A little braver

Didn't know I like Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 9

A little braver

 

As far as I know, Chaeyoung is made of all things sweet. She’s the type of person that won’t even hurt a fly. Well maybe that’s not always the case. 

 

The scene in front of me prevented me from moving, I feel like seconds from now I would become a statue already. The look on Jennie’s face tells me that she’s as shock as I am. Who would’ve expect the adorable and almost perfect student body president would push someone on the wall and look like she’s about to punch—— Oh my god. 

 

Before Chaeyoung’s fist can even land on Jennie’s face, I had no choice but to force my body to move and stop her from doing so. 

 

I held her right arm tight, however, that didn’t do me good since she practically pushed me and owww… She’s strong. She’s really strong. 

 

My arm hit the sharp edge of the counter of the sink, which made me fall down on the ground. At first, there wasn’t any pain, but after a couple of seconds it sure did hurt as hell. 

 

“Look at what you did!” Jennie’s voice echoed throughout the restroom, but I was too focused on my arm. Jennie helped me stand up and she carefully inspected my arm which had a bruise and it was bleeding. Yes, it was bleeding and it hurts so much.

 

Jennie escorted me out of the restroom, but I stopped to look at Chaeyoung to say that it wasn’t that serious, but she was looking at her hands and was slightly open. Probably shocked just like how I was earlier. I was going to tell her that she doesn’t have to worry but Jennie pushed me lightly to get me going. I’ll just have to talk to her later. 

 

“I’ll be fine from here, you can go to your class now.” We stopped in front of the infirmary. The bell had already rang a couple of minutes ago and I certainly don’t want Jennie to be late to her class because of me.

 

“Do you think I’ll leave you here? I’m not doing this because I feel responsible over what happened, I’m doing this because I’m worried. So let’s just go inside.” I didn’t argue anymore and just let her do whatever she wants, plus, as much as I don’t want to admit it, that was so sweet of her.

 

The nurse treated my wound and asked me whether it was okay for her to use alcohol to clean it, and me, being a brave soul, said that it was fine. But it wasn’t fine. I had to close my eyes and bite my lips to prevent myself from screaming.

 

“It’s done.” I opened my eyes and finally I’m able to breathe after holding in my breath for quite a number of seconds. I look over to my left and saw Jennie staring at something. I followed her gaze and saw that I was holding her hands. 

 

Upon realisation that I held her hand while the nurse cleanse my wound, I immediately let go of her hand but then Jennie tightened her grip, making it hard for me to let go. This is embarrassing.

 

“Since we’re already gone for almost half the class, why don’t we just skip it instead?” Jennie suggested, and I have to say, it’s hard to decline that offer.

 

 

“Hey.” I felt a nudge on my right side and saw Jisoo sitting beside me. The teacher was discussing something about chemical bonds, and only now did I realise that I wasn’t paying attention. 

 

“Hey.” I greeted back but she frowned at me. Did I say something wrong?

 

“Is there something bothering you?” She whispered, careful not to get caught by the teacher. He’s one hell of a grumpy one. 

 

“No, I’m fine.” Actually, I have been thinking about what happened earlier. Why was Chaeyoung so angry when she saw Jennie. I get that maybe she’s angry that Jennie’s admirer poured coffee over me but if I was her, I wouldn’t go to the extent of punching someone. I’ll be worried for my friend, but I really wouldn’t hurt someone because of that, at least physically. 

 

“Let’s make a bet. If I’ll be able to balance this bottle on my shoulder, you’ll grant me a wish, if I can’t, then I’ll grant your wish.” Jisoo broke my train of thoughts. She didn’t even wait for me to agree to her weird bet as she was already placing the bottle on her right shoulder. Just when she almost succeeded, the teacher noticed her, which made her lose it’s balance.

 

“Kim Jisoo. I hope you can balance all your grades like how you balance those bottles on your shoulders.” He said in his monotonous voice and I couldn’t help but stifle a laugh. That was a nice diss.

 

“Are you laughing?” Jisoo hissed and glared at me, but that doesn’t really affect me anymore. I was already immune to it. 

 

I bit my lip and held back my smile. “No I’m not.”

