Everything's Falling Apart

The Luckiest Girl ( a BTS fanfiction)

 

I have never been to the Principal's office before.

Growing up, getting into trouble is a Yoongi-oppa thing. It's not because he's a problem child, but out of the 3 of us, he's the fearless one because once he sets his mind on something, no matter how dangerous or stupid or pointless it may be, he'll do it. This trait of him is one of the things that I love and admire about my oldest brother.

Being the youngest and only girl, I think in a way I pressured myself to not give my parents any worries. My mom and dad always struggled with our family's finances, -- paying for our house's mortgage, groceries, ulitily bills, phone bills, all of our tuition fees , etc. -- and it kills me everytime my dad would need to work extra hours just to make sure we'd get by.

Yoongi-oppa helps the family in the best way he can. Since he turned 18 this year, he got a part-time job at a fastfood near our school and he would work there on weekends and sporadic Friday nights. He tells me that sometimes he also goes to "gigs that I don't really know much about" where he gets paid. All of his paychecks goes to our mom.

Namjoon-oppa, on the other hand, alleviates my parents' stress by his academic excellence. He is the smartest out of the 3 of us -- straight A's since preschool (no kidding, he eats books for breakfast), junior Vice President of the Linguistics AND Science Club, and I'm pretty sure that he's gonna be the class Valedictorian when he graduates 2 years from now.

Me, the youngest, is the precious one. I am the princess of our castle, and a princess that would always be innocent and loving and graceful.

A princess who should NEVER be in fights. A princess who should NEVER cause any problems or worries to the family. A princess who should NEVER make his older brothers worry. A princess who should NEVER be caught cheating on her exams.

Before I used to think that I may not be as smart as Namjoon-oppa or as skillful as Yoongi-oppa, but atleast I am the kindest one. I never, EVER, not in a million years, would upset my parents. This is the best thing I could offer this family. This is the only thing I could give back to my parents for all the hardwork they've been doing for us.

 

So imagine how hard I am crying right now while waiting outside the Principal's office. I'm not even crying; I am sobbing like a freakin' whale. My eyes are so puffy and hot from all the tears that had left in them and I can't even breathe properly.

This is so unfair. What makes everything worse is, I didn't do it. I WOULD NEVER CHEAT.  Never. My parents taught me well.

 

I wish I could just vanish like thin air. 

 

Just as I was about to have a breakdown again, I noticed a shadow near my feet.

When I looked up, it was Jimin with a water bottle and handkerchief on his hands.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, in between helpless sobs. My voice is a little hoarse. Yuck.

He sat beside me and handed me the water bottle, "It's break time. I just came to check on you. How are you doing?"

"Jimin, I --" Just before I finished my sentence, I can't help but sob like a baby again. Jimin slowly reached for my shoulder and gave me a warm side hug. His touch made me feel so much better, but I still can't stop myself from crying.

"I know. You don't have to say anything. I know you didn't do it. I trust you." Jimin wiped my tears away with his handkerchief and placed his chin on the top of my head. I burried my face on his chest.

"I am so sorry. I know this has been hard for you." He whispered to my ear.

"Everyone hates me. You hate me. Taehyung hates me. Jungkook hates me way before last night. I hate myself." I ranted.

Jimin rubbed my shoulder, giving it a light squeeze, "Hey, I don't hate you. That's never gonna happen." Then he gave a soft peck on the top of my head, "I'm just worried about you."

"I'm sorry." I whimpered. I salute Jimin for not laughing at me because I swear I look so ugly right now.

He touched my hair, played with it as I sank more deeply into his chest,  "Everything's going to be okay. The truth will come out eventually. Just know that you are never alone. We believe in you."

"I missed you. I felt like I was gonna die when you all gave me the silent treatment. Don't ever do that again. You're all I got in this place." I said, punching Jimin light on the chest.

I sat properly and fix my face. Just in time, the Principal came out of his office and called my name.

Jimin squeezed my cheeks, "You're gonne be fine. Just be honest. Nica, fighting!"

I forced a smile at him. Having Jimin's support made everything less... horrible.

 

I stood up and slowly walked towards the Principal's office. It was a huge office with lots and lots of filing drawers containing student documents. The Principal, Mr. Do, was already sitting at his sturdy desk, "Nica, right? Have a seat, please."

There were a pair of chairs facing each other in front of Mr. Do's desk. I sat on the chair that was on the left side. When I was seated, Mr. Do opened the folder that was in front of him. It's my student record, apparently.

"Mr. Lee filed a report against you, accusing you of cheating by placing notes under your desk. You know cheating is strictly prohibited in this school, right? It's written in your handbook."

