Kook-ing Disaster

The Luckiest Girl ( a BTS fanfiction)

Jungkook looked at me then at Jin-oppa. I honestly don't know what's on his mind right now. Well, maybe he wants to learn how to cook?

"Do you have any extra aprons, Nica?" he asked me.

I blinked. It took me 5 seconds before I could answer, "Ahh... Yes. Somewhere... I --- NAMJOON-OPPA! Where are the aprons?"

"Why are you asking Namjoon? Eomma never lets him cook, how could he know?" Suga-oppa answered me.

I scratched my head. Then, I remembered that they were placed on the upper shelf on one of our cupboards. 

I tiptoed to reach it, but I can't.

"Here let me---"

"I can--"

Jin-oppa and Jungkook both reached for the aprons to help me. Their hands even clashed.

They looked at each other.

I'm stuck in between them; their arms touching both sides of my head.

"I will reach it for you, Nica dear. Since these two are just standing here staring at each other." I didn't notice that Jimin was standing behind me. He reached for an apron and gave it to me. "What is wrong with the both of you? Are you fighting over who gets the apron?" Jimin asked Jungkook and Jin-oppa.

Both of them walked away from the cupboard and didn't say a thing.

"You guys are so weird." Jimin said. He then looked at me and smiled, "Nica, I'll be waiting for the food that you'll cook. Fighting!"

"Jiminie, don't disturb her! Can't you see she's busy? Besides, we are not yet done with English! Come here, Ppali! " V shouted.

Jimin ran back to the living room to finish whatever they were doing. I went to Jungkook who was by the sink washing some vegetables and handed him the apron, "Your shirt might get wet. Wear this."

"Can you help me wear it? My hands are wet." he asked.

He lowered his head so I can place the apron onto him. Then he turned around so I can tie the laces on his back. My chest felt like exploding 'cause he was so close to me. I can't help but stare at his nice, broad back. He smells good, too.

"Thank you." he said softly. He gave me his signature bunny smile. I feel like fainting.

 

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME. THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

 

I walked away 'cause I might pass out any minute if I stay there any longer. I went over to where Jin-oppa was, "Anything I could do to help, Oppa?"

"You can cut the onions, if you like." he answered. He was cutting the pork for the Japchae.

He's extra handsome when he cooks. I love how focused and gentle he is when he's in the kitchen.

I got some onions and stood beside Jin-oppa. I was dumbfounded for a moment 'cause I realized that I actually don't know how to cut onions. How embarrassing.

"Oppa..." I whispered.

He looked at me and smirked, "You want me to show you how to cut onions?"

"I always watch my mom do it. How about you watch me and then just tell me if I'm doing it wrong?" I replied.

"Okay. Be careful with the knife." he said.

I nodded. I grabbed the knife and started cutting. My hands were trembling not because I don't know what I'm doing, but because Jin-oppa is staring at me. 

"Wait, wait, wait..." he then said, "You need to do it like this." He stood behind me, placed his chin on my shoulder, held both of my hands and showed me how to cut the onions, "Cut them like this. It's easy, right?"

 

HE IS HOLDING MY HANDS

HE IS SO CLOSE THAT I COULD FREAKIN' FEEL HOW WARM AND SOFT HIS CHEEK IS NEXT TO MINE

SOMEBODY CALL AN AMBULANCE OH MY GOODNESS I MIGHT STAB MYSELF

 

"Hyung, I'm done." Jungkook just came out of nowhere holding the vegetables that he washed. His cocky self is back, apparently.

Jin-oppa let go of me and faced him, "Thank you, Jungkook."

Jungkook didn't say a word to him. He gazed at me and said, "You still don't know how to cut onions?!"

I pouted, "Well, Jin-oppa taught me." I glanced at Jin-oppa and grinned.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and creased his brows. What is up with this boy? Honestly. He was a cute little bunny when I was putting his apron on, now he's acting up again.

I just ignored him and continued cutting the onions. 

"Hyung, why did you let her cut the onions?! I should've done it. She doesn't know anything." Jungkook complained.

"Aish, Jungkook. Calm down. You're not supposed to be here anyway, Nica was the first one to volunteer in helping me cook. Let her do it." Jin-oppa answered.

I turned my back and looked at Jungkook who was still busy pouting. I was so preoccupied by his tantrums that I didn't notice that what I was cutting was not the onions anymore, but my own finger.

"Aw!" I shouted. I hurriedly let go of the knife that I was holding. My finger was obviously bleeding so I ran to the sink and wash my cut.

"What happened?!" Jin-oppa and Jungkook shouted in chorus. They both rushed to the sink to check on me.

Jungkook took my hand and checked my wound. In the blink of an eye, he transformed into a caring, concerned friend to me. It's like he has a split personality.

"Good thing it's not too deep." he said, while still holding my hand.

I replied, "I can---"

He cut me off, pulled my hand, placed it on the sink and let the cold water run through my wounded finger, "You should be careful, Nica."

 

My heart melted. His voice was so calm and soothing that I almost forgot that Jin-oppa, my ultimate forever childhood crush, is standing next to us.

 

"Are you okay?" Jin-oppa asked me.

I looked at him, a bit embarrassed by my oo, "Yes, Oppa. Sorry, I was so busy listening to you guys that I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing."

Jin-oppa punched Jungkook's shoulder, "Ya, this is your fault."

Jungkook didn't say anything. He just threw a glance at me and continued tending to my hand.

Just then, my big brothers came, both in a panic.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?!" Yoongi-oppa said.

"NICA, gwaenchanha?!" Namjoon-oppa asked.

"Calm down you guys, she just cut her finger while cutting onions. She'll live." Jungkook answered.

Jin-oppa rolled his eyes, "Says the boy who almost jumped on Nica..." then he turned to face my brothers, "I should continue cooking. The stew is boiling already. My assistant is injured, RapMon can you help me cook the Japchae?"

"RapMon?!" I asked. This is not the first time I heard someone call my Namjoon-oppa that name.

Namjoon-oppa made a face at Jin-oppa then looked at me and smiled. He faced Jin-oppa and replied, "I might burn the whole house if I cook, Hyung. Are you sure?"

"You'll be fine. I'll be watching you like a hawk. Suga, you too. Help me with the veggies." Jin-oppa instructed.

"Suga?!" Jungkook asked. I heard that nickname somewhere, too...

Yoongi-oppa looked at Jin-oppa sternly, "Watch your mouth, Jin."

"Wae? Did you not tell them about ---" Jin-oppa did not finish his sentence as Yoongi-oppa dragged him by his shirt, "Maybe we should just cook. Let's go."

Namjoon-oppa tapped Jungkook's shoulder before following the two, "Take care of Nica, Kookie."

Jungkook and I went to the living room where Jimin and V were still busy reviewing English.

Jungkook asked me, "Where's your first-aid kit?"

I replied, "It's in the bathroom cabinet, I'll grab it---"

He didn't let me finish my sentence again, "I'll do it. Sit here." He stood up and left.

 

Jimin and V then noticed that my finger is bleeding.

"Oh no!" Jimin said, as he quickly came and check my cut. V followed him and looked at it, too.

"Are you okay, Nica? What happened? We should get some medicine and band-aids for it." V said to me.

"I just cut my finger while cutting onions.I'm fine, V. Don't worry." I answered.

"From now on, call me Taehyung. Or TaeTae. V's for strangers and people that I'm not close to." He gave me his adorable box smile, "Is it deep? Let me see." he said, giving me the cutest smile ever. My heart melted like chocolate.

Then, Jungkook came back with the first-aid kit. He basically sprinted to where we were and yelled, "Ya! Don't touch her finger with your dirty hands! It might get infected!" he shouted as he push them aside and hit their backs.

Jimin hit Jungkook's , "You're so overprotective."

V -- no, no -- Taehyung yelled at him, "We didn't touch her wound, of course! You don't need to hit us! Aish."

Jungkook ignored them. He sat beside me, opened the kit and started dressing my wound. He tried to be as gentle as possible, so I didn't feel a sting when he put the medicine on it. He was also extra careful when placing the band-aid on the area.

I was in awe of how he tended my cut. He treated it as if it was a serious burn or something. I've never seen this side of Jungkook before.

"Thank you." I said softly to him when he was finished.

He scratched his head and looked away, "Just... be careful next time okay?"

Jimin pulled Jungkook away from me and sat beside me, "Nica, I know the best way to heal your cut."

"What?" I asked.

Jimin grabbed my hand and kissed my finger, exactly where the bandage is, "There."

I blushed. This is the first time that a guy, other than my dad, kissed my hand. Well, technically it's just my finger, but...

"My mom said a kiss heals everything." Jimin said. He smiled widely at me and pinched my cheek.

Taehyung sat in front of me and held my hand, "Does it still hurt? Be more careful next time, okay? If you really don't know how to cut the onions, just call me and I'll cut them for you."

Jimin kicked Taehyung lightly on the thigh, "You don't even know how to open a stove, how could you cut the onions?! Pabo."

Taehyung answered with a pout, "It's better that I do it so when it comes to worst, I would get hurt, not her."

"You're so sweet, TaeTae. Thank you. Thank you, Jimin for uhm... kissing my finger. I feel much better." I said.

 

I can't believe how sweet they all are to me. My heart is so full right now.

 

Jimin and Taehyung came back to their spots and continued on their study session. Jungkook and I were left alone again.

Jungkook, while looking at the ceiling, then said to me, "I'm really glad it's just a cut. I don't know what I'm gonna do if something bad ever happens to you."

He then looked at me straight in the eye. I swore my heart beat so loud that he could probably hear it.

 

Seriously, what's wrong with him?!

Blowing hot and cold on me all the time.

 

 

Hoseok-oppa then came in, breaking our moment, "I'm hungry! Is the food ready? We should set the table."

"I think they're still cooking, Hyung." Jungkook replied.

Hoseok-oppa then noticed my finger, "Oh no, what happened?"

"Onions. Knife. Finger. Clumsy." I replied. 

He ruffled my hair and said, "You're clumsy like Namjoon, I see. I'm glad it's just a cut." He then went to the dining table and started setting the table. I stood up to help him and Jungkook followed me.

I got some plates and utensils from the cupboard (I can reach them this time) and placed them on the table. Hoseok-oppa and Jungkook went outside to get extra chairs for us. Jimin and Taehyung noticed what we're doing, so they wrapped up their things and helped as well. Jimin went to the kitchen to get rice and Taehyung went to the fridge to get water.

Luckily, the food is ready by the time we're finished. Yay!

Namjoon-oppa came out of the kitchen, proudly holding the Japchae that he "cooked". Jin-oppa was right behind him, holding a pot of Kimchi stew.

"Oh, they both smell so good! I can't wait to eat." Jimin said, rubbing his tummy.

Hoseok-oppa and Jungkook then entered, carrying the chairs.

I quickly counted the chairs that we have, "Oh, we still need one more chair. I'll quickly grab---"

 

"ANDWAE!" All screamed at me, in unison.

"Your hand is injured, Nica. Just sit down and let the boys grab the chair." Yoongi-oppa demanded.

"It's just a cut, Oppa. It's not like I lost a finger. I'll be quick." I insisted.

I swiftly went outside and grabbed one of our patio chairs. I was about to lift it up, but Jungkook managed to snatch the chair from me.

I pouted, "I can carry that, you know. I have 2 hands."

"I know. I just don't want you to. Your cut might bleed again if you put pressure on it by carrying something heavy." he said, "I'm starving. Let's go."

"Hey, wait." I blurted out.

Jungkook stopped walking and looked back at me.

"Why are you like this? I just... I don't understand why at times you get so cocky at me, especially when the others are around. You won't even talk to me at school. Why are you so awkward with me, all of a sudden? Did I do something wrong?" I said.

He looked down again and replied, softly, "Of course not..." He then glanced at me and sighed,  "...I'm sorry if I confuse you with my actions or if I get so moody when it comes to you," he gazed at me again with his big, coal black eyes and added, "I... just... Ihavemyreasons."

He's talking too fast that I thought he was rapping.

"You have your reasons to be cocky at me?" I asked him again.

He really can't look at me directly. He started mumbling again, "Yes. I mean... no. I don't know. All I can say is I'm sorry. And... mebeingcockydoesntmeanthatIdontcareaboutyou. Cause I do. A lot." then he stared at the sky again, "Like Jimin does. And Taehyung. Icareforyou -- We care for you. Because we're friends."

I stared at him blankly, processing the words he just said to me. 

He then screamed and lifted the chair above his head to express his frustration, "I'm sorry. I'm not really good in expressing myself. I get so uncomfortable when I talk about my feelings."

There was a long pause between us. Jungkook sighed, touched his hair and looked at me. My heart started flipping out again, for the nth time.

"Well, look at that. Now I know you have atleast one thing that you're not good at." I said. I smiled widely at him. 

"Yeah, I guess." he replied.

"Oh wait. Plus, Math. There are two things you're not good at." I added, while chuckling.

 

 

And finally, I saw his cute bunny smile again.