 

“You were!”

 

“I wasn’t!”

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes. “Tch. I’m not that bad academically.” She then pouted and looked in front of the board as if she was listening. She wasn’t. That I’m certain of.

 

I must’ve stared at her long enough that she noticed. “What?”

 

“You seem, different.” I didn’t even thought about it, my mouth just spoke what was on my mind. I rarely speak without thinking, which is why it came as a surprise that I just blurted it out.

 

Jisoo tilted her head. “Different?”

 

You know what, I’m just gonna tell her what I think. “Yeah. Like when I first saw you, you were like ‘stay out of my way or I’ll kill you’. You were so scary but now, you look like an adorable lost puppy.”

 

She seemed a bit flustered at what I said as I notice a light shade of pink on her cheeks. “A-adorable lost puppy?Y-yah!”

 

Nayeon, who was apparently sitting in front of me, turned around and looked at her friend. “Ooh~ You’re blushing.” Her eyebrows wiggled up and down as a playful smirk was placed on her lips. She somehow reminds me of Jennie. 

 

“Go kill yourself.” Jisoo’s expression changed drastically, from the adorable one to a b-tchy one. 

 

I honestly didn’t like what she said. You can’t just tell someone to die or kill herself cause what if she really does? “Hey. That’s not nice even if Nayeon is your friend.” I faced Jisoo and showed her that I deplore what she just said.

 

She didn’t say anything so I ended up just staring her, waiting for her to do something. 

 

“What?” Jisoo raised an eyebrow on me.

 

“Aren’t you going to apologise?”

 

She scrunched her face and shook her head. “Eew no.”

 

“Jisoo.”

 

We had a staring contest but this time, I knew that I won when she groaned and faced Nayeon. “I’m… sorry.”

 

Nayeon snorted and smirked at Jisoo. “Whipped.”

 

Jisoo leaned forward and almost pulled Nayeon’s hair.

 

“Jisoo.” I made sure to appear austere, and to my surprise, it actually did work. Jisoo leaned back on her chair, pouting like a kid. Didn’t know she can be this cute.

 

Feeling proud of her self constrain, I pat her head and smiled contently. Her pout slowly turned into a small smiled, and although she tried to hide it, I was able to see a glimpse of it. I tell you, Jisoo is even more beautiful when she smiles.

 

Lunch time came and I realise that I have to be at the basement for the art audition thing. I didn’t really like that they’re holding an audition for it but then again, they would excuse me for my next subject so that’s fine.

 

The audition starts after lunch but I decided to go there already since I wasn’t really hungry as of the moment. When I entered the room, there were already four students inside, silently staring at their canvas. It looked like they were thinking of what they’re going to do since nobody really noticed me coming inside. I took the seat at the back corner of the room so no one will disturb me or anything. 

 

I closed my eyes as I thought of the possible subjects that I would paint. There’s no specific idea that came to my mind, but I know that I want to use a grey paint. I don’t know why but I just do. It hadn’t even been long after I closed my eyes when I felt a tap on my shoulders. I don’t even know anyone in this room so who the hell—-Oh.

 

“Chaeng.” What is she doing here?

 

“Umm… Can we talk for just a couple of minutes?” Her voice was so soft and small that I had to figure out what she was saying from some of the words that I heard.

 

“Sure.” 

 

Chaeyoung took the chair beside me and sat. It was awkward since she was looking everywhere but at me. I wanted to say something first, but I figured that I should wait for her until she’s ready to say what she wants. Although I’m quite sure she’s here to apologise.

 

“About earlier, I’m really sorry. I never, never want to hurt you in any way possible. My mind wasn’t working properly at that time. I know that it’s not an excuse. I’m not here to make an excuse, I just want to apologise for what I did. Can you forgive me?” By now I realised that Chaeyoung cries easily. I mean, she’s not crying right now, but I’m quite sure she’s about to do so. I don’t want to see her cry. I hate seeing anyone cry. 

 

“Chaeng, it’s fine. It wasn’t really a big deal. I mean, I was shocked at first but… that’s just it. You don’t need to worry about it.” I smiled to reassure her that it was rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter