Ya, Nica. Wake up."

A cold voice is whispering into my ear. Ugh, it's Yoongi-oppa waking me up again!

He's sitting at the foot of my bed, pulling my blanket, "You're gonna be late for school, dummy. It's your first day. Mom said we should go together 'cause you might get lost."

I turned my back on him, "I'd rather go to school with Namjoon-oppa. You always leave me behind when we walk together anyway."

He snorted then pinched my cheek, "It's not my fault that you're such a slow walker!"

I didn't respond.

"Nicaaaaa! C'mon!" he pulled my arm up.

"I don't want to!" I shouted.

He stood up, "Okay fine. I'm leaving then. Too bad, I bet Jin will come with me to school today. I wonder if he's on his way here?"

 

My eyes widened. Omo, Jin-oppa??

Jin-oppa is my Yoongi-oppa's best friend

and...

my long-time crush.

 

Long-time, meaning, since forever. Ever since I knew, or maybe even before that, what the word "crush" meant. 

 

I know. It's pathetic.

 

"Fine! I'll walk with you! Not because of Jin-oppa but because I don't want you to think that I love Namjoon-oppa more than you." I explained.

He messed up my hair, crouched in front of me, and said, "Really? Is it really because of me?"

I blushed, "Shut up!"

He laughed and walked away.

 

I'm gonna see Jin-oppa today. YEEEEEEEEEES!!!

 

So I got out of my bed, took a bath, brushed my teeth, wore my new high school uniform, fixed my hair, put on some powder and lip gloss (I shouldn't have, but I'm seeing Jin-oppa today so I need to look like a girl, atleast), and went downstairs to eat breakfast. 

My two older brothers were already eating when I came to the dining table.

Namjoon-oppa greeted me with a smile, "Good morning, Nica! Ready for your first day?"

"No, not really." I answered.

He cheered me up, "It'll be fine. Yoongi-hyung and I will be there for you. You can come to us anytime."

I smiled, "Thank you, Oppa."

 

Mom joined us for breakfast, "Eat up, children. You're gonna be late for school. Yoongi-ah, Namjoon-ah, take care of Nica, okay? Your school has more boys than girls 'cause it just turned co-ed not long ago. I don't want her to get bullied. Protect her at all times."

"Yes, Eomma." Yoongi-oppa answered while busily eating his pancake.

"We got her, Eomma. Don't worry." Namjoon-oppa said.

 

Then the doorbell rang.

 

"I think it's Jin. We better get going. Bye, Eomma." said Yoongi-oppa. He took another sip of hot chocolate and stood up.

My heart skipped a beat. I quickly ate another bite of pancake and grabbed my bag, "Bye, Eomma!"

Namjoon-oppa stood so quickly that he managed to spill his hot chocolate on the table. "Sorry, Eomma! Got to go!"

Mom shook her head, "Be careful, Namjoon!"

 

 

When Yoongi-oppa opened the door, I saw Jin-oppa's wide shoulders, not his face as my eldest brother is blocking my view.

 

I.can't.breathe.

 

Finally, Yoongi-oppa moved out of the way and suddenly my heart started jumping up and down like it's on a trampoline. Jin-oppa smiled at us, "Good morning! Kaja?"

 

 

Jin and Yoongi-oppa were walking ahead of us while Namjoon-oppa and I were walking together. Our school's just a few blocks away from our house so it's way easier to just walk.

Namjoon-oppa's listening to some kind of underground rap music so he can't seem to notice that I'm blushing while staring at Jin-oppa's back.

 

My face is really burning! He is so freaking handsome!

 

When we entered the school, Jin-oppa suddenly glanced at me and so I looked away like a complete idiot. Way to go, Nica.

 

"I'm sure you're gonna love it here, Nica. The food in the cafeteria is so good!" he said.

I just smiled.

Yoongi-oppa snickered, "You're just saying that because you eat practically everything."

"That's true. Anyway, I can show you where the cafeteria is, Nica. I know the menu inside and out so I can help you choose which food to eat for lunch." Jin-oppa answered.

 

Lunch? Cafeteria? Me and him? Does that count as a date? Omo.

 

"Ya, what are you doing? Are you gonna turn my baby sister into a pig like you?" Suga-oppa said.

I scowled, "Oppa, don't call me baby sister."

"Well, technically, you are our baby sister, Nica. And you will always be." Namjoon-oppa said.

 

They walked me to my homeroom. It was located to the far right building in front of the soccer field.

 

"Be good, Nica." Namjoon-oppa said.

"It's not like you're sending me off kindergarten, oppa. I'll be fine." I said.

"Just call me when you need me and I'll come running," Yoongi-oppa said.

I chuckled, "You don't run at all, Oppa. Don't kid yourself."

"Well, you know what I mean." he said.

Jin-oppa held my head, "I'll bring you treats after school."

