Transferee

The Luckiest Girl ( a BTS fanfiction)

Another day at school...

 

"Ya, Jimin. I'm not kidding! I feel like someone's following me when I'm on my way to school!"

Taehyung covered his face. He's been throwing tantrums the minute he walked in class.

Jimin grins at him and patted him on the head, "Taehyungie, I think you're just overreacting. You need to stop watching dramas."

Taehyung glared at him, "I am not making it up! I saw her! Well, almost. She was just good at hiding and running away. I'm gonna catch her someday."

"Her? Your stalker is a girl?" I asked him.

Taehyung ran to me, squatted in front of my desk, eyes widened, "Nica, you believe me right?!"

I squished his cheeks, "I believe you, Taehyungie. Please be careful, okay?"

He gave me a cute smile then turned to Jimin, all smugged. His expression telling him I told you so. Jimin pouted and crossed his arms. Honestly, these two. Their cute bickering makes my day.

"Maybe that girl has a crush on you." Jungkook said. Yup, he's here. I am well aware that he's here 'cause my legs keep twitching for whatever reason.

"But isn't it a little creepy that she follows me everyday? She even knows where I live. She knows which route I take, even the shortcuts. It's kinda creepy." Taehyung replied.

"Do you know what she looks like?" Jimin asked.

Taehyung looked up, trying to remember his stalker's face, "Hmmm... Not quite. I remember that she has long h---"

 

He was cut off by the school bell. He and Jimin ran to their desk just before our teacher entered the classroom. To our surprise, a girl walked behind him. A transferee, I guess?

Our first period teacher asked her to introduce herself. The girl faced us, all smiles, and said, "Good morning, my name is Jennie Kim. Please treat me well."

She is quite pretty; long, ash brown hair that's up to her waist, cat-like eyes, and a super tiny physique. 

 

I wonder if she'll turn out like my other girl classmate who hate me for "hanging out with the cool guys." Ugh. 

Seriously, why do they glorify these 7 dorks so much? They are not cute!

Except for Jin-oppa.

And well, uhm... Jungkook.

And Hobi-oppa is cute too.

And Jimin and V.

And my brothers, too.

 

Fine, they ARE cute.

 

Nica, get out of your brain. You're in class. You need to focus on studying -- or something.

 

"Jennie, sit beside Taehyung. Are you guys related at all since you're both Kim's?" our teacher asked.

Jennie shook her head. Taehyung, as always, just stared at her blankly, and responded, "Well, you know that 1/3 of this class are Kim's, right Sir?" Jennie giggled timidly, covering with her hand as she sat beside him.

 

Then our class resumed. I would throw glances at Jennie, as I'm not used to someone sitting beside Taehyung. Although all I can see is the back of her head, I could tell that she's confident and she can carry herself very well. 

She reminds me of my eldest brother too, Yoongi-oppa, as both of them have a resting face. HA.HA.

 

"She's cute, Nica. But not as cute as you." Jimin whispered to me. He probably noticed me staring at Jennie's back, "It's just a wonder that she transferred here at this time. We're towards the second half of the school year."

 

 


 

Next period was PE, which I totally hate not because I'm not athletic, but because my girl classmates get to hurt me every chance they get --- may it be hitting me with a volleyball, basketball, tennis ball, soccer ball, or even pushing me to the pool (good thing Jungkook was a swimmer, he saved me that one time). They may have been treating me casually for quite a while after the change room incident, but that didn't last very long. The only consolation is, they won't do anything when the boys are near me; I sit in between Jimin and Jungkook in class and I always eat lunch with the whole gang in the cafeteria, so they couldn't get to bully me most of the time. Well, except PE. Girls are almost always separated from boys during PE.

I'm putting up with all of this because I don't want it to be a big deal. Besides, they only get to do it during PE.

 

Anyway, we are doing gymnastics for today's class.

"Oh, thank God. They can't hit me with a ball today." I said softly to myself.

Taehyung, who was standing beside me, said, "We'll be using ribbons. They can't hit you with ribbons, though. Can they?"

"Well, they managed to hurt me when we took tap dance classes last time, remember? Who knows what they'll do this time." I answered.

Taehyung shook his head then tapped the tip of my head with his big hand, "Gwaenchanha, Nica. I will protect you."

My TaeTae is so sweet. I smiled at him and said, "Thank you, Superman."

Jimin, who was on my other side, squeezed my hand, "Don't worry, I got you, too. They need to stop bullying you though. It's been months. We're 2/3 done with school."

Jungkook, surprisingly, walked in between us, forcing Jimin to let go of my hand. He is his usual Jung-cocky self again.

