Luckiest

The Luckiest Girl ( a BTS fanfiction)

 

Luck.

I used to not believe in luck or chance or anything related to these things. When I was a kid, my parents would always buy lottery tickets, hoping to try their luck and win (they never won, obviously). Yoongi-oppa would also join raffles whenever we go to Hongdae, and I would always laugh at him and tell him that he's just wasting his time (he did win once; he got a rice cooker. I laughed some more.)

Back then, I know, deep inside, that luck exists. Of course it does. Why else do we wish others for "good luck"? People do make it big because of it -- win at lotteries, meet the person of their dreams by chance and end up together forever, have accidental breakthroughs in their careers  -- and sometimes luck can be seen even in the smallest of things, like getting a free coffee at work or finding money on the streets.

It's just that, I don't really care for it because I don't feel the need to be lucky. I have a complete family, responsible parents, loving brothers, close friends, and a healthy body, independence; what else do I need?

I've got everything, and I guess that's luck itself.

 

Then, I became a teenager and transferred schools, and everything drastically changed. I was really fond of that idea at first; getting on a new school with girls AND boys (and having to see Jin-oppa everyday?? Score!!), new uniform, new environment, new world. I was so excited to take on a new life.

 

Little did I know, starting anew meant having luck on your side. Lots of it.

 

I didn't realize it until then that our lives, my life, consist of countless chances. Various combinations of options and choices and decisions that a simple alteration could either make or break everything, like how a small matchstick can burn a whole forest. Take for example, what if we had enough money and my parents could send me to Chaeyoung's expensive high school? I bet my life would be so much different. I wouldn't even know the boys' existence. Or what if we walked to school too early on our first day? Or too late? What if I chose to sit on a different desk? Maybe I wouldn't get meet Jimin first. Maybe I ended up being seatmates with Seulgi and even join their group since I am so used to being with girls (Wow, that would have saved me a LOT of grief). What if Taehyung decided not to tag along Jimin that day; will I ever get close to him? Will he still let me call him Taehyung, not V? What if Jungkook came to school early that day as well? He may have ended up sitting at the front and befriended Taemin and his group. Or what if he didn't move to our city at all? Would I still be able to meet him?  What if Jin-oppa let his parents decide for him and agree to an exclusive school? What if Hobi-oppa's parents let him pursue his dancing ever since? Will he still end up being Namjoon-oppa's best friend who has no interest in dancing at all? Will I ever know him?

 

It's just shocks me that my life will be ridiculously different should atleast one, just one, of these probabilities did happen.

If it did, am I happier? Or more miserable?

 


 

 

As planned, we flew to London two days after Yoongi and Jin-oppa's Graduation. My brothers didn't come to the airport to send us off; Namjoon-oppa insisted that he had some work to do (but it's vacation???) and Yoongi-oppa said that he'll be busy scouting for college dorms (but he JUST graduated???). Obviously, they were just making excuses. They admitted this to me days after we migrated.

The night before we left, Yoongi-oppa entered my room at 1 in the morning, eyes both closed as he was hugging a pillow, telling me to move over so he could lay beside me. 2 minutes later, Namjoon-oppa entered my room, with his Ryan plushy in his arms, and squeezed on my opposite side.

Their excuse this time was:

Yoongi-oppa's, "It's too cold in my room."

Namjoon-oppa's, "I think there are mosquitoes in my room."

 

They didn't talk to me; they literally just laid there and slept. I almost cried when I came to realize that that might be the first (in years) and last time that I'm able to snuggle with my brothers. My bed was a little bit cramped (and noisy from all the snoring ugh), but that was one of the warmest and best sleep I have ever had.

 

 

The first few months in London were the hardest. I had to adjust to the time difference, to the culture, the place, the food, the people, and most importantly, being away from my boys (including Dad, of course). Good thing they'd send me messages all the time and we'd always video chat once we could as it was Summer and they had lots of free time.

I had to take the train, or tube as they call it, to get to my new school. I'm telling you, it wasn't easy. She works all the time and so I had no choice but to commute to and from school every day. Sometimes, Mom has to work overtime and there were days that she'd go home late so I'd end up spending the whole day all by myself.

 

AND...

