Confession

Butterflus Effect

"Hey." A jacket draped on Irene's shoulder, drawing her attention from the night sky to a blonde with puppy eyes. "You could get cold with that thin jacket of yours."

 

Irene turned her head away and huffed. "The cold don't even bother me anyway."

 

The blonde laughed out with the referring of the movie they used to watch once in a while. There is this once Wendy begged Irene to watch the original version instead the Korean audio version. She would blurt out some famous sentence sometimes in the middle of the movie and sing along with it. Since then Irene never bother to change back to the Korean audio version anymore.

 

"What is bothering you then Princess Irene?"

 

The said princess decide to ignore her shining knight in sweater, hugging on her knees she look towards the road where there is no car strolling around. She likes the blend of yellow lashes between moon and road lamp, radiating on the roadside, gives everything around a more yellowish look.

 

Wendy thinks she is mad. But there is no reason for her to be mad when the only thing she did this evening was just playing game?

She placed her whole arm at the edge of the wall beside Irene, plopping her head on it.

 

Irene tells herself she will not be swayed with that cute cheek that easily. Ignoring the latter, she fixed her gaze at the same place, but this time purely just to deny Wendy existence. Even though deep down she can even felt heat emitting from the figure beside her despite that there is no skin touching between them.

 

-

 

“What do you think they will be doing by now?” Seulgi asked while she eats the cookies prepared by Wendy. She ate rather clumsily and the crumbs sticks around her cheek doesn’t gone unnoticed by the others.

“Ah, there’s crumb over there.” Smiling, one of the member from the pet shop, Jisoo, proceed closer to Seulgi and wipe off the crumbs on Seulgi’s cheek with her thumb. “There you go.” she smiled as she retractes her hand. Seulgi smiled and thanked her before she went back to her food.
Joy who was at other side of the room talking to Rose(more like luring Rose to tell her what happened in the room) didn’t miss the scene happening at the dining table.

Yeri, the one cuddling with Saeron on the couch, didn’t miss the 8pm worthy idol drama in front. Decided to join into the drama, she went up and went up to the bear who is still eating. She leans in close, covering with hands while she whispers beside Seulgi’s ears.

Joy was looking at the whole process, while she was wondering what would the little devil would tell the stupid bear, the said person looks towards her and she quickly looks away, pretending she is focusing on Rose.

Seems like Yeri really told something about her because she is currently walking towards her and it kinda made her uneasy, she felt like she wants to jumps out her seat and run away but that’s not how a kitty queen should act so she stayed, though she might have squirmed a bit.

“Yeri said you looks hungry while you looking at me.” Seulgi said while she handed at full serving of Wendy’s cookies with ice cream along.

Joy almost choked on Seulgi’s statement. The bear seemed really clueless about what Yeri was hinting. The devil was still there, looking with amused smirk while drinking some red colored isotonic drink, ew.

“I am not.” she said sternly, one look at the crestfallen face and she got soften right away. “But I’ll take that since you offered so eagerly.”

She held back her smile and masked with unheeding look as she accept the cookie.

Seulgi tensed neck evidently relaxed when Joy accept her food. She should have peek at Joy a bit longer so she will see the smile plastered on the redden cheek as she munch on the cookies.

Yeri can only shakes her head. “Those lovesick fools.”

 

-

 

Ten minutes passed and they still remained the same posture.

She knows Irene is ignoring her. But she is already shivering since there is a minimal snow and she has already gave Irene her jacket.

Borrowing some valor from the alcohol she had earlier, she pokes Irene cheek. She thinks it’s kinda funny when Irene looks like she was stunned, unable to process any information at the moment. She thinks it’s cute and different from the Joohyun she sees everyday, so she pokes her again.

Again

Again

Again

And again

*cues 2pm’s song*

 

“You lil sh-.” Irene swats Wendy’s hands away as she turned around and glared at her.

Wendy knows she isn’t mad anyway so it doesn’t really intimidate her. Irene looks really cute pretending that she is mad and it makes Wendy smiled, with her eyes narrowing with it and only thing she can see is the gleaming brown orb with her own reflection in it.

“Why you smiling? You think it’s fun provoking me like this?” the older girl pouted, slumping in her seat as she burrow her face into her knees.

Wendy wants to coo at the frail little bunny, take her to a very warm and fluffy blanket and wrap her tight like how Yeri did with her sushi. It wasn’t until she saw the figure in front her shaking, body trembling and it made Wendy’s head gone haywired,

“Awww, no, unnie.” Hesitantly, she reached out to the curled up little thing and place her hand on her back, caressing it while she tried to explain with the softest voice she can master. “Your are just so cute when teased and then you didn’t say anything just now. So I figured that I should do something to break the silence?” Wendy replied sheepishly.

Irene turned her head with her body position maintain, she peeked at the latter without saying anything. The eye contact was quite long and Wendy isn't sure if she should look away or something, luckily the older one started to talk. “Why are you here Wendy?”

Wendy’s motion on Irene’s back stopped, but it was resumed very quickly. “I was, worried about you?”

“Not tonight’s incident Wendy, why are you here? At Earth, at my house?” She buries her head back in her knees, mumbling. “Why must you tumble into my life and shake my heart like this...”

The confession from Irene was heard by the younger. agape, not sure if she is living or dreaming. Slowly, she untangled Irene’s grip on her own arm and held it closer to her. The latter’s shoulder jolted slightly, she lifted her head up, however,  she just watched and did not retract her hand from the warm tight grip of the younger girl.

She holding the hand and lead it to her delicately, while she doing that, her eyes set on Irene’s, awaiting if the latter has any reluctant response.

Irene, on the other side, giving her hand, letting it to be lead by the younger, she did not realised she, at the same time, has paused her breathing with some anticipation of what would the younger do.

 

-

 

She looks as Wendy presses her lips on the back of her hand. She can feel the slight warm breath passed from the nose as the soft velvety lips skimmed on the skin. Their eyes didn’t not look away this whole time.

 

“Oh there there, look what we got here.”

 

 


#HappyWenReneDay !!!!!! WOOOO

 

tbh im really sorry because this started a crack and i dn feel the crack nowadays :/