I blushed, "Uhh.. you don't need to. But thank you."

 

Then they left.

 

"Nica, you can do this. You got this. Fighting!" I whispered to myself as I entered the homeroom.

 

The room was filled with so much noise, mostly boys' voices.

Some were running, others were sleeping, most of them were talking about computer games or sports.

 

I sat on the desk at the back since no one was there. So far, I only see 6 girls, including me, in this room. Most are boys.

 

Suddenly a boy with a charming smile came to me and shouted, "Hello!"

I smiled shyly as I don't know what to do. I was always surrounded with girls (I came from an all-girls' school), so talking to boy classmates is not exactly my forte.

"My name is Jimin. What's your name?" he said.

This boy sure is cute! "Uhm... Nica."

"Nica... That's a cute name. I saw you came with Suga-hyung. Are you his sister?"

I raised my eyebrow, "Suga-hyung?"

Jimin blinked, "The guy with the sleepy eyes? Who looks like he's so done with life? You came with him right?"

I laughed, "Yoongi-oppa? He's my oldest brother. How do you know him? And why do you call him Suga?"

He was surprised by my answer, "Oh, he didn't tell you? Everyone who knows him in this school calls him Suga. That's his school nickname. I think it's something to do with his position with the varsity basketball team 'cause he's the shooting guard."

 

Shooting guard.

Shoo.. gua..

Suga??

 

"Oh, I get it now!" I answered.

Jimin laughed at me. His eye smile just made my day. He's like a little ball of sunshine, "I watch their team practice after school everyday since 5th grade so I know him. I didn't know he has a really pretty sister."

I smiled even more, "Ya, you're making me blush. Stop that."

He placed his bag on the desk beside mine and sat beside me, "I'm just making you smile. I noticed how nervous you were when you came in. Well, all girls are. I can't blame you since there are more boys in this school than girls."

 

Our conversation was cut off when someone shouted, "Taehyung-ah!!!! STOOOOP!!"

 

I asked Jimin, "Who's Taehyung?"

He pointed at a tall skinny boy who was laughing, like literally, on the floor, "That's him. We're in the same class since 1st grade so we're really close. He's a funny guy. He gets along with almost everybody... well, except girls. Girls find him mysterious. I think he's just a weirdo."

 

I looked at Taehyung.

He has this beautiful face and his laugh will most likely cure any illness there is.

 

Oh, my heart. My poor heart.

 

Jimin added, "He's usually like that when he's with friends, but he can be so quiet sometimes."

I got lost in Jimin's eyes that I even forgot what he was talking about.

 

Nica, get your stuff together. Classes are not even starting and you already have two crushes!! What is wrong with you? You are betraying Jin-oppa!

 

Then, Jimin started talking to someone on my other side, "Oh, hi."

I turned and there was another cute boy sitting beside me.

 

Oh my Gosh.

What is up with this school?

CUTE GUYS EVERYWHERE!!!

 

I admit, so far, this boy is the cutest.

 

The boy just smiled at him.

Jimin continued talking, "What's your name? I've never seen you before, are you a transferee?"

"Yes. We moved in a couple of weeks ago. I'm Jungkook." he answered.

I was in between them so it would be awkward not to say anything so I said, "Hi, I'm Nica. This is Jimin. Nice to meet you."

 

The teacher then came in so the class started. Since it's our first day, our classes were shortened. We were done around noon.

 

I was on my way to the cafeteria when Jimin ran towards me, "Where are you going?"

"To the cafeteria. I'm really hungry." I answered.

"Let me come with you. Do you know where to go? There's a short cut." he said, smiling at me again. Ayo, this boy. Really. He's gonna make me faint anytime soon.

"Sure." I said.

"Wait here." he said then he ran away.

 

When he came back, Taehyung's with him.

 

Jimin introduced me, "Taehyung, this is Nica. Nica... Taehyung."

"Hi... V." Taehyung said.

"V? No, I'm Nica." I said, baffled.

Jimin hit Taehyung's head, "You are confusing her already. Talk normal, TaeTae."

Taehyung then looked me in the eye and smiled, "I'm Taehyung, but you can call me V."

"I still call him Taehyung just because," Jimin said. He then whispered in my ear, "He introduces himself as V to strangers like you 'cause he thinks that's a really cool nickname. Don't worry, he'll let you call him Taehyung when you get to know him."

Jimin winked at me. I giggled and nodded.

 

When we arrived at the cafeteria, there was a long line of students waiting to order so we decided to look for a place to sit first. Luckily, we found a long table.

 

"How are you liking our school so far? Is it the same with your previous school?" Jimin asked.

I shook my head, "I came from an all-girl school, so this is all new to me."

Jimin and V looked at each other then looked at me and both said, in chorus, "Chincha?"

