We Got You

The Luckiest Girl ( a BTS fanfiction)

Two weeks passed by rather quickly, and I eventually got used to my new school. I still hang out with Jungkook, V, and Jimin and we always meet with my brothers, Jin-oppa and Hoseok-oppa at the cafeteria every lunch break.

These guys made everything easier. I was so scared of this whole transferring to a new almost all-boys school, but they reassured me that I have nothing to worry about. 

 

But...

 

I wanna be friends with my girl classmates too! I'm the only girl in our group so there are times that I miss talking about crushes, make up, dresses, that new BTS album (do you know BTS? They are my favorite boy band!), and other topics that I can ONLY talk about with girls.

These guys talk about comics, computer games, sports and hip hop music all day long. Ugh.

 

I tried talking to my girl classmates, but they always throw dirty looks at me everytime I come near them. I'm really not sure why.

 

Did I do something wrong? Is this really how they treat newbies? If so, why do Jimin, Jungkook & V seem to be so nice to me?

 

 

I was deep into thinking about this that I spaced out. Yoongi-oppa nudged my elbow, "Nica, aren't you gonna eat your food? Jin-hyung will snatch it from you if you keep on daydreaming."

Jin-oppa looked at me, "Gwaenchanha?"

I blushed so I looked down to avoid his gaze.

V touched my forehead, "You don't have any fever, I guess."

Namjoon-oppa grabbed my spoon, "Do you want me to feed you?"

Hoseok-oppa stood up, "Do you want me to order you another food?"

I didn't respond.

I looked at the table beside us, where my girl classmates were seating. They were staring at me while whispering to each other.

Jungkook then said, "Are they bothering you, Nica?"

I looked at him, all shocked, "Anya. It's nothing."

Yoongi-oppa said, "Are the girls in your class bullying you? Jimin, I told you to protect her---"

I cut him off, "Oppa, I'm fine..." I let out a heavy sigh,  "...I just feel like the girls in my class hate me for some reason. They don't want to talk to me or even be near me."

Jimin was about to go talk to them but I stopped him. He said, "They're making you uncomfortable! That's not nice."

I replied, "It's okay. I'm just gonna confront them myself."

 

 

And so I did.

Right after our gym class, I spoke to the girls (there were 4 of us in the whole class, including me) while we were in our locker room [Girls are separated from boys so we had some privacy].

I gathered all the strength inside me and finally asked them, "Is something wrong? Did I do anything to you guys?"

One girl responded (Her name's Irene), "I don't know. Did you?"

"It's not that long since we started school, why do you hate me so much as if I stole something from you?"

Another girl, Seulgi, said, "Because you did steal from us!"

"BWO?!" I don't know what she's talking about. "My mom taught me well, I would never steal from anyone!"

The 3rd girl, Sooyoung, chuckled, "You stole Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook from us!"

 

 

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F----

 

 

I was mortified. My mouth was open for a good 30 seconds because I can't find the right words to say.

THESE GIRLS ARE SO IMMATURE! 

Me?

Stealing guys?

 

"I don't know what you did, but maybe you seduced them. That's why they all want to be with you... even Jungkook! You're always with them! It's so irritating! You follow them whenever they go, you even sit beside Jimin and Jungkook!"

I tried to explain, "Well, our seat plan was decided on the first day. I didn't--"

But Irene cut me off, "Shut up. Just admit it, Nica. You're a flirt."

 

Then they stormed off.

They left me hanging there, like a total loser.

 

I can't believe this. Two weeks into junior high and I'm already called a flirt.

 

 

I suddenly heard someone calling my name from outside. It's a cute voice so I'm sure it's Jimin, "NICAAAAAAA! Aren't you done?"

Then I heard Jungkook whispered, "She's a girl, Jimin. Of course she takes time to change."

V then said, "Should we wait for her right there? We look like maniacs here. Seonsaeng might think we're peeping."

Jimin replied to him, "How is she gonna find out----"

Jungkook cut him out, "SSHHH! I think she's crying?!"

 

Jungkook went inside our change rooms. His eyes widened when he saw me crying. "What happened, Nica?"

Jimin and V followed him. When I saw their faces, I started bawling.

 

They panicked. Apparently, they're not used to seeing a girl cry.

Jungkook started pacing back and forth, Jimin covered his eyes so he couldn't see me, and V just stared at me, teary-eyed.

 

Finally, I stopped crying and said, "I'm sorry. I just--- I'm sorry."

"Is something wrong?" asked Jimin.

"Are you on your period?" asked V.

Jungkook hit him, "Ya!"

V then explained, "I just thought maybe that's the reason why she was crying all of a sudden!"

 

 

I said, in between hiccups, "Why are you so nice to me?"

All three of them stared at me blankly, like I was asking them an Algebra question.

"I'm a girl. Boys shouldn't be this comfortable around girls right? Atleast in our age. How come you're not uneasy with me? Especially you, Jungkook. You are terrified of girls, except me." I added.

 

They couldn't answer me.

 

Then Jimin said, "Because you're cute? In everything you do?"

V added, "I don't feel awkward when I'm with you."

Jungkook said, "Because you're genuine. Other girls flirt with me, and it makes me uncomfortable. You don't do that. You stay true to what and who you are."

 

V and Jimin looked at him.

Jimin his hair, "Aigoo, our Kookie is deep!"

Jungkook blushed so he hit them both.

V then gave me his handkerchief, "Is this something about our girl classmates? Did you talk to them?"

I nodded.

"Are they like that because of us?" Jimin asked.

I nodded again.

 

All three let out a heavy sigh.

 

"I don't get it." Jungkook said.

"I think it's a girl thing." V replied.

"Should we talk to them then?" Jimin asked.

 

All three stood up, ready to leave the room.

 

"We'll be right back, Nica." said Jimin.

I stopped them, "Wait! Where are you going?!"

V replied, "We'll talk to the girls, I guess?"

Jungkook said, "Actually, YOU two will talk to them. I'll just stand next to you and nod occasionally."

Jimin and V scowled at him.

"Hey, you don't have to do that. I'm fine." I said.

"Are you sure?" V asked.

I nodded, "Just wait for me at the gym. I'll go change. You better leave before Seonsaeng catches you in here. Ppali."

 

They left.

I cried some more after that, as I really don't get why they'd hate me for hanging out with those 3.

I've never had any guy friends so I don't know how to flirt, and it's not like I'm forcing them to be friends with me. 

 

I don't understand.

I just want to get along with everyone.

 

 

------

After school, V, Jimin and Jungkook walked with me to the school gate. This is where we usually part ways when going home as we all go to different directions.

Then, I suddenly remembered something.

I froze, "Omo. I forgot something!" I forgot my gym clothes at the change room!

"What is it now?" Jimin asked.

"You scared me." V said.

"I forgot something!" I repeated myself. I started running, "You can go without me. I just need to get something at the change room."

"Nica, wait!" Jimin shouted.

 

 

When I came to the change rooms, I saw my girl classmates.

One girl was holding my clothes, Wendy. She wasn't at the changing room earlier.

I laid out my arms to her, reaching for my clothes, "Thank you. I forgot to get them."

Seulgi pushed me, "We are not your friends. Don't act like we are."

Sooyoung showed me a pair of scissors. She smiled, "Well, since you're a flirt, why not make your clothes reveal your true self?"

"Are you freaking kidding me?! You're gonna rip my clothes apart?!" I said.

Irene then grabbed the scissors and pointed it to my jogging pants, "We can make really short shorts for you, if you like. That way you can get whoever guy you like."

Wendy then said, "Jimin would love seeing your legs, I bet."

 

Aish, these crazy es.

 

Seulgi added, "We could cut her gym shirt too! Make it into a tube top or something."

The other three nodded.

"Bring my clothes back please." I asked, trying so hard to be calm.

Irene threw a nasty look at me, "No."

 

 

Surprisingly, we heard a bang on the door.

 

"Who's that?" Seulgi asked, looking terrified all of a sudden.

 

Then we heard voices.

"YA, YOU COULD BREAK THE DOOR!"

"Sssh."

"But it's too---"

"Ssssh!"

 

The 4 girls' face turned red.

Who's listening to us all this time?

 

Seeing them distracted, I grabbed the opportunity and snatched my clothes from Irene's hands.

Since there were 4 of them, they managed to get it again and even pushed me to the floor.

 

"You're really immature! How on Earth would I be stealing V, Jimin and Jungkook from you?! We are all friends. It's not my problem if they find you uncomfortable to be with. Or maybe it's because they don't see me as a girl at all!" I explained.

 

They all looked at each other. My explanation may have made sense to them, I guess?

 

Irene tossed the gym clothes to my face, "Whatever. Let's go, girls. This is useless."

 

They ran towards the door.

When they opened it, Jin-oppa, Yoongi-oppa, Namjoon-oppa, Hoseok-oppa, Jimin, V and Jungkook's faces popped in.

 

The girls were embarrassed. Apparently, these guys were eavesdropping the whole time!

 

Jin-oppa then said, "You know, bullying's not nice."

