The ram and the cattle.

Your Marriage Planner

 

CEO: *I’m so nervous... AH! Ottokae...*

Mrs. Nam: Anneong haseyo sajangnim~

Mr. Nam: Anneong haseyo.

CEO: [Gasps] Oh! Anneong haseyo.

Mrs. Nam: Why were you so shocked?

CEO: Oh I was in my own world and I didn’t see you guys there~ [Awkward laughter]

Mr. Nam: Oh~

CEO: Where are your sons? I haven’t seen them before.

Mrs. Nam: Oh right! Butler~

Butler: Neh?

Mr. Nam: Where are Boohyun and Woohyun?

Butler: Outside sir.

Mrs. Nam: Bring them in.

Butler: Yes madam. Right away~

CEO: I hope that we were of help to you for arranging all the blind dates for your son.

Mrs. Nam: Yes you were but my Woohyun is a little weird. He doesn’t seem to like any of the girls...

Mr. Nam: We’ve looked over their profiles and we felt that the ladies were very nice. I wonder why he doesn’t like them...

CEO: He might have special tastes for girls...

Mrs. Nam: Maybe. But I’m just scared that he doesn’t like girls...

Mr. Nam: Are you saying that our Woohyun is...

Mrs. Nam: Of course not.

CEO: He’s perfectly normal. I’ve seen in the profile that he dated before.

Mrs. Nam: Was it a girl?

CEO: Yes.

Mr. Nam: What did I say? He’s normal!

Woohyun: Who’s normal appa?

CEO: Oh. Anneong haseyo.

Woohyun: Who are you?

CEO: I’m Hyunjae’s sajangnim.

Woohyun: Oh. Anneong haseyo.

Boohyun: Anneong haseyo.

Woohyun: Who’s normal appa?

Mr. Nam: Err...

Mrs. Nam: Everyone.

Mr. Nam: Ah yes yes. Everyone’s normal including you.

Woohyun: Mwo? *Weird... My parents are getting weirder as they age...*

CEO: Let me introduce to you this event very briefly. This event was done by Hyunjae and my other employees. Oh and Hyunjae’s friend. This is basically about the 12 horoscopes.

Woohyun: *Friend? Must be that sunbae...* Where’s Hyunjae?

CEO: Err... There were some problems and she went to... Settle it! Right!

Boohyun: Why were you looking for her? [Whispers to Woohyun]

Woohyun: Why can’t i? I’m curious. [Whispers]

Boohyun: Suits you. [Whispers]

CEO: This way to your seats.

Mrs. Nam: Thank you.

~ Back stage ~

Chihoon: *Here goes nothing...*

Jinee: Why am I wearing this...

Jisuk: Come on~ Let oppa see~

Jinee: Get. Lost.

Hyunjae: *I’m so nervous...*

Chihoon: Get ready people. Ehem. [Clears throat]

Jisuk: Get out there man~

 

Chihoon walked out of the room and applause erupted from the audience below.

Chihoon: Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the ‘The 12 horoscope brides wedding event’. I’m your host for today, Chihoon. Today, we have 12 very beautiful brides that will be representing the 12 horoscopes. Firstly, may we invite our beautiful bride, Aries.

One of the 12 models walked out from the room where Chihoon came from with a smile and stood beside Chihoon for a few seconds before slowly making her way down by the staircase. A mark of Aries was drawn onto one side of her bare shoulder.

Boohyun: Pretty.

Woohyun: You already have a girlfriend hyung.

Boohyun: Don’t tell her I said that.

Woohyun: Don’t worry. I will.

 

Chihoon: Aries is the first out of the 12 horoscopes whose element is fire. The qualities that fire brings about are energy, warmth and vision.

Legend has it that once in an old distant land, the king and the former queen divorced because of personality clashes, and married another woman in the near future. Unfortunately, the new queen gets jealous really easily. She could not bear the love that the king gave to the pair of children whom the former queen bore, so evil thoughts started to form in her.

When spring came, the new queen sent ripe wheat, without the knowledge of the farmers, to all the farmers in the country. Ripe wheat, no matter how much you water it, how fertilized it is, no buds will appear and therefore, the farmers, kept in the dark, were baffled.