 

It didn't really help that I was basically an outcast when I started school. It's not like they isolated me; it's just that I got so traumatized with what happened previously that I'm having a hard time making friends now. I feel like everybody could just snap at me anytime, and I won't have anyone to back me up. I've learned to distance myself and put my guard up at all time to avoid getting bullied... again. I eventually gained 2 or 3 friends by the end of the term, although I wouldn't really call them friends. I think they're more of companions at school. Just classmates to talk with about homework or other school stuff. Or simply just having people to be with.

However, there were still days that I would just go home crying, desperately wanting to go back home so bad (Yoongi-oppa's wish came true) as I feel so out of place. Like I was this tiny, insignificant dot in an enormously unfamiliar world.

 

The time difference, that freaking time difference, just made everything worse. 

 

 

 

 

The boys and I would always try to keep in touch, sometimes even staying up late, but it's just hard considering that we are all busy with school and other things. After a year in London, I got a part-time job at a cafe near my school to help Mom with our finances, and that took up most of my free time making it more difficult, even nearly impossible, to keep in touch.

 

 

Our communication gradually got worse. Talking and texting every single night became a weekly basis...

then it became a 2x-a-month-basis...

then monthly...

until it reached to a point that I get to talk to them (and vice versa) just on holidays and birthdays.

 

 

I didn't even realize it until it was too late. I was so busy adapting to my new life that I broke that one promise I made to myself before I left my old life -- to never, ever lose in touch with the boys.

That no matter what happens, no matter how busy or preoccupied I become, I would always try to find time for them.

 

Now I don't even know how to say hi to my Oppa's. Jin-oppa's busy with college and we don't even talk anymore, unless he happens to be at our house when Yoongi-oppa calls; Hobi-oppa doesn't call me either and I had to drop his call the last time he did because I was late for class.

I still talk to my brothers on a regular basis, but I don't think they count. They are my brothers. It's their obligation to keep in touch.

 

On the other hand, my 3 muskeeters, however y I am with replying, still sends me messages whenever they can. It's not the same anymore though.

 

 

 

 

SOMI huh. There's a SOMI now.

 

Anyway, I am grateful that they still update me with whatever's going on with their lives right now but I can't help but feel sad that I'm not part of it anymore. I knew this was gonna happen -- I've told Namjoon-oppa about this before I left, and I was right. I WAS RIGHT.

 

We could all try our hardest to stay the same, to keep in touch, but everything's still gonna change. They'll still forget about me. I'll forget about them.

 

I could never blame the boys because, in all honesty, this is all my fault (to be fair, I would really want to blame my parents because I wouldn't be here in London if it wasn't for them).

I did this. I was the first one to stop texting. I was the first one who would ignore their calls. I was the first one who would take ages to reply. I was the first one to forget. To move on. To change.

I was the first one to slowly sever my ties, but I didn't do it just because I want to; I did it because I have to. I had to leave my past behind to move forward and survive, as it was eating me alive. Looking back on my memories just brought me grief. It made me miserable, so much that I thought I was dying.

I had to find a way to stop the pain, and there was no other way. I buried the boys' memories at the back of my mind, and all the pain, sorrow and suffering that came along with them -- the bullies, Jennie, the fire, saying goodbye.

 

 Picking myself up and deciding to slightly cut ties was the hardest decision I had to do in my entire life, but it let me breathe. It's like killing the only thing that has been making me alive so I can live.

 


 

"Nica, have you packed all your bags?" Mom was double-checking, triple-checking, all the windows and doors to make sure they're locked and secured. She had gone by to the kitchen and checked the fridge and the stove and the oven and the microwave and the dishwasher and the coffee maker if they're all unplugged; she had put away her tea set (honestly, I know we live in London now but how did she get so addicted in drinking tea?); she had asked me maybe 16 times if I have my passport with me and if I checked our itinerary and if I tried to tidy up my room (I told her, YES, but really NO) and if I needed any books to bring with me for my homework (I'm graduating in June, who cares? Just kidding.)

She had booked a ticket back home for us 3 days ago to surprise my Dad and brothers. We'll get to spend Christmas together this year. YAY!

 

It's our first time going back home. I'm so ecstatic and nervous.

I'm going to see our house again. I'm going to see sleep on my bed again. I'm going to see Holly again. I'm going to see Dad again. I'm going to see my brothers again. I'm going to see all my friends again. I'm going to see the boys again. 

Well, I might see the boys again.

 

Mom and I are supposed to stay until after New Year. I hope I get to see them before then. All of them.

 

"Let's go, Nica!!!!" Mom's yelling at me from our front porch. She's on the way to our car to put her luggage in the trunk.