 

JUNGCOCKY. LOL.

 

Jungkook glanced at me, "I need to stand beside you in case they push you again or something. You're as fragile as paper."

Then he smiled to himself -- it lasted for 2 seconds, like he was too embarrassed about what he had told me.

I nudged him on his stomach, causing him to groan. That's when his bunny smile appeared.

 

Our PE teacher called them out, "Jimin, Jungkook, Taehyung. Come here. Boys are separated from girls. Line up with Taemin."

 

Darn it. My bodyguards are gone.

 

 

Our PE class began, and I was so amused by how great Jimin is! That boy, I swear, is really flexible. He nailed every routine.

So far, my girl classmates have not thought of any dirty tricks. I was starting to think that they got tired of being such horrible human beings and maybe even decided to leave me alone.

 

But then our teacher handed us the ribbons.

 

Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook were watching me like a hawk from across the gym, making sure that my bullies are not up to something.

"Hey, I heard you." 

I looked at the direction of the voice. It was Jennie who just spoke, and she was kind of confronting Wendy.

"I could report you to the office, you know." Jennie said.

Wendy then glanced at me and then back to Jennie, "So you're siding with that flirt? You're gonna regret it." She walked away and joined the other bullies.

I approached Jennie, "Hi. It's Jennie, right? I'm--"

"Nica. I know." she replied. She looked at the girls, "I've been listening to them since the beginning of the period and they won't stop talking about you. I don't wanna say anything 'cause I'm a transferee, and transferees were supposed to quiet, right? But then one of them said that it would be fun to see you trip with the ribbons. That's when I've decided to confront them. Were they always this terrible to you?"

I nodded.

Her jaw dropped, "And you're not doing anything?"

I shook my head.

 

 

PE ended, and it's the first time that I did not experience any physical pain, nor I am wet.

Thanks to Jennie.

 

To return the favor, I asked Jennie if we could sit together at lunch. The 7 dorks came to our table to say hello to her before they all sat to our usual spot. I admit, I missed having a girl to talk to. Sure, the gang welcomes me with open arms and makes me feel loved, but it really makes a difference when I get to chat with a girl, mostly because I, myself, is a girl. I get to share stories about our cute Math prof, the latest trends in fashion and make-up, the new BTS album (OMG, I kinda freak out when I found out that she's also a big fan of them), and basically everything else that I couldn't, or wouldn't, be able to share with the boys.

We didn't even notice that lunch time was over because we had so much fun just talking.

 

Before we head back to class, Jennie stopped me, "Wait, I need to go pee. Could you come with me?" 

 

Another perk of having a girl friend --- I have someone to go to the bathroom with when I need to. YES!

Imagine if I had to ask Taehyung or Jimin to come with me to the bathroom? Gahd.

 

I waited outside the washrooms for Jennie. I was busy daydreaming about Jungkook --- NO, JIN-OPPA. I WAS BUSY DAYDREAMING ABOUT JIN-OPPA --- when all of a sudden someone, I think he's from another class, ran past me and threw chocolate milk all over my uniform.

"YA!" I screamed.

My chest was covered with chocolate. Some of it was on my hair, too.

 

Luckily, the boys passed by. They all ran to me.

"Oh no. What happened?! Is this the girls' fault again?!" asked Yoongi-oppa.

I shook my head. I can't say anything because if I say anything, I will totally cry. I can't cry today. I don't want to cry today.

Namjoon-oppa put his arm around my shoulder, comforting me, "Let's get you to the clinic. I'm sure they have extra uniforms there that they could spare you."

 

Just then, Jennie came out of the bathroom, all surprised, "What happened?!"

"We'll take her to the clinic. Someone threw chocolate milk on her. See you in class." Taehyung told her.

Jennie blinked, "All seven of you are coming with her?! Why are you bringing her to the clinic, it doesn't look like she's hurt or anything." 

"We just want to make sure she's okay." Hoseok-oppa replied.

"Tell Bang Seonsaeng we'll be late." Jimin said.

 

We all left Jennie and head out to the clinic.

Upon reaching there, I told them off, "We're here. I'm fine. It's not like this is the first time that someone attacked me. I'm not hurt. My uniform is just dirty, that's all."

Jin-oppa pinched my cheek, "We won't leave until you're done. Come inside and ask for a spare uniform. We'll be right here."

Taehyung looked at his wrist watch, "I'll come with you. There's still 10 minutes before the bell rings."

 

Taehyung came with me inside the clinic. I asked for a spare uniform, but the nurse said that today is laundry day so they can't let me borrow any.

"What am I gonna do then?" I huffed.