"Mr. Do --" 

 

Suddenly, the door flung open.

 

"Jungkook??" I blinked. Is he lost? Why is he, of all people, here?

"Jungkook, is there something I can help you with? Nica and I are discussing some things that you have no business with. Could you wait outside?" Mr. Do said. Of course our Principal knows Jungkook. He is the youngest star athlete of our school -- bagging gold medals in marathon, Taekwando, and wrestling. 

"Mr. Principal, with all due respect. I think I need to show you something." Jungkook sat in front of me, a paper and a notebook in his hand.

He placed the piece of paper and the notebook on Mr. Do's desk.

All of a sudden, I recognized that it is MY notebook that he's been holding, "Why did you bring my notebook?"

Jungkook just glanced at me then he looked at Mr. Do again. He cleared his throat, opened my notebook, and said, "Nica is my seatmate, so I know her handwriting. This is clearly NOT her handwriting, Mr. Do." he then pointed at the piece of paper that he was also holding, and it turns out that it's the one that Mr. Lee found under my desk.

Jungkook continued, "The handwriting on these notes are sloppy, and Nica's penmanship is nice. And also..." he turned the paper over, "... it looks like this paper doesn't belong to a student here. See the school name? Nica didn't write this, Sir."

"How can you be so sure? It doesn't really prove anything, Jungkook. She could have changed her writing, and who knows it could be that she has a friend studying in that other school. Besides, even if it's not hers it's still considered cheating if she really used it." Mr. Do replied in complete disbelief.

"Well, I just don't get why Nica would do it. You've seen her spotless records, I suppose. Has she been reported before? Have you talked to our teachers about her?" Jungkook interrogated our Principal like he's a freakin' big-shot prosecutor.

Mr. Do looked confused, "What are you saying? Nica, care to explain?"

They both looked at me. I froze for a moment.

Jungkook held my hand that's on my lap, "I think it's time to tell someone, Nica. Please. You've been bearing with this for the longest time. Enough is enough."

"Tell me what?" Mr. Do asked again, shifting his eyes bewteen Jungkook and I.

Jungkook squeezed my hand tightly. I looked at him and he smiled at me warmly. I let out a heavy sigh and said, "My classmates... my girl classmates have been bullying me since the day I entered this school. I think it's because of the fact that I hang out with Jungkook and the others a lot, and they were all kind of..."

"Jealous about it? I clearly see how popular Jungkook's peer group is." Mr. Do finished my sentence.

Jungkook got his phone from his pocket, played a video, and gave it to the Principal, "I took that video almost a month ago. We were in PE class and you can clearly see the girls picking on her."

I can't see the video but I hear voices and some shouting.

Jungkook spoke again, "I know Nica would get mad at me if I report this, but I just can't sit back and look away while she's being bullied by these girls. If I had it my way, I would have hit those girls back just to get even. Of course I'm not gonna do that because that's not how my mother raised me."

I added, "Mr. Do, I... I don't feel safe in here. This school was supposed to be a place where I could learn and make new friends, but I don't get to do that with all of these girls picking on me everytime I breathe. You've watched the video, and I'm sure that it's enough proof that I'm not making anything up. I've been bullied countless times, but I chose not to report this to you or to anyone not because I want this to happen or I'm scared of these girls, but because I don't want my parents to worry. That's the ultimate reason why I'm bearing with all of this. I love them and I would do anything to lessen their stress. They have so much on their plate already. Getting into trouble would be the last thing I'd do, and what Mr. Lee has accused me completely contradicts with this. I would swear on all things that are holy, that I did NOT cheat on that test."

Mr. Do was quiet for a minute. Then he looked at my folder and wrote something on it.

I looked at Jungkook, who was already staring at me, his doe-like eyes worried.

When Mr. Do was done writing, he faced me and said, "Now... I am so sorry that our school was not able to protect you. Bullying is a grave offense in this school, as you must know, and it saddens me that you are a victim of it. I will hold a meeting for all of our teachers and also with our school administrators regarding this. I can't believe your teachers let this happen in class hours! We will come up with new rules and ways to avoid this from ever happening again. I will also call out your classmates' parents ---"

I cut him off, "No...no no. No need, Mr. Do."

"This has to stop right now, Nica. Tolerating them means still giving them power over you. Nobody deserves to be treated like how they treat you. It's not your fault that handsome guys all want to hang out with you." Mr. Do then winked at Jungkook, making him giggle, "Anyway, as for Mr. Lee's report, I can't really let you off the hook just because you told me you didn't do it. The notes were still found under your desk. However, I will tell him to just give you a make-up exam and extra assignments for compensation, instead of failing you."