I closed our front door and hurriedly followed her, "Do you think they'll be surprised? What if they're not at home when we arrive?" I lifted my luggage and put it beside hers.

Mom closed the trunk and got on the driver's seat, "Appa said your brothers might not be at home tomorrow. I asked him last night without making it so obvious. He said they went on a trip with the other kids and that... what was her name again? Somi? Have you heard about her? Your brothers mentioned her once or twice over the last couple of months. I guess they've been hanging out with her."

I got on the passenger seat and put on my seat belt. I pursed my lips. I really need to meet this Somi, "Yeah. Taehyung mentioned her. He said Somi likes him? I don't know."

"Just ask them when you guys meet. I'm sure they will be thrilled to see you again." Mom glanced at me before she started the engine and drove.

 

I don't know, Mom. Haven't spoken to them for a while now.

 

 

While we were waiting to board our plane, Namjoon-oppa shoots me a text.

 

 

 

I showed his text, "Mom, they're in Jeju!" Who's taking their picture?! I bet it's Somi. Agh. SOMI.

"Wow, they all looked matured and grown up now! They've all gotten handsome." Mom zoomed the picture in and scowled, "Aish, your Yoongi-oppa is still with his white hair phase. I've told him a million times to dye it back to black or even light blue. He looks like a grandfather in that hair. I hate it."

I giggled, "He looks happy though! Look at his gummy smile!"

Mom adjusted her glasses and took a closer look to the picture, "Omo, is that Jungkook? The one he has his arm on? He's... he grew up so well. He looked like a chicken when we left. Wow. Even Taehyungie and Jiminie and Hoseokie." She then zoomed the picture to Jin-oppa's face, "Look at that. He's handsome as ever. No wonder you had a crush on him for the longest time."

My jaw dropped, "Seriously? Did Yoongi-oppa tell you?!"

She shook her head and laughed, "No, you're just that obvious, sweetie. It's okay. I've been there."

I crossed my arms and pouted, "So everyone knew about this?!"

Mom gave my phone back and touched my chin, "I don't mind if you date one of these boys. I think they're good kids." Then she winked, "So you better work on it when we get home."

 

Work on it?!

My mom's telling me to "work on it"?

What did London do to her?

 

 

I grimaced, "Mom, did you hear what you just said?!"

She shrugged, "You're gonna be 18 real soon. What's wrong with falling in love? I just hope you get to choose the right person for you. Good thing you already have 5 boys to choose from."

Then I replied, in a dry tone, "I might not have a chance with any of them. They may have girlfriends already for all I know."

Mom faced me, "You would know if they do, right? You guys are so tight. Honestly, it amazes me how close you've become with these boys given that you studied in an all-girls school."

I scratched my head, "I don't... I don't talk to them anymore. Well, not as often as I used to. It was kinda expected, given that I'm here and they're there and we're busy with school and other things. So I really don't know anything about them anymore." Then I crossed my arms again, "Maybe that Somi girl knows everything now."

Mom touched my head as a sign of comfort but at the same time, teasing me, "Aigoo, my baby is jealous! That Somi took over your throne! Aigoo. Good thing we're going home. You can re-claim it."

Then I said, "Can I really, Mom? It's been... what? almost 2 years? The boys don't care about me anymore. They've moved on. They don't care about me as much now, and that's my fault. I did this. I distanced myself. It's too late now." 

 

Then our boarding counter opened and started letting passengers into the plane. Mom and I got up to gather our belongings to board as well.

While we wait in line, she looked at me and said, "Cheer up now. Yes, time and distance may have strained your friendship and it looks like they've got someone else to take your place now, but it doesn't mean you can't pick up from where you left off. They love you, Nica. True friendship can withstand everything."

Then she added, "And I bet you 1 million Korean Won, you're way prettier than that Somi girl."

 

 


 

My phone's dying. Damn it. Why now? "Stay where you are, Oppa."

/Why? Do you want to videochat?/

"No, just... where are you again? Hotel?" God, I don't even know where I am. How am I gonna find them?

/No, we went outside to eat dinner./

"Where?"

/Taehyung's craving burgers yet again, so.../

"Burger place near your hotel?"

/Ne. Like 3 blocks away. Beside that Korean BBQ place. Why am I explaining this to you, it's not like --/

I giggled. Namjoon-oppa sure is quick to catch up when it comes to these things.