 

Just when I thought that this day's gotten better because finally I have a girl friend to talk to, someone decided to throw chocolate milk on me. 

 

Taehyung charmingly asked, "Nurse Min, since it's laundry day... Can you wash Nica's uniform too?"

I hit his arm, "What?! They don't have any spare uniform, Tae. I can't go to class with nothing on!" I exclaim, covering my chest with my arms.

Taehyung started unbottoning his uniform, yes, right in front of me and the nurse and probably 3 other sick students lying on the clinic beds,"You can use mine in the meantime. We could come back right after our 4th period to get your uniform."

He gently held his uniform by the sleeves and jerked it off his shoulders, then his arms. Good thing he's wearing a tshirt underneath. He even smelled it before handing it to me, "I didn't sweat so much so it's still good. Good thing I put on my cologne this morning so it smells nice." He pointed to the bathroom behind the nurse's desk, "Go change now. We'll be late for class." Then he smiled widely at me, and I can't help but cry a little bit. 

 

Taehyung might be weird sometimes, and honestly I don't get how his mind works. He has mood swings and he acts like a kid.

He might have his quirks, but he sure knows how to treat a girl right. I am just so lucky to have him as my friend.

 

As I walk towards the bathroom, Taehyung called me, "Nica..."

I turned around, "De?"

"Cheer up, okay? We got you. Oh, and also, wash your hair. You have chocolate on there, too." he said, warmly. That's the only time I get to realize how manly his voice is. It's so deep, yet so calming. Hearing it reminds me of drinking coffee on a rainy day.

I smiled at him and changed.

 

When we got out of the clinic, 6 pairs of eyes were staring at me.

Suga-oppa was the first one to move. He hit Taehyung on the head, "YA! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY NICA?! IS THE CLINIC EMPTY?! YOU ERT!"

I shielded Taehyung with my body, "OPPA! There are no spare uniforms for me so Taehyung offered his! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!"

Yoongi-oppa's small eyes enlarged. He scratched his head in embarrassment, "Well... he didn't have his uniform on...and you... you were wearing it... so I thought... we thought..."

Jimin hit Taehyung on his tummy, "You scared us, Tae! I thought you made a move at Nica while you were inside!"

"Why are you all hitting me?! Aish." Taehyung complained.

I faced Taehyung. I held the hem of his uniform and said to him, "Thank you for letting me wear this, Taehyung. You are such a gentleman."

"Anything for our princess." Taehyung answered with a smile.

"Are you sure you're okay, Nica?" Jin-oppa asked me, looking all worried.

I blushed and nodded, "Ne, Oppa. I'm fine. Really."

Hoseok-oppa said, "Should we go to the Principal's office and report this? This is too much."

"No, Oppa. I don't want my parents to worry about me. They have too much on their plate already." I replied.

 

 

We all went back to class afterwards, and sure enough I caught attention again because I'm wearing Taehyung's uniform.

I didn't mind them. I am still touched by Taehyung's gesture.

I held the collar of Tae's uniform and smelled it. Wow. So this is Taehyung's scent. I'm not very familiar with men's cologne, but I like how his uniform smells. It's like walking into a meadow full of flowers after a long walk. I can't help but smile while looking at the name tag that's sown on the uniform's left side pocket that reads Kim Taehyung.

 

Jennie came by my desk, "Why are you wearing Taehyung's uniform?"

I can tell that she was pissed, with her crossed arms and irritated look.

 

What the heck did I do now?!

 

"The clinic can't let me borrow any extra uniforms, so Tae gave me his. He asked the nurse if they could wash mine. I'll go grab it and change after our 4th period." I explained.

"Tae." She smiled sweetly at me, as if she wasn't practically glowering 5 seconds ago, "I got so worried about you when I came out of the bathroom. Are you okay?"

I nodded, still puzzled about how she's acting.

 

 

Nonetheless, I shrug it off. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, given the fact that I'm bullied almost everyday, so I find it really hard to trust anyone in this school except, of course, my 7 dorky knights in shining armor.

Jennie has a resting face, so maybe I just thought that she was mad at me when in reality, it's just her face. 

 

Aish, Nica.

 

Few weeks had passed, and Jennie and I were practically inseparable. We would always eat lunch together and even walk home together. It feels good having her really, as I feel like a girl again. 

Too much time hanging out with the boys made me adapt to their manly nature, and now that I have Jennie, I can be myself again.

I still hang out with them, though not as often as before. Jungkook is still not chummy with me, as he has his reasons, but I still get to spend time with Taehyung and Jimin in between classes.

 

HOWEVER...