The new queen at this time, spread rumors about the bud less wheat, alleging the reason why the wheat was bud less was because the country had been cursed, and the curse was because of the Prince and Princess's evil thoughts. She alleged that due to the evil thoughts that the siblings had had angered the gods, and that this was gods' punishment to the country.

The simple minded farmers believed the new queen's words and thought that because of the 'evil' prince and princess, the country was trapped in the abyss of poverty and hunger, which was indeed a terrible thing.

Not long after, both men and women, young and old, unanimously requested the king to kill the prince and princess so that the country can be freed from this curse and ease gods' anger and that the hard work of the people would not go to waste and last but not at least, the country will be able to restore its past glory.

Although the king seems to disagree, but in order to ease the public's outrage, he had no choice but to agree to the requests of the people to kill his own children, in exchange for the trust of the people. The news travelled fast and into the ears of the former queen, the mother of the prince and princess. Of course, the former queen was both shocked and afraid. She quickly went to the great god, Zeus, for help. Zeus knew that the new Queen was behind all of these so he agreed to help.

On the day of execution, a golden ram appeared in sky and rescued the siblings. However, when flying over the sea, the careless ram let the princess fall into the sea and drowned to her death.

Later on, Zeus, in order to reward this brave but somewhat careless ram, he decided to put it in the sky, which is now known as today's Aries.

The good qualities of Ariens come about from the legend of Aries. They are fun-loving, encouragous, loyal and strong partners who likes helping their partners to achieve goals and taking leads.

 

The model walked down the flight of stairs and stopped in front of the audience, the door which she came out from opened and revealed the second model.

 

Chihoon: Following our Aries bride, it is our lovely Taurus. Taurus is the second horoscope after Aries whose element is earth. The qualities that earth brings about are stability, practicality and nonetheless fertility.

Just like Aries, a mark representing Taurus was also drawn on her bare shoulder.


Woohyun: *I still don’t see Hyunjae... Wait. Why do I even want to see her?*

Boohyun: What do you think of this lady?

Woohyun: I’m attending an event showcasing the brides of the 12 horoscopes. Not attending a blind date with 12 ladies.

Boohyun: Whatever my little brother~

Woohyun: I’m growing up hyung!

 

Chihoon: Legend has it that one day when Zeus was wandering in the world, he passed by a certain country and saw a very beautiful lady, the princess. Zeus unwillingly went back to heaven, still obsessed with the beautiful princess.

The country where the princess was in had a very beautiful ranch where countless cattle graze and play. The beautiful princess always visited the ranch to play with these cute cattle.

One morning the princess, as always visited the ranch. When she was having the time of her time with the cattle, her attention fell onto a certain cattle. The cattle were indeed special, it could sing and it had a really melodious voice and that attracted the princess and she unconsciously walked towards it.

The princess, fell in love with the special cattle at first sight and was unable to extricate herself. Not only was its voice beautiful, it was also really good looking. The princess slowly leaned against the cattle's body, ready to sing with it. Just as she did that, the cattle suddenly took off with the princess and flew towards the sky.

After a long flight, the cattle finally stopped in a beautiful land and transformed, in the blink of an eye, into its human form and expressed his admiration for the Princess. The cattle was the embodiment of Zeus, he could no longer suppress his love for the princess and decided to declare his love to the princess.

The beautiful princess then accepted Zeus's love for her and together, they returned to heaven. Zeus, in order to commemorate the place where the confession took place, he named the land after the princess's name, Europa. That land named after the princess is known as today's European continent. Zeus also placed his embodiment, the cattle, in the sky which in turns becomes what we know as today's Taurus.

The legend of Taurus depicts a love story, breaking the general concept where people think that Taureans do not know how to be romantic.


Boohyun: Romantic eh?

Woohyun: I’m not a Taurean.

 

Chihoon: Taureans are kind, loving, acquisitive, affectionate, creative, stable, gentle, cautious and also very peaceful which makes them good companions.

The second model walked down the stairs and stood beside Aries. The door opened and revealed the third model.