 

My parents let me go to Jeju right after we landed. I'm tired and jetlag is taking over me, but I really want to see the boys right now and apologize to them for being a y friend these past couple of months.

I just got off KTX and I'm in a cab right now, figuring out how to get to them.

 

 

I could hear Hobi-oppa talking,

/What? What is it? Why do yo++u like you've seen a ghost?/

Then Jin-oppa's voice,

/Are you talking to Nica, Joonie?/

/She's asking me where we are. Like, directions and everything./

 

Then I heard screeching.

By the sound of it, Jungkook grabbed the phone, /Hello? Nica?/

I smiled. It's been a while since I've heard his voice, and surprisingly, it still tickles my chest, "Hi Kookie."

Then Jimin talked,

/Hi Nica! We're in Jeju right now! I wish you were here!!!!/

Then Taehyung,

/We miss you so much. It's been too long! Please come home./

 

I heard more screeching and muffled noises. Are they fighting over who gets to hold the phone? Seriously.

Yoongi-oppa then spoke,

/Nica, are you here?! Like here?! You're not in London?!/

 

Then before I even get to reply, the call got disconnected.

MY PHONE DIED.

 

GDDMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAGHHHHHH!!!

 

My taxi driver cleared his throat, "Have you figured out where we're going?" 

I scratched my head, "Uhm..." I forgot to ask which hotel they were staying!!! I got too excited!!! "...I actually forgot the name of the hotel, Oppa-nim. Can you bring me to the hotel near the beach?"

He chuckled, "You need to be more specific, Miss. I know atleast 7."

Aigoo. What am I gonna do now? Knowing the boys, they'd probably go to the cheapest one. "Uhmm, the most affordable one? I'm trying to look for my classmates."

He smirked and started driving, "Okay then. I hope we go to the right hotel."

 

So we drove for a good 15 minutes and he dropped me off to a small inn near the beach. I really don't think this is the right place (though I don't know what IS the right place), but I still went inside and asked the reception if the boys are checked in. She said no.

 

I have nowhere to go, I'm jet lagged, and my phone's dead so...

Basically, I'm screwed.

 

 

I started walking, a big duffel bag in my hand. I am so tired from the long flight and my tummy's been rumbling since I got on the KTX.

I walked for 2 blocks, and I saw a convenience store. YES! 

 

I practically ran and got inside. I quickly went to the junk food aisle and got a large instant ramyun and a chocolate bar. I paid for them and went to where the hot water is to have the ramyun cooked.

Goodness, how am I supposed to find the boys? 

 

"Taehyungie, I swear to God, if that strawberry milk that you're looking for is not here, I'm gonna pound on you a little bit."

"Well, it's not like you can reach me."

"You piece of --"

"Stop bickering! Seriously, why did I agree to tag along with you?! I feel like I'm a babysitter."

"You said there are so many mosquitoes outside and they might bite your face."

 

OH MY GOD.

Those voices. OH MY GOD.

I wander my eyes and looked in the direction of the voices.

 

"Are they selling vodka here too?"

"I think so. Do you want to buy? Do we still have orange juice in the hotel? Your mix is quite good, Jimin."

 

 

OH MY GOD. It's them. I cannot believe this.

I absentmindedly left my ramyun, followed the voices and went to the aisles.

 

 

"This is the fourth convenience store that we went to, Tae. If you insist on going to another one you would have to piggyback me."

"That's not a problem, Jin-hyung."

 

I can see Taehyung's head peeking on Aisle 6. I walked as fast as I could and went there.

 

It's like they have seen a ghost upon seeing my face.

My eyes got teary.

Jimin ran into me, and lifted me to a hug. I dropped by duffel bag, "Nicaaaaaaaaaa, what are you doing here?!"

He let me go, so it was Taehyung's turn to hug me tightly. He's gotten a lot taller and broader, "Nica, I missed you."

"You cheeky girl." Jin-oppa pinched my cheek and hugged me as well. He has brown hair now and... muscles. Wow. He's wearing a sleeveless shirt so I can see them.

Taehyung then punched Jimin on the shoulder, "See? Good thing we came here! I might not get my strawberry milk, but atleast we found Nica!"

Jimin rolled his eyes at him, then turned to me with the sweetest smile, "Have you eaten? You look so tired. Did you come here straight from the airport?"

I nodded, "Yes."

Jin-oppa put his arm around me, "Aigoo. Come, the others are waiting outside. Taehyung-ah, get her duffel."