 

I noticed that Jennie would always interrupt our conversation, no matter what it is. Again, I chose to shrug it off, thinking that she's just trying to fit in. I didn't mind it; I'm even happy that she gets to be friends with my friends.

 

Upon dismissal today, Jennie invited me over to a coffee shop nearby to review for our exam tomorrow (WOW, WHERE DID THE TIME GO? WE ARE REVIEWING FOR OUR 3RD QUARTERLY EXAMS!). When we reached the school gate, the boys were all there.

I approached my eldest brother, "Yoongi-oppa, I'm not going home yet. Jennie and I will review for our exam tomorrow. Will text you as soon as I head home."

Yoongi-oppa has a stern look in his face. Am I in trouble? "Let me talk to you for a second." Then he looked at Jennie, who was standing beside me, "Mom told me something before we left for school this morning."

"What?! I swear I didn't eat the last piece of cake in the fridge!" I looked at Jennie, "Jennie, why don't you go ahead and I'll meet you at the coffee shop? Save us seats. I'll come over as soon as I can."

"Okay." she smiled sheepishly then walked away.

The boys waited for her to be a few feet away before they all hovered around me, like they were doing a ritual and I am the sacrifice.

"What is this?! Look, Oppa I really need to study---"

"We're worried about you, Nica." Jin-oppa said.

"Worried? Why?" I asked, totally oblivious.

Hoseok-oppa then confessed, "This... Jennie. I... We don't trust her."

I chuckled. I looked at Jimin and Taehyung, "You talk to her everyday!"

"We feel like she's hiding something. Like she's just pretending to like you." Taehyung said.

"I'm sorry, Nica. I know you like her a lot, but we have a bad feeling about her." Jimin said.

 

I stood there in silence.

"We are just looking out for you." Jungkook said. He even held my hand.

I scoffed, "Looking out for me?! You're not even talking to me, Jungkook, because you have "your reasons"! Jennie is a nice girl and after everything that I've been through since the beginning of the school year, I finally get to be myself again. I love hanging out with all of you but it is nicer to be with a girl sometimes. BECAUSE I AM A GIRL! And you know what, atleast Jennie doesn't have crazy fangirls that bully me every single day --- hitting me with all kinds of balls, pushing me to the swimming pool, or even throw chocolate milk on my uniform! I'm sorry to break this to you, but hanging out with all of you ."

"Nica..." Hoseok-oppa said, his voice was calm but firm.

"I'll see you all tomorrow." I pushed them all aside and walked away.

 

I felt so bad for saying those things to the guys. I know that they're just looking out for me, but I was offended by how they see Jennie as a bad influence. Jennie is my only girl friend in school, and it kills me that they want me to stop hanging out with her.

After our confrontation, I went to the coffee shop only to find Jennie standing outside the store with her phone out.

"Why are you here? I told you to save us seats." I told her.

"I have this friend that's throwing a birthday party tonight. and she just texted me the directions to the venue. Wanna come?" Jennie replied.

"WHAT?! Jen, we have an exam tomorrow!" I grabbed her by the wrist, pulling her towards the cafe.

She stopped me, "It'll be quick, I promise! I want my friends to meet you because I've been telling so many stories about you and they can't wait to see you in person. We'll say hi, eat, and then leave. We'll be out of there in 1 hour. C'mmon, Nica. Please?! Have you ever been to a party before?! Now is your chance! You need to have fun sometimes! Meet new people!"

Her words got me thinking. I've never been to a party before, and I think I need to loosen up a bit. Being bullied and attacked almost everyday at school sure the life out of me. Besides, it's just one exam tomorrow. We still have lots of time to study.

I caved in,"Fine. 1 hour. No more, no less." 

Jennie hopped in excitement, "YES!"

 

 

 


 

 

The morning after...

 

"NO!" I answered. My head hurts. 

"THEN WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, NICA?! ARE YOU EVEN THINKING AT ALL?!" Yoongi-oppa doesn't scream. He might seem to be a cold and heartless person to others but he is actually a gentle and caring brother to me and Namjoon-oppa. When I get into trouble, Yoongi-oppa's the one to comfort me and tell me that everything will be alright.

So hearing him scream at me for the first time in my life makes me feel more miserable than I already do.

 

We are on our way to school, all 4 of us -- me, my brothers, and Jin-oppa. I am practically crawling because my head hurts so bad and the sun is burning my eyes and I can't even walk nor think straight.

 

What makes it worse is I have 3 guys, all of them glaring at me as I struggle.

 

Jin-oppa never said a word to me since our confrontation yesterday. I figured that he already knew what happened to me as Yoongi-oppa tells him everything. Namjoon-oppa has his arm around me to assist me in walking, but hasn't said one word to me either.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. I TOLD YOU JENNIE IS A BAD INFLUENCE!" Yoongi-oppa raised his voice again.