My brothers didn't say anything; Yoongi-oppa just pouted his lips and Namjoon-oppa shook his head.

Hoseok-oppa said, "Please don't hate our Nica just because we adore her."

 

The girls looked at V, Jimin and Jungkook.

Wendy said, "We just don't get why you love hanging out with her but when it's with us, you're all awkward and weird."

Jimin, V and Jungkook shrugged their shoulders.

Jimin then smirked and said, "The only thing we know is this -- bullying her won't stop us from hanging out with her, BUT it will definitely give us more reasons NOT to hang out with you."

 

The girls frowned and marched away, throwing tantrums into the air.

 

"Are you okay?" Yoongi-oppa asked.

I nodded. I picked up my gym clothes and closed the door to the change room.

 

Did they hear everything?

Aish, I'm so embarrassed right now!

 

"Are you really, as in really okay?" Namjoon-oppa asked again.

"We could buy ice cream if you like. Ice cream makes everything better." Jimin said.

"No. Jjajjangmyeon makes everything better. We could eat jjajjang!" Jungkook argued.

V hit his head.

"I'm sorry if we eavesdropped earlier. We didn't mean to. We met with Jimin, V, and Jungkook at the gate and they said you were here. We were just waiting for youso we could all go home together, but then we heard you screaming." Jin-oppa explained.

"I was literally holding Yoongi-hyung's arms. He was so ready to barge in." said Hoseok-oppa.

"No one can bully my baby sister. They should be thankful I don't hit girls. I still respect them even though they're mean to you." Yoongi-oppa said coldly, trying hard not to be sweet.

I looked at Yoongi-oppa and smiled at him.

"I just want to have some girl friends, too." I sighed, "But I guess I'm stuck with you guys." I replied.

"Ya, why do you sound so upset?" Hoseok-oppa asked, with a big smile on his face.

"We are so fun to be with! What more could you ask for?" Jin-oppa said.

 

I blushed. Aish, Nica.

Keep calm. 

 

"Well... to be honest, you're all dorks." I said jokingly.

 

They all turned to me, shocked.

 

I think I should run for my life now.

 

 

I started running. They all followed me.

I shouted, "I'm just joking!" as I was giggling while running.

Namjoon-oppa caught me then he single-handedly carried me on his shoulder, like he was kidnapping me or something.

 

"OPPAAAAA! YA! PUT ME DOWN!" I said, while hitting his back.

The other six just laughed while Namjoon-oppa twirled me around, making me dizzy.

"HAJIMA! IT'S MAKING ME DIZZY!" I shouted, in between giggles.

 

Namjoon-oppa put me down on a bench near the school gate. The boys hovered around me.

V pinched my cheeks, "You're so cute."

When I regained my consciousness, I ran towards Namjoon-oppa and kicked him as hard as I could.

"Do you feel better now?" Jungkook asked.

"I do. I guess being twirled around helped a lot, but I still want ice cream." I replied.

"There's an ice cream shop two blocks from here." Jin-oppa said.

"Let's go then!" Hoseok-oppa said, dancing while half-running and half-walking.

 

 

 

On the way to the ice cream shop, Jungkook and I got a chance to chat since we were walking together. The others decided to have a race; the first one to get to the shop wins of course.

 

"Don't you wanna join them? I know you love winning." I said.

He smiled, "I don't wanna sweat it. I'm gonna win anyways. It's fine."

I chuckled, "Wow. Such self-confidence."

He laughed then scratched his head, "I just want to say sorry. It's partly our fault why those girls were mean to you. Especially me, since I'm always aloof near them. I just... I don't know how to interact with girls. I came from an all-boys school in Busan and I don't have a sister either. You're my first girl friend."

 

My heart skipped a beat.

I know he means girl friend, not girlfriend... but...

 

ERASE ERASE.

My heart belongs to Jin-oppa.

 

 

I smiled, "You don't have to be sorry. It's fine."

"You were brave for standing up to those girls. I can't imagine how I'm gonna handle it if I were you." he said.

"Thank you." I replied.

 

He smiled widely. His prominent two front teeth make him so much cuter. Like a bunny.

 

"Oh, I forgot to tell you something." he said.

"What is it?" I asked.

He blushed, "I'm friends with you not because I don't see you as a girl..."

 

He started walking faster. Then he turned his back on me and said, "I am very aware that you are a girl, Nica."

 

He started running after that, "If you beat me to the ice cream shop, I'll buy you anything you want!"

I shouted, "Hey, wait up!"

 

 

What does Jungkook mean by that?

And why does my heart keep on beating so fast right now?