"Oh my gosh, thank you, Mr. Do! Thank you!" I felt relieved with his words that I ended up crying again, this time because of happiness.

Mr. Do smiled at me, "Thank your lawyer boyfriend, too." he said, pointing at Jungkook.

My eyes widened, "We... I... He... I am not... We are not dating."

Mr. Do chuckled, looking at our intertwined hands, oh my goodness we're still holding each other's hands IN FRONT OF OUR PRINCIPAL, "Your hands say otherwise."

I let go of Jungkook's hand swiftly. Jungkook scratched his head and stared at the ceiling in embarrassment.

"It's okay. I allow hand-holding. Just hand-holding. I was a teenager once, too." Mr. Do said warmly, and yes, he emphasized the word just.

I changed the topic, I am so embarrassed right now that I feel like my hair is turning red from all the blushing, "Mr. Do... thank you again. For everything."

"You're welcome, Nica." Mr. Do let out a huge smile on his face that turned all my worries about this situation away.

 

Jungkook and I stood up and left the Principal's office. We were both silent as we walk in the corridors. I have so many things to say him right now, mostly about how grateful I am to him for backing me up earlier, but I can't make any words in my head. I don't know if it's because of all the crying I did today or because I'm not used to talking to him. Maybe both.

We faced each other, almost at the same time. When we realized that, we both turned away.

"Jungkook, I just want to say thank you. If you didn't come by Mr. Do's office, I would be in so much trouble." Before I even knew it, I was crying again.

 

What happened today made me realize that I was not really okay for the longest time, that I was just holding it together and ignoring everything that it snowballed and hit me solidly in the face. 

 

Jungkook slouched, meeting my eyes, "Hey, don't cry. It's done. You're okay."

"I was so scared earlier that I swear I wish I was dead." I know this is a nasty thing to say, but it's the truth. I was so pressured and angry and confused and scared that I thought it'd be easier to just cease to exist.

He pouted, "Please don't say things like that." he smacked me in the head gently, "I can't afford to lose you."

"Oh yeah? Then why aren't you talking to me? What seems to be your reason?" It was too late when I realized that I shouldn't have asked his stupid question. The mentally and emotionally stable me would just let it slide or pretend that she didn't hear what Jungkook just said because honestly how would you respond to that statement? 

"It's because Taehyung, Jimin and I ---" Jungkook stopped himself mid-sentence, like he was caught red-handed or something, "Sh*t."

Without saying another word, he walked away from me. 

"Ya! Jeon Jungkook! Where are you going?!" I screamed. I ran to catch up to him.

"I'm going home." he replied coldly. It looks like we are back to not-talking mode again.

"Hey, I can't keep doing this. I'm done." I said, in an irritated tone. One second ago he was like a prince who slayed a dragon to save me and now he's back to being Jungcocky again?

Jungkook stopped walking so I did too. He faced me.

I spoke again, "If... If you can't..." damn it, I'm stuttering! I cleared my throat, "If you really can't afford to lose me, then act like it. I am so thankful to have you as a friend and it makes me so sad to see how easy it is for you to just ignore me whenever you want. You are one of the reasons why I remain strong even if my life is slowly falling apart, so please. Talk to me."

Jungkook quickly threw his arms tightly around me, catching me off-guard, "I'm sorry. I'm just not good with... this stuff."

 

I honestly have no idea what he's talking about. All I know is his warm arms feel so good around me. It's like a hot pack on a cold, winter night.

 

He let go almost instantly, scratching his head again, "Just... don't get in trouble again, okay? You make us all worry."

We continued to walk again. We still need to get back to class. "I'm sorry. For making you all worry last night. Yoongi-oppa told me that you stayed outside our house waiting for me. Is that true or is he overreacting again?" 

Jungkook blushed, "I was just making sure that you got home safely. Jimin and Taehyung were worried too, you know. We couldn't study for the exams, so we might need to do the make up exam too." He chuckled, "Anyway, did you know Hobi-hyung even went on Google for hours trying to find ways how to track your cell? He was..."

 

Jungkook went on and on about what they were all doing last night while they wait for me to come home. It made me more guilty than I already am, but, in a way, it made me feel better as well. Obviously not because I want them all to suffer, but because 1.) Jungkook's talking to me again, and 2.) I finally came to realize that they all really love and care for me. That I will never be alone.

 

Being a teenager in a school full of bullies and nights that I can't even remember may be hard, but I am never alone.

 

-------

After class, I asked the boys if we could all go to the diner in front of our school for milkshakes. I thought of treating them for all the pain I've caused them last night. I asked Jennie to come with us, but for some weird reason, she refused, telling me she has an emergency and came running as soon as the bell rang for dismissal.