 

I didn't even bother getting my ramyun. I'm just so happy that I saw them here.

And that they're not mad at me for cutting them off.

 

When we went outside, Jin-oppa and Taehyung hid me on their backs. I covered my mouth so I wouldn't giggle.

Hobi-oppa asked Taehyung, "Do they sell duffel bags here? Did you buy so many strawberry milk that they had to put it in a pink duffel bag?!"

Taehyung didn't answer, he just chuckled.

"Oh!" Jungkook exclaimed, "Who are you hiding in there? Why do you have a pair of legs behind you?!"

Then I popped my head in between Jin-oppa and Taehyung's side and yelled, "Surprise!"

 

There was silence.

Yoongi-oppa, Namjoon-oppa, Hobi-oppa, and Jungkook were literally just staring at me. Not moving a muscle.

Jimin then said, "Ya, you guys. She's real. Nica's back!"

 

That's when reality smacked them and they all came running to me, hugging me.

 

"AaaaaAAiiiGOOOOO!!!!!"

"NICAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

"Why are you here????"

"You've gotten taller!!!!"

"Your hair is so long!!!"

 

Hugs after hugs after hugs after hugs. Laughter upon laughter upon laughter. Unlimited exchanges of pure smiles and looks of fondness. They even made a circle around me and jumped, like I was some kind of an offer or something.

I may be physically tired, but I don't really mind as my mind is so full right now.

 

 

I am indeed home. 

 


 

"Do you want more samgyupsal?" Jin-oppa offered me his freshly grilled pork belly. We are at our hotel room's porch right now.

I took another sip of coffee, "No, Oppa. I'm good. I've eaten so much I think I'm about to explode."

He then shoved the piece of samgyup to Hobi-oppa's mouth, who gladly ate it.

Jimin then asked me, "Nica, what were you doing in that convenience store earlier?"

"Oh, I was about to go to where you were eating, but our call got disconnected. I forgot the name of your hotel and honestly I don't even remember asking Joon-oppa so I just told the taxi driver to drop me off to the nearest, cheapest hotel. You're not checked in there and so I walked and I found this convenience store to eat."

"What a coincidence! Wow. Taehyungie here was looking for this specific brand of Strawberry milk, and so after our phone call we all left the place and look for it. We went to 3 different convenience stores before that. What are the odds that we'll find you on the 4th one?" Jimin tells me as he drank his beer.

 

 

Luck.

Yes, I do believe in luck now. What else could explain that? I was about to lose it earlier, but, in some favorable force of Universe, I found them!

 

 

I then said, "I am so sorry. For cutting you off. I haven't been responding to you guys since last year."

All their smiles evaporized, eyes on me.

I continued, "I just... I got so busy, and you're busy too..." I swallowed and tried not to cry. No, I can't. I'm not a crybaby anymore. Atleast I think I do, "...and Taehyung keep on telling me about this Somi, and I figured that she might have taken my place, and you've coped with my absence so there's no need to be clingy and just let you enjoy your life here and I had to adjust to my life there and it was hard so I needed to distance myself from you guys and stay strong --"

Yoongi-oppa shoved a huge piece of ssam in my mouth to stop me from talking, "Nica I love you but you need to shut up for now and let us talk."

I blinked, wide-eyed, as I stare at them while chewing this huge chunk of ssam.

Yoongi-oppa then said, "We know. I know you had to do everything to adjust to your life there, even if it means leaving your life behind here. I've been telling these kids and Jin-hyung on our monthly boys' night out to give you space as you need to figure out your new life now and we may make it harder for you if we kept on bothering you."

The boys nodded.

I had to ask him, of course out of all the things he just said, that's the one thing I paid attention to,  "You have a monthly boys' night out?"

The boys nodded again.

Namjoon-oppa then added, "But it doesn't mean that we don't love or care for just as much. Yes, we all got hurt when you stopped talking to us, but then we eventually understood why you had to do it. Besides, even we don't talk to each other that often 'cause that's just how life is. That's fine."

Then Jungkook said, "And with Somi... Yes, she is a cool girl. We hang out with her all the time and even the hyung's like her too, but she can never replace you, Nica."

Jimin and Taehyung nodded their heads simultaneously.

Jin-oppa said, looking smug, "Our Nica is jealous! Aigoo... you're jealous of Somi!"

I swallowed the ssam and said, "No, I am not!"