I nodded, "I don't really have any guy friends because of that, so I'm really glad that you are all friendly to me. Especially you, Jimin. Thank you."

Jimin's eyes vanished again because of his smile, "Oh, it's nothing."

 

Jungkook passed by our table, looking all lost and confused. V called him, "Hey!"

"He has a name, dummy." Jimin said.

"I know he has a name. I just don't know what it is." V replied.

Jungkook came to us. Jimin asked, "Are you looking for a place to eat? You can eat with us if you like. There's plenty of room in here."

"The cafeteria is usually full at lunchtime since we all take breaks at the same time." V added.

"Is it okay?" Jungkook asked.

"Absolutely." Jimin said.

 

Jungkook then sat beside me. He smells so nice. I can't even.

 

I can't believe that I'm surrounded by these cute boys! How do I even keep my cool?

 

 

Then, my brothers came, looking all cool and stuff (tbh, they still look like dorks to me. But whatever). I think they're trying to intimidate my new friends.

"So I see you gained three friends today." Yoongi-oppa said.

"Yes, I did. I think you know Jimin already. This is Taehyung... I mean, V and Jungkook. Guys, meet my oldest brother, Suga-oppa." I said, teasing him.

Yoongi-oppa was flustered, "Ya! Where did you get--- Jimin! You told her?!" 

Jimin laughed.

"Please be good to my sister. Don't play jokes on her, or else." Namjoon-oppa threatened them.

V jokingly replied, "Rapmon-hyung, don't you worry. Nica is safe with us."

Namjoon-oppa pinched V's ear, "KIM TAEHYUNG!!!"

"Rapmon? Did you just call him Rapmon?!" Yoongi-oppa said.

V then said, "I'm not allowed to say anything. He'll kill me for sure."

 

 

Two other higher class students then came to our table.

Omo, one of them is Jin-oppa!

I'm not sure who the other guy is. I think it's Namjoon-oppa's classmate.

 

"I can't find any other tables, Mon." the guy said to Namjoon-oppa.

"Why are you calling him Mon? Is it from Rapmon?" Yoongi-oppa asked again.

"Same reason people are calling you Suga, hyung." Namjoon-oppa answered.

"Are you into basketball too?" Suga-oppa asked.

"Drop it!" Namjoon-oppa said.

Jin-oppa laughed, "Your dongsaeng's keeping secrets now, Yoongi!"

Namjoon-oppa then said, "Whatever. Anyway, can we join you guys? There are no tables left and we are all starving to death here."

 

My classmates all looked at me in fear, but then agreed.

"You are scaring my friends away, you guys. They can't even say no to you." I said.

"Well, too bad." Yoongi-oppa said, acting out his "SWAG" again.

 

 

Namjoon-oppa finally introduced his classmate to us, "Oh, by the way, this is Hoseok, my best friend."

Hoseok-oppa then stood ON one of the chairs and made weird, funny noises, "Nice to meet you, I'm Hoseok! But you can call me Hobi too. I bring hope and joy to everyone!"

We all laughed at him.

"I apologize for his behavior. He's really like that. I'm not really sure why I'm friends with him." Namjoon-oppa said.

"It's okay. That's how I feel everytime I'm with Taehyung. I can totally relate, Hyung." Jimin said.

V and Hoseok-oppa both gave sharp looks to Jimin and Namjoon-oppa.

 

Hoseok-oppa sat down properly and looked at me, "And you're Nica right? Namjoon's younger sister?"

"Yes." I answered.

"She's really cute, right?" Jin-oppa said.

 

Omo.

Jin-oppa thinks I'm cute! This is the best day ever.

 

"She is cute! She doesn't look like you guys! Especially you, Namjoon. Thank Goodness you're not a girl, or you'll be really ugly!" Hoseok-oppa said.

 

Everyone at the table laughed... except for Namjoon-oppa.

 

Namjoon-oppa grabbed Hoseok-oppa's collar, "I'm gonna kill you."

 

I think I like Hoseok-oppa already. Well, not in the same way that I like Jin-oppa, but he's really fun to be with! Like Jimin, his smile makes me happy.

He has these adorable dimples too.

 

 

My heart is really full today. I'd never imagine that I'll get to encounter and befriend so many boys. I always thought teenage boys are stupid, but I guess I'm wrong. They're fun to be with, too.

This is really fascinating for me since I came from an all-girl school, like I've said earlier. I can't even process it all at once.

 

While we were busy chatting at our table, I heard some girls whispering while walking by us, and I recognized their faces -- they are our classmates!

One girl said, "Wow, look at that new girl! She's surrounded by these cute boys!"

The other girl then said, "They are all good-looking and they seem fun to be with too! Isn't she lucky?"

 

When I heard that, I suddenly glanced at the guys that I'm with.

 

 

Am I really lucky?

Why? How?

 

-----