"Oppa, can you please calm down? My head is spinning and it hurts more everytime you shout." I held my head.

"We were so worried about you last night, Nica. Jungkook even stayed in front of our door until midnight, waiting for you." Namjoon-oppa finally spoke.

 

Jungkook.

Jungkook waited for me?!

 

"Tell me exactly what happened. Why were you home so late and why are you such in a bad shape today? Did you drink?!" Yoongi-oppa said. Honestly, he's the shortest out of these 3 guys but he has the loudest and scariest voice. 

"I told you, countless times, I don't remember anything. I can't even remember how I got home." I replied.

"Jin took you home." Yoongi-oppa looked at Jin-oppa.

I stopped walking and tugged on Jin-oppa's sleeve, "You took me home?!"

Jin-oppa can't even look at me in the eye. Gahd, I feel so terrible. He tells me, "I found you sleeping outside the coffee shop. Yoongi texted us all saying that you haven't come home yet then I remembered that you were supposed to review with that Jennie girl at the cafe near our school. You were unconscious when I found you. I was so worried."

Namjoon-oppa continued his story, "Hyung was crying when he reached our house carrying you. We thought something bad had happened to you."

Jin-oppa looked away, his eyes red, fighting not to shed a tear.

Yoongi-oppa held me by the shoulders and looked at me, his eyes full of worry, "Please. Nica. I beg you. Stay away from that Jennie. I don't trust her."

 

 


 

When I reached our homeroom, I quickly grabbed Jennie's wrist and took her to the far end of the corridors so no one would hear us.

"JENNIE, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?! YOU FREAKIN' LEFT ME AT THE COFFEE SHOP?! Jin-oppa found me lying there, unconscious!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I am mad at her for bringing me to that party in the first place, furious at myself to even let this happen, and confused at the whole situation that I am in. 

She stared at me, bewildered, "You really don't remember?"

I swear to Goodness if my parents had not taught me that it's bad to strangle someone, I would have strangled her, "I DON'T! Would I ask you if I do?!"

"You were having so much fun last night that you told me to screw our exam and danced the night away. You liked this one friend that I have, Sehun ---"

I cut her off, "Sehun?" WHO THE HECK IS SEHUN?!

She smiled at me, "Sehun! Remember? I introduced him to you. You told me he was kinda cute."

 

Sehun. 

Yes, I remember him now. Tall, with blond hair and charming eyes.

 

"Cut to the chase Jennie. Why was I at the coffee shop?!" 

Jennie shrugged, "I don't know. We were having fun and then you said Sehun was gonna take you home ---"

I cut her off again, "You let a stranger take me home?!"

She replied, "Well, you said that you trust him! Look, I don't get why you can't remember anything last night. I'm sorry if I let Sehun take you home. You insisted to come with him so I didn't have a choice."

I didn't respond. I'm still trying to recall what happened last night --- all I remember is reaching there, meeting Jennie's friends, eating, dancing, drinking a tequila shot... and that was it.

"Maybe it's just the hangover that's gotten you all groggy or something. It'll come to you once you sober up. Why don't we head to the cafeteria and get some coffee?" Jennie grabbed me by the shoulders.

 

WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER ANYTHING?!

 

I am not on speaking terms with Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung so I guess they all know what I did last night. I miss them, and it doesn't really help that I sit in between Jimin and Jungkook and Taehyung is just sitting 2 desks away from me. I want to talk to them but I don't know what to say. 

6th period came and it's time for our exam. I didn't get to study so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna fail. UGH, COULD THIS DAY GET ANY WORSE?!

 

Our 6th period teacher came in with test papers in his hand. He handed them out to us and we all sat quietly as we take the test. I sighed in frustration as I skim through the paper, convinced that I won't be able to answer any of this.

 

AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT.

 

Our teacher, Mr. Lee, walked past me and stepped back. He stood on my side, staring at my desk.

I looked at him, all confused and scared.

He grabbed something below my desk, where we have a storage to place our books and stuff, "WHAT IS THIS?!"

All eyes are on me. I froze in shock when I realized what Mr. Lee was holding.

 

It was a piece of paper, notes written all over it that's most likely covered in the exam.

 

I'm so close to crying. Why did I have that paper under my desk? Who put it there? I may not have studied for today's exam because of what happened last night, but I will never cheat!

My chest is about to explode because of shame and confusion, "Mr. Lee, I don't---"

"You are cheating, Nica!" he shouted.

 

 

 

I wished today was just another day at school.