Hobi-oppa then stood up and tapped my cheek, "Nica is jealous!"

Taehyung said, "No one can replace you, Nica. You should know that by now."

"Here, eat more ssam until you realize that you're worried over nothing." Yoongi-oppa shoved yet another ssam into my mouth as the other boys laughed.

 

I can't speak, so I just looked at them talking to each other.

Jimin hit Jungkook on the neck, "Jeon Jungkook, why do you keep on stealing my food?!"

Jungkook snickered, "You weren't eating it!"

"I want to drink Strawberry milk." Taehyung pouted.

Namjoon-oppa groaned at him, "It's 1 in the morning, Taehyung-ah. Can we sleep for now and just look for it tomorrow?"

Hobi-oppa danced all of a sudden, "Nica is here! Nica is here!"

Yoongi-oppa sighed, massaging his temples, "Seokjin, I told you not to give him soju, right?! We all know Hobi gets drunk by drinking even a drop of alcohol."

Jin-oppa chuckled, "What?! It's fun. Look, he's having fun! AND call me Hyung!!!"

Yoongi-oppa replied, "It's not gonna be fun when it's 5am and he's crying in the bathroom, puking. AND I'll call you Hyung again when you act like one."

Jimin joined Hobi-oppa and they danced and jumped like 2 toddlers on sugar high.

 

As I wander my eyes, staring at these 7 loving, however dorky, boys in front of me that's when it finally hit me.

 

Taehyung grabbed my hand and I stood up, "Nica, let's go take a picture! Yoongi-hyung is setting the camera right now."

 

Yes, I've had a thousand hardships and I'm sure I'm gonna face a thousand more...

 

I stood beside Jungkook. He smiled at me, placed his arm on my waist and squeezed it lightly, "I'm really glad you're here."

 

 

...but right now , right in this moment, right where these boys are, right where I feel loved, I can still say that I am the luckiest girl.

 


 

EPILOGUE

 

"I got this, Nica. You should sleep."

I'm washing dishes with Jungkook right now. We were the only ones who were willing to do it anyway.

I shook my head, "No, I'm good. We're about to finish anyway."

He then said, "You know, Somi loves washing the dishes. I really don't get why."

I didn't reply.

He nudged me, "Are you really jealous of her?!"

Of course I'd deny it, "No, I'm not. It's just that... I don't know. You are all crazy about her."

He smiled, "That's not true. I'm crazy about you."

 

Then we stared as each other as awkward silence fills the room.

 

He spoke again, "I know what you feel though. That's how I feel when you talk to Jin-hyung or Jimin or Taehyung. I know it's a bit childish, but I don't like it when they're too close to you. Remember when we went to your house and had a group study? I saw how happy you were while helping Jin-hyung cook, so I insisted in helping too. I just felt bad that I was a bit douchy to you. It's just that I was jealous..."

 

I don't know what to say. Jungkook has never been this honest with me.

 

"...and it doesn't help that you have a crush on him, and he has a crush on you." he said then pouted.

Oh, God. "You knew I had a crush on Jin-oppa?! AM I REALLY THAT OBVIOUS?!!!!! AND JIN-OPPA HAD A CRUSH ON ME?! YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT."

He shook his head, washing the last fork in the sink, "He confessed on our last drinking game. He said he didn't try to pursue you 'cause you were young and Yoongi-hyung might kill him."

 

I didn't say a thing again. What am I suppose to say?

 

"And to top it all, Jimin, Taehyung and I had a deal." Jungkook groaned, "That I'm not supposed to say to you."

I giggled, "That day, when you were in the changing room and I surprised you, I actually overheard your conversation. Like all of it."

Jungkook's doe eyes got wider than ever, "No, you did not."

"Sorry, I wasn't planning to." I replied.

He shrugged, "Well, atleast you know now."

Then I said, rather awkwardly, "Is it even still on? Like I moved to London nearly two years ago. I'm sure you all have girls you like now... Somi?"

Jungkook snorted. Then he looked at me and said, "I still like you, Nica."

 

I swallowed a hard lump in my throat.

 

He tapped my nose with his index finger, "And I don't care if Jin-hyung or Jimin or Taehyung still like you or not. What matters is, I still do. I like you a lot."

 

-----

 

Author's note: Again, for the nth time, thank you so much for reading this! I had fun writing this fanfic so I am glad that you all liked it.

PS: I'll let you decide who's gonna win over Nica. Or if she even picks one of them. :P