Upon reaching the diner, we merged 2 long tables so we could all sit together.

As soon as everyone was settled on their seats [Jungkook, Jin-oppa, Namjoon-oppa, and Yoongi-oppa sat on one side, their backs on the counter, while Taehyung, Jimin, Hobi-oppa, and I sat on the opposite side], Namjoon-oppa asked the waitress for some menus. While the others were picking out their milkshake flavors, Jin-oppa started complaining, "I am not prepared for our Calculus exam tomorrow, Yoongi. I really want to punch Kangin for convincing Ms. Park to move it tomorrow."

Yoongi-oppa shook his head, "He is so full of himself."

Hobi-oppa whispered, like this Kangin was sitting beside our table, "Are you talking about the same Kangin who wrecked the dance studio? Damn, I want to punch him too."

 

Oh, does violence really come with age? Poor Kangin.

 

Taehyung handed the menu to me, "Which flavor do you like?"

I skimmed through the milkshake menu, "Hmmm... just the plain chocolate, maybe. Which one did you pick? No, don't answer that... Strawberry?"

Taehyung grinned at me and nodded. Of course he'll order Strawberry. Taehyung loves every strawberry-flavored food and beverage there is. He is the cutest when he eats strawberries.

Then I faced Jimin, who was on my other side, "Then for our Jiminie... I'm gonna guess what you'll order... Hmmm.... you like chocolates too, but -- chocolate cherry! Am I right? You always say that plain chocolate is boring."

"Our Nica knows me well." Jimin pinched my cheek as he smiled cutely at me, his eyes shaped into a pair of crescent moons again.

"Of course I do." I shrugged. I looked at the menu again, "For Jungkookie, he loves banana AND chocolates, so I guess banana fudge is his order." I said, confidently.

Jungkook shook his head. Jimin and Taehyung both said "Wooohh..." at the same time.

"You lost your touch, Nica." Namjoon-oppa said, making a "tsk" sound.

"Wait! I could do this. I know what you like!" I said, skimming through the menu again.

"YOU know what I LIKE? Sure." Jungkook replied with a smirk, his voice suddenly at bit... alluring? Honestly, I really don't know what he's thinking half of the time.

I shrugged it off, I may be hearing or interpreting things differently due to stress and exhaustion, "Oh, yes! I missed something." I cleared my throat and closed the menu then pointed at Jungkook, "You want banana fudge BUT with extra whip cream and milk and chocolate shavings on top."

Jungkook, being so extra, nodded, and clapped his hands, "You... are correct. YOU JUST WON 1 MILLION DOLLARS!"

We all laughed together and my chest started to feel so warm. The past 48 hours have been so ty and it's nice to finally have a sit down with my boys, just laughing and talking.

When our laughter vanished, I finally said while trying so hard not to cry again, "I just want to say that I'm so sorry for making you worry last night. It won't happen again."

The boys all smiled at me, and if I could just capture this moment using my eyes as a camera, I totally would.

I resumed my heartfelt message, "I won't do it again, I promise. Thank you for looking out for me. I thought having 2 brothers is hard work, but having 5 more... it's actually comforting."

Yoongi-oppa said, "We all love you, Nica." Now being the tsundere that he is, he stood up and said, "C'mmon now, we should order! No more sappy words to each other. I think Nica would be crying any minute again if this continues on."

Jin-oppa corrected him, "No, Yoongi. You will be crying if this continues on." 

 

Yoongi-oppa made a face. We all burst out laughing.

 

"Whatever, Hyung. Be thankful you're older than me because I swear if you weren't, I would have hit you." Yoongi-oppa said, still pouting.

"I hit Jin-hyung all the time." Jungkook -- the youngest out of all of us -- said with pride and confidence. Serioursly, he's proud of hitting Jin-oppa?

Yoongi-oppa defended, "It's because I still have respect for elders, Kookie."

Namjoon-oppa then said, "You're a lot more talkative today, Jungkook-ah. Something happened?"

Jungkook and I looked at each other and smiled.

"Nothing, Hyung. I'm just happy that Nica is safe and she's with us now." Jungkook responded.

"If you are really happy, come order with us then. Nica, let's go." Yoongi-oppa said.

Jungkook and I stood up. Before going to the counter, I repeated their orders, "Okay, chocolate for me, strawberry for TaeTae, chocholate cherry for Chim, Joonie-oppa, what's your order again?"

"Uhmm... I want the Strawberry Cheesecake." Namjoon-oppa replied.

"Jin-oppa?" I asked.

"I want you." Jin-oppa sent finger hearts my way then he laughed out loud.

I blushed. I don't have time for this right now, Jin-oppa! Stop making my heart beat so fast! Honestly. 

Hobi-oppa sneered at Jin-oppa, "Nica has been scarred for life, Hyung. Nica, ignore her." Then he looked at me, "I want the capuccino. Thank you, Nicaaaa!" He tells me, acting all cute. He makes me giggle all the time.

Jin-oppa stopped laughing and told me, "I'll get a Mocha. Thank you for the treat, Nica." 

"You're welcome, Oppa." I replied, sending finger hearts on his way like he did to me earlier. Jin-oppa laughed again, his ears turned red.

 

I made my longtime crush laugh. OMG.

 

Jungkook, Yoongi-oppa and I all went to the counter to order. While waiting in line, I recognize someone sitting by the counter next to the cashier. I thought I was hallucinating at first, but nope...

 

"Sehun is here." I whispered to myself. I panicked right out, but kept my cool 'cause Yoongi-oppa and Jungkook have no idea who he is. 

"Did you say something?" asked Jungkook.

I shook my head excessively, "Anya, anya... uhm... Yoongi-oppa, what's your order?"

Yoongi-oppa looked at the menu board posted on top of the cashier, "I might try the peach milkshake."

The group in front of us was done ordering so we walked towards the till. I shifted my position with Jungkook to avoid Sehun from seeing me.

He is literally half an inch away from Yoongi-oppa right now. Why is this diner designed this way? Customers shouldn't be sitting next to the cashier!

My internal organs are all screaming in terror right now. Eotteokhe?

 

Sehun's with his classmates, I guess. They are all wearing the same uniform. I recognize some of them, maybe they're at the party last night too.

"I'll be right with you. I just have to help prepare some orders." The cashier told us.

"Okay." Yoongi-oppa said.

 

Andwae!!! Take our orders first, Miss. Please! We need to be away from Sehun as much as possible!!!!

Suppressing all of this panic is making me lightheaded. I feel like throwing up.

As we were waiting to order, we could hear Sehun's voice, "....I swear Bro, she was so hot! She was just but the way she moved on the dance floor... wow. You wouldn't believe she's just 16." 

The much taller guy with round eyes beside him then asked, "Is that who you're with last night? Woah. You really hit it off with her, didn't you?"

 

"Sh*t." I whispered to myself again. Jungkook has bionic hearing so of course he still heard me, "Is everything okay?"

I ignored Jungkook as I was busy eavesdropping Sehun's conversation with his classmates.

Sehun then said, "I did! I wish I could see her again. Last night wasn't enough. If I see her again, I'm gonna show her my moves."

They all laughed.

The tall guy punched Sehun's arm, "Did you even kiss her, man?"

"She was so hammered last night that it would be boring to make a move on her. It's like kissing a pole." said Sehun, you could sense the disappointment in his tone. Hammered?! I was so hammered last night that I was like a pole?! What the actual f--

I looked at Yoongi-oppa, who was smirking at himself. Obviously, he's listening to their conversation. Sorry for swearing too much, but sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t 

Another guy, gray-haired, who was beside the tall guy said, "Do you have a picture of her?"

 

Please. You don't have a picture of me, right? I don't remember taking a picture with you, Sehun!!!!

 

Sehun replied, "Oh, wait. I do! Kai sent me this picture."

 

Yoongi-oppa will kill me. No wait, he will kill Sehun first then he will kill me.

 

"Hey, Nica. Are you sure you're okay? You're sweating so much." Jungkook asked me again.

"I'm not okay." I finally responded. Sh*t's about to get started.

Jungkook then said, "Why? What happened?" 

 

"ZOOM IN ON HER FACE! I can't see!" said the grey-haired dude.

"Oh, she's cute!" said the tall guy.

"I promise the next time I see her, I'm gonna pound on her like there's no tomorrow." said Sehun, sounding like a freaking maniac.

 

SHUT THE UP SEHUN. Yoongi-oppa will have you killed!

I am swearing so much today it's not even funny.

 

Jungkook snapped his fingers to get my attention, "Nica, answer me. What happened?"

 

"YOU PIECE OF SH*T. That's my baby sister, you ing ert!" Yoongi-oppa yells, as his fist meets Sehun's face.

 

I said to Jungkook, "That happened." 

 

 

-----

 

 

A/N: Another cliffhanger. I am so sorry if I'm slow in updating. I'm trying to be better. I've been having writer's block and I'm doing the best I can to lessen it. Thank you for reading! ♥

Also, please don't hesitate to leave comments. Your comments keep me going and motivate me to write and improve.